140602 Al Pease Memorial Edition

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
Kuwashima
F1 Rejects Founder

140602 Al Pease Memorial Edition

Post by Kuwashima »

Dear all,

Our latest podcast is posted. We begin with our tribute to Al Pease - including some soundbites from his very own interview with our then-UK correspondent Stephen Slater waaaaaay back in 2001. We thoroughly enjoyed going over Al's career and his time in F1 - he was very kind to us in granting us an interview, and we hope we did his career justice. If you feel so inclined, the Pease family have indicated:
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to our local Sevier County Animal Shelter, 959 Gnatty Branch Rd., Sevierville, TN 37876.

Then we head into our usual fare. We cover Caterham's committee, The Feud, other notes from Spain and Monaco, and more - including a GMIF1P from Bathurst in 1960, and the long-awaited return of the publicocrapometer!

Comments, concerns, bouquets, brickbats below!

Cheers,
Jamie
Jocke1

Re: 140602 Al Pease Memorial Edition

Post by Jocke1 »

Enoch
..and he thinks it's completely intentional. And he comes out
with lines like 'I'm gonna deal with this like Senna'.

Jamie
Oooooooooooo.
:lol:

Enoch
McLaren Technical Performance Centre.. or whatever they call it, right.
:D
-*:-
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

I have to say, this podcast is very well done. It was nice to see Al Pease's intro in there as well. I wonder where Steve Slater is right now?
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

Aerospeed wrote:I have to say, this podcast is very well done. It was nice to see Al Pease's intro in there as well. I wonder where Steve Slater is right now?

Right now? Let's see...

*looks into crystal ball*

Ewwwwwwww. You don't want me to tell you, trust me.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Arguably the worst music you've ever played on the podcast with that Bieber song. Still, fantastic work!
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Yet annother amazing podcast from you guys. Just a quick question though, are we allowed to email in suitable music for the podcast in regards to news items or upcoming grand prix?
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
Kobacrashi

Post by Kobacrashi »

Thanks Guys, everything I have come to expect, opinionated, funny and nothing but gushing praise of Marussia. I was a bit worried that such a momentous event as Marussia scoring a point would make you sail off into retirement but gladly your still here, just so long as Kobayashi doesn't win!

My mrs thinks I am weird but I was jumping around like a lunatic when they crossed the line, I have been waiting 5 years for this. Feelgood story of the year, almost deserves a movie version I think. Now my theory on Ferrari slowly stealing Marussia's colour scheme doesn't seem quite so far fetched.

Oh and by the way what are you doing delivering Such a large amount of content in a week!

I think i may need to go for a lie down.
Kobayashi is back! Need I say more!
dresda

Post by dresda »

Excellent podcast. I listened as I tried to break my record for lapping the yard on the lawn tractor..... One F1Rejects Podcast = One acre cut.

Really enjoyed the Al Pease tribute. I am wondering if he was at the track when I participated in the very first VARAC meet on my little Ducati. The vintage bikes were invited to swell the ranks for the first ever meet.

I am even more of an Alonso fan now that I know he snubbed that little twerp Beiber. Excellent song in 'tribute' to him, really enjoyed that! LOL!
'08 BMW F650GS (Jutta), '01 Suzuku DR650, '03 VW Golf TDI (Teddy)
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Great to see The Hammer Of Retribution Ogg-Cast is still getting a mention!

If anyone's interested, the next edition (due on 15th June) will celebrate the life and works of the man who was to epic heathen metal what Juan Manuel Fangio, Ayrton Senna, Jim Clark and Gilles Villeneuve combined were to F1 World Champions, and what HWNSNBM still is to this website.
Last edited by dinizintheoven on 08 Jun 2014, 11:22, edited 1 time in total.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

dinizintheoven wrote:Great to see The Hammer Of Retribution Ogg-Cast is still getting a mention!

If anyone's interested, the next edition (due on 15th June) will celebrate the life and works of the man who was to epic heathen metal what Juan Manbuel Fangio, Ayrton Senna, Jim Clark and Gilles Villeneuve combined were to F1 World Champions, and what HWNSNBM still is to this website.

Is it Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour? ;) Well, maybe not heathen metal, but he can encompass all music genres... :lol:
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Let's just say Stryper won't be putting in an appearance...
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
Kuwashima
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by Kuwashima »

roblomas52 wrote:Yet annother amazing podcast from you guys. Just a quick question though, are we allowed to email in suitable music for the podcast in regards to news items or upcoming grand prix?

Feel free! Can't 100% guarantee we'll use it as we always enjoy the process of uncovering a gem for our listeners, but we always like suggestions...
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

...like I did, you mean? I'm still imagining the look on Enoch's face...