2017 GTR WC: Stick a Fork in 'er, she's done!

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
AxelP800

Re: 2017 GT-R WC: Liveries + Part-Time Cars

Post by AxelP800 »

GenTenp Racing would like to know the reason for the refusing of the entry
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

AxelP800 wrote:GenTenp Racing would like to know the reason for the refusing of the entry

Mont Blanc Racing also would like to know a specific reason for refusal.
Owner of the Peak Motorsport Group.

Biscione wrote:I mean, Renaldo Jimenez, could you ask for a more world class pay driver? Who even is Alexey Buyvolov, amirite?
RealRacingRoots

Post by RealRacingRoots »

AxelP800 wrote:GenTenp Racing would like to know the reason for the refusing of the entry

They withdrew their entry from the Super GP just days before the SGP test without warning or reason. Thus questioning the team's solidarity and ability to commit to an endeavour. And so, GT-R Management lacks faith in GenTemp that they will have a professional operation at the top-teir of tin-top racing. Because of this their entry was refused. Also you can't enter the Ferrari 550 Maranello for Part-Time Use.

V8fan12 wrote:Mont Blanc Racing also would like to know a specific reason for refusal.

The professionalism of Mont Blanc Racing and the Peak Motorsport Group was dubious at best the first time they attempted to enter the series last season. Due to the sensitive nature of that moment, in which Aurico got kicked out of the series and none of the organisations on the Reserve List wished to enter immediately in their place, PMG looked before they leaped and ran right off the cliff in the eyes of GT-R Management. Because of this, PMG was banned indefinitely from entering a team in the series and potential support series that run under the GT-R Banner.

However, due to the fact that the PMG, ignoring Alt-GP2, was a brand new conglomerate it does mean that they have plenty of room to improve the way they operate. GT-R Management will be evaluating the Racing Ventures of the PMG Teams over the next season, in order to build a case to lift the ban on Peak Motorsports Group in the coming years.
The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
GT Super Series
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

RealRacingRoots wrote:

They withdrew their entry from the Super GP just days before the SGP test without warning or reason. Thus questioning the team's solidarity and ability to commit to an endeavour. And so, GT-R Management lacks faith in GenTemp that they will have a professional operation at the top-teir of tin-top racing. Because of this their entry was refused. Also you can't enter the Ferrari 550 Maranello for Part-Time Use.

GenTenp Racing appreciate the well-reasoned reply from the GT-R Management
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

L'Equipe wrote:Voeckler decries PMG indefinite exclusion

Following on from last year's controversial decision to indefinitely ban New Zealand based outfit Peak Motorsport Group from entering the GT-R World Championship, last year's constructors champions have come out in support of the fledgling outfit.

"The punishment does not fit the crime," said Voeckler Group CEO Jeremy-Etienne Voeckler. "It was not necessary. The commission have a itching trigger finger. I simply don't understand how something as small as a line of enquiry leads to a blanket indefinite ban on participation now or in the future."

Voeckler indicated that PMG were not the least experienced team attempting to enter the series, and as a result the Commission's argument over lack of professionalism is unfounded, according to him.

"The commission has no right to deny them an entry, they have no legitimate grounds on which to deny them entry. The part-time entry list is filled with names I've never even heard of - but PMG aren't a total unknown," explained Voeckler. "They've gone to the lengths of hiring a driver with experience at the top level of motor racing. I think by signing Steve Mackintosh they're trying to indicate they're not simply here to run a half-hearted effort with two pay-drivers in the car, but they actually want to go racing and do the best they can on whatever budget they have."

"There are only twelve manufacturer cars in the series. We need the independents like PMG to fill the grid to a healthy level. Entrants will be put off by the commission demonstrating such rash and overblown authority like in this case."
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

Peak Motorsport Group press release
Peak Motorsport Group acknowledges the swift and concise reply from GT-R WC series management and accepts the reasons given for the indefinite ban. We hope that with improvement over the 2017 season, PMG may be able to enter the GT-R WC in the future.

We would also like to thank Voeckler Group CEO Jeremy-Etienne Voeckler for his support of PMG in this matter.

Biscione wrote:I mean, Renaldo Jimenez, could you ask for a more world class pay driver? Who even is Alexey Buyvolov, amirite?
RealRacingRoots

Couple of notes and updates before we get going with Ratings Submissions:

*The Bahrain Pre-Season test will run on the F1 Configuration of the Sakhir Circuit.

*Dependent on the Location, The Pre-Q races for the Independent runners will use a different layout what will be used for the Main Race. Here are the races that will feature this:

RAC Tourist Trophy - Silverstone South
France - Paul Ricard Short Circuit (Turns right past Start/Finish and heads straight to the back-half of the Mistral Straight)
Germany - Nürburgring DTM Variation
Malaysia - Sepang North Circuit (Turn right after turn 6 to return to pit straight)
Japan - Suzuka East (I hope)

*There will be a new format for the Super GP. Details will come at a later date but the main news is that there won't be a separate class using GT2 Cars.
Last edited by RealRacingRoots on 01 Oct 2014, 03:30, edited 1 time in total.
GT Super Series
RealRacingRoots

Send In Your Driver Ratings!

Send them to me Via the E-MAIL button on the side by my profile picture . If you haven't talked to the user who manages drivers for your cars, talk to them now rather than later. If you run a team and manage your own drivers, you can send in those ratings in now and get your other drivers in time in agreement with the other manager(s).

Ratings are due on 12:01 AM (PST), September the Twenty First. If there are communication issues between users or they are away as said on the Nipping Off Thread, I will allow them to send me their ratings late. Part-Time teams need to send me their ratings before practice is run for the round which precedes their début. This means Kiwi Racing has to send me their ratings now. There is no Excuse.

There are 2 sections to the driver ratings, one for general performance, and the other for each driver's style.

Section 1: Driver Performance

Race Ability (Dry): 1 - 5
Rain Ability: 1 - 5
Qualifying Ability: 1 - 5

For these ratings: the lower the value, the faster the driver.
The Minimum Number Required for Section 1 is: 2.125 These three stats will be added together then divided by three go get the final Average.
If a driver has his average below 2.125, a penalty of +1 will be given to one of the three stats at random until the minimum is reached.

Section 2: Driver Specialization

Track Aggression: 0.5-1.25 (Higher being more aggressive)
Driver Ranking: Either Bronze, Silver, Gold or Platinum

With the performance of some drivers over the course of the 2016 season, a new system for Section 2 was needed. For the two stats, Cornering Add and Cornering Mult, a two-stage RNG is being implemented. Depending on the driver's Ranking, the final stats will be Generated within a small section of the full range. Each of the four rankings have a equal share of the range, and there is overlap between them. However, before that Generation is done the first stage RNG will show if the stat goes to the higher or lower ranges, because some drivers might be better in tin-tops than open wheelers or just may not be experienced enough. There will be about 20% chance that the range changes, usually split pretty evenly for promotion or demotion in ranges. If the driver is Bronze or Platinum, there will be a fixed 15% chance that the range will either Increase or Decrease since it can not do both.

TL;DR 2 Stages of RNG, First Stage decides if they are better than worse than expected, Second Stage the Actual Stat is made. Here is a quick guide for the rankings since the actual classifications are in development.

Bronze: New drivers to the ASMF with little experience outside of series that are run find themselves here. Usually in their first two years in the Canon and are rising up the ranks. There are some who are gentleman drivers in their 30s or older who have this be their hobby. Most are found in F3RWRS, AR 2.0, AR GTi, Super Touring Cup, AR STS and other entry-level series or where Gentlemen drivers are a necessity.

Silver: New drivers to the ASMF but have a full CV outside of series that are run here. They can be in their first years in the Canon but are racing at a higher capacity than entry level series, but also can be in the canon for longer but never had the success to rise up the ranks as fast as possible. Older Drivers who are in the twilight of a fruitful careers are usually found here as well. Most drivers are in this ranking, and are racing in almost every series in the canon, bar AR 2.0, the CRL, and the F1RWRS.

Gold:Drivers who have made a name for themselves with consistent and solid results in the top-end series. All drivers who have raced in the F1RWRS or F1 are automatically classified as Gold, unless they are older than 40. Most top drivers in F2RWRS, AR 3.5, GT-R WC, F1RICS are also classified as gold with some drivers winning championships in lower-end series getting automatically classified as Gold if they continue to climb the ladder, clause applies in AR STS, FRENCH and F3RWRS. This ranking has to be earned over a few years of successful racing in the ASMF.

Platinum: The best of the best. These guys are the best racers on the planet and they earned this regard. Most are found racing in F1RWRS, F1, the LMP1s or the Factory GTE cars in the ACO LMC, or in the GT-R WC in some of the top entries.

If you aren't being honest with your driver rankings or you just don't know, I will rank them for you.

So for each driver, you send me the ratings for both sections. For Example:

Antonio Fazio:
Section 1: Driver Performance

Race Ability (Dry): X
Rain Ability: X
Qualifying Ability: X

Section 2: Driver Specialization

Track Aggression: X
Driver Ranking: Silver

With X being the rating you send me.

These stats are Locked and cannot be changed by the user who manages the driver. The only stats that can change are Cornering Add and Mult. They will be changed if the driver's Ranking is changed with a stats boost coming if they are promoted, penalty if they are demoted. Sector 1 and Track Aggression can not be touched and will only fluctuate subtlety with the Relation To Factory penalties. Small changes will be added at my discretion if the driver has improved over the course of the season. This includes drivers who have had their stats generated already.. Here is a link to all the drivers who already have stats made for them.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xdr1Ev3UuME4ec5B0ICfsEsDeZeLGDS71dpx-myVnKc/edit?usp=sharing

Seems easy, right? If you got any questions, do not be afraid to ask. If it's about a driver's ratings and you want to know if they're okay? I can check that too. Have fun!
GT Super Series
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2017 GT-R WC: Ratings Due Sept 21st! Page 4

Post by Klon »

Alright, roblomas - you hopefully got my message, you know what to do, so do it. :mrgreen:

Wizzie, Australian Stig: speak with each other and make sure the stats for your guys are sensible - run them by me, if you are uncertain.
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

Klon wrote:Alright, roblomas - you hopefully got my message, you know what to do, so do it. :mrgreen:

Wizzie, Australian Stig: speak with each other and make sure the stats for your guys are sensible - run them by me, if you are uncertain.

PM sent to Wizzie with Adhikari's preliminary stats.
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

I always knew Marko read this forum.
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

Any of my dfrivers needed to be send their ratings?
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Trueba Racing Team announces that, following the departure of Jari Kekkonen for the NISMO Le Mans team, the second driver of the #24 Ferrari 575 alongside Tristan Jung will be former Kun Engineering driver John Bovy of Grenada.

Image Image
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

Will send my ratings soon and would like Ragnar Larsen's manager send him for me as well

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Ah, whatever, let's take the stooges I made for previous seasons.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Will send Lomas's rating when it is all finalized with Klon.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

FantometteBR wrote:Will send my ratings soon and would like Ragnar Larsen's manager send him for me as well

Done

DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Ratings for Lorenzo Crescenzi, Alexandre-Laurent Voeckler, Natalia Valenti, Massimo Munari and Antonio Bizzarri were all sent in. Anyone else have a driver of mine I forgot I signed with them and need ratings done?

On a similar note I need tristan1117 to send in Tristan Jung's perf file for his Trueba entries! I think Salamander already sumbitted Davies' file so the Maseratis shoud be all good...

Image Image
RealRacingRoots

Here is a list of drivers that still need ratings sent in.

Gerald Pereria-Pan Asia Alliance - Ryota Wong, Owen Carvill

ICE-3 Racing - Julia Schilling

Minarae - Nathan Scott

Chris Short Racing - Both Drivers

Fulcrum Racing - Both Drivers (Can be sent in before Round 2 is run)

Katayama Racing - Both Drivers (Can be sent in before Round 2 is run)

Trueba Racing - Tristan Jung (Can be sent in before Round 2 is run)
Last edited by RealRacingRoots on 21 Sep 2014, 00:30, edited 2 times in total.
GT Super Series
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

I believe I've sent Dawn Granger's (since she got part of SuperGP last year and I don't know if they are valid or need to do it again(

Rated
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Rated »

I would like to take a look at Helena Boveri's stats if possible. (send by e-mail or IRC pm)
Ludvig Kristoffersen's ratings will be sent by v8fan12.
BORDAS BORDAS BORDAS
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

All my driver stats are sent :)
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

Rated wrote:I would like to take a look at Helena Boveri's stats if possible. (send by e-mail or IRC pm)
Ludvig Kristoffersen's ratings will be sent by v8fan12.

I have done Kristoffersen's ratings :)

RealRacingRoots

So the initial deadline for Ratings has passed. The only users left to send in their ratings who had to send it in before the deadline are WaffleCat, Aerond and RDD. Since all three aren't really able to get to a computer for the last little while, no penalties will be assessed. PMs are being sent to those three users.
GT Super Series
RealRacingRoots

Re: 2017 GT-R WC: Pre-Season Test P4

2017 Pre-Season Test Day 1

Session 1: Race Simulations

Session 2: Qualifying Simulations

Test Notes:

*There was a issue in JP Mazzacane's talent file that was detected near the end of session 1. It was resolved before Session 2 was run.

*The only incidents in either session was a spin from Alexi Melvanov on his first out lap in Session 1 at turn 10, and Gia Van Dycke went for a wild ride at the turn 5-6-7 complex during Session 2 and went spinning on the paved runoff. Both would continue without damage.

*The second drivers for each car as of the first round will be doing the second day of testing, except for Aurelien Moll who signed with RTS after the test happened. Chris Winter will be in the car for the second day.
GT Super Series
RealRacingRoots

2017 Pre-Season Test Day 2

Session 1: Race Simulations

Session 2: Qualifying Simulations

Test Notes:

*There were two incidents on Day 2, both happening in the second session.

*Joel Melrose spun after clipping a kerb at Turn 7 and collected James Davies who was following close behind. There was Front Splitter and Front Suspension damage done to the Maserati.

*While the Fantomette Listers proved quick on Day 2, there was a collision between them late in the Qualifying Simulation. Ragnar Larsen was to pass Randall Wade at Turn 1 to swap drafting positions but Larsen locked up the brakes and ran into the back of Wade. There was significant damage to both cars.

*Teams will only be able to change driver roles after the First Round of the Championship. If Part-Time teams are still making driver changes, please update them on the wiki. (That means you Trueba)
GT Super Series
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Well, this is a lot better than previous years drivers.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

Wade 1st in both sessions and Larsen 5th in the qualifying sim?

RealRacingRoots

Re: 2017 GT-R WC: Argentina Weekend P4

Argentina Pre-Qualifying

Weather: Dry

Qualifying Results:

Incident Report:

*The Gulf Saleen spun on exit of turn 6, and collected the Number 11 Best In the World Lamborghini as the Saleen rotated around. Both cars would continue with limited damage.

*The Cabrera Porsche was shown Blue Flags on a few occasions during the session. It took a bit of time but eventually Federico Torres would comply to them.

Race Result:

Fastest Lap: Car 73 - JLD Saleen - Tom Douglas - 2:13.981
The Top 18 Finishing cars will advance to the main race weekend, regardless of if they are classified or not.

Main Talking Points of The Race:

*Nikolas Hirvonen had a dog of a start. By lap 4, he was stone dead last after getting passed by Nazreena Nasser at turn 12 two laps earlier and then spun at turn 6 leaving him with all the work to do in the 30 minute sprint.

*He wasn't the only one who had to fight out of the drop zone. Helena Boveri spun at turn 9 and also had to clear the Kiwi Ferrari if they wanted to feel safe. Helena had way less issue clearing the Part-Time Ferrari, meanwhile Hirvonen was stuck behind the Kiwi Ferrari until lap 12 and was able to drop the part-time car in no-time afterwards.

*Heizo Takekawa's crash was a near-mirror replica of Caspar Toft's crash last year in San Luis; he took the Turn 12 kerbing way too hot and was speared straight into the concrete barrier on the other side. What it meant was Hirvonen, Nasser and Boveri were actually fighting for one spot to transfer to the rest of the weekend.

*At the front of the pack, Adhikari and Mazzacane swapped positions at the front a few times later in the race, but it would eventually go to the advantage of the Saleen driver on his home turf. Mazzacane's team-mate had a good showing in his first go in anger in his new machine. By the end Mattias Kjellerup was busy defending from the surging Corvette of Leandro Moreira and left the front two to fight while the Dane tried his best to consolidate and keep the lone bonus point for the Independents Championship by finishing third in the Pre-Q race, while Mazzacane and Adhikari got 3 and 2 points for their Independents campaign respectively.
GT Super Series
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

Asim Adhikari wrote:That was great fun and I'm very happy with 2nd, although I'll be chasing the win next time. I'm looking forward to battling the Kjellerups in the main race, especially against my old teammate Ashok Sitoula.

CoopsII wrote:

HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

That was a terrible performance from Kiwi Racing
Officially Retired
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Leandro Moreira wrote:It was a good work by team, we race good sometimes and this is today! I believe me is time for caipirinhas for all team, yes!
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
RealRacingRoots

Argentina Friday + Saturday

Weather: Various Levels of Cloud Cover, No Rain

Practice Session Results:

Qualifying Session Results:

Notes from Friday and Saturday:

*There may be changes in laptimes from Pre-Q to the rest of the weekend. The Race weekends use a different draft profile to the Pre-Q which will be primarily apparent on Sunday. Another change, depending if there are issues with it, will be the AIW on some corners. The AIW dictates the driving line the drivers take through the lap, and sometimes it could lead to wonky moments if left unchanged.

*There is an upgrade package being prepped for the Part-Time Porsche 911 GT2 teams which is new suspension all around and a new floor and diffuser package. The hopes is that it will improve the performance of the oldest vehicle in the field. (All cars now run a spec weight and tires, so other means are being used to balance performance)

*Good run from Gio Roda in the MC12. The DSCity team are expected to struggle throughout the year with the MC12 being such a new programme for Maserati. With 12 Factory cars on the grid this year, if everyone finishes classified the bottom two runners will not score points in the Manufactures Championship with the series retaining the point structures from last year.
GT Super Series
V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

I have had a discussion with FantometteBR and he has decided to switch his lineup - Larsen and Wade will now qualify and start their respective cars in the events they are competing in instead of Bisping and Granger. He can confirm this if need be.

RealRacingRoots

Sunday in Argentina

Weather: Heavy Cloud but Dry -> Clear Skies and Dry

Race Results:

Fastest Lap: Car 19 (Gerald Pereria Lister - Fabian Rei/Ryota Wong) - 2:14.772

Car 19 (Gerald Pereria Lister - Fabian Rei/Ryota Wong) was given a 15-Second Penalty for causing an avoidable collision with Car 1 (Union Saver Corvette - Ricardo Llosa/Jordan Mckenna), but the penalty was nullified when they retired and finished unclassified.

Cars 97 (Chris Short Ferrari - Alexi Melvanov/Vitaly Kabirov) and 03 (Solvalou Lamborghini - Antonio Fazio/Enrico Molinaro) are classified for completing 90% of the race distance.

The Positives:

*Ricardo Llosa and Jordan McKenna: The championship hangover would prove to be short, even with not pitting at the best time during the pit cycles, their pace was more than good enough to win.

*Frank Zimmer and Mike Stern: Even with Mike Stern crashing part way through his stint and pitting off cycle for repairs, the Zonda crew were not going down without a fight. If they race went one lap longer, they'd be out of gas somewhere on the back half of the track. Three laps shorter, and they would have had second in the bank after surcoming to the eventual winners with shot tires. Even with a spin in the dying moments at turn 12 dropping them to 5th, finishing where they did is a great recovery for #ZIMSANITY and Stern.

*Best In The World: While the 41 didn't have the cleanest race, with Adhikari and Hortin having a spin each, them and their teammates' pace was more than enough to solidify a 1-2 in the Independent's Class after their main rivals in the Onyx 30 retired early in the race.

*Scuderia Belgio: Crashing at the same spot as the 62 Zonda but finding themselves deeper in the field meant that it was going to be a uphill battle for points. But van Dycke and Munari had enough pace when they were on fresh tires that they got themselves the last point after everyone else's pit strategy cycled out. Earning them the infinite improbability drive of the race.

The Negatives:

*Kjellerup Racing: After showing huge potential in their new machinery, and being near the pointy end of the Independent's Class, it all fell apart with two separate mechanical failures for both of their Saleen S7s.

*Karl Lichter Shultz and Alphonse Ribeiro: While once again they showed promise for a bunch of points, it all fell apart when they crashed in a similar fashion to what Heizo Takekawa did on Friday. With their teammates and team leaders ending up winning overall, this is not what you want to see if you want to defend the Manufacturers Championship.

*Chris Short Racing: After an exceptionally slow first stint, Vitaly Kabirov tried his best to rejoin the battle with the tail-enders during his stints but a Brake failure and crash into some tire barriers would be a merciful end to the Russian Duo's debut in GTR.

*Gerald Pereria-Pan Asia Alliance: Fabian Rei and Ryota Wong were the fastest cars the whole race, without a doubt. But when push came to shove late in the first stint, Fabian Rei stepped over the line and spun Ricardo Llosa. The new leaders at GP Racing didn't do enough to overcome the 15 Second Deficit even though they maintained the lead throughout. If the engine lasted, P6 would have been a good way to show their potential for the rest of the year. Their teammates in Shane Sparks and Owen Carvill were the Deabeat Teammates of the Race, trolling around near the back end of the field for the duration of the running. Anything resembling points in the Manufacturers Championship comes from them making it to the end in one piece, but it doesn't save the team at large from getting the reject of the race.
GT Super Series
DemocalypseNow

Re: 2017 GT-R WC: Argentina Race Report P4

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Trueba confirms Jans Zeitner and Oliviero Cinotti as its new drivers.
Does Cinotti need a perf file?

Image Image
AustralianStig

Re: 2017 GT-R WC: Argentina Race Report P4

Post by AustralianStig »

Asim Adhikari wrote:A little disappointed to miss out on the podium, obviously. We made mistakes today but still had a good return for our efforts. Next step is challenging for race wins.

CoopsII wrote:

RealRacingRoots

Re: 2017 GT-R WC: Brazil Weekend P4

Brazil Pre-Qualifying

Weather: Persistent Heavy Rain

Qualifying Results:

No incidents to report as everyone took it a bit easy not wanting to blow their chances of making the show. A new rule revision effective immediately has one point for the independents trophy being awarded for taking the Pole for the Pre-Q Race. JP Mazzacane will get a point for his Pre-Q Pole in Argentina.

Race Result:

Fastest Lap: Car 41 - BITW Lamborghini - Asim Adhikari - 1:36.617
The Top 17 Finishing cars will advance to the main race weekend, regardless of if they are classified or not.

Penalty Report:

*Car 40 (Kjellerup Saleen - Mattias Kjellerup) has been given a 15 Second Penalty for causing an avoidable collision with Car 87 (JLD Saleen - Diego Mauricio Batistuta).

*Car 6 (Gulf Saleen - Roland Davidson) has been given a 15 Second Penalty for causing an avoidable collision with Car 40 (Kjellerup Saleen - Mattias Kjellerup).

*The driver of Car 41 (BITW Lamborghini - Asim Adhikari) has been given a Formal Warning after their role in a avoidable collision with Car 30 (Onyx Saleen - Milan Vukovic). Car 30 was found to have pinched Car 41 in Turn 10 which forced Car 41 to ride the kerb. Car 41 then understeered into Car 30 and caused the spin. A Formal Warning can be interpreted as a Suspended Ban that only lasts for the Race Weekend.

Main Talking Points of The Race:

*While Anita Horford knew where the grip was over one lap in Qualifying, once all 21 cars were on track she had way more issues finding where the grip is in all the spray. She dropped down to fourth once the first lap was done and would drop down more positions steadily throughout the race. Her race pace was to stabilise when she ended up in tenth place and would stay there for the closing stages of the race.

*The two teams from the Caribbean Racing League weren't completely hopeless compared to Equipo Cabrera. While the pace spread had closed partially due to the rain, the fact that they had Saleen S7-Rs at their disposal, how they obtained them no one knows, helped their cause. Both would drop to the rear end of the advancing cars, but Dean Murphy found himself to be the big winner in the last lap spin.

*But the main story coming out of the race would be the two penalties that knocked out two of the Independent Trophy's protagonists. Both Mattias and Roland were way too ambitious on turn-in to Turn 10 and ran over the cars in front in a move that was fairly easily done at other times in the race. Due to the last spin happening on the last lap, it did just enough to pack the field together within so they were within 15 Seconds, and sealed their fate. The action between the top 4 was great throughout, but the one time ambition got the better of Davidson and Kjellerup, it meant that they would not be racing for the rest of the weekend.
GT Super Series
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

Roland Davidson will be replaced for the next round by Tomo Kazama, after his incident in the pre-qualifying race.
This is a cool spot.
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Sportscar365.com - GT-R WC Brazil Notebook wrote:Kjellerup to protest penalty

Mattias Kjellerup has announced that he is protesting against the penalty issued against the #40 Kjellerup Racing Saleen. "I admit that I have made a driving error, but the penalty applied is in no relation to the error I made. It was a driving error, resulting in a spin for the other car, which was able to continue and qualify for the main race. I fail to see how this justifies a penalty which is equal to an exclusion from the main race."
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
RealRacingRoots

Main Points coming from Analysing the Incident between Car 40 (Kjellerup Saleen - Mattias Kjellerup) and Car 87 (JLD Saleen - Diego Mauricio Batistuta):

*Mattias went on the brakes way later than Diego did, giving the impression that Mattias was going for a overtake even though it had no chance to work. He came back from about 3 car lengths back to make the dive, braked about 25 meters after Diego did, and didn't apply as much turning radius to stay on apex as he should have.

*Diego did leave about half a lane open on the inside of the corner as he was taking a conservative line in the wet, but there wasn't enough room to make a pass happen when Mattias showed up on the scene especially if he didn't apply enough turning axis to his car.

*Was this Collision Avoidable? YES. By definition Mattias did not do enough, or anything to avoid running into and spinning out Diego. Mattias went on the attack when the move only had the slimmest of chances to work in the Dry, let alone in the wet.

Here are the RNG odds for the appeal:

Penalty Remains Unchanged -> 1-85

Penalty is Reduced to Five Seconds, Mattias Kjellerup is Given a Formal Warning -> 86-99

Penalty is Overturned, Mattias Kjellerup is Given a Formal Warning -> 100

Result:

The penalty remains unchanged. The move was too blatant to have an adequate case be built against it. If Mattias wanted to call it a driver error, he would have braked sooner, locked up the fronts, and aquaplane into the side of the JLD Saleen, but it was not the case. The Number 40 Kjellerup Racing Saleen will still miss the rest of the weekend.

Part-Time Teams whose first round is the RAC Tourist Trophy must send in their ratings to me before the Round of Brazil Race Report is posted. Here are the teams I am missing ratings for:

Fulcrum Racing - Both Drivers
Trueba Racing Team - Oliviero Cinotti
Katayama Racing - All Drivers
GT Super Series