F1RWRS 2017 - DE BOCK WDC JONES WCC -- Vote ROTY NOW!!!

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
DemocalypseNow

Re: F1RWRS 2017

Post by DemocalypseNow »

DanielPT wrote:(As a reminder, our base is in Australia so I consider it our home country)

This was discussed at length with Aerond only a day or two. It was clarified as such;

The nationality your team has been registered as will be considered your home country. This means Kamaha, despite all their protests of 'oh, but we're based in the UK!', will have their home status in Japan, because they registered themselves as a Japanese team.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Biscione wrote:
DanielPT wrote:(As a reminder, our base is in Australia so I consider it our home country)

This was discussed at length with Aerond only a day or two. It was clarified as such;

The nationality your team has been registered as will be considered your home country. This means Kamaha, despite all their protests of 'oh, but we're based in the UK!', will have their home status in Japan, because they registered themselves as a Japanese team.

I'll allow for teams to change nationality before market opens though.
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Aerond wrote:
Biscione wrote:

I'll allow for teams to change nationality before market opens though.

No need for that in Sunshine's case. I wasn't sure and decided to interpret it that way. We will change the venue from Bathurst to Suzuka, first and Fuji, secondly.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

DanielPT wrote:No need for that in Sunshine's case. I wasn't sure and decided to interpret it that way. We will change the venue from Bathurst to Suzuka, first and Fuji, secondly.

... Rules PLS!

7.2.8 Teams cannot run private tests at a venue that is hosting a F1RWRS race within the same calender year until after that race has been run.

So no Fuji. Either repeat at Suzuka or choose another Japanese track.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Aerond wrote:
DanielPT wrote:No need for that in Sunshine's case. I wasn't sure and decided to interpret it that way. We will change the venue from Bathurst to Suzuka, first and Fuji, secondly.

... Rules PLS!

7.2.8 Teams cannot run private tests at a venue that is hosting a F1RWRS race within the same calender year until after that race has been run.

So no Fuji. Either repeat at Suzuka or choose another Japanese track.

Forgot that one. Sorry! :oops: I will switch Fuji to Motegi.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

dr-baker wrote:
Aerond wrote:Official PRE-SEASON TESTS:

27th - 28th January -- JEREZ

10th - 11th February -- ESTORIL

Designated dates for Private Pre-Season tests at non-championship venues: 13th-14th January, 20th-21st January and 3rd-4th February.

Please announce your 2 Driver Line-Ups for each one of the official Pre-Season Test (remember it is 2 driver per 2 day test)

Pippa Mann and Peter Port at Jerez, focus on reliability. Fleet and Port at Estoril, again focus on reliability.

Foxdale will also have a private test at Rockingham (the English one, not the American one) on 13th-14th January with Peter Port and Pippa Mann on both days. I believe that, in accordance with the rules on the Wiki, these three tests will qualify Peter Port for a SuperLicence?

As an aside, if Aerond still wishes that tests be put onto the wiki before he runs the test, can someone put this info on there for me please?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Gauthier are adding a second private pre-season test at Magny-Cours. This makes our test plans as follows:

Gauthier testing plans:

Private test session (13th-14th January): Paul Ricard
Focus: Reliability
Danny van Rijkens
Tomo Kazama

Private test session (20th-21st January): Magny-Cours
Focus: Reliability
Danny van Rijkens
Tomo Kazama

Pre-season test 1: Jerez
Danny van Rijkens
Tomo Kazama

Pre-season test 2: Estoril
Jordan Davies
Aimee Gauthier
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

I need to clarify Pay Driver status over the next drivers:

- Diego Álvarez Torrente
- Bastian van Nieuwenhuijzen
- Marco Bizzarri
- Geoff Donnelly
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Marco Bizzarri is a pay-driver through and through.

Bastiaaan van Nieuwenhuijzen though...hmm, I hadn't considered him being a pay driver before, though I'm not really sure why I didn't. I'll have to think about that and get back to you shortly.

Image Image
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Donnelly is, as I have always stated, a pay driver.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Torrente is a pay-driver.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

Dacia's test driver will be Michael Robertson (and possibly Michael Cameron).

27th - 28th January -- JEREZ
  • Dave Simpson
  • Michael Robertson

10th - 11th February -- ESTORIL
  • Dave Simpson
  • Wouter Lamberigts
This is a cool spot.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Autodynamics are pleased to announce Daniel Melrose as our new second driver for the first half of the season. Cave Johnson and Sebastien will be reserve drivers.

Test roster:

Jerez: Nicolas Steele and Jean Vincent Albertini

Estoril: Nicolas Steele and Daniel Melrose
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Aerond, here are all twenty game-ready liveries for you.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Updated chassis and engine list here:

http://formularejects.com/wiki/2015_For ... ngine_List

I'm sending all team owners your current credits and chassis info via email right now. Please note that some minor corrections have been made to engine prices since the last budget update. Market will become open tonight at Midnight CET.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Aerond wrote: Market will become open tonight at Midnight CET.

The past couple of off-seasons, I have requested that you give us a bit of advanced warning for when the market is about to open, and yet you only ever give at most a few hours' notice. Is there a reason why you cannot give three or four days' notice?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

dr-baker wrote:

The past couple of off-seasons, I have requested that you give us a bit of advanced warning for when the market is about to open, and yet you only ever give at most a few hours' notice. Is there a reason why you cannot give three or four days' notice?

Because there's no need to in most cases, specially this year most teams have their tyres and engines already arranged.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Aerond wrote:
dr-baker wrote:

Because there's no need to in most cases, specially this year most teams have their tyres and engines already arranged.

Rob Lomas Racing have negotiated some stuff and will have the email sent to you, Aerond, at presicely midnight CET.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Aerond wrote:Updated chassis and engine list here:

I'm sending all team owners your current credits and chassis info via email right now. Please note that some minor corrections have been made to engine prices since the last budget update. Market will become open tonight at Midnight CET.

Should it be CEST? All time/date websites say CET is now in summer time mode. And I have not received any emails. :?
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

FMecha wrote:
Aerond wrote:Updated chassis and engine list here:

Should it be CEST? All time/date websites say CET is now in summer time mode. And I have not received any emails. :?

I'm sending them all, yours should be in a few minutes.
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Aerospeed, you got mail. ;)

And yeah, I got the info about three minutes ago.

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

I have received no info.

However, I have written an email with my teams intentions.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

roblomas52 wrote:I have received no info.

However, I have written an email with my teams intentions.

You won't get one because your account simply reads 1000cr! :lol:
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Email sent to Aerond at 5 seconds past midnight CET.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Do all plans need to be emailed to Aerond? :?
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Three things, everyone.

Firstly, ladies and gentlemen, I have a gift for you all. Aerond gave you all a sneak preview of the spotters' guide, and you can get the (pretty much) completed version HERE! At the request of SuperAguri, I will also make a print-friendly version so you can stick it on your wall, use it as a coaster, light a barbecue with it, or whatever you damn well please...the possibilities are endless. I forgot to say thank you to those who sent in liveries, you can all be proud of your work. It seems we'll have quite a pretty field of cars.

Secondly, some news:

Autosport wrote:Fusion sign engine deal with Great Wall

Chinese automotive company Great Wall announced a one-year engine supply deal with F1RWRS newcomers Fusion Motorsports, Autosport has learned.

Great Wall bought the former Prospec engine design and facilities after the British team withdrew their motorsport operations, and have elected to supply Fusion for free in 2017.

"We're pleased we could announce this deal with Great Wall" said team principal and hair-care magnate Jacques Couteau. "The engines are costing us nothing, and so we can divert the rest of our funds to our chassis, which has been designed in-house over a number of months".

"The engines are unchanged from the original Prospec design, so we don't expect to leave pre-qualifying this year. If we can get our hands on something more powerful next year, then we should be right in the mix."

The team also signed a two-year deal with Dunlop, who supply tyres to a number of teams including Jones, MRT and ArrowTech.

And lastly, a season preview now everything's come out in the wash:

2017 F1RWRS Preview

Voeckler - Renault:

Former F1 driver Jeremy-Etienne Voeckler has made the next logical step for the self-proclaimed French racing royal family and bought out the Scuderia Alitalia team; the team were put up for sale after Alessandro Linari was jailed for assault. However, the name and ownership is the only real change for the team as the management staff, technical partners and drivers all remain the same as 2016, keeping much needed continuity after a few unstable seasons. The works Renault deal will keep the team in the ascendancy, as the race performance shortfall the team suffered at the start of last season is gradually being phased out. Although de facto number-one Ron Mignolet has now reached the age of 40, his experience is still vital for the team, and his turn of pace shows no signs of abating either, although he’ll need to be careful not to throw away wins like he did in Canada last season. Nathanael Spencer had a less auspicious season than his team-mate, having to realign himself with the demands of a top-line team. He’ll be expecting to knock on the winners’ door more often.

WCC Prediction: 1st. The two drivers are evenly matched and should deliver another constructors’ title with more ease than last season.

Jones – Ford:

Unlike their championship rivals of last season, Jones haven’t had the luxury of being able to keep things the same. Fredo Mestolio took his chequebook to MRT, and Rhys Davies decided not to defend his 2016 title by moving into the realm of endurance racing. Moreover, the team have reportedly stopped their usual evolutionary design path in favour of a more radical car design for 2017, although this is expected to be late. However, the team have picked up the best possible replacements for both their drivers and brought in a blend of youth and experience. Replacing the out-going champion is former three-time F1RWRS champion Mark Dagnall, who is looking to bounce back from a disastrous year with MRT. Another champion also joins the team too, in the shape of F2RWRS winner Diego Alvarez Torrente. Famously quick in qualifying, Torrente will need to get up to speed with F1RWRS-grade racing. The Spaniard also managed to source some sponsorship from Telefonica, ensuring Jones get their chassis development on track as soon as possible.

WCC Prediction: 3rd. Dagnall might take some time to readjust to fighting for wins, and Torrente will need to learn quickly.

Aeroracing – Audi:

Having been upstaged by the incoming Kay Lon last season, Pippa Mann left to join her own Foxdale outfit after her new business cards were deemed to have been reprinted with “second fiddle” underneath her name. Lon will remain the focal point for any Aeroracing championship challenge next season, and if the team manage to fix their reliability woes there’s no reason why they can’t propel the German to the front. The team have acquired Rothmans sponsorship for the new season, evoking memories of the past with their homage to (or blatant rip-off of) the Rothmans Williams of Formula 1 past. Alongside Lon is highly-rated Alexey Buyvolov; the Russian has only had F1RWRS experience in a lethargic Dofasco car, but with his speed and raw talent he managed to drag the red-and-white machines to a couple of races last season, having famously scored some surprise results in F2RWRS beforehand. He’s not expected to challenge Lon from the outset next year, but don’t be surprised if he’s matching his team-mate by the season’s end.

WCC Prediction: 2nd. A more level line-up and greater reliability should see Aeroracing fighting for the top step. Lon might even be in the fight for the title if the team manage to step it up.

ArrowTech – Gillet:

ArrowTech really played a blinder in the engine market last season; it became apparent that, early doors at least, the Gillet engines were the ones to have for immediate success. Although the development tailed off, ArrowTech should still be in and around the points again for 2017. Philippe Nicolas proved that there’s life after MRT by taking decisive wins at Bathurst and Monza, and is expected to lead the team again. Mirko Bosevic clearly had one eye on his retirement slippers last season, and threw away a couple of good results as he finished 16 points down on his teammate. As the Croatian has hung up his helmet to run the reformed Hydook Racing team, Hansuke Shioya has joined the Canadian team. The Japanese driver is looking to defy the title of “one-hit wonder”, having managed to take second at a wet Montreal last season for Gauthier, and ArrowTech would seem the place to do it. He’s under pressure to perform from the off though, since the sponsorship he was expected to bring to the team has not materialised.

WCC Prediction: 6th. Nicolas is expected to get the lion’s share of points, whilst Shioya might make a few token appearances in the top six. One can’t help but feel Marie Simon would have been a better call.

Autodynamics – Gillet:

The little Australian team were another to benefit from the early-season goodness of the Gillet powerplant, although losing Jean-Luc Schiller early to MRT didn’t exactly help the team’s bank balance. Nicolas Steele still did a respectable job, and he’ll be looking to break the fabled “Dan BH” curse if the team can continue to watch their star ascend. The team’s breakthrough win came from Monegasque driver Jean-Vincent Albertini, and the team would have been expecting more of the same from him from 2017 as they expected a settled lineup. That was all academic really, since Albertini picked up a whopping eight-race ban after something of a meltdown in the F2RWRS Twin 100. Although Ashley Watkinson and Shinobu Katayama were touted names for the seat, it’s over to Daniel Melrose to make his one-thousandth F1RWRS comeback. Whether this disruption will affect the team in the long run remains to be seen, but Melrose might need a little time to adapt.

WCC Prediction: 5th. Melrose and Steele should be consistently in the lower reaches of the points, and when Albertini comes back you can expect him to blow hot or cold. Having two drivers of a similar level should elevate the team ahead of ArrowTech.

MRT – BMW

Now under the less mercurial management of Pierre Depault, MRT are making baby steps back towards the front after having their annus horribilis in 2016. They’ve made the executive decision to bring on board two paying drivers - indicating that their focus is on 2018 - but the team should still improve over last season. Reliability was the key factor in their meltdown, and the engineers have spent the winter trying to fix those issues whilst trying to keep the pace that saw Mark Dagnall take ten fastest laps last season. Jean-Luc Schiller leads the team, and the Swiss driver has shown that he can score the big results when necessary, especially when the car isn’t a ticking time-bomb. Mestolio was quite hit-and-miss for Jones last season, but with a first win under his belt should mean that he has the confidence towards the front end. Whether BMW will have a customer team to share their development with remains to be seen, but things certainly can’t get any worse than last season.

WCC Prediction: 4th. The team should have addressed the reliability that hamstrung them last season. Unfortunately, the driving staff won’t help them into the top three.

Kamaha – Suzuki:

You can say what you like about Kamaha’s 2016 season, but it certainly wasn’t boring. The team got through five different drivers due to a combination of suspensions and walk-outs, whilst dodgy reliability managed to help the team drop into pre-qualifying. And yet after all the drama, the team still racked up two wins as the team scored all of its points in three of the last four races thanks to their late-season Japanese duo of Tomo Kazama and Hagane Shizuka. After a falling out with the management of the team, Kazama has left for Gauthier, but Shizuka continues with the team for a full season in the hope of more victories. Marko Jantscher was in the frame for the second seat, but after the Austrian elected to continue his junior program for one more season the team picked up Bastiaan van Nieuwenhuijzen. The Dutchman is an unknown quantity at this level; if he performs to the level he occasionally threatens to, then Kamaha may well have a vintage season. However, rookie inconsistency is probably more likely.

WCC Prediction: 7th. Kamaha were born to be a midfield team, and a similar position is expected next season. However, the driver pairing could still spring a few surprises.

Gillet:

To the surprise of absolutely nobody, Gillet have retained the same lineup as last season...which was the same lineup as the year before. Oh, and the year before that. In fact, Gillet have had the same driver pairing of Thomas De Bock and Aurelien Moll since 2012. For the past two seasons, De Bock has led the team admirably, as the once impressive Moll begins to fade further into racing obscurity. Although the team aim to promote Belgian racing talent, perhaps sticking with Moll for a further season is not exactly in the best interests of the team from a results perspective. The only thing that can save them will be a new chassis; if the team can learn from their mistakes last season, it might be able to help the team.

WCC Prediction: 9th. De Bock will score points here and there, but keeping Moll will be a strain on the team’s already-precarious finances. The team may need to look into the benefits of a pay-driver going forward if they’re ever to hit the ground running again.

Holden:

The famous Australian marque had something of a renaissance after a poor 2015, thanks to a fantastic chassis and the experience of Frank Zimmer and Douglas Mann. As the Holden engine has slowly begun to improve, the team are expected to continue to rise through the ranks again as the design wizards set to work on creating another strong chassis. As Zimmer has quit racing to focus on the running of the team, Mann will be called upon to give new boy Alberto Cara the wealth of his racing experience. Cara has been signed on a cautious eight-race deal, since he’s gained a reputation as something of a hot-headed driver and prone to accidents. However, on his day there’s nobody better; there have been occasions where Cara has turned up and left the opposition for dust. Holden will be hoping they see the Tropican destroy his opponents, and not his own car.

WCC Prediction: 8th. Provided the team get the mix right, they should push further up the grid and maybe even manage a few sneaky podiums. This is dependent on the chassis the design team come up with, as well as which Cara turns up.

Kingfisher – Ford:

Under new Plus One management, Kingfisher still remain glued to the midfield reaches of the grid. David Neuberg has infinite job security with the team, since he’s carried them for the past two seasons alone. His form at the tail end of last season was mighty, having scored 8 points in the last two races. The other seat presented more of a problem; Barii Mori was unceremoniously turfed out before the season began, before being ushered back in after Brucie Kibbutz failed to bring any money to the team. Nathan McKane then ended up in the seat as Mori started to make substitute appearances for Kamaha and Revolution, and clearly did enough for the Plus One Group to extend his contract. The Scot is going to have to prove that he’s more than a match for Neuberg if his F1RWRS career is going to have any longevity.

WCC Prediction: 11th. Neuberg will probably carry the team again, although McKane might score a point or two. That said, a spell pre-qualifying beckons for the team since one-lap pace is still elusive.

Gauthier – Pure Hart:

Gauthier only managed to score points on one occasion, but it was a glorious occasion indeed for the rookie French team. At a wet Montreal, Hansuke Shioya kept it on the island to take a surprise 2nd place. Since Gauthier needed money to develop their chassis further, Shioya and team-mate Jesus Plaza found themselves out of Gauthier after Belgium as the team hired Danny van Rijkens and Gregor Pascal for the rest of 2016. Former CR driver van Rijkens stays with the team for 2017, as do the modified versions of the CR PP-A chassis which were given to Gauthier since the Spanish-registered team withdrew from the sport. Van Rijkens brings Sasol money from his native South Africa, as Pascal is replaced by Tomo Kazama. Kazama represents something of a coup for Gauthier having won in her maiden F1RWRS season, and the team are hoping that she can find further podium form to hasten their rise up the grid.

WCC Prediction: 10th. Pure-Hart still remain weak in race trim, but the talented driver line-up should ensure that Gauthier continue to push forward.

Sunshine – Daihatsu:

The name of the Japanese team is perhaps a little misleading, since Sunshine have lacked lustre for the past few seasons. Ever since the team lost their works deal with Infiniti and jumped into bed with Daihatsu, their performances have been middling at best. The team were one of the last to announce the 2017 lineup, and have settled on a very safe line-up indeed. Daniel Martins remains at the team for another season, although he’s never really shown himself to be anything more than an occasional points-scorer. After the exit of James Davies to endurance racing, the team had been expecting to partner Martins with Yuka Katayama, but instead they tied Barii Mori down to a drive. Mori is also a driver who sporadically makes appearances in the points, and it’s safe to say that neither driver will punch above their weight.

WCC Prediction: 12th. Many expect the team to end up in pre-qualifying, but Sunshine should expect to finish in the 7th-11th places in most races. A handful of points is the best they can expect.

Foxdale – Pure Hart:

Just as Foxdale looked to be near the front, the team lost their Renault deal at the start of 2016 and had to make do with the qualifying engines from Pure-Hart. This led Martin McFry and Ben Fleet to a number of pole positions, but in race trim the Manx machines were hopelessly slow. McFry didn’t manage a point all year, as Fleet took a lucky 5th at the crazy Canadian Grand Prix. After both were suspended, it was up to Pippa and Douglas Mann to salvage something from the season. Pippa managed to take 6th at Macau, as Douglas took 4th at the attrition-hit season finale. With other outfits making strides forward, Foxdale and their customer engine deal might slip even further back in race trim. Team owner Pippa has thought it best for business if she remains in the Foxdale driving seat(s), whilst Ben Fleet remains to make Foxdale’s 2017 assault a true husband-and-wife affair.

WCC Prediction: 14th. The qualifying package should still be one of the best, but in race trim they’ll be sliding down the field like a stick of butter. Especially Fleet, who’s never been good in race trim.

Boxtel – Ford:

The Dutch team were ridiculously close to being wiped out from existence until the F1RTA successfully lobbied for cheaper engine deals. The car is bare, excluding small deals with Google and Sega, and the driving line-up has left the team with absolutely no hope of doing anything in 2017. Although Battani and Kekkonen were average at best, at least they could manage points every now and then. The problem is, neither driver brought money, and were turfed out for the chequebooks of qualifying specialist Wouter Lamberigts and human cash machine Benoit Voeckler at the end of last season. Lamberigts was easily lured to Simpson though, leaving the team to find another cash-flush driver to partner Voeckler. They didn’t have to look far, as the team had signed Connor O’Heagan for their nascent endurance program. A quick word with his sponsors ensured that the Irishman would switch to the top single-seater series instead after some impressive showings in the winter FRENCH series. Although the team have somehow managed to pay the bills, the on-track showings will be more representative of the crisis the team find themselves in.

WCC Prediction: 18th. Boxtel limp on with their old chassis, and are expected to feature heavily in pre-qualifying. O’Heagan might impress every now and then, but Voeckler is expected to be very slow indeed.

Simpson – Dacia:

Last year was supposed to be the year that Simpson score their first points and bridge the gap to the midfield. But that was also supposed to be the case in their rookie season too, after pundits were initially impressed with their resourcefulness at the start. As it goes, the team have no points in two seasons, and have rarely made it out of pre-qualifying. Michael Cameron has retired from motorsport after an indifferent first season in F1RWRS, and Du Lei has left to pursue a career in the US. This leaves head honcho Dave Simpson to jump back into full-time racing, as Wouter Lamberigts joins from Boxtel. The Belgian driver is exactly the man the team need; although he brings money, he’s famously quick in qualifying and should help lift the team out of pre-qualifying more often. They may even have a shot at points if the car’s up to it. The team have also gone under a significant rebrand for 2017, having become the “Dacia F1RWRS Team”. They drop the famous Gulf Racing colours for a more conservative blue and white scheme. Good news for Dacia fans, I suppose.

WCC Prediction: 13th. A points-breakthrough is a big ask, but both Simpson and Lamberigts are adept drivers and should haul the car in at least the right direction.

Mecha – Pure Hart:

Mecha are something of an enigma. The team could and should have had some decent results by now, and the Pure Hart deal signed for last season seemed like the team had made some good business. However, the team’s reluctance to put their hand in their pocket has ensured that the Indonesian team remain tied to the burden of pre-qualifying. Little was invested in the chassis; although there were good features, it rarely saw a wind-tunnel and thus couldn’t utilise the extra power that the Pure Hart technicians like to put in on a Saturday. The driving staff last season was poor too; Renaldo Jimenez obviously didn’t want to be there, and for a former protégé of Chris Dagnall it seemed that Nathan Scott was somewhat ineffectual. Mecha have done things a bit differently this time, but it still won’t make much difference. Jesus Plaza is a safe pair of hands but nothing more, and Hiroto Tojo is there for his money having been sprung from his Fusion reserve contract. His Dofasco showings will set the tone for many people’s perceptions of his talent.

WCC Prediction: 17th. Mecha will do absolutely nothing again this season, but will manage to keep their heads above water by simply being less rubbish than a few other teams. Plaza might set some competitive laps in PQ, but Tojo will hold him back by languishing at the base of the standings.

Revolution – Renault:

Revolution look like they’re making a step in the right direction...but this was said last year too. Shinobu Katayama and Hagane Shizuka looked like a good pairing on paper, and with a customer Renault deal the team gave the impression that they were in the ascendancy. Yet, they finished 20th and last in the standings after Shizuka qualified for just one race before upping sticks for Kamaha. The chassis was their biggest bugbear, and to alleviate their concerns on that front they’ve brought in two pay-drivers and will race with an updated ArrowTech car. Marco Bizzarri hasn’t been earth-shatteringly good in junior series, but he’s decent enough and won’t make a fool of himself. The second driver was a very shrewd signing indeed; Revolution have managed to pick up Andrej Kremnicky. The Slovakian driver is a driver in the Alberto Cara mould; although notoriously wild, he’s blisteringly quick on his day and could really be an asset for the Japanese team. The team will also turn up to Adelaide with something other than a plain black livery, as the team have introduced a new red paint-job with Alice and Lavezzi sponsorship courtesy of Bizzarri.

WCC Prediction: 16th. Cautiously speaking, the team look like they might be on the up. However, they need to spend 2017 doing the groundwork if they’re to achieve any long-term success. Kremnicky could be a dark horse to score a point or two if the chassis concerns are addressed.

Nurminen – Holden:

The Finnish outfit were the first of the new-for-2017 teams to be provided with an F1RWRS entry, and have set to work on making their stay in the top flight a success. The team have plenty of pedigree in touring cars and junior single-seaters, and so they have a wealth of experience on tap. This experience and shrewdness in the market has brought them into what is essentially a Holden B-team deal; the team will run Holden’s engines and an updated version of the 2016 HRT chassis. After a torrid season at Foxdale last year, Martin McFry has stepped across to lead Nurminen’s first assault; the Northern Irishman is very quick in the right car, and since the Holden package is a known quantity it’s safe to say that points should be a goal for him. Gregor Pascal fills the second seat after a short spell at Gauthier, and although he wasn’t a star performer he kept a fair account of himself. Seasoned pro Shinobu Katayama has a reserve deal with the team to step in if things go awry, so the team certainly have strength in depth.

WCC Prediction: 15th. With McFry’s help, the team should be able to break the shackles of pre-qualifying sooner rather than later. A point or two has to be another objective, because on paper it’s certainly achievable.

Fusion – Great Wall:

Fusion’s strategy can be explained in a gardening metaphor. Whilst Nurminen and Rob Lomas Racing are buying their trees from the garden centre to plant immediately, Fusion are going to spend a lot of money on a seed which they are hoping will grow into a very big tree indeed. Confused? Well, Fusion have gone against the grain to pick up the free Great Wall engines (the gutless former Prospec units) and are concentrating all of their funds on a bespoke chassis. In short, 2017 is a write off in terms of results, although numerous press releases from the team meant we expected this to be case anyway. Miko Fakkinen brings his experience and wealth to lead the team, and has previous knowledge of this level of racing having been with Revolution and Autodynamics before. The second seat has gone to “Pieman” Geoff Donnelly, who brings handsome backing from bakery chain Greggs along with some tremendous weight.

WCC Prediction: 20th. Fusion have continued to play down their 2017 hopes, and having the least powerful engine should keep the team in prequalifying.

Rob Lomas - Audi:

After Prospec withdrew from F1RWRS after their in-house engine experiment backfired horrifically, it was over to the Rob Lomas Racing team to pick up the pieces. RLR have had previous experience in sports cars, but little contemporary single-seater experience. With little time to prepare, the team have opted for old hand Dean O’Lauchlan and Adelaide Voeckler, the sister of Benoit. This duo doesn’t exactly fill many people with confidence, but again, they’ve been hired for their wallets. There was a deal on the table with Jones for their former chassis, but the team have elected to go for the aged Kamaha chassis in a cut-price deal. This is to be paired once again with an Audi engine, but with the chassis depreciation it’s not expected to turn many heads, especially with the poor reliability the team suffered last year.

WCC Prediction: 19th. Nothing is expected from the team in reality. They should beat Fusion, who will have a significant horsepower disadvantage, and might knock on Boxtel’s door. Perhaps a couple of fluke escapes from pre-qualifying?

FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Some change of plans;

In addition to the regular, public tests, Mecha will have a private test in Sentul, focusing on Downforce, with Plaza and Tojo driving. Dates are 13 and 14 January. :)
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

All chassis have been generated now and are ready to check on Wiki:

http://formularejects.com/wiki/2015_Formula_1_Rejects_World_Race_Series_Chassis_and_Engine_List
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Along with the overlord and RRR, we have been working on a new credit earning system for 2018, since the off-season opened up some major flaws in the system (Yes, I'm looking at you Ataxy :P ). Therefore, I bring to you the first sponsorship list that'll come into effect at the start of the 2018 season.

A few notes to consider before the new system is implemented are as follows:

1. Tiers 1 and 3 are pretty much set in stone as far as what sponsors will appear on there, but clauses may be swapped around if need be. Tier 2 will undergo the most change as more information about paydrivers and driver academies come to hand
2. For accounting purposes, a tier 1 sponsor will take up 60% of the room on the car, tier 2 20% and tier 3 10%. How you fill up this 100% quota is entirely up to you.
3. As a ballpark figure, Tier 1 sponsors should provide 350-450 credits a year, Tier 2 80-120 and Tier 3 20-40 credits. Base payments will be given at the start of each year, but clause payouts will be determined at a later date.
4. Multi-year contracts are possible with Tier 1, but be warned the performance expectations column is an anti-tanking devise, so try not to piss the sponsors off too much by under-performing massively
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
RonDenisDeletraz

Wizzie wrote:Along with the overlord and RRR, we have been working on a new credit earning system for 2018, since the off-season opened up some major flaws in the system (Yes, I'm looking at you Ataxy :P ). Therefore, I bring to you the first sponsorship list that'll come into effect at the start of the 2018 season.

Can't view the document, but I would be opposed to any rule that limits free choice with sponsors
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

RonDenisDeletraz wrote:
Wizzie wrote:Along with the overlord and RRR, we have been working on a new credit earning system for 2018, since the off-season opened up some major flaws in the system (Yes, I'm looking at you Ataxy :P ). Therefore, I bring to you the first sponsorship list that'll come into effect at the start of the 2018 season.

Can't view the document, but I would be opposed to any rule that limits free choice with sponsors

You have to request permission through google docs to view it, since I don't want people messing around with the list at this point.

It's still very much an idea that's being gradually fleshed out, but the sponsor lists are already big enough that this shouldn't be an issue for the most part. Of course, as the canon continues to develop, more will be added over time to account for it
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

RonDenisDeletraz wrote:

I'm inclined to agree, since I don't really want to have to bring someone over from F1 just to keep my current sponsor. Maybe a small 25-50cr. bonus for fulfilling the driver obligation, but I want to have the choice to keep my sponsors and use any drivers I choose...

...just cause I was smart doesn't mean I have to be penalised! :P
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Ataxia wrote:
RonDenisDeletraz wrote:

I'm inclined to agree, since I don't really want to have to bring someone over from F1 just to keep my current sponsor. Maybe a small 25-50cr. bonus for fulfilling the driver obligation, but I want to have the choice to keep my sponsors and use any drivers I choose...

...just cause I was smart doesn't mean I have to be penalised! :P

The clauses are entirely optional to fulfill (except in the case of paydriver clauses and driver academies but that'll be explained once the list is complete). But yes, there will be bonuses to completing them
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Aerond wrote:All chassis have been generated now and are ready to check on Wiki:

http://formularejects.com/wiki/2015_Formula_1_Rejects_World_Race_Series_Chassis_and_Engine_List

Well, well, well. That didn't turn out too bad! :D

As an aside, I will be cancelling the private test for the Jones team at Silverstone on 3-4 February and running on just the two public tests. The line-ups for these two tests remain the same.

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

For me, I associate petroleum sponsors as the fuel supplier of the team. Which means: should petroleum sponsorship affect car BHP and reliability? :idea: :geek:
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Autosport wrote:Jones fires warning shot to rivals
Team boss tells Autosport that Jones will "go one better" in 2017

Sammy Jones has warned his team's 2017 F1RWRS rivals that this year will be "100% a Jones benefit". In an exclusive interview with Autosport, the British former-driver-turned-team-owner has said that there is no reason why Jones Racing cannot win every one of the sixteen races in 2017. With triple champion Mark Dagnall partnering hotshot rookie Diego Alvarez Torrente, Jones expects both to be quick from the start, and they make up a line-up that Jones describes as "the best that F1RWRS has ever seen". The blend of youth and experience, allied to what is expected to be a strongly competitive chassis, an upgraded Ford engine and Dunlop tyres will produce a combination that Jones believes will be "unstoppable".

Having missed out on sealing the constructors' title at the final race of 2016, Jones is expecting his team to go one better and clinch both championships, after Rhys Davies triumphed for the first time, both for himself and the Jones team, when he clinched the drivers' title last year. In Mark Dagnall, Jones says the Briton is the hands-down favourite for the title, and is so confident that he told Autosport that Dagnall's name "might as well be already on the trophy".

There is no doubting the confidence that Jones holds as he and his team goes into the 2017 F1RWRS season, all that remains is to see how the team stacks up against its rivals once pre-season testing gets underway.

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

SRMP wrote:NGPE's fortunes go south

Nurminen Grand Prix Engineering, the recently-founded F1RWRS arm of Finnish racing tem Nurminen Racing Engineering has announced that due to logistical reasons the team has founded a new base of operations in Germany. This was made possible after the German chemical company BASF injected a large amount of money into the team in exchange for title sponsor rights.

"Of course, having a base in Central Europe is a huge advantage as we're now logistically on the same line as most other teams", team owner Niko Nurminen said on the matter. "While we were, and still are, able to operate our junior formula teams from Finland, the increased need for professionalism and good testing opportunities F1RWRS requires means that it wouldn't have been a viable option to stay there."

When asked about the possible connection between BASF and the shady Swiss financial conglomerate FSK, Nurminen quickly excused himself, citing that he's busy working on the move to Germany.

tl;dr NGPE will add Germany as a second nationality and change their full name to BASF Nurminen Grand Prix. Both private pre-season tests will be moved to Hockenheim.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
RonDenisDeletraz

Would it be possible to have Autodynamics be returned to dual nationality, I never for a second intended for them to be solely Australian

AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Got round to viewing the sponsorship spreadsheet, thanks for the permission Wizzie.

First of all, a couple of inaccuracies:

- Castrol are owned by BP, which also owns National, so it would be logical in my view to consider those under a single entity, rather than have separate entries.
- Lemsip and Nurofen are both brand names of Reckitt Benckiser, or RB, so again you'd probably consider those under a single entity, in the same way McLaren had a deal with GSK which saw them have Lucozade and Maximuscle on their cars at different points in 2012? 2013?
- Danny van Rijkens is backed by a number of South African companies, but the major one is Sasol, not Tongaat Hulett.

Also, whilst I agree in principal with the idea of tiered sponsors paying out credits, I don't like the idea of the conditions tied to signing most of them. The pay-driver associated ones are fine, but the rest interfere too greatly in the running of a team. We should be free to decide who we want to drive and which sponsors we want.

Also, how would the signing of sponsors be determined? RNG? And if so, what would determine the odds? Quite a bit needs to be worked out before we can decide to go ahead with this, and I'd like to see some sort of discussion before decisions are made.

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

AndreaModa wrote:Got round to viewing the sponsorship spreadsheet, thanks for the permission Wizzie.

First of all, a couple of inaccuracies:

- Castrol are owned by BP, which also owns National, so it would be logical in my view to consider those under a single entity, rather than have separate entries.
- Lemsip and Nurofen are both brand names of Reckitt Benckiser, or RB, so again you'd probably consider those under a single entity, in the same way McLaren had a deal with GSK which saw them have Lucozade and Maximuscle on their cars at different points in 2012? 2013?
- Danny van Rijkens is backed by a number of South African companies, but the major one is Sasol, not Tongaat Hulett.

Also, whilst I agree in principal with the idea of tiered sponsors paying out credits, I don't like the idea of the conditions tied to signing most of them. The pay-driver associated ones are fine, but the rest interfere too greatly in the running of a team. We should be free to decide who we want to drive and which sponsors we want.

Also, how would the signing of sponsors be determined? RNG? And if so, what would determine the odds? Quite a bit needs to be worked out before we can decide to go ahead with this, and I'd like to see some sort of discussion before decisions are made.

Pretty much this.

At least in Alt F1, Klon differentiated between interfering and passive sponsors. It seems a bit ridiculous, for example, that to get the most money from my own team's sponsor, I have to hire and old fogey on purpose. What kind of sponsor would demand someone over 40 is driving? Usually that would hurt a team. Some of these clauses are too specific.

Performance clauses are sensible enough I feel, but the system needs a carefully thought out peer review before it's even considered for going ahead.

Image Image