F1RWRS 2017 - DE BOCK WDC JONES WCC -- Vote ROTY NOW!!!

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
Ataxia
Not Important

Re: F1RWRS 2017

Post by Ataxia »

Yeah, I'm still not too keen on the idea that I'd have to sign an F1 race winner. The criteria should be primarily performance based and in some cases, nationality based. I like my livery, and I'm not overly enthused about the idea that to get any meaningful income that I'd have to change just because I refuse to fulfil a far-too-specific criterion.

An idea I had was to add some competition between different sponsorship sectors. For example, if Total sponsor a team they pay extra if they beat, say, a team sponsored by Shell. Or DHL pays more for a team who beats another with UPS. I dunno, I'm just throwing ideas out there. I just think that would be more accessible and realistic than having to sign someone who's "done more than 15 F1RWRS races whilst wearing a green helmet" or something.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

AndreaModa wrote:First of all, a couple of inaccuracies:

- Castrol are owned by BP, which also owns National, so it would be logical in my view to consider those under a single entity, rather than have separate entries.
- Lemsip and Nurofen are both brand names of Reckitt Benckiser, or RB, so again you'd probably consider those under a single entity, in the same way McLaren had a deal with GSK which saw them have Lucozade and Maximuscle on their cars at different points in 2012? 2013?
- Danny van Rijkens is backed by a number of South African companies, but the major one is Sasol, not Tongaat Hulett.

Firstly, it'd be easier to leave Castrol and National separate, as merging the two becomes a canon issue later down the track since it's highly likely someone other than Jones will sign Castrol as a minor sponsor. Lemsip and Nurofen will be merged and replaced with RB though since there's no real reason to keep them separate. Also, I can't change Rijkens' sponsor until I found out exactly what the deal between Sasol and Gauthier is, and then I'll look at it accordingly. Finally, I'd prefer that stuff like that is noted down as comments in the spreadsheet, as I'll get automatic email notifications and it'll help me keep track of what changes need to be made.

AndreaModa wrote:Also, whilst I agree in principal with the idea of tiered sponsors paying out credits, I don't like the idea of the conditions tied to signing most of them. The pay-driver associated ones are fine, but the rest interfere too greatly in the running of a team. We should be free to decide who we want to drive and which sponsors we want.

Biscione wrote:At least in Alt F1, Klon differentiated between interfering and passive sponsors. It seems a bit ridiculous, for example, that to get the most money from my own team's sponsor, I have to hire and old fogey on purpose. What kind of sponsor would demand someone over 40 is driving? Usually that would hurt a team. Some of these clauses are too specific.

Ataxia wrote:Yeah, I'm still not too keen on the idea that I'd have to sign an F1 race winner. The criteria should be primarily performance based and in some cases, nationality based. I like my livery, and I'm not overly enthused about the idea that to get any meaningful income that I'd have to change just because I refuse to fulfil a far-too-specific criterion.

An idea I had was to add some competition between different sponsorship sectors. For example, if Total sponsor a team they pay extra if they beat, say, a team sponsored by Shell. Or DHL pays more for a team who beats another with UPS. I dunno, I'm just throwing ideas out there. I just think that would be more accessible and realistic than having to sign someone who's "done more than 15 F1RWRS races whilst wearing a green helmet" or something.

I understand the concern about the some of the clauses potentially being too difficult, but the principle of the clauses WILL remain in place. Having spent much of the last 6 months working for a racing team, I've had to deal with my fair share of sponsors, and some of the demands a few of them had are far, far more ridiculous than most of the stuff here, so many of them will remain in place, with some modification as required. That being said, I do like the competition between sponsors idea a lot, so I'll make a note to add a few of them in

The entire idea behind the clauses is a way for sponsorship payments to be balanced out between the top, midfield and lower teams by making them, especially the top teams, work for their money by balancing the ratio between the base payment all sponsors will give teams at the start of the year, and the bonuses they'll pay out for completing their clauses. Bear in mind, other than the driver clauses for paydrivers and driver academies, all the clauses are optional, so in essence, the sponsors will only be as complacent or interfering as you allow them to be under this system.

AndreaModa wrote:Also, how would the signing of sponsors be determined? RNG? And if so, what would determine the odds?

The theory is RNG will be used which is weighted by past success and even more by whether the sponsor already has existing relations with the team (in fact, many of the tier 1 and several of the tier 2 and 3 sponsors already have "will sign for team X only" clauses for canonical purposes), but really, the sheer number of sponsors there already on the lists should make it unnecessary most of the time unless there are two or more teams that really want the same sponsor
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

The deal between Sasol and Gauthier is that we needed a new title sponsor after Alstom left, and van Rijkens brought Sasol cash so that was that.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Wizzie wrote:
AndreaModa wrote:Also, whilst I agree in principal with the idea of tiered sponsors paying out credits, I don't like the idea of the conditions tied to signing most of them. The pay-driver associated ones are fine, but the rest interfere too greatly in the running of a team. We should be free to decide who we want to drive and which sponsors we want.

Biscione wrote:At least in Alt F1, Klon differentiated between interfering and passive sponsors. It seems a bit ridiculous, for example, that to get the most money from my own team's sponsor, I have to hire and old fogey on purpose. What kind of sponsor would demand someone over 40 is driving? Usually that would hurt a team. Some of these clauses are too specific.

Ataxia wrote:Yeah, I'm still not too keen on the idea that I'd have to sign an F1 race winner. The criteria should be primarily performance based and in some cases, nationality based. I like my livery, and I'm not overly enthused about the idea that to get any meaningful income that I'd have to change just because I refuse to fulfil a far-too-specific criterion.

I understand the concern about the some of the clauses potentially being too difficult, but the principle of the clauses WILL remain in place. Having spent much of the last 6 months working for a racing team, I've had to deal with my fair share of sponsors, and some of the demands a few of them had are far, far more ridiculous than most of the stuff here, so many of them will remain in place, with some modification as required. That being said, I do like the competition between sponsors idea a lot, so I'll make a note to add a few of them in

The entire idea behind the clauses is a way for sponsorship payments to be balanced out between the top, midfield and lower teams by making them, especially the top teams, work for their money by balancing the ratio between the base payment all sponsors will give teams at the start of the year, and the bonuses they'll pay out for completing their clauses. Bear in mind, other than the driver clauses for paydrivers and driver academies, all the clauses are optional, so in essence, the sponsors will only be as complacent or interfering as you allow them to be under this system.

And this is the problem I have with you running series Wizzie. You have made no attempt whatsoever to engage in any dialogue with any of the other team owners over this hugely significant issue that will influence the future running of every single team on the grid. This isn't stuff like tyre contracts, this is stipulating precisely how a team should be run, and I can guarantee that no-one wants to be told who they can and can't employ in their team. And what you have witnessed in real life is completely irrelevant. In no way does any of that justify why you can enforce this. It's absolutely ridiculous.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Why does everything have to be so complicated, trying to figure out how to be the best and find loopholes in new rules isn't any fun, its like sitting a maths test
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

The whole principle of this series is to be fun, first and foremost. Bringing in a sponsorship system CAN be fun, if the clauses are primarily performance related, because it might encourage team bosses to actually push a little harder to squeeze a little bit more money into their accounts.

Whether or not you've dealt with sponsors whose requirements are a little unorthodox, there's a difference; you're dealing with a real FSAE team, and we're dealing with a fictitious top line series. We don't NEED to have clauses where we have to suck the sponsors' dick in order to get some extra credits.

Although it's good to have variation in the teams adorning the top of the series, giving teams like Jones and Voeckler such restrictive clauses does ultimately penalise them for being at the top, and although you've indicated to the contrary it does completely remove their freedom in who they can pick. For example, the MRT PDVSA clause is that they sign a Venezuelan. Where on earth are you going to get a Venezuelan driver with enough experience for F1RWRS?! All the system will do in its current state is force the majority of teams to go for the path of least resistance; members will be piling up for sponsors like Monster where it's just a simple age restriction.

The primary clauses should be "finish in the top X in the championship" or "score X points", since in a championship format this is what the majority of the sponsors look for. In some cases, it can be done by nationality. The more restrictive clauses such as "hire an ex-Indycar driver" or "hire an ex-F1 winner" should, in my view, pay out a small amount. Too many of those clauses undermines the feeder network we already have, since it becomes more favourable to draft someone across from another top-level series and neglect series such as F2RWRS or AR3.5.

I completely appreciate the time and effort you've put in so far, Wizzie, but I must be honest; there's a lot to iron out so that the system adds an element of fun, not tedium.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

13th & 14th January Private Test Days

DONINGTON PARK

Weather: Dry

Qualifying Times

1.Kay Lon (Aeroracing) -- 1.12.207
2.Akira Yamamura (Aeroracing) -- 1.12.676
3.David Neuberg (Plus One) -- 1.13.271
4.Nathan McKane (Plus One) -- 1.13.304
5.Miko Fakkinen (Fusion) -- 1.13.898
6.Geoff Donnelly (Fusion) -- 1.14.869

Race Pace Times

1.Akira Yamamura (Aeroracing) -- 1.15.338
2.Kay Lon (Aeroracing) -- 1.15.621
3.David Neuberg (Plus One) -- 1.15.940
4.Nathan McKane (Plus One) -- 1.17.577
5.Miko Fakkinen (Fusion) -- 1.17.751
6.Geoff Donnelly (Fusion) -- No Time

TEST REPORT:
AERORACING: Kay Lon couldn't complete his race simulation because of an engine failure. Akira Yamamura suffered problems with his throttle. No meaningful data was extracted.

PLUS ONE: David Neuberg could complete without major problems his race simulation. Nathan McKane suffered suspension problems, which limited his running. No improvement was found.

FUSION: Geoff Donnelly crashed on the first lap of his race simulation. Miko Fakkinen suffered engine problems when trying to push the engine too hard. No improvement was found.

LE MANS

Qualifying Times

1.Ron Mignolet (Voeckler) -- 1.24.853
2.Rhys Davies (Voeckler) -- 1.25.186
3.Nathanael Spencer (Voeckler) -- 1.25.271
4.Jari Kekkonen (Voeckler) -- 1.25.361

Race Pace Times

1.Rhys Davies (Voeckler) -- 1.28.015
2.Ron Mignolet (Voeckler) -- 1.28.319
3.Nathanael Spencer (Voeckler) -- 1.28.793
4.Jari Kekkonen (Voeckler) -- 1.29.353

TEST REPORT: All drivers completed their race simulations without trouble. Team estimates 0.4 points of Downforce were found.

PAUL RICARD

Weather: Wet - 65%

Qualifying Times

1.Tomo Kazama (Gauthier) -- 1.15.877
2.Danny van Rijkens (Gauthier) -- 1.17.212

Race Pace Times

1.Tomo Kazama (Gauthier) -- 1.20.150
2.Danny van Rijkens (Gauthier) -- 1.22.948

TEST REPORT: Both drivers crashed during their race simulations. No improvement was found.

SEBRING

Qualifying Times

1.Adelaide Voeckler (Rob Lomas) -- 1.34.766
2.Phil McCraken (Rob Lomas) -- 1.37.132

Race Pace Times

1.Adelaide Voeckler (Rob Lomas) -- 1.41.717
2.Phil McCraken (Rob Lomas) -- 1.42.116

TEST REPORT: Phil McCraken completed successfully his race simulation. Adelaide Voeckler couldn't finish because of a puncture. The team couldn't gather enough meaningful data to make any progress in reliability.

SUZUKA

Qualifying Times

1.Hagane Shizuka (Kamaha) -- 1.40.031
2.Daniel Martins (Sunshine) -- 1.40.229
3.Barii Mori (Kamaha) -- 1.41.229
4.Johannes Rueckert (Sunshine) -- 1.41.281

Race Pace Times

1.Daniel Martins (Sunshine) -- 1.41.385
2.Hagane Shizuka (Kamaha) -- 1.41.688
3.Barii Mori (Kamaha) -- 1.43.586
4.Johannes Rueckert (Sunshine) -- 1.44.660

TEST REPORT:

KAMAHA: Hagane Shizuka finished his test with no major problems. Barii Mori suffered a minor Electrical Problem towards the end of his race simulation. No improvements were found.

SUNSHINE: Johannes Rueckert suffered a transmission problem early in his simulation. Daniel Martins crashed during his simulation. No improvements were found.

HOCKENHEIM

Qualifying Times:

1.Shinobu Katayama (Nurminen) -- 1.17.457
2.Gregor Pascal (Nurminen) -- 1.18.908

Race Pace Times:

1.Gregor Pascal (Nurminen) -- 1.21.377
2.Shinobu Katayama (Nurminen) -- No time

TEST REPORT: Gregor Pascal suffered an Electrical Problem, while Shinobu Katayama crashed on her first lap of the race simulation. No improvements were found.

ROCKINGHAM

Weather: WET - 30%

Qualifying Times

1.Pippa Mann (Foxdale) -- 1.14.937
2.Peter Port (Foxdale) -- 1.16.275

Race Pace Times

1.Peter Port (Foxdale) -- 1.18.838
2.Pippa Mann (Foxdale) -- 1.23.280

TEST REPORT: Peter Port completed his race simulation successfully, while Pippa Mann crashed early during her simulation. The team couldn't find any meaningful data towards reliability improvement.

SENTUL

Qualifying Times

1.Jesus Plaza (Mecha) -- 1.12.483
2.Hiroto Tojo (Mecha) -- 1.12.803

Race Pace Times

1.Jesus Plaza (Mecha) -- 1.16.033
2.Hiroto Tojo (Mecha) -- 1.17.011

TEST REPORT: Both drivers suffered Engine failures in the middle of their simulations. The team didn't gather enough data for downforce improvement.
Last edited by Aerond on 10 Aug 2014, 16:14, edited 7 times in total.
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Gauthier will change our testing lineup for the 20-21 January Magny-Cours test - James Davies will assume all testing responsibilities.
Everything's great.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Aerond wrote:TEST REPORT: All drivers completed their race simulations without trouble. Team estimates 0.4 points of Downforce were found.

So Voeckler got 60 credits worth of upgrades in one test, and every other team ended up with nothing?

Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: F1RWRS 2017 - 13-14 January Tests Results Up. P5

Post by Aerond »

20th and 21st January Pre-Season Tests

SILVERSTONE

Weather: Wet 55%

Qualifying Times

1.Akira Yamamura (Aeroracing) -- 1.33.701
2.Dean O'Lauchlan (Rob Lomas) -- 1.34.703
3.Alexey Buyvolov (Aeroracing) -- 1.35.239
4.Phil McCracken (Rob Lomas) -- 1.41.021

Race Pace Times

1.Akira Yamamura (Aeroracing) -- 1.35.490
2.Alexey Buyvolov (Aeroracing) -- 1.38.205
3.Dean O'Lauchlan (Rob Lomas) -- 1.38.495
4.Phil McCracken (Rob Lomas) -- 1.44.070

TEST REPORT:

AERORACING: Akira Yamamura completed without problems his race simulation. Alexey Buyvolov suffered a Suspension problem shortly before covering 300 kms. The persistent rain didn't allow the team to properly test the new aero parts.

ROB LOMAS: Both drivers suffered mechanical issues very early into their simulations. Dean O'Lauchlan suffered an engine failure while Phil McCracken broke his suspension after an off-track trip. The very limited running in race conditions meant no improvements were found.

MOTEGI

Weather: WET 35%

Qualifying Times

1.Johannes Rueckert (Sunshine) -- 1.41.442
2.Bastian van Nieuwenhuijzen (Kamaha) -- 1.43.259
3.Hagane Shizuka (Kamaha) -- 1.43.261
4.Barii Mori (Sunshine) -- 1.43.483
5.Daniel Melville (Kamaha) -- 1.43.651

Race Pace Times

1.Johannes Rueckert (Sunshine) -- 1.44.067
2.Barii Mori (Sunshine) -- 1.44.904
3.Hagane Shizuka (Kamaha) -- 1.45.503
4.Bastian van Nieuwenhuijzen (Kamaha) -- 1.45.825
5.Daniel Melville (Kamaha) -- 1.46.469

TEST REPORT:

KAMAHA: The poor grip of the Michelin wet tyres meant the whole test was a disaster for the team. Hagane Shizuka suffered a late puncture into his simulation, while van Nieuwenhuijzen, who was fortunate enough to do two, found transmission problems in his two simulations. Daniel Melville completed his simulation, but the rain didn't let the team make any progress in the downforce department.

SUNSHINE: Barii Mori completed without any major trouble his simulation, while Rueckert suffered a Water Leak. The team, after having revised the system, found 135 reliability points.

MAGNY COURSE

Weather: Wet 5%

Qualifying Times

1.James Davies (Gauthier) -- 1.21.923

Race Pace Times

1.James Davies (Gauthier) -- 1.28.093

TEST REPORT: James Davies did two race simulations. In both his engine blown, not allowing the team to gain any understanding on the reliability of their own systems.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: F1RWRS 2017 - 20-21 January Tests Results Up. P5

Post by Aerond »

OFFICIAL PRE-SEASON TEST #1
Jerez, Spain
27th, 28th January

Qualifying Simulations

1.Alexey Buyvolov (Aeroracing) -- 1.24.837
2.Danny van Rijkens (Gauthier) -- 1.24.998
3.Akira Yamamura (Aeroracing) -- 1.25.234
4.Mark Dagnall (Jones) -- 1.25.381
5.Martin McFry (Nurminen) -- 1.25.534
6.Nathanael Spencer (Voeckler) -- 1.26.073
7.Diego Alvarez Torrente (Jones) -- 1.26.152
8.Alberto Cara (HRT) -- 1.26.313
9.Daniel Melville (Kamaha) -- 1.26.430
10.Tomo Kazama (Gauthier) -- 1.26.578
11.Fredo Mestolio (MRT) -- 1.26.613
12.Jari Kekkonen (Voeckler) -- 1.26.655
13.Nicolas Steele (Autodynamics) -- 1.26.692
14.Jean-Vincent Albertini (Autodynamics) -- 1.26.772
15.Dave Simpson (Simpson) -- 1.26.799
16.Pippa Mann (Foxdale) -- 1.26.858
17.Douglas Mann (HRT) -- 1.26.886
18.Philippe Nicolas (Arrowtech) -- 1.26.958
19.Jean-Luc Schiller (MRT) -- 1.26.965
20.Miko Fakkinen (Fusion) -- 1.27.202
21.Jesus Plaza (Mecha) -- 1.27.237
22.Michael Robertson (Simpson) -- 1.27.389
23.Aurelien Moll (Gillet) -- 1.27.429
24.Nathan McKane (Plus One) -- 1.27.465
25.Martyn Rietacher (Plus One) -- 1.27.509
26.Adelaide Voeckler (Rob Lomas) -- 1.27.619
27.Andrej Kremnicky (Revolution) -- 1.27.656
28.Marco Bizzarri (Revolution) -- 1.27.696
29.Gregor Pascal (Nurminen) -- 1.27.773
30.Hansuke Shioya (Arrowtech) -- 1.27.810
31.Thomas de Bock (Gillet) -- 1.27.895
32.Yuka Katayama (Sunshine) -- 1.27.895
33.Bastian van Nieuwenhuijzen (Kamaha) -- 1.27.898
34.Hiroto Tojo (Mecha) -- 1.27.938
35.Connor O Heagan (Boxtel) -- 1.27.967
36.Johannes Rueckert (Sunshine) -- 1.28.081
37.Peter Port (Foxdale) -- 1.28.584
38.Dean O'Lauchlan (Rob Lomas) -- 1.28.704
39.Geoff Donnelly (Fusion) -- 1.29.095
40.Benoit Voeckler (Boxtel) -- 1.29.556

107% Time: 1.30.775

Race Simulations

1.Mark Dagnall (Jones) -- 1.26.509
2.Akira Yamamura (Aeroracing) -- 1.27.885
3.Nathanael Spencer (Voeckler) -- 1.28.183
4.Fredo Mestolio (MRT) -- 1.28.268
5.Alexey Buyvolov (Aeroracing) -- 1.28.574
6.Jean-Luc Schiller (MRT) -- 1.28.654
7.Diego Alvarez Torrente (Jones) -- 1.28.815
8.Thomas de Bock (Gillet) -- 1.28.853
9.Daniel Melville (Kamaha) -- 1.29.015
10.Nicolas Steele (Autodynamics) -- 1.29.120
11.Alberto Cara (HRT) -- 1.29.409
12.Tomo Kazama (Gauthier) -- 1.29.671
13.Dave Simpson (Simpson) -- 1.29.671
14.Bastian van Nieuwenhuijzen (Kamaha) -- 1.29.717
15.Pippa Mann (Foxdale) -- 1.29.868
16.Adelaide Voeckler (Rob Lomas) -- 1.29.984
17.Martin McFry (Nurminen) -- 1.30.149
18.Danny van Rijkens (Gauthier) -- 1.30.225
19.Johannes Rueckert (Sunshine) -- 1.30.304
20.Gregor Pascal (Nurminen) -- 1.30.378
21.Yuka Katayama (Sunshine) -- 1.30.463
22.Hansuke Shioya (Arrowtech) -- 1.30.497
23.Andrej Kremnicky (Revolution) -- 1.30.610
24.Connor O Heagan (Boxtel) -- 1.30.689
25.Michael Robertson (Simpson) -- 1.30.728
26.Martyn Rietacher (Kingfisher) -- 1.30.805
27.Jesus Plaza (Mecha) -- 1.30.855
28.Marco Bizzarri (Revolution) -- 1.30.884
29.Nathan McKane (Kingfisher) -- 1.31.246
30.Peter Port (Foxdale) -- 1.32.176
31.Dean O'Lauchlan (Rob Lomas) -- 1.32.459
32.Benoit Voeckler (Boxtel) -- 1.32.531
33.Hiroto Tojo (Mecha) -- 1.32.564

107% Time: 1.32.564

34.Miko Fakkinen (Fusion) -- 1.32.639
35.Geoff Donnelly (Fusion) -- No time
36.Jari Kekkonen (Voeckler) -- No time
37.Jean-Vincent Albertini (Autodynamics) -- No time
38.Douglas Mann (HRT) -- No time
39.Philippe Nicolas (Arrowtech) -- No time
40.Aurelien Moll (Gillet) -- No time
dr-baker

Re: F1RWRS 2017 - Official Pre-Season Test 1 Up. P5

Post by dr-baker »

Oh dear... Foxdale may have a difficult season?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

That's brilliant - all those pre-season tests proving utterly useless! :lol:

Interesting situation in the main test, nice to know the car has some decent pace without the engine upgrade.

Aerond - if it's confirmed that I have the F2RWRS 200cr from Torrente, I'd like to purchase the second Ford engine upgrade for 220cr, leaving me with 5 left over after I had 25cr remaining once I bought the chassis. Ta!

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Donnelly looks like he's going to be anchoring us in pre-qualifying...which is good, because that's EXACTLY what I'm after.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

5.Martin McFry (Nurminen) -- 1.25.534

Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Ooo err, the car doesn't look so rapid in qualifying trim, pretty much exactly as I'd feared. Might be stuck in a dogfight for the Top 4 with that kind of pace...

Image Image
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

AndreaModa wrote:That's brilliant - all those pre-season tests proving utterly useless! :lol:

Sure.... until van Rijkens retires from like 10 races or something because based GP2 says no rel for Gauthier. :P
Everything's great.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Salamander wrote:
AndreaModa wrote:That's brilliant - all those pre-season tests proving utterly useless! :lol:

Sure.... until van Rijkens retires from like 10 races or something because based GP2 says no rel for Gauthier. :P

Ah well as long as he keeps stumping up the cash! ;)

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
RonDenisDeletraz

That was pretty reasonable, will look into upgrates when I get home though
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Gillet slow over a single lap. In other news, water is wet, and it appears that trees are made of wood!
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Current budgets updated in the first post
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

3rd - 4th February Private Tests

SILVERSTONE

Best Qualifying times

1.Terry Hawkin (Jones) -- 1.27.081
2.Diego Alvarez Torrente (Jones) -- 1.27.105

Best Race pace times

1.Terry Hawkin (Jones) -- 1.29.103
2.Diego Alvarez Torrente (Jones) -- 1.30.120

TEST REPORT: Both drivers completed successfully their respective programs. The team found an improvement of 0.2 points in handling.

SUZUKA

Best Qualifying times

1.Bastian van Nieuwenhuijzen (Kamaha) -- 1.40.189
2.Hagane Shizuka (Kamaha) -- 1.40.750
3.Daniel Melville (Kamaha) -- 1.41.510

Best Race pace times

1.Bastian van Nieuwenhuijzen (Kamaha) -- 1.41.666
2.Hagane Shizuka (Kamaha) -- 1.42.980
3.Daniel Melville (Kamaha) -- 1.43.748

TEST REPORT: Only Daniel Melville was able to complete a simulation without major concerns. Bastian van Nieuwenhuijzen suffered an engine problem towards the end of his simulation, but proved very fast throughout. Hagane Shizuka had his engine blown early during his simulation. The team found some improvement, estimate 0.2 Downforce.

PAUL RICARD

Best Qualifying times

1.Nathanael Spencer (Voeckler) -- 1.09.468
2.Ron Mignolet (Voeckler) -- 1.09.627
3.Rhys Davies (Voeckler) -- 1.09.631
4.Jari Kekkonen (Voeckler) -- 1.09.880

Best Race pace times

1.Rhys Davies (Voeckler) -- 1.13.376
2.Nathanael Spencer (Voeckler) -- 1.13.410
3.Ron Mignolet (Voeckler) -- 1.13.718
4.Jari Kekkonen (Voeckler) -- 1.14.452

TEST REPORT: The team didn't find any faults during Rhys Davies and Ron Mignolet tests. However, Jari Kekkonen suffered a Water Leak and Spencer had transmission problems. The team improved their reliability by 435

HOCKENHEIM

Best Qualifying Times

1.Martin McFry (Nurminen) -- 1.17.493
2.Thomas Yorke (Nurminen) -- 1.18.180

Best Race Pace Times

1.Thomas Yorke (Nurminen) -- 1.20.528
2.Martin McFry (Nurminen) -- 1.27.323

TEST REPORT: Martin McFry suffered an electrical problem in his 2nd lap. Thomas Yorke suffered transmission problems very early in his simulation. The limited running meant no improvement was found.
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

Aerond wrote:Current budgets updated in the first post

I'll think you'll find that Wizzie is suffering from fat fingers :P
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

SuperAguri wrote:

Yeah...I should have 15cr, no?

Chassis was 900cr, Tyres were 75cr, and the test at Donington was another 10...am I forgetting anything?
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Ataxia wrote:
SuperAguri wrote:

Yeah...I should have 15cr, no?

Chassis was 900cr, Tyres were 75cr, and the test at Donington was another 10...am I forgetting anything?

Nope, testing is 10 credits per test day as it has been for the last few seasons, not 10 credits per test. Since the Donington test was over two days, it'd cost 20 credits, not 10.

SuperAguri wrote:

Nah, you're just suffering from more Kamahahahahahahahaha syndrome :P
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
AndreaModa

Re: F1RWRS 2017 - 3rd 4th January Tests Up. P5

Post by AndreaModa »

Whilst I'd be very grateful for the 0.2 pts of handling from that test, you'll notice from this post on the 3rd August and the fact I deleted the test entry on the wiki on the same day that I'd actually requested to cancel it.

I notice from the budgets on page 1 that I still have 25cr - first of all that budget should read 225cr in line with Torrente's payment, and if this test has cost me 20cr then my budget should in fact read 205cr.

So if possible I'd like the handling points removed and the 20cr (I think?) reimbursed please! With the 225cr I'd like to purchase the second Ford engine upgrade, as mentioned upthread. Aerond, I'll send you an email.

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

AndreaModa wrote:Whilst I'd be very grateful for the 0.2 pts of handling from that test, you'll notice from this post on the 3rd August and the fact I deleted the test entry on the wiki on the same day that I'd actually requested to cancel it.

I notice from the budgets on page 1 that I still have 25cr - first of all that budget should read 225cr in line with Torrente's payment, and if this test has cost me 20cr then my budget should in fact read 205cr.

So if possible I'd like the handling points removed and the 20cr (I think?) reimbursed please! With the 225cr I'd like to purchase the second Ford engine upgrade, as mentioned upthread. Aerond, I'll send you an email.

As was mentioned earlier in the thread, those 200 credits aren't in your account yet because F2RWRS bonus payments haven't been handed out yet. They'll be available to spend after Race 1, not before.

Image Image
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Biscione wrote:
AndreaModa wrote:Whilst I'd be very grateful for the 0.2 pts of handling from that test, you'll notice from this post on the 3rd August and the fact I deleted the test entry on the wiki on the same day that I'd actually requested to cancel it.

As was mentioned earlier in the thread, those 200 credits aren't in your account yet because F2RWRS bonus payments haven't been handed out yet. They'll be available to spend after Race 1, not before.

Ah I see, so the point being they are paid before PreQ of Race 1, but you can't spend them till afterwards. I see what Aerond meant in that reply to me on page 2 now. Righto, well the engine upgrade can wait until then I guess!

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

AndreaModa wrote:
Ah I see, so the point being they are paid before PreQ of Race 1, but you can't spend them till afterwards. I see what Aerond meant in that reply to me on page 2 now. Righto, well the engine upgrade can wait until then I guess!

Actually, checking the rulebook it says the credits are available before race one, so they will be added after the second pre-season test.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

AndreaModa, buddy, I wish all people were like you, why would we want a heaven if the world was filled with people bearing such honesty? :lol:
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Phoenix wrote:AndreaModa, buddy, I wish all people were like you, why would we want a heaven if the world was filled with people bearing such honesty? :lol:

Honesty is easy if you have nothing to lose because of it. Which happens to be the case.
The Lukas

Post by The Lukas »

Alexey Buyvolov wrote:It is extremely satisfied with the test, the car looks great, I hope that this season will show everyone that we are best prepared for the season of all.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

PRE-SEASON TEST #2 - 10th & 11th February - Estoril

WEATHER: WET - 70%

Qualifying Simulations

1.Rhys Davies (Voeckler) -- 1.29.368
2.Martin McFry (Nurminen) -- 1.29.514
3.Akira Yamamura (Aeroracing) -- 1.29.785
4.Mark Dagnall (Jones) -- 1.29.834
5.Kay Lon (Aeroracing) -- 1.29.901
6.Nicolas Steele (Autodynamics) -- 1.30.089
7.Ron Mignolet (Voeckler) -- 1.30.091
8.Marco Bizzarri (Revolution) -- 1.30.411
9.Jordan Davies (Gauthier) -- 1.30.438
10.Diego Alvarez Torrente (Jones) -- 1.30.439
11.Daniel Melrose (Autodynamics) -- 1.30.605
12.Daniel Martins (Sunshine) -- 1.30.749
13.Steven Mackintosh (Revolution) -- 1.30.829
14.Aimee Gauthier (Gauthier) -- 1.30.952
15.Takuma Taki (MRT) -- 1.31.170
16.Barii Mori (Sunshine) -- 1.31.181
17.Daniel Melville (Kamaha) -- 1.31.291
18.Alberto Cara (HRT) -- 1.31.411
19.Martin van der Maeyede (Kingfisher) -- 1.31.444
20.Franc Piscine (Fusion) -- 1.31.688
21.Hiroto Tojo (Mecha) -- 1.31.793
22.Marie Simon (Arrowtech) -- 1.31.951
23.Adelaide Voeckler (Rob Lomas) -- 1.32.257
24.Ben Fleet (Foxdale) -- 1.32.416
25.Gianluigi Pazzini (MRT) -- 1.32.531
26.Douglas Mann (HRT) -- 1.32.648
27.Phil McCracken (Nurminen) -- 1.32.718
28.Wouter Lamberigts (Simpson) -- 1.32.798
29.Peter Port (Foxdale) -- 1.32.992
30.Geoff Donnelly (Fusion) -- 1.33.415
31.David Neuberg (Kingfisher) -- 1.33.427
32.Dave Simpson (Simpson) -- 1.33.614
33.Hansuke Shioya (Arrowtech) -- 1.33.766
34.Benoit Voeckler (Boxtel) -- 1.34.239
35.Dave Anderson (Mecha) -- 1.34.347
36.Bastian van Nieuwenhuijzen (Kamaha) -- 1.34.388
37.Connor O Heagan (Boxtel) -- 1.34.738
38.Aurelien Moll (Gillet) -- 1.35.044
107% Time: -- 1.35.623
39.Dean O'Lauchlan (Rob Lomas) -- 1.36.512
40.Alexandre Dorval (Gillet) -- 1.36.550

Race Simulations

1.Rhys Davies (Voeckler) -- 1.32.103
2.Diego Alvarez Torrente (Jones) -- 1.32.957
3.Marco Bizzarri (Revolution) -- 1.33.424
4.Daniel Melville (Kamaha) -- 1.33.582
5.Kay Lon (Aeroracing) -- 1.33.664
6.Martin McFry (Nurminen) -- 1.33.707
7.Daniel Melrose (Autodynamics) -- 1.34.251
8.Nicolas Steele (Autodynamics) -- 1.34.251
9.Adelaide Voeckler (Rob Lomas) -- 1.34.294
10.Steven Mackintosh (Revolution) -- 1.34.840
11.Jordan Davies (Gauthier) -- 1.34.955
12.Daniel Martins (Sunshine) -- 1.35.229
13.Akira Yamamura (Aeroracing) -- 1.35.307
14.Ron Mignolet (Voeckler) -- 1.35.623
15.Hiroto Tojo (Mecha) -- 1.35.767
16.Aurelien Moll (Gillet) -- 1.35.890
17.Franc Piscine (Fusion) -- 1.35.897
18.Phil McCracken (Nurminen) -- 1.36.009
19.Barii Mori (Sunshine) -- 1.36.048
20.Takuma Taki (MRT) -- 1.36.133
21.David Neuberg (Kingfisher) -- 1.36.163
22.Douglas Mann (HRT) -- 1.36.327
23.Geoff Donnelly (Fusion) -- 1.36.595
24.Dave Simpson (Simpson) -- 1.36.714
25.Marie Simon (Arrowtech) -- 1.36.718
26.Bastian van Nieuwenhuijzen (Kamaha) -- 1.36.830
27.Aimee Gauthier (Gauthier) -- 1.36.987
28.Benoit Voeckler (Boxtel) -- 1.37.024
29.Hansuke Shioya (Arrowtech) -- 1.37.225
30.Ben Fleet (Foxdale) -- 1.37.426
31.Martin van der Maeyede (Kingfisher) -- 1.37.452
32.Dave Anderson (Mecha) -- 1.37.654
33.Alexandre Dorval (Gillet) -- 1.37.803
34.Wouter Lamberigts (Simpson) -- 1.37.816
35.Connor O Heagan (Boxtel) -- 1.37.968
107% Time: -- 1.38.550
36.Dean O Lauchlan (Rob Lomas) -- 1.38.706
37.Peter Port (Foxdale) -- 1.38.869
38.Mark Dagnall (Jones) -- No time
39.Alberto Cara (HRT) -- No time
40.Gianluigi Pazzini (MRT) -- No time
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

PRE-QUALIFYING AND QUALIFYING FOR AUSTRALIAN GP TOMORROW FRIDAY 22nd AUGUST. RACE ON SUNDAY 24th, TIME TO BE ANNOUNCED
dr-baker

Re: F1RWRS 2017 - Pre-Season #2 Up. P5

Post by dr-baker »

Crap. Not currently looking forward to this season. Just gotta hope for good reliability while others detonate. :lol: At least Douglas Mann is in at another team. ;)
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Auto Hebdo (translated from French) wrote:Hell freezes over! This is not a test!
In a shocking turn of events, Gillet Ecurie Nationale Belge have announced that perennial driver Aurelien Moll has left the team. We're running to the bunker as we write this.

Following two seasons of underwhelming performances, sometimes capped with clumsy mistakes, many pundits and fans were calling for the sacking of Gillet driver Aurelien Moll. Despite this, though, these same pundits and fans didn't actually expect their calls to be heard. Gillet have kept the same driver line-up since the start of the 2012 season, and De Bock and Moll seemed to be getting along extremely well with themselves and the team. It had become a regular joke around the paddock that Gillet, De Bock and Moll could not be separated by any natural or man-made catastrophe.

And yet, on this day, February 20th 2017, the unthinkable has happened. In a press conference, Moll announced his departure from Gillet, citing a deteriorating relationship with most of the team's staff and a desire to try something new. Tony Gillet made it clear that his relationship with Moll was not a problem, but that facing a decision between firing Moll or half of his staff or suffer another season of mediocre results, his only option was to negociate an amiable parting with Aurelien, who scored the team's first victories and their best championship positions.

The 28-year-old announced his desire to stay in motorsport, preferrably in F1RWRS, while Tony Gillet simultaneously announced that Moll would be replaced by Eric Swerts, a driver personally approved by Moll himself. Swerts brings with him personal sponsorship from Jouets Broze and had previously competed for the team in F2RWRS in 2015 as well as a couple of non-championship F1RWRS races.

In short:
OUT: Aurelien Moll
IN: Eric Swerts (pay-driver)
PIGS: Flying
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
RonDenisDeletraz

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

CHRIS DAGNALL WORRIED ABOUT TALENT SQUEEZING OUT OF F1RWRS

Former Driver and Team Owner Chris Dagnall has expressed his concern about some team line ups in F1RWRS for the inminent season start. The star, who's in Australia to witness the beggining of the 2017 season, doesn't seem very happy with some recent driver changing events; "Sure there's very capable new drivers out there like Cara or Torrente among others, but to see people like Moll or Shinobu Katayama replaced by the likes of Voeckler or Swerts doesn´t do any good for the sport. It's a shame talentless drivers are getting so many seats, but fortunately many of them will get stuck in Pre-Qualifying."
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

CHRIS DAGNALL WORRIED ABOUT TALENT SQUEEZING OUT OF F1RWRS

Former Driver and Team Owner Chris Dagnall has expressed his concern about some team line ups in F1RWRS for the inminent season start. The star, who's in Australia to witness the beggining of the 2017 season, doesn't seem very happy with some recent driver changing events; "Sure there's very capable new drivers out there like Cara or Torrente among others, but to see people like Moll or Shinobu Katayama replaced by the likes of Voeckler or Swerts doesn´t do any good for the sport. It's a shame talentless drivers are getting so many seats, but fortunately many of them will get stuck in Pre-Qualifying."

www.sportschau.de wrote:Christian Horner "not surprised" by F1RWRS Talent Drought

After a news article quoting Chris Dagnall on his worry about the quality of F1RWRS drivers, Christian Horner, man in charge at the Formula One Group, stated that he is not surprised that F1RWRS is losing quality drivers.

"It is fairly simple," he stated in an press conference, "you cannot expect a bush league to have top-class drivers. I mean, sure, a lot of big names came in at first because a series rebelling against the "evil F1 empire" is always a fancy thing - although if we think about Daniel Melrose, it is fairly obvious that he and perhaps other drivers were forced to join [F1RWRS1] with less than legal methods, as his inability to say no to F1 replacement gigs demonstrates clearly. Now that the newness has worn off, the lack of quality in the series becomes obvious and star drivers go back to star series. Drivers want to be in the top series, where they actually have a shot at the world championship. Both is really not the case with [F1RWRS] anymore, so you can add one and one."

In the same press conference, he was also asked about the latest chapter in the legal battle with F1RWRS over the use of the term "F1" and "Formula One", with the Formula One Group launching another appeal which is likely to extend the seven-year legal conflict at least until the end of 2017, however, he refused to comment, citing "advice of his lawyers" as reason.

We shootin' now, brother!
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Any last minute upgrades before Adelaide do it now!