F1RWRS 2017 - DE BOCK WDC JONES WCC -- Vote ROTY NOW!!!

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

F1RWRS 2017 - DE BOCK WDC JONES WCC -- Vote ROTY NOW!!!

Post by Aerond »

Welcome to the 2017 F1RWRS Season. Following from the big changes introduced at the beggining of the 2016 season, this season there won't be as many changes. As usual, I recommend all users checking the rulebook and, if something isn't clear or needs clarification, come to me. This season however, there'll be a few changes in the operational side of things and a few changes to the series which I will detail below.
I would also like to welcome Wizzie to the organization of the series. Wizzie will carry on with the accounting from now on. I will obviously keep track of it but, if your credits are not right, blame him :) Also would like to thank all the other users who help me with the running of the series in one way or another throughout the season. Thanks guys ;)

SEASON OVERVIEW: http://formularejects.com/wiki/2017_For ... ies_season

RULES: http://formularejects.com/wiki/Formula_ ... ries_Rules

2017 MAJOR RULE CHANGES:

- There will be just three types of tyres: Dry Qualifying, Dry Race and Wet. There will be no distinction between Wet Q and Wet R tyres.

- Changes in the weather model: From now on, if a session is not dry, instead of having three types of wet conditions (Light Rain, Rain and Monsoon), we'll have a percentage of how wet the track is. The bigger the percentage, the lower the grid and higher the Random Grip Range for a session. If Wet Percentage is 5% or 10%, the session will be run on DRY TYRES.

- Tyre manufacturers will be able to set their own Multi Year deal prices from now on. Remaining contracts will be kept on as they are.

- All teams must provide one driver as a reserve ready to race to avoid cases like Dofasco and Prospec last season.

- Mechanical approach: Team owners will be able to decide how much to extract from their car (only one change per weekend, changes allowed up to Pre-Q start). There are 5 levels; Being Level 4 "100%" and the one set by default. Decreasing the level will mean a loss of power and more reliability, while increasing the level will mean more power but a decrease in reliability. To keep equality, how much power/reliability change per level will be kept secret.

- Driver form: -WILL NOT BE INTRODUCED FOR NOW, BUT THERE'S A CHANCE IT WILL BE INTRODUCED MID SEASON-

- New Testing Model: Max. two drivers per team per day of testing (i.e. one car); each driver will automatically earn 10 grip points both race and quali trim by attending any non-official test. Team owners can choose one area of the chassis of focus; depending on how race simulations went and drivers experience, the car will improve or not.

- Car Upgrade and Chassis stats: Downforce and Handling will now be accounted by 0.1 instead of full points. Upgrade price to be reduced to 15 credits per 0.1 downforce and 5 credits per 0.1 Handling.

- For every class of In-House Chassis Building except Class 9 (the highest grade) you can spend a additional 50 Credits to bump up the RNG range of one of the four Chassis Attributes (Reliability, Downforce, Handling and Max Power) from the Class you are paying for to the one above it. (Say you make a class 6 chassis and spend the additional 50 credits to improve Max Power, the Max Power range will be rolled using the Class 7 Ranges)

- The costs of Engine Contracts are decreased by 30% as per F1RTA vote (New prices yet to be included in the Wiki)

- Drive Of The Race will award 10 credits to the team the winning driver works for.

- Pay Driver money will be available after each race, instead every four races.

2017 SEASON BUDGETS

You can check the budgets in real time here:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1T2MedcHeRpDVeXXE2Jf0RuP5mTVClfAC9ramHH_bWPc/edit?usp=sharing

WAITING LIST -as of 25th March 2015-

1. Takagi_for_the_win
2. HawkAussie
3. Captain Getz
4. Seedstriker
5. Kevinbotz
6. go_Rubens
7. v8fan12
8. Normal32
9. Miguel98
10. mrfakeboullier
11. simkek
12. peteroli34
Last edited by Aerond on 03 Apr 2015, 20:54, edited 82 times in total.
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
DemocalypseNow

Re: F1RWRS 2017

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Voeckler GPE will sign either Steven Mackintosh or Alexey Pchelintsev to our secondary test/reserve position, depending on how the TRRS draft pans out.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

ArrowTech's reserve drivers are Marie Simon and Rosco Vantini per the wiki.
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Gauthier's second reserve driver will be James Davies.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

With Laurent Seron moving to ACO full-time, the reserve drivers will be the usual Eric Swerts alongside new signing Alexandre Dorval.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Fusion would like to install Hiroto Tojo as their second reserve alongside Franc Piscine. Failing that, anyone who has money will be welcomed. Talent is not required.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Ataxia wrote:Fusion would like to install Hiroto Tojo as their second reserve alongside Franc Piscine. Failing that, anyone who has money will be welcomed. Talent is not required.

After a minor mix-up involving an incompetent translator, Franc Piscine is indeed cleared to take up the position for Fusion.

Plus One Kingfisher Racing's first reserve slot will be taken by Martyn Rietacher, second driver is currently greyed out in the character selection screen.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Ataxia wrote:Fusion would like to install Hiroto Tojo as their second reserve alongside Franc Piscine. Failing that, anyone who has money will be welcomed. Talent is not required.

Approved.

Meanwhile, Dave Anderson will be Team Mecha's reserve driver. Now I need one more reserve driver. Also Aerond, I'll take Nathan Scott's service again this season, and I am also looking for a decent pay-driver. ;)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Aeroracing Engineering will designate Akira Yamamura as their 3rd driver for 2017.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

FMecha wrote:I am also looking for a decent pay-driver. ;)

You missed the boat there by about 5 months, buddy.
Everything's great.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Salamander wrote:

Half-decent will do :P
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

FMecha wrote:
Salamander wrote:

I think those are all gone too. Boxtel's had to resort to signing Benoit Voeckler for his pay-driver monies.
Everything's great.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Salamander wrote:
FMecha wrote:
Salamander wrote:

I think those are all gone too. Boxtel's had to resort to signing Benoit Voeckler for his pay-driver monies.[/quote]

Quarter-decent, then :P
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

FMecha wrote:Quarter-decent, then :P

Why don't you search for yourself?
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

FMecha wrote:
Salamander wrote:I think those are all gone too. Boxtel's had to resort to signing Benoit Voeckler for his pay-driver monies.

Quarter-decent, then :P

I'm sorry, are you not familiar with Benoit Voeckler?
Everything's great.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Salamander wrote:I'm sorry, are you not familiar with Benoit Voeckler?

Oi! I'll have you know Benoit scored a pole position!

In a stock car race.

In an alternate universe to RWRS.

So, yeah, when Benoit is able to buy a seat, there is truly a shortage of pay drivers. I nearly got my arm bitten off when people found out Alessandro Lucarelli is a pay driver. And no, you can't hire him!

Image Image
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Two reserve drivers? Crikey, are there enough spare drivers with necessary qualifications to go round at this stage? Do either Jordan Davies or Peter Port (or both) qualify for this position at Foxdale? And would JD accept?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Biscione wrote:So, yeah, when Benoit is able to buy a seat, there is truly a shortage of pay drivers.

This is why I made Torrente a pay-driver on the sly...it also helps me out somewhat in the future.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

dr-baker wrote:Two reserve drivers? Crikey, are there enough spare drivers with necessary qualifications to go round at this stage? Do either Jordan Davies or Peter Port (or both) qualify for this position at Foxdale? And would JD accept?

To clarify: These drivers don't need to have a license as of the beggining of the season, they don't have to be exclusively F1RWRS drivers and they can even be shared by more than one team.
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Thomas Yorke will be NRE's designated #1 reserve driver. As for the second one, I need to give it some thought.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Gianluigi Pazzini will be designated #1 test driver for MRT with Takuma Taki #2 test driver
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

Carter Simpson will be the HRT 1st reserve and Renato Bulku will be second.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Aerond wrote:
dr-baker wrote:Two reserve drivers? Crikey, are there enough spare drivers with necessary qualifications to go round at this stage? Do either Jordan Davies or Peter Port (or both) qualify for this position at Foxdale? And would JD accept?

To clarify: These drivers don't need to have a license as of the begining of the season, they don't have to be exclusively F1RWRS drivers and they can even be shared by more than one team.

In which case, I'll certainly have Peter Port as one of Foxdale's two reserve drivers, and seek permission to have Jordan Davies as the other.

Aerond, can you clarify what you mean by, "These drivers don't need to have a license as of the begining of the season"? Does this mean that if they don't, then they need to be aiming to qualify for one by the end of the season?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

dr-baker wrote:In which case, I'll certainly have Peter Port as one of Foxdale's two reserve drivers, and seek permission to have Jordan Davies as the other.

Aerond, can you clarify what you mean by, "These drivers don't need to have a license as of the begining of the season"? Does this mean that if they don't, then they need to be aiming to qualify for one by the end of the season?

They need to have one to race, of course, so if Port's going to come in for either of your drivers if they get suspended or injured he'll need to be tooled up with the right qualifications. To save the ire of Salamander, Jordan Davies is with the Gauthier reserve squad. You might want to hang around for the Toyota Reject Racing Series to take place, since there's probably a few reject-licensed drivers around in there.

Shizuka, just a wee word: you wanted a pink livery for Revolution. Although I admire the colour choice, it's one that doesn't work so well on GP2. If you're alright with that though, I'll go ahead and make it. I'm sorry to bang on about liveries again, but here's the situation:

GP2 Liveries and spotters' guide images I have:
Aeroracing
Autodynamics
Foxdale
Fusion
Gauthier
Gillet
MRT
+1 Kingfisher

Spotters' guide images only:
Holden
Jones

Livery plans:
Revolution

None submitted:
ArrowTech
Boxtel
Kamaha
Mecha
Nurminen
Prospec
Simpson
Sunshine
Voeckler

Again, if you're making your own GP2 livery, I still need it so I can a) apply the right 256-colour palette and hand them in to Aerond in one big folder, and b) make the spotters' guide representations.

If not, just post what you want either here or via a PM and I'll fix it up for you. The spotters' guide will hopefully be released a while before the season starts, after all the drivers are confirmed and the liveries have been done.

I apologise again for being a tremendous nag, but I'm hoping this serves as a reminder/kick up the arse. Thank you.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Ataxia wrote:
dr-baker wrote:In which case, I'll certainly have Peter Port as one of Foxdale's two reserve drivers, and seek permission to have Jordan Davies as the other.
To save the ire of Salamander, Jordan Davies is with the Gauthier reserve squad.

Indeed - I didn't see the point in keeping him with Foxdale since he didn't get any running with them in 2016.
Everything's great.
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Ataxia wrote:Shizuka, just a wee word: you wanted a pink livery for Revolution. Although I admire the colour choice, it's one that doesn't work so well on GP2.

Alright, pick a colour then of your choice that is working well for GP2 - it can be anything other than black. Thanks.

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Salamander wrote:
Ataxia wrote:
To save the ire of Salamander, Jordan Davies is with the Gauthier reserve squad.

Indeed - I didn't see the point in keeping him with Foxdale since he didn't get any running with them in 2016.

OK, that's fair enough.
MCard LOLA
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Here is the livery for the AT-07:

I have to admit it looks rather good. Been working on it for a bit now.
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

NRE livery here:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

HRT livery:
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

As per email with Aerond, Jesus Plaza will drive for Mecha instead of Nathan Scott. And I may possibly hire Tojo if there is no pay-driver available. (Don't worry Ataxia, I will compensate if possible)

Also, livery: (conversion required)

:)
Last edited by FMecha on 06 Jul 2014, 16:51, edited 1 time in total.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

This'll be needing converting to BMP 8 bit.

Image Image
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Sunshine livery is right here:

http://www.f1rejects.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6254&hilit=Sunshine+Livery&start=320#p253953

If you could just rearrange the colours, I would be thankful!
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

This will require converting to BMP for use in GP2.
This is a cool spot.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Also, to clarify something that was uncertain before; our official team-name for the season will be DScity Voeckler Renault. Constructor name still Voeckler though.

Image Image
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

As most of you may or may not be aware, with the oversight of our one and only overlord aerond, RRR and myself did the budgets for all the teams as we head into the pre-season market. So, here are the budgets after all existing contracts have been honoured in WCC order:

Voeckler: 570
Jones: 575
Aeroracing: 515
ArrowTech: 610
Autodynamics: 610
MRT: 523
Kamaha: 512
Gillet: 331
HRT: 390
Kingfisher/PORE: 289
Gauthier: 628
Sunshine: 266
Foxdale: 455
Boxtel: 53
Dacia: 161
Mecha: 198
Prospec: 363
Revolution: 301
NRE: 1000*
Fusion: 1000*

*Must build chassis + sign engine and tyre contracts

Note that these amounts are BEFORE bonus monies from signing top F2RWRS drivers, as those will be awarded after NRE and Fusion sign engine and tyre suppliers as per the regulations.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

A change in plans for Voeckler Renault: Jari Kekkonen will sign on as test and reserve driver.

Image Image
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

Autosport wrote:Mori signs for Sunshine

Barii Mori will join Portugese driver Daniel Martins at the Sunshine F1RWRS team, Yuka Katayama who had been signed as a full time driver will stay as the official reserve driver and will have another season in F2RWRS with the Falik Arrows team. Although no official reason for the change has been given, it seemed that the Sunshine name was still owned by Barii Mori when he had a team in IRDU cup and was never fully transfer to Nissan when he helped them set up an F1RWRS team and although Mori isn't being paid, he is transfering the full name to the team. Mori said 'I am looking forward to doing a solid season with Sunshine, they have won races in the past and I think I can help them get back to the front again."
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Shinobu Katayama is NRE's first reserve driver, with Thomas Yorke moved to second reserve.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

To close Sunshine driver line-up, I will announce that, as per agreement, Johannes Rueckert will be the number 2 test driver in 2017.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.