F195 (Collieafc) - Italy quali up + 2nd round of bids!

Archive for the three above subforums
Collieafc

F195 (Collieafc) - Italy quali up + 2nd round of bids!

Post by Collieafc »

This is the 1995 season of my F1 management series, and a continuation of 1994

1994 Season
1995 Wiki - including Drivers and Constructors championship tables

Current Team Stats - As of Round 9
Note: Collard is loaned to Simtek for 2 races from Sauber

Drivers market - As of Round 7

Winnings paid for final Constructors positions - Subject to change

Notes
Teams CAN go into negative. However finishing the season in debt after bonuses for team performances are awarded will result in being barred from the next season.
Teams can test when in debt.

The 1996 Financial rules (Voted against for 1995, so will not come in to effect this season, but keep them in mind)
Teams can enter a season with debt up to 15m AFTER all costs are calculated (Chassis, drivers etc)
If a Team hits 15m or more in debt they will be instantly barred from participating in the F1 World Championship with immediate effect
Teams can perform in-season testing until they are 8m or more in debt. After that, they will be blocked from doing so (The FIA has not decided a set figure though, so will take the view of teams into consideration before finalising this rule)

Waiting list
Normal32
Wizzie - Now managing Minardi
Andrew (back from exams)
mrfakeboullier

More information to follow
Last edited by Collieafc on 08 Feb 2015, 21:11, edited 43 times in total.
DanielPT wrote:Life usually expires after 400 meters and always before reaching 2 laps or so. In essence, Life is short.
Collieafc

Re: F1 Management 95 (Collieafc) - New season

Post by Collieafc »

Testing

For preparation of the new season, each team is allowed two free testing sessions. The venues for the two pre season tests for 1995 are Jerez and Estoril, in that order and are free. You do not need a test driver either for these tests. You can focus on 3 areas, and for each test, choose an area to focus on. You can choose to focus on one aspect on each test or both tests on the same area.

Handling: This will improve the cars grip and handling, meaning drivers can perform closer to their maximum potential. This will lower your handling value (You can go below 0, in fact the more negative it is, the better)

Please note that there is a cap on how much this value can be lowered per driver, as no matter how well a car handles, driver performance will always vary to some degree. The cap is the same value for all drivers. (It is possible to have one of your drivers hit the cap while the other may be several tests away)

Speed:
This will help the cars pace, both in maximising power, improving weight etc. This will increase both qualifying and race power. You cannot target which, they will both have an increase, of a variable value (it’s a small variable window though so you wont suffer a “bad”\wasted test)

Remember that your cars power is capped to that of your engine – any above is not used, unless the engine is upgraded in the future.

Reliability: Means the car is more likely to finish. The lower the value the better. This value is capped at your engines reliability.

Teams are also allowed to nominate a third test and venue if they wish to do extra testing, however this will be subject to the usual test fees of 1m and use one of your 6 allocated test sessions. For the third (and subsequent tests) the same focus areas apply.

Remember apart from FIA sessions, you CANNOT test without a test driver. B-Spec cars may be introduced over the season, they come with extra bonuses. All tests are 1m, and it is possible to test to an extent on areas you may have maxed out on when developing your car last year.

You are allowed to sign a test driver at any time, or negotiate with another team to borrow one of their Young Drivers – this is up to the young drivers team whether this goes ahead. The drivers market is updated to show any available drivers (Some have been added thanks to Lotus’s demise, some have retired)

Engines

Instead of a test, you can choose to instead spend 1m trying to lobby an engine manufacturer to release upgrades to their engine. This is useful if your car has far more power than the engine. Be warned that it is NOT guaranteed they will respond to your request, but the chance of them doing so will increase every time you lobby them. This does not count to a test session use.
Be aware that if they supply more than 1 team they may not upgrade the area you want (eg Yamaha may be lobbied by Tyrrell to increase race power and Pacific to improve reliability, Yamaha may choose reliability) and customer engines are less likely to be upgraded (Ford will improve the Zetec before the EDM for example).

Also remember that engine upgrades are not instantaneous – it takes a few races to make revisions. Some engine manufacturers may also release upgrades of their own will, whether you lobby them or not.

Also remember there will be random events as well
DanielPT wrote:Life usually expires after 400 meters and always before reaching 2 laps or so. In essence, Life is short.
Collieafc

Post by Collieafc »

TO ALL TEAMS

Over the next hour or 2 I will email you the details of your car and engine stats, along with the drivers feedback after taking the car for a shakedown test. The Drivers feedback is only that drivers opinion - you (or other drivers) may disagree! It is also not always accurate so treat it as a guideline only!

This data is for your eyes only, do not share with any other teams

If anybody doesnt receive an email by the end of today, please shout and I will resend. Similarly if there are any questions feel free to ask!
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Jackie Oliver wrote:Full credit to the team, they've developed an excellent chassis. We've got some really interesting innovations, which we're trying to keep a closely guarded secret. However, that all counts for absolutely nothing, because the Ford engine is unchanged from my old Lotus 49.

So, since we've got nothing better to do, we'll focus entirely on reliability. We're also going to badger Ford for more power in everything.
Last edited by Ataxia on 19 Jul 2014, 14:26, edited 1 time in total.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Hermann95
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hermann95 »

Jordan would like to focus on speed at the first test and reliability on the second one.
Additionally we would like to lobby our engine manufacturer to release an race power upgrade
Last edited by Hermann95 on 19 Jul 2014, 15:15, edited 1 time in total.
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

Forti will use the first test to focus on speed and the second at reliability
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
Samster

Post by Samster »

Collieafc wrote:TO ALL TEAMS

Over the next hour or 2 I will email you the details of your car and engine stats, along with the drivers feedback after taking the car for a shakedown test. The Drivers feedback is only that drivers opinion - you (or other drivers) may disagree! It is also not always accurate so treat it as a guideline only!

This data is for your eyes only, do not share with any other teams

If anybody doesnt receive an email by the end of today, please shout and I will resend. Similarly if there are any questions feel free to ask!

You'll need to send mine directly to my email as my account here is connected to an address I don't know. It's [email protected]
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

Ligier will concentrate in reliability on the first test, and speed on the second.
kevinbotz

Post by kevinbotz »

EDIT: Found the message in my spam folder.

Benetton will trial a reliability upgrade at Jerez and a speed upgrade at Estoril.
Klon, on Alt-F1 wrote: I like to think it's more poker than gambling, though.
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Larrousse will focus on speed for the first test.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Simtek will focus entirely on reliability.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Keith Wiggins wrote:We have produced a great chassis, which should be a lot better than last season. Unfortunately, the lack of engine power doesn't allow us to use the fulll potential of the chassis.

Pacific will focus entirely on handling during the test.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

Williams will focus upon speed and reliability during testing
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

McLaren will focus solely on reliability.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Rated
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Rated »

Sauber will focus on the handling first, and then focus on the reliability for the the second test.
BORDAS BORDAS BORDAS
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Tyrrell will focus on reliability first and then on speed second.
Collieafc

Post by Collieafc »

Thats me taken a note of everyones pre-season test so far. I hope to have the results of the first one up this weekend.

Just waiting on:
Ferrari (Samster)
Minardi (Freeze-o-Kimi)

Tristan1117, You have only one test marked so far - Which field would you like for the 2nd? (Your 2nd test is free)

All: Remember, you can also do a 3rd test subject to normal rules. Any tests that use one of your quota of 6 will receive driver feedback.
mrfakeboullier

Re: F1 Management 95 (Collieafc) - Pre-season (Ferrari, Mina

Post by mrfakeboullier »

Can I be put on the waiting list please?
Samster

Post by Samster »

Ferrari will focus entirely on handling.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Speed first Reliability second
Collieafc

Post by Collieafc »

mrfakeboullier wrote:Can I be put on the waiting list please?

You certainly can! :)

Ill get the 1st practise times up on the weekend.
Collieafc

Re: F1 Manager 95 (Collieafc) - Pre-season (larrousse 2nd te

Post by Collieafc »

Pre season Testing - Jerez

The world was able to get a first preview of the 1995 cars today at Jerez as part of the 2 FIA organised pre-season test sessions. At the end of the day, it was Michael Schumacher who had posted the fastest time in the Sauber Renault C14, over 3 tenths quicker than David Coulthard in the Williams Renault, though it is unknown if this was set on a lighter fuel load.

What can probably be gathered though is that Sauber appear to have designed a better car this season as Wendlinger managed to get into the top 6, though the Williams team are still one of the main title challengers. McLaren though will probably be breathing a sigh of relief as Hakkinen was in 7th place, suggesting that the MP4/10 will be a significant improvement on last years car. Benetton though were hamstrung by technical glitches, restricting Frentzens running to the morning.

Further down, De Ferran appears to have been quick in getting to grips with an F1 car as he set the 18th fastest time in the Simtek Ford, almost 2 seconds quicker than his more experienced teammate Johnny Herbert. Newcomers Forti may be up against it with their cars 2nd and 3rd bottom, though they may be spared one car if Deletraz regularly props up the grid.

1. Michael Schumacher - ( Sauber Renault ) 1m 21.472
2. David Coulthard - ( Williams Renault ) + 0.351
3. Damon Hill - ( Williams Renault ) + 0.694
4. Jean Alesi - ( Ferrari ) + 1.117
5. Karl Wendlinger - ( Sauber Renault ) + 1.743
6. Rubens Barrichello - ( Jordan Mugen-Honda ) + 1.745
7. Mika Hakkinen - ( McLaren Mercedes ) + 2.088
8. Gerhard Berger - ( Benetton Ford ) + 2.432
9. Gianni Morbidelli - ( Ferrari ) + 2.478
10. Martin Brundle - ( Ligier Peugeot ) + 2.517
11. Eddie Irvine - ( Ligier Peugeot ) + 2.709
12. Ukyo Katayama - ( Tyrrell Yamaha ) + 2.758
13. Alessandro Zanardi - ( Jordan Mugen-Honda ) + 2.788
14. Heinz-Harald Frentzen - ( Benetton Ford ) + 2.936 Only ran in the morning due to technical problems
15. Pierluigi Martini - ( McLaren Mercedes ) + 2.943
16. Christian Fittipaldi - ( Minardi Ford ) + 3.088
17. Mark Blundell - ( Arrows Ford ) + 3.635
18. Gil De Ferran - ( Simtek Ford ) + 3.641
19. JJ Letho - ( Minardi Ford ) + 3.713
20. Olivier Panis - ( Pacific Yamaha ) + 3.943
21. Jos Verstappen - ( Tyrrell Yamaha ) + 4.248
22. Jean-Marc Gounon - ( Larrousse Hart ) + 4.372
23. Taki Inoue - ( Larrousse Hart ) + 4.916
24. Johnny Herbert - ( Simtek Ford ) + 5.456
25. Massimiliano Papis - ( Arrows Ford ) + 5.457
26. Andrea Montermini - ( Forti Ford ) + 5.457
27. Pedro Diniz - ( Forti Ford ) + 6.298
28. Jean-Denis Deletraz - ( Pacific Yamaha ) + 7.510

Tristan 1117 Are you performing a Speed test for the 2nd session?
Rated
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: F1 Manager 95 (Collieafc) - Pre-season 1st test up

Post by Rated »

Schumacher must have been running on very low fuel. I don't really see any other explanation on the gap between him and Wendlinger.
BORDAS BORDAS BORDAS
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

As part of my leave I'll give Minardi to someone else
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Handling test for the second.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Having recently acquired new management, Minardi would like to hire Pedro Lamy as test driver for 1995. We will also give him 8 races over the course of the year to satisfy his clause, with one of those confirmed to be the Portuguese Grand Prix. For the second test, Christian Fittipaldi will be given a well-deserved break, with Lamy taking his place instead to complement JJ Letho.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Collieafc

Post by Collieafc »

Wizzie wrote:Having recently acquired new management, Minardi would like to hire Pedro Lamy as test driver for 1995. We will also give him 8 races over the course of the year to satisfy his clause, with one of those confirmed to be the Portuguese Grand Prix. For the second test, Christian Fittipaldi will be given a well-deserved break, with Lamy taking his place instead to complement JJ Letho.

Lamy is happy to agree terms and signs accordingly in time for the 2nd test.
Collieafc

Re: F1 Manager 95 (Collieafc) - Pre-season 2nd test up

Post by Collieafc »

Pre-season testing - Estoril

The teams took to Estoril for their second test, with the intention of finalising their cars for thwe start of the new season. This time it was the two Williams who topped the timesheets, with Damon Hill setting the fastest time. However, both his teammate Coulthard and Schumacher in the Sauber were not far behind, suggesting another struggle for the championship between the top 3 drivers of Estoril.

Indeed, the Estoril test generally seemed to carry a similar theme to the drivers positions for best time as the first pre-season test, implying that there seems to be a strict hierarchy to positions near the top, though with Morbidelli improving at the expense of Hakkinen and Berger the top 6 looks like a very tight affair, with Brundle within reach too, should anybody slip up.

Further down it was less clear though, with Tyrrells Verstappen managing to be quicker than Martini in the second McLaren, and Panis in the mix with the 14th fastest time in his Pacific. Pedro Lamy filled in for Fittipaldi at Minardi but only managed the 25th fastest time, behind both Forti's, who were both able to improve over the previous test. Simtek again managed to break the top 20 but this time Herbert was the one with the better time.

However, pre-season times should always be taken with a pinch of salt, with this one no exception, as we wont know what each car is really capable of until the season begins in Brazil, especially if the gossip about engine improvements bears fruit. Only then will questions start to be answered about the season.

1. Damon Hill - ( Williams Renault ) 1m 19.356
2. David Coulthard - ( Williams Renault ) + 0.118
3. Michael Schumacher - ( Sauber Renault ) + 0.184
4. Jean Alesi - ( Ferrari ) + 0.954
5. Karl Wendlinger - ( Sauber Renault ) + 1.284
6. Rubens Barrichello - ( Jordan Mugen-Honda ) + 1.966
7. Gianni Morbidelli - ( Ferrari ) + 2.086
8. Mika Hakkinen - ( McLaren Mercedes ) + 2.242
9. Martin Brundle - ( Ligier Peugeot ) + 2.242
10. Gerhard Berger - ( Benetton Ford ) + 2.366
11. Heinz-Harald Frentzen - ( Benetton Ford ) + 2.570
12. Jos Verstappen - ( Tyrrell Yamaha ) + 2.719
13. Pierluigi Martini - ( McLaren Mercedes ) + 2.737
14. Olivier Panis - ( Pacific Yamaha ) + 2.887
15. Eddie Irvine - ( Ligier Peugeot ) + 3.131
16. Alessandro Zanardi - ( Jordan Mugen-Honda ) + 3.250
17. Mark Blundell - ( Arrows Ford ) + 3.408
18. Ukyo Katayama - ( Tyrrell Yamaha ) + 3.935
19. Johnny Herbert - ( Simtek Ford ) + 4.061
20. Taki Inoue - ( Larrousse Hart ) + 4.305
21. Gil De Ferran - ( Simtek Ford ) + 5.584
22. JJ Letho - ( Minardi Ford ) + 4.621
23. Pedro Diniz - ( Forti Ford ) + 4.775
24. Andrea Montermini - ( Forti Ford ) + 5.144
25. Pedro Lamy - ( Minardi Ford ) + 5.632
26. Massimiliano Papis - ( Arrows Ford ) + 5.827
27. Jean-Marc Gounon - ( Larrousse Hart ) + 6.108 Only ran in the morning due to technical problems
28. Jean-Denis Deletraz - ( Pacific Yamaha ) + 7.281
Collieafc

Re: F1 Manager 95 (Collieafc) - Brazil Qualifying up!

Post by Collieafc »

I was going to do a Pre-season preview but well, time was pressing...

Round 1: Brazilian Grand Prix - Qualifying report

Formula 1 arrived at Brazil to raise the curtain on the 1995 season, which hopes to continue on from the excitement of last season, and so far we have not been let down. Most of the best times were posted on Friday, where Michael Schumacher took pole position for the first race of 95 in the new Sauber Renault, just under two tenths from the reigning champion David Coulthard. If Brazil is a picture of the season ahead, the title looks like it will be another closely fought affair between these two young chargers who were a second over 4th place Alesi in the Ferrari, with Hill in the second Williams in 3rd and can never be discounted from a race.

Wendlinger was able to take 5th place in the second Sauber and appears to still be getting used to the C14 while Morbidelli was an impressive 6th place, showing he has lost little in qualifying ability after a near 2 year hiatus.

There were some stars of qualifying in Brazil with Katayama putting in a brilliant effort to just nudge his Tyrrell into the top 10 at Hakkinens expense. Panis set Pacifics best qualifying position ever with a magnificent 13th, and already appears to be relishing being in a team with far less pressure, while De Ferran also made a cracking job on his debut to put his Simtek 19th, ahead of experienced teammate Herbert, despite having no Saturday running.

Other surprises were Gounon who outqualified team mate Inoue to 22nd, while Zanardi disappointed in his Jordan and could only manage 17th. New team Forti will have mixed feelings with Montermini comfortably making the grid in 25th while Diniz just lost out by only 3 thousandths to Papis. However, only after Sunday will we know if this is qualifying session window to the season ahead.

1. Michael Schumacher - ( Sauber Renault ) 1m 14.909
2. David Coulthard - ( Williams Renault ) + 0.199
3. Damon Hill - ( Williams Renault ) + 0.602
4. Jean Alesi - ( Ferrari ) + 1.118
5. Karl Wendlinger - ( Sauber Renault ) + 1.320
6. Gianni Morbidelli - ( Ferrari ) + 1.436
7. Rubens Barrichello - ( Jordan Mugen-Honda ) + 1.518
8. Gerhard Berger - ( Benetton Ford ) + 1.961
9. Eddie Irvine - ( Ligier Peugeot ) + 2.070
10. Ukyo Katayama - ( Tyrrell Yamaha ) + 2.151
11. Mika Hakkinen - ( McLaren Mercedes ) + 2.159
12. Heinz-Harald Frentzen - ( Benetton Ford ) + 2.235
13. Olivier Panis - ( Pacific Yamaha ) + 2.587
14. Pierluigi Martini - ( McLaren Mercedes ) + 2.595
15. Martin Brundle - ( Ligier Peugeot ) + 2.748
16. JJ Letho - ( Minardi Ford ) + 3.187
17. Alessandro Zanardi - ( Jordan Mugen-Honda ) + 3.226
18. Mark Blundell - ( Arrows Ford ) + 3.310
19. Gil De Ferran - ( Simtek Ford ) + 3.393 Only ran on Friday due to technical difficulties
20. Jos Verstappen - ( Tyrrell Yamaha ) + 3.743
21. Christian Fittipaldi - ( Minardi Ford ) + 3.779
22. Jean-Marc Gounon - ( Larrousse Hart ) + 4.182
23. Taki Inoue - ( Larrousse Hart ) + 4.624
24. Johnny Herbert - ( Simtek Ford ) + 5.012
25. Andrea Montermini - ( Forti Ford ) + 5.091
26. Massimiliano Papis - ( Arrows Ford ) + 5.775
DNQ Pedro Diniz - ( Forti Ford ) + 5.778
DNQ Jean-Denis Deletraz - ( Pacific Yamaha ) + 5.898

NOTE: I will do all engine lobby RNGs after the race
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Damnit, I forgot to put Lamy in the car for Brazil and Argentina :|

Eh, anyway, Lamy's schedule for 1995 will now be as follows:

Canada
Portugal
Europe
Pacific
Japan
Australia
Two races TBA

At this point, he'll replace Letho for all those races but this could be subject to change
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Hermann95
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hermann95 »

Very nice qualy pace from Barrichello, but i'm already worried about Zanardi's pace. He was slow in pre-season and is slow again, if he can't do any better i'll have to look for a replacement...
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

Guess we are going to spend somethign with testing soon

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
Collieafc

Re: F1 Manager 95 (Collieafc) - Brazil Race up!

Post by Collieafc »

Round 1: Brazilian Grand Prix - Race report

And the first race of the 1995 season is…GO! Schumacher and Coulthard charge off the line leaving the rest of the field in their wake! Chaos erupts at the first corner as Hakkinen tries to pass Katayama but is boxed by a quicker Frentzen and outbrakes himself into the back of the Tyrrell, taking its rear wing off! This causes a wild shuffling of places and heavy braking.

Hill manages to hold 3rd from an aggressive Alesi until the end of the long straight where the Ferrari muscles past, and Wendlinger having a look too. But Martini is the man to watch as he passes Berger for 8th, originally starting from 14th on the grid! He isn’t the only one as Zanardi made a flyer from 17th to 11th while Hakkinens misery continues as he spins off before the twisty infield section. Barrichello meanwhile passes Morbidelli for 6th.

On to lap 2 and Schumacher is already a second away from Coulthard who in turn is 2 and a half from Alesi, under heavy pressure from Hill, who takes 3rd back at the same place he lost it and immediately pulls away as it becomes clear Alesi is holding up thei field down to 9th placed Frentzen, who passed Berger. Wendlinger passes Alesi at on the start finish straight and Barrichello follows suit on the main straight, the Ferrari appearing to go backwards through the field while Frentzen goes up into 8th by passing Martini. Zanardi is caught by Irvine who is making up lost ground from a poor start but Zanardi holds position well.

Lap 6 and Schumacher is already 6 seconds ahead of Coulthard who is 4 ahead of Hill, being chased by Wendlinger. Alesi appears to have over come any gremlins and has pulled away from Morbidelli and keeping within reach of Barrichellos Jordan. Irvine and Brundle both pass Zanardi meanwhile and Panis attempts to do the same on lap 7 and successfully outbrakes the Jordan to take back 13th place. Wendlinger snatches 3rd on lap 8 by doing the same thing to Hill’s Williams, both Saubers looking superior to Williams in race trim. Panis however puts his Pacific 12th by performing a brilliantly daring move on Brundles Ligier at the last corner on lap 10. Meanwhile Schumachers pace is so great he has already lapped last placed Katayama on lap 11 and is about to do the same to Papis, as the field settles down, Hakkinen aside who is making up for his 1st corner blunder by passing Blundell for 16th.

Panis makes the first fuel stop of 1995 on lap 14 and it’s a long one that drops him to 21st place. Coulthard and Wendlinger pit 1 lap later and rejoin 7th and 8th. Martini though seems to have taken his bad luck with Ferrari with him to McLaren as he becomes the first retiree of 1995 when the Mercedes engine pours smoke as he starts lap 16 due to a water leak. But it gets worse as he finds he cant brake on the long straight and goes off, bouncing off the barrier before coming to a halt. He appears to be fine until trying to get out of the car and requires help from the marshalls. He is taken to the medical center as a precaution.

Schumacher pits on lap 18 and comes out still in the lead as now 2nd placed hill also pits, while Hakkinen takes 10th from Irvine in a brilliant charge through the field. Barrichello inherits 2nd while we turn to Alesi in 3rd to discover he has lost a part of his front wing! Replays show he ran wide at the first corner which damaged it. He lets Morbidelli through as he limps his Ferrari to the pits. Barrichello runs wide himself on lap 20 in the twisty infield but manages to keep the car safe and moving. Wendlinger has managed to leapfrog Coulthard to 4th in the pitstops as the Scots first one was long, and is elevated to 2nd when Barrichello and Morbidelli make their stops respectively.

Coulthard though is not giving up yet and chases Wendlinger for 2nd, the Williams better in the corners while the Sauber dominates the straights. Hakkinen pits in from 9th place on lap 23 to rejoin 13th and almost collides with Panis when rejoining! He tries passing but the Pacific isn’t done but in the end has to relent at the start of lap 24.

Lap 27 and Hakkinen pushes too hard again and spins off once more, but like last time appears to have suffered no long term damage, other than now being down in 15th in a field that has again settled down, with Schumacher lapping 9th placed Frentzen on lap 31 and Wendlinger is able to create space on Coulthard. Blundells Arrows goes up in a ball of flame on lap 36 as the Ford EDM cant take the long Brazilian straights and hands over 14th place to De Ferran who is having a solid incident free first race so far. Berger and Zanardi pit to make their only stops, emerging 10th and 13th as 1 stops appear to be ill suited to Interlagos.

The second round of stops begins on lap 45 as Wendlinger comes in, passing 2nd to Coulthard, while Alesi follows suit. Schumacher is next one lap later as drivers pit en masse, and easily maintains his lead, with Barrichello and Morbidelli next. Coulthard too on lap 48 and Hill on 49. Hill though almost collides with Inoue when leaving the pits and is under attack by Barrichello for 4th. However the Brazilian struggles to lap 12th placed Panis. Berger drops out from 10th on lap 54 with a loose wheel

Schumacher has lapped all up to 3rd place on lap 66 as Irvine comes in to the pits unexpectedly with a brake problem from 9th place, meaning Panis enters the top 10 for the first time in Pacific’s history! It doesn’t end though as Morbidelli goes off on lap 69 as his Ferraris transmission gives up, but like Martini is unable to slow down in time before hitting the barrier. Schumacher laps Coulthard for 3rd on the start of lap 70 in a dominating race and is on the final lap…OH! SCHUMACHERS OFF! He tried to lap Fittipaldi on the twisty infield with just 4 corners to go and hit the back of the Minardi as it braked! He’s lost a wheel and is out instantly! On the final lap after such a crushing performance! It means Wendlinger takes the lead as he starts his last lap and now looks on course for his first ever victory!

And the chequered flag comes out for Karl Wendlinger in unbelieveable consequences! He doesn’t care though and is almost standing up in joy at his first win! Coulthard takes 2nd place in a faultless drive and opens his 1995 account, with Hill 3rd to ensure Williams lose minimal ground in the Constructors table. Barrichello also performs well to take 4th in his now trademark solid driving, Alesi takes 5th while Schumacher gets the final points place due to lapping the majority of the field, but its scant consolation after an otherwise flawless drive.

Further down, Panis is ecstatic to finish his Pacific 9th while de Ferran makes a respectable account of himself to finish 13th, well ahead of his teammate Herbert. Hakkinen and Katayama both recovered well from their starting tangle to finish 8th and 12th respectively. Even after a tight 1994, 1995 already delivers the unexpected and we eagerly away the trip to Buenos Aires for the new Argentinian grand prix.

Classification after 71 laps

1. Karl Wendlinger - ( Sauber Renault ) 1h 35m 27.403
2. David Coulthard - ( Williams Renault ) + 4.042
3. Damon Hill - ( Williams Renault ) + 14.906
4. Rubens Barrichello - ( Jordan Mugen-Honda ) + 20.180
5. Jean Alesi - ( Ferrari ) + 42.312
6. Michael Schumacher - ( Sauber Renault ) + 1 lap
7. Heinz-Harald Frentzen - ( Benetton Ford ) + 1 lap
8. Mika Hakkinen - ( McLaren Mercedes ) + 1 lap
9. Olivier Panis - ( Pacific Yamaha ) + 1 lap
10. Eddie Irvine - ( Ligier Peugeot ) + 1 lap
11. Alessandro Zanardi - ( Jordan Mugen-Honda ) + 1 lap
12. Ukyo Katayama - ( Tyrrell Yamaha ) + 2 laps
13. Gil De Ferran - ( Simtek Ford ) + 2 laps
14. Martin Brundle - ( Ligier Peugeot ) + 2 laps
15. JJ Letho - ( Minardi Ford ) + 2 laps
16. Jos Verstappen - ( Tyrrell Yamaha ) + 2 laps
17. Christian Fittipaldi - ( Minardi Ford ) + 3 laps
18. Johnny Herbert - ( Simtek Ford ) + 3 laps
19. Taki Inoue - ( Larrousse Hart ) + 3 laps
20. Andrea Montermini - ( Forti Ford ) + 4 laps
21. Massimiliano Papis - ( Arrows Ford ) + 4 laps
22. Gianni Morbidelli - ( Ferrari ) + 5 laps
23. Gerhard Berger - ( Benetton Ford ) + Loose wheel
24. Mark Blundell - ( Arrows Ford ) + Engine
25. Jean-Marc Gounon - ( Larrousse Hart ) + Spun off
26. Pierluigi Martini - ( McLaren Mercedes ) + Water Leak

Fastest lap Michael Schumacher - ( Sauber Renault ) + 1:16.971

Drivers Championship - Top 6
1st : Karl Wendlinger - 10
2nd : David Coulthard - 6
3rd : Damon Hill - 4
4th : Rubens Barrichello - 3
5th : Jean Alesi - 2
6th : Michael Schumacher - 1

Constructors Championship - Top 6

1st : Sauber Renault - 11
2nd : Williams Renault - 10
3rd : Jordan Mugen-Honda - 3
4th : Ferrari - 2
5th : Benneton Ford - 0
6th : McLaren Mercedes - 0
takagi_for_the_win

Well given that Hakkinen spent the entire race crashing, I'll take 8th place no questions asked :P
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Collieafc

Post by Collieafc »

Announcements

Testing is now open again for all teams.

FantometteBR: The Diniz family will pay for your next test session (I.e its free), providing its held at Interlagos.
Takagi_for_the_win: Martini's injuiry from last year has flared up again after his crash and he will have to sit out the Argentinian Grand Prix. Who would you like to replace him? (I will update the list but other suggestions are also welcome)
Wizzie: You are still welcome to put Lamy in for Argentina should you wish

Engine Lobby rolls:
Jordan: Mugen Honda – power: 1-50: Fail 51-100: Succeed Result: 85! Mugen Honda will make adjustments in time for San Marino
Arrows: Ford EDM – Power: 1-45: Fail 46-80: Will upgrade Zetecs 1st 81-100: Succeed Result: 64 Ford will make adjustments to the Zetec engine, and then to the EDM. The EDM should be ready for Spain at the very latest, with the Zetec either Argentina or San Marino
Takagi_for_the_win: Mercedes will be making improvements to their engine for San Marino. They have not yet decided what field.
kevinbotz

Post by kevinbotz »

Benetton will test a raft of speed upgrades at Interlagos.
Klon, on Alt-F1 wrote: I like to think it's more poker than gambling, though.
Rated
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Rated »

Sauber are too much in debts, so the regulations forbid us to go on private tests.
However, we will offer Emmanuel Collard to McLaren for the Argentine GP. He won't bring any money, but he'll be free. He's so far the youngest man to have tested a Formula 1 car and probably is the fastest test driver around.
BORDAS BORDAS BORDAS
takagi_for_the_win

Rated wrote:Sauber are too much in debts, so the regulations forbid us to go on private tests.
However, we will offer Emmanuel Collard to McLaren for the Argentine GP. He won't bring any money, but he'll be free. He's so far the youngest man to have tested a Formula 1 car and probably is the fastest test driver around.

Yeah, McLaren will take Collard so.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

FantometteBR will take a extended week of testing at Interlagos provided by Diniz family, with handling as our focus

Collieafc

Post by Collieafc »

Round 2: Argentinian Grand Prix - Qualifying

Formula 1 returns to Argentina for the first time since 1981 for the second round of the championship and with a second consecutive pole position for Michael Schumacher in the Sauber Renault, eager to make amends from the last lap agony of Brazil. Alongside him again is David Coulthard who was the only driver to be anywhere close to the German. Hill and Alesi again took the 2nd row while Barrichello impressed to take 5th place and narrowly nudge out championship leader Wendlinger in the second Sauber. Morbidelli was 7th, less than a tenth behind, with Hakkinen in 8th, to give McLaren a top 10 position, while Frentzen was the leading Benetton this time in 9th, Brundle only a shade behind in 10th for the Ligier team.

Collard, deputising for the injured Martini was a respectable 13th in his first ever F1 weekend, while Fittipaldi, eager to put a horror opening race behind him, was a brilliant 14th, just ahead of Panis in the Pacific – both will be eager to impress at this weekend, though for different reasons. Zanardi again struggled with the Jordan to take a lowly 18th while alongside him was De Ferran in another good qualifying position. Forti Ford will be happy too with both drivers making the grid, Montermini in particular doing a sterling job to be almost a full second ahead of Herbert in the Simtek and well away from the back row. Gounon though will feel hard done by with being off the grid by less than a hundredth of a second while Deletraz again fails to make the grid.

1. Michael Schumacher - ( Sauber Renault ) 1m 19.615
2. David Coulthard - ( Williams Renault ) + 0.269
3. Damon Hill - ( Williams Renault ) + 0.700
4. Jean Alesi - ( Ferrari ) + 1.079
5. Rubens Barrichello - ( Jordan Mugen-Honda ) + 1.616
6. Karl Wendlinger - ( Sauber Renault ) + 1.695
7. Gianni Morbidelli - ( Ferrari ) + 1.776
8. Mika Hakkinen - ( McLaren Mercedes ) + 2.084
9. Heinz-Harald Frentzen - ( Benetton Ford ) + 2.167
10. Martin Brundle - ( Ligier Peugeot ) + 2.170
11. Gerhard Berger - ( Benetton Ford ) + 2.243
12. Eddie Irvine - ( Ligier Peugeot ) + 2.318
13. Emmanuel Collard - ( McLaren Mercedes ) + 2.560
14. Christian Fittipaldi - ( Minardi Ford ) + 2.748
15. Olivier Panis - ( Pacific Yamaha ) + 2.786
16. Jos Verstappen - ( Tyrrell Yamaha ) + 2.826
17. Mark Blundell - ( Arrows Ford ) + 2.902
18. Alessandro Zanardi - ( Jordan Mugen-Honda ) + 3.168
19. Gil De Ferran - ( Simtek Ford ) + 3.486
20. Ukyo Katayama - ( Tyrrell Yamaha ) + 3.790
21. JJ Letho - ( Minardi Ford ) + 4.133 Only ran on Saturday due to technical difficulties
22. Taki Inoue - ( Larrousse Hart ) + 4.144
23. Andrea Montermini - ( Forti Ford ) + 4.328
24. Johnny Herbert - ( Simtek Ford ) + 5.147
25. Pedro Diniz - ( Forti Ford ) + 5.764
26. Massimiliano Papis - ( Arrows Ford ) + 6.026
DNQ Jean-Marc Gounon - ( Larrousse Hart ) + 6.034
DNQ Jean-Denis Deletraz - ( Pacific Yamaha ) + 6.346