091116 Abu Dhabi GP Edition

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
Kuwashima
F1 Rejects Founder

091116 Abu Dhabi GP Edition

Post by Kuwashima »

Dear all,

Well a bit of a long wait on this one. Lots of editing, and even then the long-awaited and much-heralded Race of Rejects is very tough to hear. Without proper recording equipment, you try capturing audio from inside a helmet on a go-kart track!!! Our apologies. Footage from F1 Rejects' patented "helmet-cam" can be found on the main page or at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-v4TrXbbzgU

It's a long one, with much discussion of the current state of F1 and Max's prescience, and involved discussed about the race itself. We also take a moment to wish ourselves a Happy 10th Birthday. Thank you to all of you who have read our site over the past decade.

Overlong, repetitive and unlistenable - I would be very disappointed if this wasn't the worst podcast we've ever produced! :lol: Enjoy!

Cheers,
Jamie.
Enrique Bernoldi

Re: 091116 Abu Dhabi GP Edition

Post by Enrique Bernoldi »

awesome guys, will listen to it now ;) .
Supporting the guys at the back since 1999. :)
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Overlong? But it's shorter than the Spanish edition from earlier this year... Can't wait to hear it!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
razta

Post by razta »

Lovely work guys
howardmb

Post by howardmb »

Very well done! I especially liked the running commentary while you two were racing in your persona's.
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

I am very, very, very happy that my namesake has taken victory in that particular race! :D

Seriously though, that was the best moment of my life.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

This one goes straight to the archive. Yes, the guy laughing at himself in downtown Manchester this afternoon was me.

Thanks for the IIDOTS plug!
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Nin13

Post by Nin13 »

Brilliant podcast guys!! :D

BTW country's name not used as race name is not restricted to Abu Dhabi GP. It is done in past like Caesars Palace GP (1981, 1982), Dallas GP (1984), Detroit GP (1982–1988)....... In those days USA used to host 2 race so different name were given, in 1982 they even had 3 races there!! :P
MICHAEL SCHUMACHER FAN.
Kuwashima
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by Kuwashima »

Nin13 wrote:Brilliant podcast guys!! :D

BTW country's name not used as race name is not restricted to Abu Dhabi GP. It is done in past like Caesars Palace GP (1981, 1982), Dallas GP (1984), Detroit GP (1982–1988)....... In those days USA used to host 2 race so different name were given, in 1982 they even had 3 races there!! :P

Fair point! Still, even then they tried to use country names - with USA GP East at Watkins Glen and USA GP West at Long Beach. But Dallas and Detroit can be excused because it was to reduce confusion given that more than one GP was happening within the country's borders. With Abu Dhabi, NO such excuse! Enoch's rant remains semi-valid.
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

... unless Dubai is also getting a grand prix...
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

I could be wrong, but I think the steering in heat one is on upside down, with the flat portion on top rather than bottom?
"Grosjean has a great desire to turn around and look at the corner he's just gone through, too many times per lap or per session, he's always spinning that Renault"
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

3 American races? Bernie thinks this is madness.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
RejectSteve

Post by RejectSteve »

Jordan wrote:I could be wrong, but I think the steering in heat one is on upside down, with the flat portion on top rather than bottom?

I'm not sure which karts they were running, but the Sodi GT3 Proline hire karts had a flat section like that on the top. I believe this is a common trend in karting based on some photos available on the CIK FIA website.
Nissanymania! Friday has never been the same since.

The car in front is a Stefan.
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

Kuwashima wrote:

Fair point! Still, even then they tried to use country names - with USA GP East at Watkins Glen and USA GP West at Long Beach. But Dallas and Detroit can be excused because it was to reduce confusion given that more than one GP was happening within the country's borders. With Abu Dhabi, NO such excuse! Enoch's rant remains semi-valid.

Well, at one point in the 50s, they both had the Italian GP and the Pescara GP in the calendar. That's why the Italian GP is not Jarno Trulli's home race if one were nitpicking ;-)

Thank you for another great podcast. Still, I don't quite understand why the award has not gone to the car in question.
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
Waris

Post by Waris »

Yannick wrote:
Kuwashima wrote:

Well, at one point in the 50s, they both had the Italian GP and the Pescara GP in the calendar. That's why the Italian GP is not Jarno Trulli's home race if one were nitpicking ;-)

Bleh, I was going to say that...
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
Nin13

Post by Nin13 »

Kuwashima wrote:

They have a FIA sanctioned purpose made track in Dubai, Dubai Autodrome- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dubai_Autodrome It was used last year for GP2 Asia.
A Dubai GP may be on Bernie's list!! A F1 theme park in Dubai in 2010- http://www.motorcity.ae/formula1/formula1_home.asp So it looks possible.
MICHAEL SCHUMACHER FAN.
Rosstitute

Post by Rosstitute »

Nin13 wrote:They have a FIA sanctioned purpose made track in Dubai, Dubai Autodrome- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dubai_Autodrome It was used last year for GP2 Asia.
A Dubai GP may be on Bernie's list!! A F1 theme park in Dubai in 2010- http://www.motorcity.ae/formula1/formula1_home.asp So it looks possible.

If you'd said that to me this time last year I would have said that wouldn't be too hard to imagine. But Dubai isn't in an especially good way at the moment... When I was there a few months ago, even if they put on a face to the contrary, you could get the feeling that--at least in the short term--they'd resigned themselves to there already achived levels of ludicrous opulence, and won't be looking for new projects to burn money on for at least a little while.
P.S. Excuse me for choosing "The Paul Stoddart Memorial Forum" to leave a offer for men about achat propecia
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Great podcast guys, Enoch did a very good impersonation of what I'd imagine Perry McCarthy would be like if he actually won a race!

By the way, I was offended by Jamie's outburst against the British GP. You 2 have raised hell just because Australia is not the first race in 2010? I do concede that I'd prefer an Umm al-Quwain GP to a British GP.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Approximately 1 in 5.5 people are morning... classic! :lol:
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Nin13

Post by Nin13 »

CarlosFerreira wrote:Approximately 1 in 5.5 people are ... classic! :lol:

mourning
MICHAEL SCHUMACHER FAN.
noisebox

Post by noisebox »

Nin13 wrote:
CarlosFerreira wrote:Approximately 1 in 5.5 people are ... classic! :lol:

mourning

It's evening here
"will you stop him playing tennis then?", referring to Montoya's famous shoulder injury, to which Whitmarsh replied "well, it's very difficult to play tennis on a motorbike"
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

The podcasts should have a health warning on the download page, I nearly crashed into a car whilst riding my bike listening to the podcast. I did love Ralf Schumachers short description as a Toyota driver.
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
captainhappy

Post by captainhappy »

Kuwashima wrote:
Overlong, repetitive and unlistenable - I would be very disappointed if this wasn't the worst podcast we've ever produced! :lol: Enjoy!

Cheers,
Jamie.

Congratulations guys, the podcast was a real Barry!

Thank you for the written race review. Such profound musings on the horrible inequality that exists for humanity. Such insight into the minutiae of Asian cultural norms.

And happy 10th anniversary. I'll be listening on your 100th!
I wake up in the morning and piss excellence
Kuwashima
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by Kuwashima »

captainhappy wrote:Thank you for the written race review. Such profound musings on the horrible inequality that exists for humanity. Such insight into the minutiae of Asian cultural norms.

Thanks Captn.

I might add, I do think this was one of Enoch's better written race reviews.
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

I'm not dour and humorless, dammit.
Debaser

Post by Debaser »

Harry Kewell plays for Galatasaray??? I forgot about him, he's probably still wasting the club's money on treatment for his million injuries. Great podcast fellas, I loved Jamie describing the poor performance of his kart in the HWNSNBM Cup. Also I enjoyed Marilyn Monroe singing "Happy birthday", though let's not talk about her and JFK...
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

Debaser wrote:Harry Kewell plays for Galatasaray??? I forgot about him, he's probably still wasting the club's money on treatment for his million injuries. Great podcast fellas, I loved Jamie describing the poor performance of his kart in the HWNSNBM Cup. Also I enjoyed Marilyn Monroe singing "Happy birthday", though let's not talk about her and JFK...

Oh how I'd love to shoot from her grassy knoll...
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

thehemogoblin wrote:
Debaser wrote:Harry Kewell plays for Galatasaray??? I forgot about him, he's probably still wasting the club's money on treatment for his million injuries. Great podcast fellas, I loved Jamie describing the poor performance of his kart in the HWNSNBM Cup. Also I enjoyed Marilyn Monroe singing "Happy birthday", though let's not talk about her and JFK...

OK, the wikipedia didn't quite explain, but I sense a double entendre there...
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

CarlosFerreira wrote:
thehemogoblin wrote:

JFK...

Nothing?
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

CarlosFerreira wrote:
thehemogoblin wrote:

The grassy knoll was where the second shooter supposedly was.

I was making a reference to her female parts and implying that she came before the time of razors.
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

shinji wrote:JFK...

Nothing?

Yeah, yeah. We all got that far. I'm just wondering what does "shoot from her grassy knoll", applied to Marylin Monroe, could mean.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

... Family forum. That's all I have to say right now.
Valrys

Post by Valrys »

thehemogoblin wrote:... Family forum. That's all I have to say right now.

Don't worry, I understood it :D
captainhappy

Post by captainhappy »

thehemogoblin wrote: implying that she came before the time of razors.

HA Ha Ha HAAAA. That wasn't dour or humourless!!! If totally inappropriate.
I wake up in the morning and piss excellence
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Again, I missed a quote somewhere before - but it's all clear now... ;)
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
RejectSteve

Post by RejectSteve »

I'd be concerned about the knolls being grassy at all, even at a time before the razor.
Nissanymania! Friday has never been the same since.

The car in front is a Stefan.
Rosstitute

Post by Rosstitute »

RejectSteve wrote:I'd be concerned about the knolls being grassy at all, even at a time before the razor.

Like my uncle always said: "if there'd grass on the feild... conspiracy theorists should stand up."

don't know how many people outside of appalachia will get that...
P.S. Excuse me for choosing "The Paul Stoddart Memorial Forum" to leave a offer for men about achat propecia
Waris

Post by Waris »

thehemogoblin wrote: implying that she came before the time of razors.

Oh, she came before the time of razors?
...Sorry, I should just stop it now. I've crossed the line. Family forum, I know, I know! Protect the eyes of your children >___<
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
Ed24

Post by Ed24 »

:lol:

Now that the Fondmetal/Lotus link has been established, don't forget we also have Simtek racing as Manor in 2010 (through the link to Nick Wirth), so 2010 is a great year for Rejectdom, with Campos and US-F1 hopefully also living up to their expectations. ;)
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
-Abraham Lincoln
Debaser

Post by Debaser »

Jose Maria Lopez coming from Argentinian touring cars to USF1 is a reject move, that'll be a crash waiting to happen.