Your Reject of the Year - nominations

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
CoopsII

Re: Your Reject of the Year - nominations

Post by CoopsII »

Rob Dylan wrote:http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2014/12/08/2014-f1-season-review-driver-rankings-22-16/
F1Fanatic (a.k.a. Keith) have Max Chilton as reject of the year. Discuss.

Predictable and boring. As for the quoted guy who says Chilton won't be missed next season I hope his house burns down. On Christmas Eve. With all his presents inside.
Just For One Day...
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

CoopsII wrote:
Rob Dylan wrote:http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2014/12/08/2014-f1-season-review-driver-rankings-22-16/

Predictable and boring. As for the quoted guy who says Chilton won't be missed next season I hope his house burns down. On Christmas Eve. With all his presents inside.

I saw that too and I just shrugged but damn, that's nasty! :lol:
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
LolLola

Post by LolLola »

My ROTY:

Max Chilton - Slow, punted off his own record, can't beat Bianchi at all. Bye
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

LolLola wrote:My ROTY:

Oh shut up you tart. :evil: :cry:
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

LolLola wrote:My ROTY:

Keith Collantine wrote:Chilton ranks last because bla... bla... bla...

Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Collantine's a self-important, over opinionated arse who lets his massive personal bias cloud 90% of all opinion pieces. Can't stand the man.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

Salamander wrote:
Rob Dylan wrote:I am confused as to why Raikkonen's not there tbh :P or why Vergne is there! All opinion at the end of the day I guess

Collantine often lets his own personal bias cloud his judgement.

Ever since he confessed to being a "pure count-back is the best system" supporter recently, I stopped caring about what he thought. Even before then he said a lot of things that didn't make sense, but I still wanted to sit and listen, so to speak. I'm glad he said something so stupid that it made me look back at everything.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

CoopsII wrote:

Raikkonen isn't in his bottom 7 and Vergne is. His opinion is irrelevant to me.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Imagine if Keith actually has an account on F1Rejects, is a regular poster, and has been deliberately trolling us with all of his opinion pieces?
I'm standing up
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

Rob Dylan wrote:Imagine if Keith actually has an account on F1Rejects, is a regular poster, and has been deliberately trolling us with all of his opinion pieces?
I'm standing up

Aw snap....
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
SgtPepper

Post by SgtPepper »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:

Collantine's a self-important, over opinionated arse who lets his massive personal bias cloud 90% of all opinion pieces. Can't stand the man.

This. His reputation precedes him in the F1 world.
F1 claim to fame - Offending Karun Chandhok 38 minutes into the Korean Grand Prix's FP1.

PSN: SgtPepperThe1st
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

So Kimi's been ranked 15th in the end. I saw the first two words of his review: "The statistics...", and thought of you guys :D

If Vergne and Kvyat were swapped around to 14th and 16th respectively that would reflect my opinion of them better.

Other than that I'd say #11 is pretty damn high for Grosjean, who really didn't do all that much after Monaco except crash under the safety car and complain, complain, complain. A bit of unnecessary assumption imo - "because I don't really remember what they did I'll say Grosjean was probably doing really well with his limitations, whereas Maldonado over there, he's simply hopeless".
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

Rob Dylan wrote:So Kimi's been ranked 15th in the end. I saw the first two words of his review: "The statistics...", and thought of you guys :D

If Vergne and Kvyat were swapped around to 14th and 16th respectively that would reflect my opinion of them better.

Other than that I'd say #11 is pretty damn high for Grosjean, who really didn't do all that much after Monaco except crash under the safety car and complain, complain, complain. A bit of unnecessary assumption imo - "because I don't really remember what they did I'll say Grosjean was probably doing really well with his limitations, whereas Maldonado over there, he's simply hopeless".

To be fair, Grosjean had every right to complain because the car was just plain rubbish. It is a bit harsh though to see the Reverend ranked so low when he has been good in the tail end of the season. JEV was also ranked too low. Ok qualifying has never really been a strong point for him, but he has been (mostly) a great wheel-to-wheel racer and lets not forget how close he was to a certain three times Grand Prix winner in the same team in the previous two years. The reader's view on Kobayashi: "Didn’t really show anything special." He was driving a bathplugging Caterham! What did you expect? Fangio would look anonymous in that car! And don't get me started on Talent's last place... :evil:
#FreeGonzo
LukeB

Post by LukeB »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:Collantine's a self-important, over opinionated arse who lets his massive personal bias cloud 90% of all opinion pieces. Can't stand the man.

Funnily enough those are the same reasons I always liked F1Rejects....
Making up the numbers
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

SgtPepper wrote:Collantine's a self-important, over opinionated arse who lets his massive personal bias cloud 90% of all opinion pieces. Can't stand the man.

This. His reputation precedes him in the F1 world.[/quote]
He used to be good, but he's heavily influenced by the comments section. If you don't like Raikkonen or Hamilton, then you're welcome to stay, but he won't lift a finger to stop the angry mob from running you out if town.

Also, there's a user there by the name of "HoHum" who leads the anti-Bernie crowd and he practically commits libel on an hourly basis. Collantine does nothing to stop him.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

I think it's a travesty that Ericsson has an F1 seat next year whilst Chilton doesn't.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

Drivers:

3. Max Chilton

2. Kimi Raikkonen

1. Adrian Sutil

Teams:

3. Ferrari

2. Caterham

1. Sauber

Overall:

3. Kimi Raikkonen

2. Adrian Sutil

1. Sauber
Proud supporter of the United States 2nd Amendment.

2012 Predicament Predictions Champion.
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

Very biased but I think you will like it :P

Sergio Perez - For taking out Sutil in USA
Grosjean - For not giving 5 seconds+ gap for Bianchi
Magnussen - For not retiring to give Ericsson 10th place.

But for serious:

Bernie Ecclestone - No need to say more
Safety issue - Thanks to Japan crash :(
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

Captain Hammer wrote:
SgtPepper wrote:Collantine's a self-important, over opinionated arse who lets his massive personal bias cloud 90% of all opinion pieces. Can't stand the man.

This. His reputation precedes him in the F1 world.

He used to be good, but he's heavily influenced by the comments section. If you don't like Raikkonen or Hamilton, then you're welcome to stay, but he won't lift a finger to stop the angry mob from running you out if town.[/quote]
Surprisingly, Collantine didn't give Hamilton the top spot in the end-of-year driver rankings - much to the consternation of hundreds of Lewistericals, Lord Lewis only came in third, with Collantine rightly pointing out that the W05 Hybrid was far and away the best car on the grid, so Hamilton was always going to be competitive.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Captain Hammer wrote:Surprisingly, Collantine didn't give Hamilton the top spot in the end-of-year driver rankings - much to the consternation of hundreds of Lewistericals, Lord Lewis only came in third, with Collantine rightly pointing out that the W05 Hybrid was far and away the best car on the grid, so Hamilton was always going to be competitive.

But the way he phrased it... Almost like, "he made me suffer because he did wrap the championship earlier this season against that loser Rosberg when he clearly should. Bad!" He should just stayed in the "he is #3 because he made too many errors this season to be #1".
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
Bobby Doorknobs

Captain Hammer wrote:Surprisingly, Collantine didn't give Hamilton the top spot in the end-of-year driver rankings - much to the consternation of hundreds of Lewistericals, Lord Lewis only came in third, with Collantine rightly pointing out that the W05 Hybrid was far and away the best car on the grid, so Hamilton was always going to be competitive.

The most hilarious thing about the reaction to Keith's ranking is that there are a lot of comments saying he has a bias against Hamilton! :lol:
#FreeGonzo
mario

Post by mario »

Simtek wrote:

The most hilarious thing about the reaction to Keith's ranking is that there are a lot of comments saying he has a bias against Hamilton! :lol:

Mind you, having looked over a number of the comments there, I'd say that most of the criticism was over how he ranked Vergne and Kimi, with quite a few commentators feeling that 15th place was far too generous for Kimi and Vergne should have been ranked higher than 16th.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
RealRacingRoots

Post by RealRacingRoots »

Yup, time to write a essay or two. Someone else can do TL;DR for me.

Driver's Reject Almost-Podium
I cannot make a good case for anyone to take third here, like it or not.

2nd - Sebastian Vettel

Understanding that this doesn't come from Riccardo convincingly having the upper hand on his veteran team-mate is a start. However, Riccardo's pace throughout the year does help to paint the picture for Vettel. Being the Four-Time Reigning and Defending Champion does leave a heavy burden on one's shoulders, and it showed at Monaco. The difference between what happened then and what went down this year, ignoring the Renault Engine naturally, was down to the RB Chassis. Vettel knew how to extract the most out of the Red Bull Cars back then, and it showed with the amount of throttle he had on corner-mid literally everywhere. It was why it was so easy for him to build a gap early and cruise for the rest of the race while everyone else was too busy spinning their wheels. But now the jokes on Vettel, the amount of rear grip that he had in spades the years before went away. Evolution is a mystery, it's all the change that no one sees. For 2014, a line in the sand was drawn for the driver who had arguably some of the highest expectations on him; He is the Four Time Reigning and Defending Champion after all, but he failed to adapt. So he perished.

1st - Kimi Raikkonen

Really, he should have stayed home. As much as there could, probably, be made a case that he also couldn't adapt to the car, he just ended up acting like a Honey Badger for the duration of the year. It was no doubt a stigma that he had ever since he walked out on Lotus at the end of 2013 before returning "home" to the Scuderia. It's not that he's in a rut or anything, it's rather that his 2014 is like watching a Wrestling Match on Monday Night Raw: the two wrestlers could put on a match which tears down the house, but they don't have to. There is no motivation to considering how deep in this routine they are, and they won't get paid more for going above and beyond the call of duty. So every Monday Night you'll see the same matches with the same Wrestlers even if there might be a gimmick or two added. One does not simply drive on Auto-Pilot for Ferrari, even if the FIAT Group were causing Ferrari to implode at the seams.

Team's Reject Podium

3rd - Sauber

Before I get complained at for having Sauber too low here hear me out. What did you seriously expect from them this year? There are reasons why I don't show my face here often. And when it comes to ROTY and Reject Ranking, the Expectation for the driver and teams plays a huge roll in how they are ranked come the end of the year. We know that Sauber haven't been flush with cash for a while, and they aren't able to fully utilise the resources that BMW left behind, although some are already heading to obsolescence. So what do they do? They hire two drivers who bring cash and design what would end up being the most conservative chassis of all the "established" teams. This will be the only time I mention Sutil and Gutierrez, because I actually sympathise with them after their performance this year. Sure they were there for the money they brought, but they were still shackled with a terrible car. They tried their damndest to try and get a good performance out of the car, but more often than not were mired with crashes and general tomfoolery because they were trying too hard to overcompensate. I don't blame them. It just happened that they are the scapegoat you all chose for them, when the real problem was everything else with the team.

2nd - Lotus

It really has been a while since I can say a F1 team had a "ambitious but rubbish" season. Sure their 2013 was a hail mary long bomb to the end zone that slipped through the Wide-Receiver's fingers, but they laid down the foundation for potential success in the future. But 2014 spat them out the other side as soon as they showed off their new machine. It was asymmetrical, had the worst diffuser design probably in F1 history, a dubious Power-Unit, never was able to be setup consistently, and upgrades that probably did more harm than good. The one time the car's asymmetry could have did them a favor at Monza, they didn't roll with it. General incompetence that was fun to follow, and was even more fun to watch Wizzie lose his mind with this car. But General Incompetence it was nonetheless.

1st - Caterham

After being the new team that showed the most promise despite having the latest start of the lot, death by Shannon Group could have proven to be merciful after what was a culmination of why Tony Fernandez doesn't know how to run a sports team. Investing Millions of Dollars Millions of Dollars Millions of Dollars into a intellectual property doesn't mean you'll get the baby you wanted nine months later. When this was the year that Caterham was, according to themselves at least, finally join the ranks of the established team. Instead, they ended being worse off than Marussia more often that not. After leaving the Winter Tests with the best understanding of the Renault Power, whatever they learned actually didn't follow into the races and they were playing catch-up ever since. And then the new "investments" showed up, and then they went into Administration, and then they went to crowdfunding. They somehow lived through 2014, but at what cost. Everyone involved, bar the drivers, leave 2014 with egg on their faces in a campaign that would make G-Tech Systems envious. (That's a Wipeout Fusion reference)

Overall Reject Podium

3rd - Team Principals

Suppose the figurehead of your team feels like his time would be better spent constantly posturing, what do you think is going to happen to the sport they are involved in. Personal accords, vendettas, and general egotism among the likes of Toto Wolff and Christian Horner left the rest of the F1 Teams with a sour taste in their mouths going forward and after none of them felt like standing up against a crisis that has been 5 years in the making, F1 didn't thrive this year, it endured. Although 1st place in the Overall Reject Podium didn't help F1's cause either. Tony Fernandez murdered his own team, Mattiacci trying to quietly do his job wasn't going to cut the mustard especially with a moronic IPO looming for FIAT, Monisha refused to become a bitch team to either Ferrari or Mercedes, and Horner and Wolff refused to solve a problem that should have been dealt with a year and a half ago. I wonder what would have happened if they all actually tried to do their job to the best of their abilities....

2nd - Ferrari

Exceptionalism has been ingrained in Ferrari ever since The Schu first joined them in the 90s. They are never the victim, right? If two of the most iconic and influential names they've had in recent times are bailing out, it must be for good reason. Were Ferrari really in crisis? Not really. Marchionne ousted Montezemolo as a part of his master plan to essentially desensitise the Brand more than it already has and to attempt to make more money. Alonso left because Mattiacci was forced to right a ship even though he had no idea what to right, and arguably, no idea what he was doing. So these aren't why Ferrari are here. The lot of them were all left walking around in circles after a past-intention to have a new engine formula to compensate for not being able to build a good car since 2008. This was going to be their way to be relevant at the pointy end of the field; having a power unit properly integrated with a chassis much like Mercedes was. However, they chose to focus on the Aerodynamics of the car and compromising the performance of the engine. It meant that their 2014 was essentially over as it started. Ferrari are not above making boneheaded mistakes like this, they made their own mistakes and rather than owning up to it, left themselves with a large mountain to climb to recover what was lost.

1st - Formula One Management and Jean Todt

Denizens of the official F1Rejects IRC should know these diatribes from Regular Car Reviews too well, because I've tried to grind it into the brains as we watch many of our favorite Sporting Governing Bodies burn at the hand of their own general incompetence.

RegularCarReviews wrote: When business majors talk about organizational inertia, they're not just talking about a companies resistance to change; but about an entire principle that supports, detrimentally outdated business practices. Because what is organizational inertia but an embracing of stagnation, fellating the past while letting the future wither and die on a vine. Look at Netflix; they rule the world right now because they've shown a willingness adapt to the needs and demands of their users. Physcial Media going by the wayside? "Here Here Here have some streaming options." Recession in effect? "Ohhh hay, have access to our entire library for 7.99 a month."
Look we're not trying to shill for Netflix here but there remains a simple guiding principle for business that want to survive in a changing cultural environment. Give your users what they actually want. Not just what you think they want, or what you yourself want, because that's a zero-sum game.

TRACK DAY, BRO!

Just go and read what TommyKL had to say.
The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
GT Super Series
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Now the year's nearly done I think im going to give my nomination to CVC.

Because they're toss.
Just For One Day...
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

New nomination for the year - utterly biased articles from major broadcasters: http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/22058 ... son-awards
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

I always knew Marko read this forum.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

AustralianStig wrote:New nomination for the year - utterly biased articles from major broadcasters: http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/22058 ... son-awards

That is so cringeworthy.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
Bobby Doorknobs

AustralianStig wrote:New nomination for the year - utterly biased articles from major broadcasters: http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/22058 ... son-awards

I thought Maldonado leaving Williams was the best decision ever. :P Speaking of which, what's with all the jibes at the Reverend in that article? :(
#FreeGonzo
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Simtek wrote:

I thought Maldonado leaving Williams was the best decision ever. :P Speaking of which, what's with all the jibes at the Reverend in that article? :(

Because Sky is unprofessional as hell, especially when it comes to things that casual fans have strong opinions on, such as the Hamilton/Rosberg title fight and Pastor Maldonado.

I think perhaps the worst award is the 'Surprise driver announcement' one - like seriously!? Anyone who's kept half an eye on GP2 wouldn't have batted an eyelash when Nasr was announced as an F1 driver! As opposed to ESTEBAN GUTIERREZ: FERRARI DRIVER, which I still today cannot take seriously.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Bobby Doorknobs

Salamander wrote:
Simtek wrote:

Because Sky is unprofessional as hell, especially when it comes to things that casual fans have strong opinions on, such as the Hamilton/Rosberg title fight and Pastor Maldonado.

I think perhaps the worst award is the 'Surprise driver announcement' one - like seriously!? Anyone who's kept half an eye on GP2 wouldn't have batted an eyelash when Nasr was announced as an F1 driver! As opposed to ESTEBAN GUTIERREZ: FERRARI DRIVER, which I still today cannot take seriously.

And don't forget André Lotterer at Caterham. No one in their wildest dreams could have predicted that!
#FreeGonzo
mario

Post by mario »

Salamander wrote:
Simtek wrote:

I wonder if the surprise they are referring to is more to do with the fact that Nasr chose to go to Sauber of all teams, plus the fact that the deal itself seemed to come out of the blue (given that there had been no indication beforehand that Nasr was in talks with Sauber). Still, as you say, I would have thought that Gutierrez's promotion would be a bigger surprise than that.

Overall, whilst I can agree with some of the comments they make (for example, I agree that the anticipated competition between Kimi and Alonso was over-hyped in retrospect given how thoroughly Alonso thrashed him), you're right that some of them are a bit awkward, to say the least.
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

This is no surprise. If you saw they're coverage at the last races of this season, you'll see why this happened. It's not surprising.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Also, I'd just like to point out, since I forgot before, that there is nothing actually inaccurate about what Alonso said in his runner-up quote for 'Least accurate statement of the year'. It says he wants to win with Ferrari and finish the job he started with them, and that is something that he had always maintained; but wanting to win is not the same as saying you will win. It's subtle wordplay which has naturally gone completely over the head of whoever wrote that abomination.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Salamander wrote:Also, I'd just like to point out, since I forgot before, that there is nothing actually inaccurate about what Alonso said in his runner-up quote for 'Least accurate statement of the year'. It says he wants to win with Ferrari and finish the job he started with them, and that is something that he had always maintained; but wanting to win is not the same as saying you will win. It's subtle wordplay which has naturally gone completely over the head of whoever wrote that abomination.

Agreed. Also, Mr SKY F1 man obviously didn't understand the subtle wordplay contained within..."and we will see what the future holds".
Just For One Day...
mrfakeboullier

Post by mrfakeboullier »

As someone who is both a Rosberg fan and someone who has Sky, I was not in any way surprised to see the WE LOVE LEWIS fanclub out in force. Quite frankly the way they went OTT over Monaco was ridiculous and their quote of the year runner-up was laughable.
Lewis Hammitup wrote:To be honest, Nico has never been in Germany, so he’s not really German,

Let's hold our metaphorical horses one second. This is Tax exile Lewis Hamilton who almost boasts about how he's "British, and so proud to represent Britain" yet will not pay his taxes and pretends the reason he bathplugged off to Monaco was because of "press invasion."
Aww diddums.
Anyway, with regards to comeback of the year, what about Rosberg pulling out that 29 point lead (twice), once from four points down, and for worst driving of the year, Lewis, spinning off on lap 1 in Hungary. If that had been Rosberg it would have been "ROSBERG CRACKS UNDER PRESSURE IOFOVJSADOKFDWIURAW8GRWEGTIORWHDGFUGFSDFSDSKJLFGSJDGS *Internet explodes with the simultaneous explosion of every single Hamilton fan*"
/Rant over.
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

In light of these recent few posts...

All those of you who shelled out 500 quid this year for Sky's coverage and loudly trumpeted what a bunch of inane sinkplugs the team of Perry, Edwards, DC and EJ are: explain to me again why I should have done the same...?

Excuse me a mo while I go to the bank, count my money and laugh.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
Bobby Doorknobs

dinizintheoven wrote:In light of these recent few posts...

All those of you who shelled out 500 quid this year for Sky's coverage and loudly trumpeted what a bunch of inane sinkplugs the team of Perry, Edwards, DC and EJ are: explain to me again why I should have done the same...?

I'm now quite happy to have switched from Sky to eircom back in June, especially after finding that Setanta broadcast all the races live (albeit without pre- or post-race coverage, basically they just nick the BBC commentary).
#FreeGonzo
mario

Post by mario »

mrfakeboullier wrote:As someone who is both a Rosberg fan and someone who has Sky, I was not in any way surprised to see the WE LOVE LEWIS fanclub out in force. Quite frankly the way they went OTT over Monaco was ridiculous and their quote of the year runner-up was laughable.
Lewis Hammitup wrote:To be honest, Nico has never been in Germany, so he’s not really German,

Let's hold our metaphorical horses one second. This is Tax exile Lewis Hamilton who almost boasts about how he's "British, and so proud to represent Britain" yet will not pay his taxes and pretends the reason he bathplugged off to Monaco was because of "press invasion."
Aww diddums.
Anyway, with regards to comeback of the year, what about Rosberg pulling out that 29 point lead (twice), once from four points down, and for worst driving of the year, Lewis, spinning off on lap 1 in Hungary. If that had been Rosberg it would have been "ROSBERG CRACKS UNDER PRESSURE IOFOVJSADOKFDWIURAW8GRWEGTIORWHDGFUGFSDFSDSKJLFGSJDGS *Internet explodes with the simultaneous explosion of every single Hamilton fan*"
/Rant over.

Well, in the case of Nico Rosberg, he is officially only half German - he is a German-Finnish dual national - but, because the FIA does not recognise dual nationalities, his nationality is defined by the national sporting body that issues him with a racing licence. Originally, Nico competed under a Finnish racing licence - if you look back at his Formula BMW days, his car is marked with both a German and Finnish flag - and in that era the FIA would officially have classified him as a Finnish driver, so it does show that definitions of nationality can be somewhat arbitrary.

Similarly, Romain Grosjean is officially a Swiss-French dual national but he is officially classified as a French driver by the FIA because he drives under a French racing licence. Another historical example would be Jochen Rindt - whilst FISA defined him as an Austrian national because he had an Austrian racing licence, Rindt was actually a German national (he was born in Germany and retained his German nationality throughout his life), not Austrian.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Well, quite. Im sure Rupert appreciates the donations so many people made, though :lol:
Just For One Day...
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

CoopsII wrote:

Well, quite. Im sure Rupert appreciates the donations so many people made, though :lol:

I'm sure he does!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Press_Play2002

Post by Press_Play2002 »

My nominations: VIRTUALLY EVERYONE INVOLVED IN THE SODDING SPORT! *facepalm x40,000* From the heavily biased and quite frankly, uneducated media both old AND "new", not to mention the overzealous and ultra butthurt fantards strangling the sport's dwindling base of fans. To the clownish hi-jinks of the F.I.A, F.O.T.A, and the F.O.M that were so unfunny and shambolic, even most crappy gaming forums and cliques of insanity would cringe in disappointment and anger. But hey, as much as I like the past (note that I say "like" not "love", I'm not one of your mediocre sacks of fail known as "internet reviewers" who have an unhealthy affection for the past as if it were some sort of fetish) we can't change the path of the Titanic as it crashes head-on with the iceberg of fate and inevitability. For I can only hope for either (a) A management/consortium of people who have a hair's width of knowing what to bloody do in a situation of chaos and crapola. Or (b) A new top tier Motorsports series to knock F1 for good if things don't change very, VERY soon. (and no, WEC and IRL don't count)

Sorry for the negative posts, just trying to get the last of this year off my arse so I can start anew for 2015. I'll be a lot more calmer than this I swear.
tumblr: http://www.tumblr.com/blog/n0tab0x1871 TARTZ: http://truefalse1989.deviantart.com/
"I think Press_Play2002 is on a downward spiral and has lost it completely"
~Mark WebberNot a real quote by the way