The most anonymous F1 stints

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: The most anonymous F1 stints

Post by shinji »

andrew wrote:

Uhhh, I'm pretty sure that Johnny Herbert won the 1995 British gp and came 4th in the championship, not Nige.
Sorry about the bad quoting,

Uhhhh, I'm pretty sure that you're wrong tbh.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
andrew

Post by andrew »

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1995_British_Grand_Prix

Sutil this year has been a bit anonymous, I have sometimes only realised he is in f1 when they occasionally show his Sauber unfortunately breaking down.
Last edited by andrew on 26 Oct 2014, 23:17, edited 1 time in total.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

shinji wrote:
andrew wrote:

Uhhh, I'm pretty sure that Johnny Herbert won the 1995 British gp and came 4th in the championship, not Nige.

Mansell's 1995 F1 BRITISH GRAND PRIX™ victory is one of the most passionate I've ever seen. Nige's tears on the podium were shared by all those in attendance, Murray Walker came out with a particular poignant quote but I seem to have forgotten it!
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

andrew wrote:http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1995_British_Grand_Prix

Anyone can edit Wikipedia, try use it as a source in an essay and see where it gets you.
andrew

Post by andrew »

shinji wrote:

Anyone can edit Wikipedia, try use it as a source in an essay and see where it gets you.

Wikipedia editing is what has been done in the photo that claims Mansell won the race.
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

andrew wrote:
shinji wrote:

Wikipedia editing is what has been done in the photo the claims Mansell won the race.

Do you not remember Mansell's glorious valedictory season though? Where he won in front of his adoring fans at Silverstone, and bid farewell to the tifosi who so revered him as Il Leone with a famous victory in Monza?

Frankly I feel sorry for someone who can't believe in a story as heroic and romantic as that.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

andrew wrote:
shinji wrote:

Wikipedia editing is what has been done in the photo that claims Mansell won the race.

Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

pasta_maldonado wrote:Are you sure about that?

Wikipedia wrote:

So is this the result of the Alex Wurz conspiracy? :shock:

Just how much more F1 history is lost forever? :o
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
shinji wrote:
andrew wrote:

Mansell's 1995 F1 BRITISH GRAND PRIX™ victory is one of the most passionate I've ever seen. Nige's tears on the podium were shared by all those in attendance, Murray Walker came out with a particular poignant quote but I seem to have forgotten it!

I remember the first time I saw those video clips, I had "Murray's F1™ Celebration" on VHS as a kid, and it really pulled my heartstrings. The way he recovered from that little spin just after his pitstop was incredible. Murray said something like "Nigel spins, but Nigel WINS! There's never coincidences in FORMULA 1™, there are only stories like these!".

It was a great race.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
andrew

Post by andrew »

Uhhh, I think I may leave some of you to dream about nige winning in 1995 at silverstone. You could possibly claim that Kimi Raikkonen is heading towards being anonymous this year compared to Alonso. Although to be fair it is hard to not be anonymous during a race when Alonso is your teamate
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

andrew wrote:Uhhh, I think I may leave some of you to dream about nige winning in 1995 at silverstone. You could possibly claim that Kimi Raikkonen is heading towards being anonymous this year compared to Alonso. Although to be fair it is hard to not be anonymous during a race when Alonso is your teamate

Are you deluded? This was also taken from Wikipedia:

(If you can't read the image, open it in a new tab/window)

Last edited by pasta_maldonado on 26 Oct 2014, 23:37, edited 2 times in total.
andrew

Post by andrew »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
andrew wrote:Uhhh, I think I may leave some of you to dream about nige winning in 1995 at silverstone. You could possibly claim that Kimi Raikkonen is heading towards being anonymous this year compared to Alonso. Although to be fair it is hard to not be anonymous during a race when Alonso is your teamate

Are you deluded? This was also taken from Wikipedia:

Yes a fake Wikiapedia page.

http://www.grandprix247.com/2012/07/05/ ... rand-prix/
http://www.formula1.com/results/season/1995/123/
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

Simtek wrote:I just remembered Jamie and Enoch's assessment of Charles Pic's 2013 season by questioning the very existence of a driver named Charles Pic, such was his anonymity last year. :lol:

By extension of this, it took me until about Round 8 this year to realise that Pic didn't have a seat anymore haha
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

I always knew Marko read this forum.
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

CaptainGetz12 wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:Are you sure about that?

Wikipedia wrote:

So is this the result of the Alex Wurz conspiracy? :shock:

Just how much more F1 history is lost forever? :o

HWNSNBM destroying Nico Rosberg and winning the 2007 championship for Williams was replaced by the more modest results that Wurz achieved. Rosberg's results, however, remained intact.
Markus Winkelhock's win at the Nurburgring that year was also removed from the record books.
Toro Rosso didn't actually come into existence until 2009. It was still Minardi up to that point, meaning Vettel's triumph at Monza 2008 was altered to make for a much less emotional victory.
Barrichello's championship win for Ferrari in 2005 resulted in him getting fired from the team for beating Schumacher.
Piquet didn't actually crash in Singapore. He won that race.
Kubica was never injured in 2011. He went on to win the 2012 title for Ferrari. (I wish)

These are just some of the more recent examples. All this changed at 10:49 UTC on 21st December 2012 when Alex Wurz rewrote history to his own benefit. The above events are just side effects of his altering of the timeline so that he would become the secret leader of the New World Order.
#FreeGonzo
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

I honestly don't know what's happening here, I must be seeing a different page to you. Here are screencaps of what I'm seeing:

Grand Prix:

F1 website™:
Last edited by pasta_maldonado on 27 Oct 2014, 00:04, edited 1 time in total.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

pasta_maldonado wrote:

I honestly don't know what's happening here, I must be seeing a different page to you. Here are screencaps of what I'm seeing:

Grand Prix:

F1 website:

Come on, Ron Dennis smiling that much? That's defenitely fake.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

Enough the troll guys, you can't fool me.......
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

AxelP800 wrote:Enough the troll guys, you can't fool me.......

The doctor called; he said your "sense of humour" bypass was a complete success.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Ataxia wrote:
AxelP800 wrote:Enough the troll guys, you can't fool me.......

The doctor called; he said your "sense of humour" bypass was a complete success.

Did I? ;)
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Apparently some dude called Patrick Freisacher raced in 2005 with Minardi? Anyone have any evidence to prove or disprove this?

Oh and andrew, next you'll be telling us that Toranosuke Takagi didn't come within 2 laps of a glorious 2nd place at the 1999 European Grand Prix...
TORA! TORA! TORA!
andrew

Post by andrew »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:Apparently some dude called Patrick Freisacher raced in 2005 with Minardi? Anyone have any evidence to prove or disprove this?

Oh and andrew, next you'll be telling us that Toranosuke Takagi didn't come within 2 laps of a glorious 2nd place at the 1999 European Grand Prix...

I thaught he nearly won! :lol: :lol:
takagi_for_the_win

andrew wrote:
takagi_for_the_win wrote:Apparently some dude called Patrick Freisacher raced in 2005 with Minardi? Anyone have any evidence to prove or disprove this?

Don't be ridiculous, this is Toranosuke Takagi we're talking about here, not Luca Badoer :P
TORA! TORA! TORA!
andrew

Post by andrew »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:
andrew wrote:

Don't be ridiculous, this is Toranosuke Takagi we're talking about here, not Luca Badoer :P

Ah yes I remember, they crashed into Each over with 2 laps left!
Bobby Doorknobs

andrew wrote:Ah yes I remember, they crashed into Each over with 2 laps left!

And who else but Alex Zanardi came through to win! What a race that was...
#FreeGonzo
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

I think there may have been a 2006 film that may have suggested that that was Jean Giraud in that Minardi. ;) 8-)
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
takagi_for_the_win

andrew wrote:
takagi_for_the_win wrote:Don't be ridiculous, this is Toranosuke Takagi we're talking about here, not Luca Badoer :P

Ah yes I remember, they crashed into Each over with 2 laps left!

I don't know what race you were watching but Takagi clearly had a hydraulics failure.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Well, he did get a brilliant 6th place. When people never noticed you finished the 2005 US Grand Prix, you must be really anonymous. Still more noticeable than Kiesa, though,the only thing i remember from him is 'being Danish'.

-Whilst there are billions of reasons to remember Andrea De Cesaris, his stint at Sauber certainly isn't one of those things. In general, being at Sauber increases your chances of not getting noticed significantly.
-We remember Roberto Moreno because he drove for Andrea Moda, Forti, Coloni, EuroBrun, AGS, Benetton and Lotus. But he also drove for Jordan and Minardi.
-Thierry Boutsen drove for Jordan in 1993. He didn't do anything of interest there.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Bobby Doorknobs

This wrote:In general, being at Sauber increases your chances of not getting noticed significantly.

Unless your name is Kamui Kobayashi. ;) (or Sergio Pérez)
Also, speaking of Jordan, Modena and Gugelmin's time there was very anonymous, so anonymous in fact that neither of them were seen racing an F1 car again. And Ivan Capelli ended his career with them too, achieving... bugger all really...
#FreeGonzo
James1978

Post by James1978 »

I DO remember Nicolas Kiesa because his debut sticks out in my mind because he virtually stopped anytime one of the front runners lapped him. :)
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
Dom_Wings

Post by Dom_Wings »

Andrew, you clearly need some 'sense of humour' lessons. ;)
Join the GPR Discord server! https://discord.com/invite/6YDQ3aV
I forti sopravivono

Post by I forti sopravivono »

Davidson at Minardi somewhere in 2002?
Tomas Enge at Prost
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

Tarso Marques
Even Tarso himself wants to remain anonymous after his disastrous run in Formula One, and after some mediocre results in other racing series he went on to be a designer.

Pedro Chaves
He was just one race short of matching Claudio Langes' record of consecutive DNPQs.Without having this record to his name, his Formula One career ended there.
Meatwad

Post by Meatwad »

Bleu wrote:Some probably forgotten Friday drivers:
Matteo Bobbi, San Marino 2003
Alexandre Premat, China 2006
Ernesto Viso, Brazil 2006
Jan Charouz, Brazil 2011

What about Fairuz Fauzy for Lotus in 2010? I don't think he even crashed the car in any of his appearances!

As for race drivers, I'm afraid Lotterer will join this list. Bathplugging power loss...
noiceinmydrink

Post by noiceinmydrink »

Meatwad wrote:As for race drivers, I'm afraid Lotterer will join this list. Bathplugging power loss...

People are already forgetting that he drove this year, by this rate he'll be looked at as properly anonymous in a year or two's time. Poor guy.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Mexicola wrote:
Meatwad wrote:As for race drivers, I'm afraid Lotterer will join this list. Bathplugging power loss...

People are already forgetting that he drove this year, by this rate he'll be looked at as properly anonymous in a year or two's time. Poor guy.

He's this generations Stéphane Sarrazin.
Just For One Day...
takagi_for_the_win

CoopsII wrote:He's this generations Stéphane Sarrazin.

Who?
TORA! TORA! TORA!
andrew

Post by andrew »

Who?

Lotterer.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Who?

That's showbusiness...
Just For One Day...
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

andrew wrote:

Who?

Lotterer.

404 Error: Humour not found.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Ataxia wrote:
andrew wrote:Lotterer.

404 Error: Humour not found.