Reject of the Race - Bahrain 2015

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Miguel98

Reject of the Race - Bahrain 2015

Post by Miguel98 »

Send in your nominations!

Sebastian Vettel
Renault
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
GerhardTalger

Re: Reject of the Race - Bahrain 2015

Post by GerhardTalger »

1. Renault engines
2. Sauber
AdrianBelmonte_

Post by AdrianBelmonte_ »

1. Pastor Maldonado
2. Toro Rosso

Honourable Mention to Nico Rosberg
#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky
went

Post by went »

1- RBR & Toro Rosso. 2 DNFs and a barbecued engine, luckily one lap late enough. At this rate, they are more likely to get closer to McLaren than to Ferrari.
2- Maldonado: This guy never disappoints. I love him.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Think it's got to go to Renault here. Verstappen had power delivery issues all weekend and had to finish early, Sainz's race was over pretty sharpish too and Ricciardo's engine blew quite spectacularly at the end, harkening back to Button's Honda blowout in Australia 2006.

Could also nominate anyone who nominates Rosberg. The guy had a lot of fight in him today; he overcooked it once, which is the only blot in today's copybook.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Sebastian Vettel - What the bathplug was that? Are we sure Ericsson and Vettel didn't swap places before the race? Or even Diniz and Vettel?

We've come to expect horrendous reliability but the second nomination has to go to Renault really.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Aguaman

Post by Aguaman »

1. Button's weekend - Full stop just horrible
2. Carlos Sainz's race - 5 second penalty for a rule that we barely hear about & a loose wheel nut after his pitstop.

HM - To do those that say classic tracks only give good races. This race was awesome.
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

Jenson Button's McLaren - The car just didn't want to go did it?

Dishonourable mention to People who called the race boring - What?
Last edited by Bobby Doorknobs on 19 Apr 2015, 17:42, edited 1 time in total.
#FreeGonzo
Warren Hughes

Post by Warren Hughes »

Every broken component on Button's car (many of them!). Honourable mention to Toro Rosso for breaking down in a race where no-one else broke down.
Nico Rosberg wrote:Break me down mentally? Good luck with that one.

:roll:
Spectoremg

Post by Spectoremg »

1. The race coverage - everywhere but the action*
2. David C telling us again there's no points for fastest laps.
Sorry, thin stuff in a predictable procession.
*except for the shot of Nick Mason - you can't have too many Pink Floyd moments :)
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

1) Jenson Button's McLaren: That car was plagued with everything wrong that could happen

2)Renault engines: More blownups, and no more excuses for the French motorist

Dishonorable mention to Pastor Maldonado (resorting to his CrashMan alter-ego)

The Mark Webber Syndrome Award goes to Nico Rosberg: Car gremlins are affecting his WDC, and self-steem
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Easily Aron Smith, for ruining Josh Cook's chances of a maiden victory and nearly causing a 5 car pile-up at the Craner Cur...wait, sorry, wrong series. I turned F1 off 10 laps before the end in favour of BTCC, I feel I made the right choice. :P

But yeah, ROTR has to go to Renault. That was pathetic.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Renault: Someone on another forum described their engines as potatoes. Pretty sure that's accurate.
Toro Rosso: Double retirement.
Nico Rosberg: Lewis Hamilton confirmed WDC unless he gets taken out for like 5 races straight... maybe.
My Interest Level: Honestly the only thing that's making me watch the races is that F1 journalism is honestly very enjoyable to read. So much intrigue for such a crap on-track product.

East Londoner wrote:Easily Aron Smith, for ruining Josh Cook's chances of a maiden victory and nearly causing a 5 car pile-up at the Craner Cur...wait, sorry, wrong series. I turned F1 off 10 laps before the end in favour of BTCC, I feel I made the right choice. :P

You made the right choice. My stupid ass didn't, but then again, I make bad decisions a lot...
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

Sebby Vettel. So many mistakes from him, eventually leading to a broken wing and then failing to pass Bottas.

Toro Rosso: Shockingly bad pace from them both a botched pitstop and poor reliability knock them out. Pathetic all round really.

(Honourable mention, Button's car being evil ALL weekend, but loses out on a nomination for not being in the race.)
Message me on Discord.
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Toro Rosso - despite Sainz sneaking into Q3, it was another double DNF for them.
Renault - well done guys.

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
rachel1990

Post by rachel1990 »

Its been a long time coming but Renault for me win it with ANOTHER engine failure. No wonder Red Bull are getting annoyed. It reminds me of the Mercedes issues of 2004.
Benetton of 1992. Never a reject
Meatwad

Post by Meatwad »

Button's McLaren: After his car failed in FP2, I was wondering if Button would manage to complete a single session without the car failing, seemingly for a reason. I hope he enjoyed FP3.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Button's McLaren was pretty pathetic, yeah.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

1. Daniil Kvyat - he reversed into a tiny gravel trap in practice, qualified 10 places behind his teammate on a 20-car grid, and spent the latter part of the race with an out-of-place Williams! Different forums were having an "I told you so" argument about Jean-Eric Vergne's lack of a race seat this year.
2. Button's car - Jenson...... what happened.... to your car?
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

After reading people's reactions to the race, my second nomination has been changed to Those describing the race as a bore-fest. Not the best race granted, certainly not as good as BTCC; but definitely not boring. Were you even watching? :P
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Spectoremg

Post by Spectoremg »

Cynon wrote:Renault: Someone on another forum described their engines as potatoes. Pretty sure that's accurate.
Nico Rosberg: Lewis Hamilton confirmed WDC unless he gets taken out for like 5 races straight... maybe.
My Interest Level: Honestly the only thing that's making me watch the races is that F1 journalism is honestly very enjoyable to read. So much intrigue for such a crap on-track product.

East Londoner wrote:Easily Aron Smith, for ruining Josh Cook's chances of a maiden victory and nearly causing a 5 car pile-up at the Craner Cur...wait, sorry, wrong series. I turned F1 off 10 laps before the end in favour of BTCC, I feel I made the right choice. :P

You made the right choice. My stupid ass didn't, but then again, I make bad decisions a lot...
The Hamilton retirement bit - now there's some gainful employment for the McLarens.
Zergon

Post by Zergon »

I have to give this one to Toro Rosso, not only did they get double DNF but with Verstappen hitting Maldonado (I think) and Sainz getting penalty thanks to being too slow coming into grid (what a dump penalty) they weren´t even close to the points before retiring either.

Dishonorable mention:
Button´s car; Button got to drive one session out from five, it can´t get much worse than that but at least Alonso showed that the team has gone forward again if the car would work.

I was going to mention Massa too but appearantly he had damage on his car thanks to Maldonado (who else!) so guess I give him pass this time.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Spectoremg wrote:*except for the shot of Nick Mason - you can't have too many Pink Floyd moments :)

At first I thought that was Neil Peart, then I realised it was that other prog drummer :P
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Fetzie

Post by Fetzie »

Renault for making engines that are so unreliable we are probably going to see the first excess engine change penalties before Monaco. I would find it hard to nominate anybody with a Renault engine because that engine is so damn unreliable that you can't really be sure if it was them or the engine.

Other than that, Kvyat's reversing into the gravel trap was pretty rejectful, especially given that the car was obviously fast enough to finish in the top 10 (even though Ricciardo would have landed a DNF had the finish line been 100m further down the home straight due to his engine disintegrating into a massive cloud of smoke and shrapnel).
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

I give my ROTR for Vettel. He was lucky to finish the race. Countless mistakes and almost crashed with Bottas.
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
James1978

Post by James1978 »

Massa's strategy - keeping him out on knackered tyres. I actually thought Alonso might get a point!!
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

1. Renault Their performance is woeful slow and unreliable you can expect this from Honda they are a year behind on development but what are Renault doing

2. Kyvat I am not quite sure how he managed to score a points been woeful all weekend spin in practice knocked out in Q1 totally outclassed by Ricciardo
Spectoremg

Post by Spectoremg »

tommykl wrote:
Spectoremg wrote:*except for the shot of Nick Mason - you can't have too many Pink Floyd moments :)

At first I thought that was Neil Peart, then I realised it was that other prog drummer :P
Neil Peart/Nick Mason? Specsavers!
eagleash

Post by eagleash »

McLaren generally (excepting 'Nando's windmill tilting efforts)

Renault engines

Dishon-mench... DC's grid walk and whoever sound engineered the BBC feed...
Last edited by eagleash on 19 Apr 2015, 20:48, edited 1 time in total.
DemocalypseNow wrote: when eagleash of all people says you've gone too far about something you just know that's when to apply the brakes and do a U-turn.
Tank

Post by Tank »

1) Maldonado - surely the TV cameras now follow him out if a sense of morbid curiosity.

2) Button's Mclaren - not even a Button fan, but that was a bit naff.
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

There was two retirements in the race and both were Toro Rossos. While Enoch often gave ROTR for single retirement, I don't think there was that much rejectdom in the race. So my vote goes to STR.
girry

Post by girry »

In all its rejectfulness it has to be Jenson Button's car - however close Renault came thanks to the sheer comedy value of a rare, violent engine explosion on the finish straight, fittingly finishing the day for the Frenchmen
when you're dead people start listening
PeterPegasus

Post by PeterPegasus »

1. Vettel. Wow, a race full of blunders, not to be expected by a 4x WDC.
2. Renault. Made for a dramatic finish, but still. RBR's moaning seems to get legitimized.
tBone

Post by tBone »

I'm going to nominate Toro Rosso. The only thing that went quite good was Sainz's qualifying. The rest of both his and Verstappen's weekend were way below par.

Dishonourable mentions are given to Maldonado for being Crashtor again, Button's car for rejectful malfunctioning and the Sauber wheel nuts for ruining a rare race where Ericsson outperformed Nasr (slightly).
YOUR
LOGO

Here
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

Renault....

I want the V8s back :(
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

Toro Rosso and Vettel, both just making it look like everything good they'd done so far had never happened.
sw3ishida wrote:Jolyon Palmer brought us closer as a couple, for which I am grateful.

Ataxia wrote:
Londoner wrote:Something I've thought about - what happens to our canon should we have a worldwide recession or some other outside event?

We'll be fine. It's Canon, non Kodak.
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Cynon wrote:Renault: Someone on another forum described their engines as potatoes. Pretty sure that's accurate.

If you're bored of a late Kimi Raikkonen charge, you are bored of life. If you want to watch bumper cars instead, be my guest. :P

Maldonado pulled some antics today (wrong grid slot, stalling the car on the pitlane speed limiter), Renault had a day to forget, and Kvyat and Hulkenberg got embarrassed by their team mates. However, Button's car is the poorest excuse for a piece of F1 machinery I've seen in a long time and hence is my pick for the ROTR.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Spectoremg wrote:
tommykl wrote:

Neil Peart/Nick Mason? Specsavers!

Oh come on, they look relatively similar ;)
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

tommykl wrote:Oh come on, they look relatively similar ;)

They do, to be fair.
#FreeGonzo
Spectoremg

Post by Spectoremg »

Simtek wrote:
tommykl wrote:Oh come on, they look relatively similar ;)

They do, to be fair.

If one of you guys can post pictures, would you do so for comparison... and then nip down to that famous high street opticians?