1982 Virtual Formula 1 season - Confirm your entries

Archive for the three above subforums
AustralianStig

Re: 1982 Virtual Formula 1 season - Confirm your entries

Post by AustralianStig »

pi314159 wrote:I'm currently trying to figure out a good way for engine manufacturers to earn money. My idea would be to give everyone apart from BRM (they're a joke engine anyway), around 2-3 million for 1982, since everyone is out of money, and introduce an achievements system to earn further cash, so they get a list of goals, and an amount of money they get for achieving these goals. I'd like some feedback from the people running engine manufacturers before introducing it.

That sounds fair to me.
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

I always knew Marko read this forum.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Yeah Nuppiz, time to get a decent manufacturer for your engines :P For example Honda.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

pi314159 wrote:I'm currently trying to figure out a good way for engine manufacturers to earn money. My idea would be to give everyone apart from BRM (they're a joke engine anyway), around 2-3 million for 1982, since everyone is out of money, and introduce an achievements system to earn further cash, so they get a list of goals, and an amount of money they get for achieving these goals. I'd like some feedback from the people running engine manufacturers before introducing it.

I would be ok with this, as it gives us something to play for. It will also mix up the way engine players play a bit I think (all the engines last year were pretty much all the same design wise.). Another way could be to introduce a separate prize money pool for engines, but that's fairly unrealistic as you would have to have a WEC lol.
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
Whiteshore

Post by Whiteshore »

Pi31419, are you still there?
Unafraid of the papaya!
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

Whiteshore wrote:Pi31419, are you still there?

I'm sure he is, but we're all wondering why you are.
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

I always knew Marko read this forum.
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

Whiteshore wrote:Pi314159, are you still there?

Be patient, some people around here have lives. And I'd be careful about bumping a thread in this manner in future; people don't like that and it could get you a ban given your previous behaviour in this thread.
#FreeGonzo
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Whiteshore wrote:Pi31419, are you still there?

Yes, I am still there. Just three days have passed since the deadline. I don't really have much spare time at the moment, so the series is currently running somewhat slower.

You have rushed into this series without reading the rules, or asking where you can find them. You have continued to ignore them and acted as if you had an entry when you didn't have one. And you have not only done it here, but in tommykl's Alt-1956 too.

I'll take you off the waiting list for now. You can reapply if you have proven in another series that you can manage a team. The teams currently open in this championship are established top/upper midfield teams, and I'd rather have someone manage them who has previously successfully managed a team.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

As I mentioned in the chat, I would like to give up Williams to a user who will have more time than myself to make Williams successful.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

For those wondering about a lack of progress, this series is currently on hold until the Wiki is back.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.