You have got to be bathplugging kidding me...

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
TomWazzleshaw

You have got to be bathplugging kidding me...

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80330
We need the publicocrapometer for this
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
CarlosFerreira

Re: You have got to be bathplugging kidding me...

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Wizzie wrote:http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80330

"... and the reading is going through the roof, ladies and gentlemen!".

Come on, hadn't Donington gone into administration last week? Sort of bankrupt?
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Yeah the company which was currently holding Donnington when into administration last week... the more this goes on the more and more likely the British GP won't go ahead next season and the less and less likely we'll face the worst gp coverage ever. :mrgreen:
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Collieafc

Post by Collieafc »

I hope it gets sorted quickly, purely as me and a few mates are wanting to go next year (seeing as its the first time since 2007 that we have money to spare)

I think its just being kept alive by Bernie so he can get more favourable terms from Silverstone... :?
DanielPT wrote:Life usually expires after 400 meters and always before reaching 2 laps or so. In essence, Life is short.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

If they say so...
mario

Post by mario »

CarlosFerreira wrote:
Wizzie wrote:http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80330

"... and the reading is going through the roof, ladies and gentlemen!".

Come on, hadn't Donington gone into administration last week? Sort of bankrupt?

I can hear the publiciocrap meter beeping away from here. Yes, the holding company is currently in administration, with considerable debts. Somehow, Gillett believes that not only will an external investor choose to buy the track, raise the funds that he couldn't, followed by finishing the works in less than a year, convince Bernie that they can run the race and sign the contract under the noses of the BRDC. After all that, all I want to know is what the hell is he smoking?
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
hclw

Post by hclw »

I'm all in favour of Donington getting the GP. I mean, we are all bored of the Tilke tracks with their new modern facilities, large run-off areas and 10mph corners. Donington would provide a welcome change to all this, with its incomplete and torn up track providing a host of new challenges. Could Alonso navigate the giant potholes on the straight? How would the floor and suspension of the Williams cope with the off-road sections of the circuit? And the deep, water filled ditches on the outside of the corners would punish (i.e. kill) any driver who makes a mistake. Romain Gosjean would be on an operating table before the end of the first practise session.

In todays bland and tepid world of F1, Donington would be a very exciting indeed.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

hclw wrote:I'm all in favour of Donington getting the GP. I mean, we are all bored of the Tilke tracks with their new modern facilities, large run-off areas and 10mph corners. Donington would provide a welcome change to all this, with its incomplete and torn up track providing a host of new challenges. Could Alonso navigate the giant potholes on the straight? How would the floor and suspension of the Williams cope with the off-road sections of the circuit? And the deep, water filled ditches on the outside of the corners would punish (i.e. kill) any driver who makes a mistake. Romain Gosjean would be on an operating table before the end of the first practise session.

In todays bland and tepid world of F1, Donington would be a very exciting indeed.

And that's why, if it makes into it, it will be severely rehashed to stand safety regulations (i.e. another boring, bland circuit)
Waris

Post by Waris »

If you look "postpone" up in the dictionary, there's a picture of Simon Gillett there.
I mean seriously, extending a deadline beyond the point where it's not funny anymore is one thing, but claiming a race could still be held AFTER the deadline has actually past? That's just plain... retarded (this word, in its most literal meaning, actually describes pretty well what you should call it).
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS