2018 Indy World Series, Indy 500 Pole Day up!

Archive for the three above subforums
AxelP800

2018 Indy World Series, Indy 500 Pole Day up!

Post by AxelP800 »

I've been given the mandate to run IndyCar series in this canon. Since the 2017's result or things are still unclear, I've been told to go to 2018 directly, so I welcomes you: Indy World Series!

We will use Dallara DW12 with the aero kits (no difference in performance), Firestone tires and V6 Turbo engine. Race around USA with some trips to the outside countries, the series is expanding.

Rules:
Race lengths/duration:
Street Circuits: racing from 155 to 175 miles, or 1 hour 45 minutes. (SC may applied)
Road courses: ranging from 175 to 200 miles, or 2 hours.(SC may applied)
Short oval: 225 miles, or 2 hours 15 minutes (SC applied).
1.5 miles speedways: from 500k to 550k, or 2 hours 30 minutes (SC applied).
2 miles and 2.5 superspeedways: 500 miles, or 4 hours except Indy (SC applied).

Teams:
Using real-world IndyCar system, though I limit a team to have a maximum of 3 full-time cars and 5 one-offs entries at any rounds. Teams can choose any aero kits they want, and can rebadge their engines.

Numbers:
0, 2-999, 1 reserved for champion, no 666 number.

Point system: 40-37-34-32-30-28-27-26-25-24-23-22-21-20-19-18-17-16-15-14-13-12-11-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
1 point for quali and FL
Drivers: Can be real-life or canon.

Calendar: http://formularejects.com/wiki/2018_Ind ... ries#Races

Entry list
http://formularejects.com/wiki/2018_Ind ... _and_Teams
Last edited by AxelP800 on 16 May 2016, 17:58, edited 22 times in total.
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
Ataxia
Not Important

Re: 2018 Indy World Series

Post by Ataxia »

Just a couple of things, it all looks good at the moment.

I think using the standard Indycar points system as it stands would be good; double points for the Indy 500, maybe not for any other races. As for visiting Canada, maybe Road Gatineau could be an option?

Hermanos Rodriguez or Fundidora Park could be options if you wanted to go to Mexico.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Ataxia wrote:Just a couple of things, it all looks good at the moment.

I think using the standard Indycar points system as it stands would be good; double points for the Indy 500, maybe not for any other races. As for visiting Canada, maybe Road Gatineau could be an option?

Hermanos Rodriguez or Fundidora Park could be options if you wanted to go to Mexico.

Hermanos Rodriguez is the better option, since F1 uses Fundidora Park.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

What exactly is "world tour"? Is it that track made from bits and pieces of other tracks? If yes, I'd suggest to drop it. Maybe use Toronto instead. Or Surfers Paradise.

I agree with Ataxia regarding the points system. Double points for Indianapolis only. And probably allow more than 5 one-offs for Indy.

Limit the grid size to 33 cars. I'd suggest to allow up to sixteen full-time team entries. And maybe only allow two full-time cars per team, to allow more people to participate in this series.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

I think really we should be looking at maybe 3 Canadian races - Toronto, Vancouver, and probably Montreal/Road Gatineau if that. I would also prefer a round in Mexico as the second race on the schedule. Also, I'm not a fan of having the 2-mile D-ovals clustered at the back end of the season - move either Fontana or TWS to the beginning of the season. Also maybe add in trips to Surfer's Paradise, Rockingham UK and Eurospeedway Lausitz? I'm also not sold on Road Atlanta being a good track for single seaters.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Salamander wrote:I think really we should be looking at maybe 3 Canadian races - Toronto, Vancouver, and probably Montreal/Road Gatineau if that. I would also prefer a round in Mexico as the second race on the schedule. Also, I'm not a fan of having the 2-mile D-ovals clustered at the back end of the season - move either Fontana or TWS to the beginning of the season. Also maybe add in trips to Surfer's Paradise, Rockingham UK and Eurospeedway Lausitz? I'm also not sold on Road Atlanta being a good track for single seaters.

I'm with you on most counts, but I seem to remember Road Atlanta was a lot of fun in AR2.0NA. Maybe can it if there's not enough room.

Everything else looks okay at this moment, my only other suggestion would be to order things in the calendar so you move in one way. Start in Brazil, up through Mexico, into California (or Arizona first if we're having Phoenix), around the top, into Canada, drop back into the Indy races, and then drop down the Eastern seaboard to finish at either TWS or COTA.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

pi314159 wrote:What exactly is "world tour"? Is it that track made from bits and pieces of other tracks? If yes, I'd suggest to drop it. Maybe use Toronto instead. Or Surfers Paradise.

I agree with Ataxia regarding the points system. Double points for Indianapolis only. And probably allow more than 5 one-offs for Indy.

Limit the grid size to 33 cars. I'd suggest to allow up to sixteen full-time team entries. And maybe only allow two full-time cars per team, to allow more people to participate in this series.

More than 5 one-offs sounds good for me. Just bring all of them. For the 16 teams, two cars I will have to think, since I think the current real-world's IndyCar looks good with a bit of excess.

"World tour" I mean is 2 or 3 races outside Americas region which I'm still considering the locations. Rockingham UK, Lausitz sounds good.

Salamander wrote:I think really we should be looking at maybe 3 Canadian races - Toronto, Vancouver, and probably Montreal/Road Gatineau if that. I would also prefer a round in Mexico as the second race on the schedule. Also, I'm not a fan of having the 2-mile D-ovals clustered at the back end of the season - move either Fontana or TWS to the beginning of the season. Also maybe add in trips to Surfer's Paradise, Rockingham UK and Eurospeedway Lausitz? I'm also not sold on Road Atlanta being a good track for single seaters.

Surfers Paradise may do, just hope I can improve the existing ones in rF. For the strange way of calendar right now is due to me creating the calendar while designing the route through maps in Photoshop, without really considering the circuit type! My bad.

I also encourage you to enter real-life teams and to make sure the current big teams is included
tommykl has a stroke
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

AxelP800 wrote:Surfers Paradise may do, just hope I can improve the existing ones in rF. For the strange way of calendar right now is due to me creating the calendar while designing the route through maps in Photoshop, without really considering the circuit type! My bad.

That's fine, but I think it can still work mostly if you have TWS or Fontana as the first race back in the US after, say Mexico.

AxelP800 wrote:I also encourage you to enter real-life teams and to make sure the current big teams is included

Totally agree, it's been weird having IndyCar without Penske/Ganassi/Andretti...
Everything's great.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Axel wrote:
Salamander wrote:...move either Fontana or TWS to the beginning of the season. Also maybe add in trips to Surfer's Paradise, Rockingham UK and Eurospeedway Lausitz? I'm also not sold on Road Atlanta being a good track for single seaters.

Surfers Paradise may do, just hope I can improve the existing ones in rF. For the strange way of calendar right now is due to me creating the calendar while designing the route through maps in Photoshop, without really considering the circuit type! My bad.

I also encourage you to enter real-life teams and to make sure the current big teams is included

I would ask you to not do Surfers Paradise, if you do not mind. While Indy and F1 are not as much in competition as ARWS and F1, I would like to keep the overlay track-wise as small as possible, especially with street circuits. Albert Park has nothing going on, you can grab that.

Hermanos Rodriguez is the better option, since F1 uses Fundidora Park.

I have actually switched this season, but I would not object to Indy using Mexico as well, as long as we avoid the logical conflict of the 2015 layout existing at the same time as the 2006 one.
Last edited by Klon on 11 Jan 2016, 23:48, edited 1 time in total.
Pinkd56
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Pinkd56 »

I would be a +1 for Rockingham or Lausitz. For a flyaway street race - how about the Valencia F1 track?
Normal32

Post by Normal32 »

I am ok with most of it. I think there is a Baku F1 track in rFactor, so, how about that? Otherwise, pretty sure Potrero De Los Funes exists if you are looking for a Argentinian race.
Pasta_maldonado wrote:I think normal32 is an old English farmer re-incarnated
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Klon wrote:Albert Park has nothing going on, you can grab that.

AutoReject 3.5 says hello.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Nuppiz wrote:
Klon wrote:Albert Park has nothing going on, you can grab that.

AutoReject 3.5 says hello.

Isn't it cute when minor leagues think they are hot shite? :P
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

Idea for Australia:
Adelaide Street
Adelaide International Raceway (Oval)
Bathurst
Joint weekend with F1 at Surfers
tommykl has a stroke
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

AxelP800 wrote:Idea for Australia:
Adelaide Street
Bathurst

I'd prefer Adelaide Street.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
Normal32

Post by Normal32 »

AxelP800 wrote:Idea for Australia:
Adelaide Street
Bathurst

I would also prefer Adelaide Street.
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

AxelP800 wrote:Bathurst

Do you want drivers to die? :P
#FreeGonzo
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Uhhh, ARWS already races at Adelaide, so if the idea of going there is to avoid clashing with a major series, that's probably not gonna work. Just go with Melbourne, it's been terribly underused.
Everything's great.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Salamander wrote:Uhhh, ARWS already races at Adelaide, so if the idea of going there is to avoid clashing with a major series, that's probably not gonna work. Just go with Melbourne, it's been terribly underused.

Yeah, I'd back Melbourne. Bathurst's in ARWS as well, so avoiding those two would be best.

...although personally, I'd rather not dip outside the Americas.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Salamander wrote:Uhhh, ARWS already races at Adelaide, so if the idea of going there is to avoid clashing with a major series, that's probably not gonna work. Just go with Melbourne, it's been terribly underused.

If you do this, you should move the date to March coinciding with AR 3.5 (I don't really mind if there's another series "sharing" the track). Would make more sense than having the same street circuit rebuilt twice a year.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

I don't think we can fit another race at Calder Park can we?
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

Normal32

Post by Normal32 »

There is also Penrith Speedway (read: Oran Park)
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

Ataxia wrote:

Yeah, I'd back Melbourne. Bathurst's in ARWS as well, so avoiding those two would be best.

...although personally, I'd rather not dip outside the Americas.

OMG! I successfully forgot that fact :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Miguel98 wrote:I don't think we can fit another race at Calder Park can we?

That's also under consideration

Also: How should I treat Long Beach?
tommykl has a stroke
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

Since I'm still busy with school stuffs, expect this to start rolling in mid-March or mid-April. Anyway I will actually open the entry list now. You can enter full time team of maximum three cars. For one-offs, entry limit on a single race will be 40, except Indy 500 and some races which is TBA. Calendar: http://formularejects.com/wiki/2018_Ind ... ries#Races.

Cars is DW12 with aero kits and engine from Chevy and Honda. Template from here: http://vsmotorsportsmodding.webnode.com ... 5-vsm-mod/
Don't worry, a guy or two has made the complete 2015 livery with this mod.

Entry form:
For fulltime
Team name: (All in USA just like IndyCar)
Amount of cars: 1-3
Driver, his number:
Driver, his number:
Driver, his number:
Aero kit:

For Carpenter/Conway-nitis and part-time
Team name: (All in USA just like IndyCar)
Amount of cars: 1-3
Driver, his number, rounds:
Aero kit:

And: Do you agree if Indy 500 have more than 33 cars starting? Like 42?
tommykl has a stroke
Normal32

Re: 2018 Indy World Series, Open entry

Post by Normal32 »

Entry form:
For fulltime:
Team name: EuroInternational
Amount of cars: 2
Driver, his number: RC Enerson, 42
Driver, his number: Jack Harvey, 43
Aero kit: Chevrolet

Team name: Lazier Partners Racing
Amount of cars: 1
Driver, his number, rounds: Buddy Lazier, 99, Indy 500
Aero kit: Honda

An extra car for Euro International, Indy 500 only
Driver, his number, rounds: Shad Griffith, 75, Indy 500

Team name: Juncos Racing
Driver, his number, rounds: Hiro Reiku Tamanaka (fictional driver, rookie), 0, Rio, Mexico, Indy, Rockingham, Lausitz
Last edited by Normal32 on 14 Feb 2016, 15:50, edited 1 time in total.
Dexter249

Post by Dexter249 »

For fulltime
Team name: (All in USA just like IndyCar) Genesis USA
Driver, his number: Ryan Pritchard (CAN) - 64
Driver, his number: Daniel Evans (USA)- 65

Team name: (All in USA just like IndyCar) Real Deal Racing
Driver, his number, rounds: Bill Jones (USA) - 56
Last edited by Dexter249 on 14 Feb 2016, 16:31, edited 1 time in total.
FIAT Group, finding loopholes in the FIA rulebook since it's inception.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Team name: Chip Ganassi Racing
Amount of cars: 3
Driver, his number: Conor Daly (USA), #8
Driver, his number: Scott Dixon (NZL), #9
Driver, his number: Daniil Kvyat (RUS), #10
Pinkd56
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Pinkd56 »

Entry form:
Fulltime
Team name: MKS:GP
Driver, his number: TBA, #23
Driver, his number: TBA, #156
Driver, his number: TBA, #94
Last edited by Pinkd56 on 14 Feb 2016, 15:30, edited 1 time in total.
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Entry form:
For fulltime
Team name: Penske Racing
Driver, his number: Mitch Evans, 2
Driver, his number: Simon Pagenaud, 12
Driver, his number: Jack Christopherson

Entry form:
Team name: Lotto Racing
Driver, his number, rounds: Diogo Pereira (will do half) (street circuits), 31; Marie SImon, (will do rest of the calendar) (street circuits); Thomas De Bock, 31 (Indy 500)
Last edited by Miguel98 on 18 Feb 2016, 21:01, edited 8 times in total.

Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

Entry form:
For fulltime
Team name: Dayle Coyne Racing
Driver, his number: Ryan Hunter-Reay (USA), #19
Driver, his number: Felix Serralles (PRI), #44
Driver, his number: TBA, #68
Last edited by Peteroli34 on 15 Feb 2016, 20:10, edited 3 times in total.
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

Btw I demand you PLEASE read the previous post carefully to avoid same number. PLEASE.

*Calm mode back*

Dexter249 wrote:For fulltime
Driver, his number: Ryan Pritchard - 64
Driver, his number: Daniel Evans - 65

Driver, his number, rounds: Bill Jones - 56

That Real Deal is for Indy, right?

Myself
Team name: Caraxl Racing
Driver, his number: Stephan Generic, 014
Driver, his number: David Tenpecost, 500

Part-time for Indy 500
Team name: thesantipa (supported by Caraxl Racing)
Amount of cars: 4
Driver, his number, rounds: Rui Onorio, 780
Driver, his number, rounds: Iolu Natuman, 796
Driver, his number, rounds: Hatohobei Dengiilei, 064
Driver, his number, rounds: Kuresa Semisi, 019
Aero kit: Chevy
Last edited by AxelP800 on 14 Feb 2016, 16:00, edited 4 times in total.
tommykl has a stroke
Dexter249

Post by Dexter249 »

AxelP800 wrote:Btw I demand you PLEASE read the previous post carefully to avoid same number. PLEASE.

*Calm mode back*

Dexter249 wrote:For fulltime
Driver, his number: Ryan Pritchard - 64
Driver, his number: Daniel Evans - 65

Driver, his number, rounds: Bill Jones - 56

That Real Deal is for Indy, right?

Yes indy only
FIAT Group, finding loopholes in the FIA rulebook since it's inception.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Team name: Sentinel Motorsport
Driver, his number, rounds: Dave Anderson (USA) - #34, races 1-7 and 17-21 (Indy 500 included)

:)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Entry form:
For fulltime
Team name: Mazzacane Motosport
Amount of cars: 2 fulltime, 1 part-time
Driver, his number: TBA
Driver, his number: TBA
#39 José Pablo Mazzacane (ARG), Indy only.
Gonzalez

Post by Gonzalez »

Entry form:
For fulltime
Team name: Carrera Granada
Elena Madrid: Number TBA, (ESP)
Naas Botha, TBA number: TBA, (ISO)
Last edited by Gonzalez on 14 Feb 2016, 21:03, edited 2 times in total.
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

Okay, okay since now we have FIVE three cars full time teams, no more three car full time, thanks.
And one user is limited to 4 cars of one-offs in a race
tommykl has a stroke
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

One off Indy 500.

Team name: Katayama Racing
Kenji Katayama, 88
Kyoko Katayama, 808
Shinobu Katayama, 888
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

Team name: Union Saver Developments
Driver, his number: Juan Pablo Montoya #5
Driver, his number: Matteo Vasquez #6
Last edited by SeedStriker on 14 Feb 2016, 19:22, edited 1 time in total.
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

I'm encouraging you to run some of the remaining real-life teams with real life drivers
tommykl has a stroke
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Ataxia wrote:Team name: Chip Ganassi Racing
Driver, his number: Conor Daly (USA), #8
Driver, his number: Scott Dixon (NZL), #9
Driver, his number: Daniil Kvyat (RUS), #10

Scott Dixon is driving in F1 Taxi. :P