2018/19 Free Agency: Open season

The place for current RWRS universe and "canon" historical series
DemocalypseNow

Re: 2018/19 Free Agency: Open season

Post by DemocalypseNow »

AdrianBelmonte_ wrote:Sorry for the doubleposting in first place, but, what happened with the offers me and some people sent for Pietronella?

It's as simple as I forgot about them, so let's go;

Pietronella Addiks
Out of nowhere, Pietronella has not one, but two, offers to continue her career. They are at two different levels though, one at the same level as her previous employment in AR 2.0, while the other is a step up to AR 3.5 with series newcomers FXS.
1-70 FXS 3.5
71-100 Genesis F3
32. After wondering if she'd ever get another chance even in 2.0, a bolt from the blue gives her promotion to 3.5!

Adoni Okalani
Okalani was looking similarly frozen out of single seaters, and ready to give up his racing ambitions. Suddenly, one of the big guns of American motorsport, Andretti Autosport, have offered him a contract. Too good to be true, surely!
1-99 Accepts
100 Assumes this is a prank by his mates and ignores the offer
12. A move back to his home country for F3 Americas with racing giants Andretti.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Pinkd56
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Pinkd56 »

I understand that Valentino Nicchi is without a DEC holder - I'd be willing to take him on and break him into F1 when the time is right, as well as putting transitioning him into his later racing years.

If anyone has objections, then obviously let me know.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Pinkd56 wrote:I understand that Valentino Nicchi is without a DEC holder - I'd be willing to take him on and break him into F1 when the time is right, as well as putting transitioning him into his later racing years.

If anyone has objections, then obviously let me know.

Alright, the 72 hour bid period has begun and ends at 0029 GMT on 07/04/2018. If no counter-offers are submitted by this moment, Valentino Nicchi's DEC will transfer to Pinkd56.

Image Image
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

With AndreaModa going AWOL and not responding to attempted contact, I'd like to petition to have Gary Pacer - originally my DEC - transferred back to myself.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

With AndreaModa and Super and Normal gone, there are a few drivers that should go available inmediately.

It's in the best interest of ARWS that some drivers are sorted out before the beginning of the new season, specially the following:

Terry Hawkin
Kenan Ardaoglu
Shinobu Katayama
Jean Luc Schiller -if I'm mistaken regarding his DEC let me know-
Danny van Rijkens

Any late changes in already confirmed lineups will be allowed to accomodate any of these drivers and other drivers from said users that may be eligible to run in the series
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

Well in that case would EVR would like to offer a race drive fro the 2020 AWRS season. to the following drivers in order of preference

Terry Hawkin
Kenan Ardouglu
Danny Van Rijkens

Although if all of them would like to join the team in sure we could accommodate them in some capacity
Last edited by Peteroli34 on 18 Aug 2018, 12:49, edited 1 time in total.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Aerond wrote:Kenan Ardaoglu

With SuperAguri out of the picture, I request that this DEC is returned to me, the original creator.
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

I'll remind that, technically, Hawkin was under contract for this season: just AndreaModa never confirmed if he wanted him to stay or not.

Fusion offer Hawkin the continuation of the contract he had to run until the end of the season.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Voeckler Renault offers the role of Senior Test & Reserve Driver to the following drivers in this order;
Kenan Ardaoglu
Shinobu Katayama

JC Arden would like to hire Nakaguri Morioka for F3 European.

Image Image
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Knowing that Terry Hawkin has had a difficult season in ARWS, Melrose Racing Team feels that the opportunistic short-term offers for him will do him no favours as a driver at all. Instead, we will offer him an initial four-year deal with the organisation to allow him to recover and develop as a driver, the terms of which are as follows:

- Lead driver of the #73 MRT in the 2020 FIA EC Championship, partnering Evgeny Restov and a yet-to-be named third driver
- Nominal reserve driver for the MRT ARWS team for 2020 alongside Jean-Vincent Albertini and Evgeny Restov
- Three year race deal with the MRT ARWS team, covering the 2021-2023 seasons inclusive, with an additional two-year option at the end of the 2023 season
- Available to be on loan for the 2020 Indianapolis 500 should he want to participate in that race
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Plus One Racing Engineering offer Raven Roth a place on Plus One's driver programme and a seat in AutoReject 3.5 for 2020.
Gonzalez

Post by Gonzalez »

With F3 currently in limbo and assuming this was owned by Normal, Fujibayashi would like to offer Riley Griffith to race in F2 for 2020.
Pinkd56
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Pinkd56 »

I'd like to bid for Laurent Gauthier (basically so I can have a bit of a hold on the Gauthier family) and Takuma Nakamura (so I can aim him towards Super GT/Super Formula)
Dom_Wings

Post by Dom_Wings »

Regarding Terry Hawkin, depending on the future of the FIA Endurance Championship, I am available to giving him a seat at Team Mugen for the 2020 Super Formula championship giving him the opportunity to race against some of the best drivers in the world (or at least Japan).

P.S. How come Björn Stenger is listed as having no DEC in the Google Doc? I can take him if he does indeed not have a DEC.
Last edited by Dom_Wings on 15 Sep 2018, 17:17, edited 2 times in total.
Join the GPR Discord server! https://discord.com/invite/6YDQ3aV
Gertrand Bachot

Post by Gertrand Bachot »

I wish to make a bid for the ownership of Harvey Jones (so he gets a better chance of making a career in 70s Alt-F1, and also due to my use of him in the BRDC International Trophy).
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

(Deleted)
Last edited by CaptainGetz12 on 16 Sep 2018, 00:10, edited 1 time in total.
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

CaptainGetz12 wrote:Malik Zidan and Massimo Torelli wish to stay in Formula 3, either in Europe or Asia. They are also open to other inquiries, including AR 3.5, Super Formula and test driver roles for F2.

This thread is for transferring driver DECs, but as you wish to keep hold of them, your post does not belong here.

:vergne:
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
CaptainGetz12 wrote:Malik Zidan and Massimo Torelli wish to stay in Formula 3, either in Europe or Asia. They are also open to other inquiries, including AR 3.5, Super Formula and test driver roles for F2.

This thread is for transferring driver DECs, but as you wish to keep hold of them, your post does not belong here.

:vergne:

Noted, I've deleted the post.
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

I would like to place a bid on Ione Wilkerson to race one of the two Calinetic Junior seat's in F3. This deal will guarantee Calinetic will find her a seat in F2 for 2021 (depending on performance) and may lead to a future F1 drive.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Miguel98 wrote:I would like to place a bid on Ione Wilkerson to race one of the two Calinetic Junior seat's in F3. This deal will guarantee Calinetic will find her a seat in F2 for 2021 (depending on performance) and may lead to a future F1 drive.

If anyone has any counter-bids for Ione Wilkerson, please post them now, otherwise the DEC will be transferred to Miguel98.
kevinbotz

Post by kevinbotz »

CWG shall submit a bid for Ione Wilkerson's DEC; pursuant to its very close association with ART Grand Prix, CWG will be able to guarantee Ms. Wilkerson an F3 drive with ART Grand Prix for 2020, and opens the possibility for a later promotion to F2 with the same outfit for 2021, should results be forthcoming. Given CWG's expansive reach, other opportunities, such as one-off drives at the Indy 500 and Le Mans, may become available in the future as well.
Klon, on Alt-F1 wrote: I like to think it's more poker than gambling, though.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

For storyline purposes and to safeguard her position in Formula One, I request that Isabella Noriko's DEC be transferred to myself.
Dom_Wings

Post by Dom_Wings »

Reject_Dom wrote:Regarding Terry Hawkin, depending on the future of the FIA Endurance Championship, I am available to giving him a seat at Team Mugen for the 2020 Super Formula championship giving him the opportunity to race against some of the best drivers in the world (or at least Japan).

Victoria Desai will be given the same offer.

I'd also like to lodge a DEC bid for Andrej Kremnicky, Rayyan Amirmoez and Andrej Benes.

Kremnicky = would like to get him an ARWS seat as soon as possible, however other series (F1/F2, IndyCar, SF) also possible
Amirmoez = likely an F3 drive for 2020.
Benes = depends on the future of Group B Rallycross, but he is young so maybe a future career in touring cars or GTs?

Also: does Jean-Luc Schiller have a DEC?
Last edited by Dom_Wings on 16 Sep 2018, 16:18, edited 1 time in total.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

So, here we go:

Terry Hawkin -- >
1-70 --> Stays at Fusion
71-85 --> Accepts EVR offer
86-99 --> Accepts MRT offer
100 --> Goes to Japan

RNG: 12 --> Stays at Fusion

Kenan Ardaoglu --> Goes back to Klon as requested. The driver requests to his agency to get a seat in ARWS.
Shinobu Katayama --> Joins Voeckler as a senior test and reserve driver
Danny van Rijkens --> Accepts the offer from EVR
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Gonzalez wrote:With F3 currently in limbo and assuming this was owned by Normal, Fujibayashi would like to offer Riley Griffith to race in F2 for 2020.

Griffith is competing in F3 this season for Prema so she is not available for F2.
Gertrand Bachot

Post by Gertrand Bachot »

I shall thus make a bid for Griffiths' DEC, as she is at Prema, with a guarantee of a promotion to the F2 team in 2021/22 (provided that becomes a thing again).
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Gertrand Bachot wrote:I shall thus make a bid for Griffiths' DEC, as she is at Prema, with a guarantee of a promotion to the F2 team in 2021/22 (provided that becomes a thing again).

If anyone has any counter-offers for Griffith, please make them known.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Ione Wilkerson RNG

Miguel98 wrote:I would like to place a bid on Ione Wilkerson to race one of the two Calinetic Junior seat's in F3. This deal will guarantee Calinetic will find her a seat in F2 for 2021 (depending on performance) and may lead to a future F1 drive.

kevinbotz wrote:CWG shall submit a bid for Ione Wilkerson's DEC; pursuant to its very close association with ART Grand Prix, CWG will be able to guarantee Ms. Wilkerson an F3 drive with ART Grand Prix for 2020, and opens the possibility for a later promotion to F2 with the same outfit for 2021, should results be forthcoming. Given CWG's expansive reach, other opportunities, such as one-off drives at the Indy 500 and Le Mans, may become available in the future as well.

Ione is pleased to have two competitive offers for her services, but she feels that an organisation like CWG has more influence in the motorsport world, and would love to drive for the established ART team.

1-70 CWG
71-100 Calinetic
64!

Ione Wilkerson's DEC is henceforth transferred to kevinbotz with immediate effect.
Gonzalez

Post by Gonzalez »

I was going to delete my post regarding Griffith but oh well. I shall leave Griffith in her place she was signed for at first.
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

Dawson GP would like to offer Victoria Desai to join the team as official reserve driver role, With her jumping in to fill for any of our race drivers should they be unable to do so. With Potential to step up to a race seat in 2021 Victoria will also be free to use her services in other series during her tenure with Dawson.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

DemocalypseNow wrote:The RNG ranges of the bids will be affected by the following things; the quality of the offer (Is it with a top team? Is the team using proven equipment? Are they offering something that rivals can't?), the duration of the offer (Is it full time or part time? Will it be a multi-year deal with a top team offering job security?), the appropriateness of the offer (why would I want to do rallycross when I have 5 years junior experience? I want to be in top level open wheel!), and the level of detail in the offer (OK, you told me your name and what series you want, but you didn't tell me what kind of car I will be driving? I prefer to go with an offer where I know exactly what I'm getting into).

Wizzie wrote:Knowing that Terry Hawkin has had a difficult season in ARWS, Melrose Racing Team feels that the opportunistic short-term offers for him will do him no favours as a driver at all. Instead, we will offer him an initial four-year deal with the organisation to allow him to recover and develop as a driver, the terms of which are as follows:

- Lead driver of the #73 MRT in the 2020 FIA EC Championship, partnering Evgeny Restov and a yet-to-be named third driver
- Nominal reserve driver for the MRT ARWS team for 2020 alongside Jean-Vincent Albertini and Evgeny Restov
- Three year race deal with the MRT ARWS team, covering the 2021-2023 seasons inclusive, with an additional two-year option at the end of the 2023 season
- Available to be on loan for the 2020 Indianapolis 500 should he want to participate in that race

Aerond wrote:So, here we go:

Terry Hawkin -- >
1-70 --> Stays at Fusion
100 --> Goes to Japan

Am I the only one that thinks something doesn't add up here?
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
kevinbotz

Post by kevinbotz »

Wizzie wrote:
DemocalypseNow wrote:The RNG ranges of the bids will be affected by the following things; the quality of the offer (Is it with a top team? Is the team using proven equipment? Are they offering something that rivals can't?), the duration of the offer (Is it full time or part time? Will it be a multi-year deal with a top team offering job security?), the appropriateness of the offer (why would I want to do rallycross when I have 5 years junior experience? I want to be in top level open wheel!), and the level of detail in the offer (OK, you told me your name and what series you want, but you didn't tell me what kind of car I will be driving? I prefer to go with an offer where I know exactly what I'm getting into).

Wizzie wrote:Knowing that Terry Hawkin has had a difficult season in ARWS, Melrose Racing Team feels that the opportunistic short-term offers for him will do him no favours as a driver at all. Instead, we will offer him an initial four-year deal with the organisation to allow him to recover and develop as a driver, the terms of which are as follows:

Terry Hawkin -- >
1-70 --> Stays at Fusion
100 --> Goes to Japan

Not at all. I was very uncomfortable with the odds for Hawkin's RNG when they were unveiled, particularly considering the underlying complexities involving both Hawkin and Pascal's respective contract situations, that it had been repeatedly determined that Hawkin would be taking a sabbatical for 2020, and the dissonance of the odds with the quality of the offers on display.

MRT's bid, made with consideration to the reasonable assumption of Hawkin's sabbatical status, and the fact that Pascal technically did have a binding contract with Fusion for a race seat without any accompanying escape clauses, involved a long-term, highly secure contract with a top ASMF organisation, and as such, should have received far superior odds than the 14% that they were ultimately accorded. Even more fundamentally, however, the fact that Hawkin's contract situation remained unresolved (according to Miguel, Hawkin still had a valid contract for 2020) should have precluded any RNG for Hawkin's DEC that involved ARWS teams leveraging a 2020 race seat to improve their respective odds, as EVR ultimately did.

I'm thus going to suggest that the RNG be re-run with a number of conditions attached:

1. Hawkin is excluded from ARWS competition for 2020 via a no-compete clause; both Hawkin and Pascal's contracts with Fusion are thus honoured accordingly.

2. The subsequent RNG involving Hawkin's DEC should thus be conducted with consideration to post-2020 opportunities only. Not only will this eliminate any vestiges of contractual conflicts and inadvertent bias, such a condition should also incentivise prospective bidders to submit more comprehensive, long-term offers.
Klon, on Alt-F1 wrote: I like to think it's more poker than gambling, though.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Wizzie wrote:

Terry Hawkin -- >
1-70 --> Stays at Fusion
100 --> Goes to Japan

Yes. Your offered wasn't as good! It's not ARWS in 2019 or 2020. That rule is to avoid people saying "I want Terry Hawkin" and not explaining why.

Image Image
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

As Stan Frankham is DEC-less at the moment, Jones Racing would like to offer him an extension of his contract in AR3.5 for 2020, with a reserve seat at the ARWS team.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Plus One Racing Engineering offer Iakopo Fuamatu a seat in AR 3.5 for 2020 and a place on the Plus One driver programme, with support finding a seat in 2021 should his performance necessitate a career progression.
Dom_Wings

Post by Dom_Wings »

I'd like to offer Akinori Kikkawa a driver seat for the Honda team in the FIA Prototype Challenge.
This Could Be You

Post by This Could Be You »

As his last employer (for BORC, in the abortive ANUS series), I would like to bid for Normal32's driver Takuma Nakamura, in order to offer him a seat in the 2019 FIA Prototype Challenge, again for BORC.
Your Signature Here

Named after HRT, now on HRT
CarloSpace
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CarloSpace »

I would like to place an offer on Silvia Renaldi (DEC: Cynon, AWOL for 2 years) to return to AR3.5 with Miraglio Autosport who are desperate to have an Italian drive for them. As a former podium finisher she is regarded as the best driver available while the other Italian youngsters are still maturing in AR2.0/F3.
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

I offer Eduardo Armando (DEC: Klon) another year at RUF Blokkmonsta for AR 3.5. Being a Top 10 finisher last year means that he is a priority choice for the 2020 season.
Last edited by CaptainGetz12 on 25 Sep 2018, 14:05, edited 2 times in total.
This Could Be You

Post by This Could Be You »

I would also like to bid for Roberto Dinella (DEC: probably AndreaModa, who has been AWOL for some time), again for BORC's FIA PC team (and again from the position of being his last employer in Canon (and again for BORC's stillborn ANUS programme).
Your Signature Here

Named after HRT, now on HRT