KL-racer's F1 Management - 2011 Round 9 up

Archive for the three above subforums
Ataxia
Not Important

Re: KL-racer's F1 Management - 2011 Bidding results now post

Post by Ataxia »

Swap Vergne and Clos around, please.

I know you're trying to streamline the RNG process, but I'd prefer a second round of bidding rather than having no control over which drivers I get.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Aislabie

Post by Aislabie »

How in the bathplug were we so utterly roadblocked in our attempts to secure Ferrari engines? If the RNG is about fairness, then what in the name of all hell is fair about giving a reputable team like McLaren no realistic chance of getting our first choice engine, despite our having approached the driver requested by Ferrari, and agreed an engine re-badge deal with them whereby we give exposure to one of their subsidiary companies (Mopar).

We'd been in direct contact with the supplier, had made carefully sure to meet all their requests and still get shafted by the arbitrary figures you put in the RNG.

And because you're busy stringing us along with Ferrari, we get eviscerated with our second (Mercedes) and third (Honda) choice engines, who (understandably) don't want to wait for us despite both having Championship-winning history working with McLaren.

As a result of this, we have quite possibly the worst engine F1 has seen since the Life W12 to stick in the back of our car.

We would far rather invest 20 million or more of our own budget to develop our own engine with McLaren Automotive's facilities than waste a single penny on an engine we never wanted, never asked for, and were simply assigned against our wishes as a team. We believe that the McLaren brand and our new drivers, Vitaly and Tomas, deserve better than to be backmarkers.

We would rather leave F1 than continue for another season with PURE engines.

- - - - -

Seriously though, I was fuming when I saw "McLaren-PURE" listed on the bathplug index again. What was the point of sending you bids at all then? Especially given that there are 20 teams competing and 20 deals available with Cosworth, Ferrari, Honda, Mercedes, Renault. How did we end up with PURE engines? Jesus.

- - - - -

I know this is only an online racing league, and not even canon, but that's really hacked me off more than expected.
KL-racer

Post by KL-racer »

Aislabie wrote:How in the bathplug were we so utterly roadblocked in our attempts to secure Ferrari engines? If the RNG is about fairness, then what in the name of all hell is fair about giving a reputable team like McLaren no realistic chance of getting our first choice engine, despite our having approached the driver requested by Ferrari, and agreed an engine re-badge deal with them whereby we give exposure to one of their subsidiary companies (Mopar).

We'd been in direct contact with the supplier, had made carefully sure to meet all their requests and still get shafted by the arbitrary figures you put in the RNG.

And because you're busy stringing us along with Ferrari, we get eviscerated with our second (Mercedes) and third (Honda) choice engines, who (understandably) don't want to wait for us despite both having Championship-winning history working with McLaren.

As a result of this, we have quite possibly the worst engine F1 has seen since the Life W12 to stick in the back of our car.

We would far rather invest 20 million or more of our own budget to develop our own engine with McLaren Automotive's facilities than waste a single penny on an engine we never wanted, never asked for, and were simply assigned against our wishes as a team. We believe that the McLaren brand and our new drivers, Vitaly and Tomas, deserve better than to be backmarkers.

We would rather leave F1 than continue for another season with PURE engines.

- - - - -

Seriously though, I was fuming when I saw "McLaren-PURE" listed on the bathplug index again. What was the point of sending you bids at all then? Especially given that there are 20 teams competing and 20 deals available with Cosworth, Ferrari, Honda, Mercedes, Renault. How did we end up with PURE engines? Jesus.

- - - - -

I know this is only an online racing league, and not even canon, but that's really hacked me off more than expected.

The FIA has responded to the following with this press release sent out to every team

Dear Concerned Paddock Members,

It has been an utter mess trying to solve the problems encountered recently with the bidding processes. The first thing I want to state is McLaren is "seriously" considering quitting the sport altogether. I have give a lot of thought about the current entry list without McLaren in it. We at the FIA offices can't afford to lose McLaren, obviously the current owners are pissed off beyond belief right now. Knowing this team with it's long history, I have authorize McLaren the power to allow them to build their own in-house engines for $20 million, effective right away, in an effort to convince the current owners to stay for 2011. If that doesn't satisfy them, then a new person will take charge of McLaren. Obviously, if a new owner is found either through the waiting list or other method, they can keep using the in-house engines proposed.

Second thing I want to mention, is the lack of a second round of driver bids. That's completely my mistake. As a result of this, if you can see in the first post, there's stars next to some drivers names. These drivers, if you guys insist for me to do a second round of driver bids, these drivers with stars next to them will be subject to bidding. It will be the same exact method as the first round of bids.

Finally, these recent events have been tough for me to figure out what's the future of this series. Should I go on with this season or not? You guys let me know.

Thanks for your understanding,

KL-Racer
Now posted to PMMF . . . F1 management 2011!

After yet another long intermission . . . I finally posted round 8. What will happen in the second half? Stay Tuned
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Autosport wrote:Dominicalli - "Ferrari will supply McLaren engines"

Ferrari team principal Stefano Domenicali has announced his intention to supply perennial arch-rivals McLaren with engines for 2011. A deal had been agreed in principle where the Woking squad would run the engines for 2011, rebadged as Mopar, in exchange for running promising Canadian rookie James Hinchcliffe in the second car. However, the FIA has surprisingly knocked back the deal, but a defiant Domenicali has stated it will go ahead in one form or another.

"We're just as miffed as anyone else about this," stated Stefano. "We had every belief that the deal would go ahead, but instead we've ended up in this quandary. Ferrari will supply McLaren engines in one form or another in 2011, which we will work with the relevant bodies to make it work. Whether that will involve renegotiation of existing deals or not remains to be seen."

When asked about the team's prospects for 2011, Stefano praised the stability of the team in their quest to continue their recent domination of the sport.

"To retain all the ingredients from last year is a huge step in the right direction," noted Domenicali. "Sebastian is a world-class driver already at such a young age, and Felipe has all the talent needed to be a title contender in his own right. The new V6 Turbo has been strong in dyno testing as well, so we expect to be very much in title contention for 2011."

Ferrari's latest challenger is set to be launched at the pre-season test at Jerez next week.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
KL-racer

Post by KL-racer »

Wizzie wrote:

Ferrari team principal Stefano Domenicali has announced his intention to supply perennial arch-rivals McLaren with engines for 2011. A deal had been agreed in principle where the Woking squad would run the engines for 2011, rebadged as Mopar, in exchange for running promising Canadian rookie James Hinchcliffe in the second car. However, the FIA has surprisingly knocked back the deal, but a defiant Domenicali has stated it will go ahead in one form or another.

"We're just as miffed as anyone else about this," stated Stefano. "We had every belief that the deal would go ahead, but instead we've ended up in this quandary. Ferrari will supply McLaren engines in one form or another in 2011, which we will work with the relevant bodies to make it work. Whether that will involve renegotiation of existing deals or not remains to be seen."

When asked about the team's prospects for 2011, Stefano praised the stability of the team in their quest to continue their recent domination of the sport.

"To retain all the ingredients from last year is a huge step in the right direction," noted Domenicali. "Sebastian is a world-class driver already at such a young age, and Felipe has all the talent needed to be a title contender in his own right. The new V6 Turbo has been strong in dyno testing as well, so we expect to be very much in title contention for 2011."

Ferrari's latest challenger is set to be launched at the pre-season test at Jerez next week.

Fine I give in. McLaren will have Ferrari V8's rebadged as Mopars. James Hinchcliffe will drive the second McLaren as part of the engine deal. As for James Calado, he will be traded to Carlin to be their new #2 driver. Markus Nimela will remain with Carlin but as their reserve driver. Are all interested parties happy with this decision?

After yet another long intermission . . . I finally posted round 8. What will happen in the second half? Stay Tuned
Dexter249

Post by Dexter249 »

Autosport Wrote:

Zoran Stefanovic looking for new owners after 2011
Stefan has been too cashstrapped to continue after 2011 and the team is looking for investors in 2012, Two very large choices have been rumoured Stephen Fitzpatrick for Marussia and a possible Virgin buyout.
FIAT Group, finding loopholes in the FIA rulebook since it's inception.
Aislabie

Post by Aislabie »

KL-racer wrote:
Wizzie wrote:

Fine I give in. McLaren will have Ferrari V8's rebadged as Mopars. James Hinchcliffe will drive the second McLaren as part of the engine deal. As for James Calado, he will be traded to Carlin to be their new #2 driver. Markus Nimela will remain with Carlin but as their reserve driver. Are all interested parties happy with this decision?

McLaren is elated and releived that such a sensible decision has been reached.

If we may thank the FIA for their understanding of our position, and also Ferrari for agreeing to support a long-standing rival team in this way.

We hope that Vitaly and James will make this an improved season for McLaren-Mopar.
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

That went well. Hope the Honda turbos pay off.
sw3ishida wrote:Jolyon Palmer brought us closer as a couple, for which I am grateful.

Ataxia wrote:
Londoner wrote:Something I've thought about - what happens to our canon should we have a worldwide recession or some other outside event?

We'll be fine. It's Canon, non Kodak.
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Poor Prodrive :(

The 4th best team in the grid has lower chances to get Turbo engines than Euskadi :facepalm:
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
Dom_Wings

Post by Dom_Wings »

Liuzzi and Kamui ain't bad, along with Honda V8.

I think we have a solid chance to stay in the top 8-10 in teams.
Join the GPR Discord server! https://discord.com/invite/6YDQ3aV
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

Antonio Félix would be lovely to be DAMS RD
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
Ice1Racing

Post by Ice1Racing »

KL-racer wrote:Fine I give in. McLaren will have Ferrari V8's rebadged as Mopars. James Hinchcliffe will drive the second McLaren as part of the engine deal. As for James Calado, he will be traded to Carlin to be their new #2 driver. Markus Nimela will remain with Carlin but as their reserve driver. Are all interested parties happy with this decision?

Could we swap Calado for Esteban Gutierrez so that we still get our engine discount
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Ice1Racing wrote:
KL-racer wrote:Fine I give in. McLaren will have Ferrari V8's rebadged as Mopars. James Hinchcliffe will drive the second McLaren as part of the engine deal. As for James Calado, he will be traded to Carlin to be their new #2 driver. Markus Nimela will remain with Carlin but as their reserve driver. Are all interested parties happy with this decision?

Could we swap Calado for Esteban Gutierrez so that we still get our engine discount

You mean Esteban Guerrieri? Ferrari also have Jean-Karl Vernay available if that suits you.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Whiteshore

Post by Whiteshore »

I would swap Valsecchi and Cecotto Jr.
Unafraid of the papaya!
Ice1Racing

Post by Ice1Racing »

Wizzie wrote:
Ice1Racing wrote:

You mean Esteban Guerrieri? Ferrari also have Jean-Karl Vernay available if that suits you.

Carlin will take JK Vernay then
KL-racer

Re: KL-racer's F1 Management - 2011 Pre-season test!

Post by KL-racer »

2011 Pre-Season Testing

Welcome back. So, after many delays, including a change in the pre-season test venue after the Jaypee New Delhi circuit failed the final inspection for the oddest of reasons. It’s not due to the track itself but due to the air quality being so bad all over the lap that it was almost impossible to see the track from the cockpit even in the midday! So, the test will be moved to Jerez instead. With that in mind, here’s the testing times from Jerez.

1 Mark Webber 1:22.490
2 Sebastian Vettel +0.143
3 Lewis Hamilton +0.567
4 Robert Kubica +0.689
5 Romain Dumas +0.798
6 Kimi Raikkonen +0.807
7 Pastor Maldonado +0.838
8 Nico Rosberg +0.879
9 Fernando Alonso +0.888
10 Michael Schumacher +1.034
11 James Hinchcliffe +1.071
12 Felipe Massa +1.346
13 Jenson Button +1.352
14 Sergio Perez +1.377
15 Daniel Riccardo +1.571
16 Jean-Eric Vergne +1.730
17 Vitaly Petrov +1.807
18 Heikki Kovalainen +1.809
19 Esteban Gutierrez +1.924
20 Nick Heidfeld +1.964
21 Kamui Kobayashi +2.004
22 Timo Glock +2.039
23 Jarno Trulli +2.114
24 Giedo Van der Garde +2.155
25 Sergio Canamasas +2.267
26 Andre Lotterer +2.273
27 Vitantonio Liuzzi +2.394
28 Davide Valsecchi +2.617
29 Jules Bianchi +2.693
30 Jacques Villeneuve +2.970
31 Rubens Barrichello +3.082
32 Charles Pic +3.158
33 Nico Hulkenberg +3.197
34 Adrian Sutil +3.314
35 Karun Chandhok +3.352
36 Bruno Senna +3.541
37 Mikhail Aleshin +3.736
38 Jean-Karl Vernay +4.671
39 Narain Karthikeyan +5.091
40 Michael Herck +5.446

Feel free to comment away. As for the season opener at Melbourne, maybe on Labor Day at the earliest, I can run it, but then again who knows?

TomWazzleshaw

Re: KL-racer's F1 Management - 2011 Preseason test finally u

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Ferrari will purchase a KERS and reliability upgrade at the earliest possible opportunity.
This Could Be You

Post by This Could Be You »

Bianchi 29th , Sutil 34th. Not brilliant, but with a reasonable chance to escape pre-qualifying (or in Bianchi's case, even qualifying proper) and ahead of Stefan, DAMS, and Williams, so not dead last this time.

Even so, a qualifying and race pace upgrade asap is probably needed.
Last edited by This Could Be You on 03 Sep 2016, 13:47, edited 1 time in total.
Your Signature Here

Named after HRT, now on HRT
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

Not what we're looking for. Hope the turbo gamble pays off.
sw3ishida wrote:Jolyon Palmer brought us closer as a couple, for which I am grateful.

Ataxia wrote:
Londoner wrote:Something I've thought about - what happens to our canon should we have a worldwide recession or some other outside event?

TheFlyingCaterham

Post by TheFlyingCaterham »

1st and 20th.

Heidfeld pls, Lotterer was better than you. I kinda care about the constructors standings too. Hopefully you're just in a pre-season slump or something.

As for the upgrades, lets get a Race Pacr and Aero upgrade
Last edited by TheFlyingCaterham on 02 Sep 2016, 08:59, edited 1 time in total.
Resident Track Designer Addict

2016 F1Rejects Track Designing Competition Champion
2017 F1Rejects Track Designing Competition Runner-Up

More of a reader than a poster on these forums, so I won't post much compared to others.
alg2159

Post by alg2159 »

Many upgrades for Epsilon Euskadi-Mercedes :
- Reliability
- Race Pace
Thanks !
Normal32

Post by Normal32 »

I will purchase a double KERS upgrade as soon as possible.
Pasta_maldonado wrote:I think normal32 is an old English farmer re-incarnated
AdrianBelmonte_

Post by AdrianBelmonte_ »

Let's take KERS and Reliability asap
#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

Qualifying pace and race pace asap for Caterham.

Ataxia wrote:

Aislabie

Post by Aislabie »

Excellent from Hinch and Vitaly there - 11th and 17th is much more like where we want to be.

Please can we upgrade the aero and reliability of our McLaren-Mopar.
Collieafc

Post by Collieafc »

Race pace and aero for Force India please
DanielPT wrote:Life usually expires after 400 meters and always before reaching 2 laps or so. In essence, Life is short.
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

DAMS want Qualifying pace and aero
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
Dom_Wings

Post by Dom_Wings »

D'oh, 21st and 27th...

Quali and race pace for Manor
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

KERS and Aero update for Prodrive.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

KL-racer

Re: KL-racer's F1 Management - 2011 Season opener finally UP

Post by KL-racer »

Round 1 Melbourne

Welcome to the Season opener from Albert Park. Sorry about that long delay, I was busy with other more important things, but now I can have enough time to squeeze in that first race of the new season. As for the first batch of upgrades, I will install them after Round 4.

Pre-Q Results

1 Jenson Button 1:36.402
2 James Hinchliffe +0.178
3 Vitaly Petrov +0.600
4 Pastor Maldonado +1.533
5 Rubens Barrichello +1.570
6 Giedo Van der Garde +1.585
7 Sergio Perez +1.660
8 Heikki Kovalainen +2.170
DNPQ
9 Nico Hulkenberg +2.177
10 Esteban Gutierrez +2.262
11 Adrian Sutil +2.555
12 Bruno Senna +2.729
13 Karun Chandhok +2.765
14 Jules Bianchi +2.980
15 Sergio Canamasas +3.113
16 Narain Karthikeyan +3.148
17 Charles Pic +3.198
18 Jacques Villeneuve +3.243
19 Jean-Karl Vernay +3.745
20 Mikhail Aleshin +3.997

Both Lola’s and Both McLaren’s made into qualifying easily. One Caterham, a Carlin, a Campos and even a Williams made it into the Saturday session.

Qualifying results

1 Sebastian Vettel 1:36.060
2 Kimi Raikkonen +0.313
3 Jenson Button +0.482
4 Fernando Alonso +0.591
5 Lewis Hamilton +0.639
6 Robert Kubica +0.694
7 Mark Webber +0.721
8 Nico Rosberg +0.770
9 VItaly Petrov +0.815
10 James Hinchcliffe +0.950
11 Felipe Massa +1.070
12 Pastor Maldonado +1.271
13 Romain Dumas +1.453
14 VItantonio Liuzzi +1.485
15 Kamui Kobayashi +1.664
16 Michael Schumacher +1.709
17 Nick Heidfeld +1.830
18 Giedo Van der Garde +1.879
19 Sergio Perez +1.959
20 Jarno Trulli +1.962
21 TImo Glock +1.967
22 Andre Lotterer +2.043
23 Rubens Barrichello +2.564
24 Daniel Riccardo +2.592
25 Jean-Eric Vergne +2.601
26 Heikki Kovalainen +2.938
DNQ
27 Davide Valsecchi +3.238
28 Michael Herck +4.140

A big disappointment indeed for Mercedes, one of their cars will not contest the GP.

Race Summary:

On Lap 3, Timo Glock was forced to DNF with a loose front-right wheel. ON Lap 5, Kubica was forced to DNF with KERS failure. On lap 12, Dumas was forced to DNF with a puncture. Lap 18, Trulli was forced out with engine problems. On Lap 24, Hinchcilffe DNF with engine failure while running 9th and Maldonado also DNF with gearbox issues. Lap 30, Petrov was forced to park the other McLaren, this time with electrical faults while running a solid 8th. On Lap 39, Massa DNF with an oil leak while running 6th. In the end, it’s more Ferrari domination with Vettel winning the first race of the season.

Race Results

1 Sebastian Vettel 1:46:48.544
2 Kimi Raikkonen +22.414
3 Fernando Alonso +34.413
4 Mark Webber +50.579
5 Nico Rosberg +53.531
6 Lewis Hamilton +56.184
7 Jenson Button 1 lap
8 VItantonio Liuzzi 1 lap
9 Nick Heidfeld 1 lap
10 Michael Schumacher 1 lap
11 Giedo Van der Garde 1 lap
12 Kamui Kobayashi 2 laps
13 Andre Lotterer 2 laps
14 Jean Eric Vergne 2 laps
15 Daniel Riccardo 2 laps
16 Rubens Barrichello 2 laps
17 Heikki Kovalainen 3 laps
DNF Felipe Massa Oil Leak
DNF VItaly Petrov Electrical
DNF Sergio Perez Engine
DNF Pastor Maldonado Transmission
DNF James Hinchcliffe Engine
DNF Jarno Trulli Engine
DNF Romain Dumas Puncture
DNF Robert Kubica KERS
DNF TImo Glock Loose Wheel

As for the next round? Maybe after October 7 I could squeeze it in.

Aislabie

Re: KL-racer's F1 Management - 2011 Season Opener finally up

Post by Aislabie »

Is there any way to boost McLaren's reliability?
RedEyes504

Re: KL-racer's F1 Management - 2011 Season Opener finally up

Post by RedEyes504 »

Well Michael Herck is clearly out of his depth here so Sauber will demote him to test driver and offer the #2 seat to Simon Pagenaud
Alexander Wurz is timeless and endless and eternal.
KL-racer

Re: KL-racer's F1 Management - 2011 Round 2 Sepang finally u

Post by KL-racer »

Round 2 Sepang

Well, I was so busy with various stuff and a bunch of other things came up, but I’m back for the second round from Sepang.

Here’s the Pre-Q results

1 Pastor Maldonado 1:43.527
2 James Hinchliffe +0.001
3 Jenson Button +0.160
4 Sergio Perez +0.382
5 Vitaly Petrov +0.691
6 Esteban Gutierrez +0.805
7 Nico Hulkenberg +0.974
8 Rubens Barrichello +1.115
DNPQ
9 Giedo Van der Garde +1.189
10 Heikki Kovalainen +1.696
11 Adrian Sutil +2.168
12 Karun Chandhok +2.201
13 Jean-karl Vernay +2.278
14 Bruno Senna +2.465
15 Jules Bianchi +2.746
16 Sergio Canamasas +2.851
17 Jacques Villeneuve +2.935
18 Charles Pic +3.205
19 Mikhail Aleshin +3.984
20 Narain Karthikeyan +4.021

Qual Results

1 Sebastian Vettel 1:41.903
2 Robert Kubica +0.740
3 James Hinchcliffe +0.964
4 Kimi Raikkonen +1.245
5 Fernando Alonso +1.383
6 Mark Webber +1.463
7 Kamui Kobayashi +1.585
8 Jarno Trulli +1.657
9 Pastor Maldonado +1.728
10 Felipe Massa +1.777
11 Sergio Perez +1.933
12 Jenson Button +1.969
13 Lewis Hamilton +2.044
14 VItantoio Liuzzi +2.161
15 Romain Dumas +2.284
16 Daniel Riccardo +2.352
17 VItaly Petrov +2.394
18 Nico Rosberg +2.475
19 Nick Heidfeld +2.700
20 Simon Pagenaud +2.705
21 Michael Schumacher +2.747
22 Jean-Eric Vergne +3.133
23 Rubens Barrichello +3.241
24 Nico Hulkenberg +3.589
25 Esteban Gutierrez +3.668
26 Andre Lotterer +3.712
DNQ
27 TImo Glock +3.741
28 Davide Valsecchi +4.336

So, Simon Pagenaud is making his F1 race debut from 20th

Race Summary

Hulkenberg becomes the first DNF at Lap 4. Lotterer retired the sole Mercedes in the race on lap 15. On Lap 26, Vettel retired from the lead with a blown engine. Lap 32 Trulli was finished and a couple laps after that Dumas was also gone. In the end, Kubica inherited the race lead from Vettel and never looked back scoring the race win. Maldonado was 2nd and Raikkonen takes the final podium step.

Race Results

1 Robert Kubica 1:39:45.471
2 Pastor Maldonado +26.095
3 Kimi Raikkonen +47.292
4 James Hinchcliffe +1:10.169
5 Sergio Perez +1:14.742
6 Mark Webber +1:16.538
7 Felipe Massa +1:18.296
8 Jenson Button +1:19.432
9 Kamui Kobayashi +1:25.452
10 Daniel Riccardo 1 lap
11 Nick Heidfeld 1 lap
12 Lewis Hamilton 1 lap
13 Nico Rosberg 1 lap
14 Vitaly petrov 1 lap
15 Michael Schumacher 1 lap
16 Rubens Barrichello 1 lap
17 Jean Eric Vergne 2 laps
18 Simon Pagenaud 2 laps
19 VItantonio LIuzzi 2 laps
20 Esteban Guiterrez 2 laps
DNF Jarno Trulli Engine
DNF Romain Dumas Engine
DNF Sebastian Vetel Engine
DNF Fernando Alonso Suspension
DNF Andre Lotterer Engine
DNF Nico Hulkenberg Engine

Paddock News:

McLaren pit crew: We are so happy for Hinchcliffe for bringing home some points

After the race, James Hinchcliffe said to the press that the Mopar badged McLaren is coming along great and doing better than expected. As we all remember during the off-season, we almost thought we were off the entry list for good but ever since our former arch rivals Ferrari bailed us out giving us the engine that we need to get back to respectability and maybe beyond that. So, in the end, McLaren being relevant again is a good thing for the sport.

As for the next race, hopefully this next post doesn’t take as long as it did this time around!

Aislabie

Re: KL-racer's F1 Management - 2011 Round 2 finally up!

Post by Aislabie »

An excellent race for McLaren-Mopar, the real surprise being how much of a fool I am that I forgot Hinchcliffe's team-mate was Petrov and not Button.

(Edited for accuracy)
Last edited by Aislabie on 10 Jan 2017, 11:12, edited 1 time in total.
Dom_Wings

Post by Dom_Wings »

Not too bad, I'd say.

Nice to see that both Kamui and Tonio have both logged a couple points in after 2 races.
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

I believe this is Prodrive's first victory in Formula One! :D

KL-racer

Re: KL-racer's F1 Management - 2011 Round 3 finally up!

Post by KL-racer »

Round 3 Shanghai

Hello again after a lengthy delay. So, Prodrive finally gets their first F1 win in their team history. After David Richards went off celebrating the occasion, we are off to Shanghai.

Pre-Q Results

1 James Hinchcliffe 1:41.356
2 Jenson Button +0.081
3 Sergio Perez +0.287
4 Pastor Maldonado +0.560
5 Vitaly Petrov +0.682
6 Esteban Guiterrez +0.772
7 Rubens Barrichello +1.056
8 Bruno Senna +1.338
DNPQ
9 Heikki Kovalainen +1.411
10 Jules Bianchi +1.654
11 Nico Hulkenberg +1.737
12 Adrian Sutil +2.209
13 Karun Chandhok +2.261
14 Sergio Canamasas +2.429
15 Giedo Van der Garde +2.463
16 Mikhail Aleshin +2.545
17 Jacques Villeneuve +2.902
18 Charles Pic +3.306
19 Jean-Karl Vernay +3.429
20 Narain Karthikeyan +3.877

Qualifying

1 Sebastian Vettel 1:40.267
2 James Hinchcliffe +0.213
3 Fernando Alonso +0.329
4 Felipe Massa +0.334
5 Lewis Hamilton +0.567
6 Nico Rosberg +0.570
7 Robert Kubica +0.609
8 Mark Webber +0.686
9 Kimi Raikkonen +0.733
10 Vitaly Petrov +0.767
11 Nick Heidfeld +0.858
12 Michael Schumacher +1.133
13 Jenson Button +1.367
14 VItantonio Liuzzi +1.458
15 Pastor Maldonado +1.573
16 Rubens Barrichello +1.580
17 Romain Dumas +1.624
18 Daniel Riccardo +1.701
19 Kamui Kobayashi +1.866
20 Jarno Trulli +1.976
21 Simon Pagenaud +2.060
22 Sergio Perez +2.224
23 Jean-Eric Vergne +2.739
24 Bruno Senna +2.944
25 Andre Lotterer +3.031
26 Timo Glock +3.186
DNQ
27 Esteban Guiterrez +3.259
28 Davide Valsecchi +3.708

Race Recap

Button was out on Lap 6. On Lap 25, Schumacher and Liuzzi were out of the race as well. Lap 40, Alonso was out from 2nd. In the end Ferrari’s Vettel won by a three and a half second margin over Rosberg. Massa rounds off the podium.

1 Sebastian Vettel 1:40:47.675
2 Nico Rosberg +3.486
3 Felipe Massa +7.991
4 James Hinchcliffe +10.937
5 Nick Heidfeld +15.759
6 Lewis Hamilton +24.192
7 Robert Kubica +27.068
8 Mark Webber +31.122
9 Vitaly Petrov +38.491
10 Pastor Maldonado +49.313
11 Kamui Kobayashi +1:19.773
12 Romain Dumas +1:22.409
13 Daniel Riccardo 1 lap
14 Rubens Barrichello 1 lap
15 Kimi Raikkonen 1 lap
16 Jarno Trulli 1 lap
17 Sergio Perez 1 lap
18 Simon Pagenaud 2 laps
19 Jean-Eric Vergne 2 laps
20 Bruno Senna 2 laps
21 Andre Lotterer 2 laps
22 Timo Glock 2 laps
DNF Fernando Alonso Transmission
DNF Michael Schumacher Engine
DNF VItantonio Liuzzi Engine
DNF Jenson Button Transmission

Paddock News:

Toto Wolff and Mercedes: “We are very concerned about the lack of pace from our drivers”

After a third straight disappointing result, Mercedes are starting to feel the effects of missing out on most of their preferred driver choices during the silly season. Andre Lotterer has been a big disappointment after showing some promise last season. Davide Valsecchi in the other car is unofficially on the hot seat after posting another DNQ. The good news is that they have found part of the problem, which is an issue with their KERS units, but whatever it can be fixed in time to prevent a possible demotion to Pre-Q after the race in South Korea remains to be seen.

Zoran Stefanovic: Stefan GP is close to a deal with Marussia.

Reports are coming out that Marussia motors is close to a deal to buy the Struggling Stefan GP team for 2012 onwards after the Stephen Fitzpatrick bid was withdrawn due to Fitzpatrick thinking that the team isn’t viable enough yet to throw his funding at. The possible new buyers already has contact with Cosworth about a possible engine supply for 2012 if their offer is accepted. As for the amount that Marussia will contribute, it’s yet to be determined.

As for the race from Yeongham, expect it to be posted sometime in the middle of this upcoming week.

And one more thing, the first in-season test will take place after the race at Yeongham. If you want to post your upgrade plans you can do so as well. Unlike in Previous seasons however, only your test driver will be driving during the test. This was done to get the third drivers involved in the action.

Normal32

Post by Normal32 »

Double KERS for Lola.
Pasta_maldonado wrote:I think normal32 is an old English farmer re-incarnated
Bandon23

Post by Bandon23 »

Can I be added on the waiting list? Looking to be interested to join this series.