Alt-F3000: TMUSB - 1989 Season: Season Complete

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
TomWazzleshaw

Re: Alt-F3000: TMUSB - 1989 Season: Chassis & Engine Market

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

V8fan12 wrote:GA Motorsport will purchase 2 Reynard 89Ds with 2 Judd AV engines

The correct answer is NOT the Reynard 89D, but one of the other cars on the sheet.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

Wizzie wrote:
V8fan12 wrote:GA Motorsport will purchase 2 Reynard 89Ds with 2 Judd AV engines

The correct answer is NOT the Reynard 89D, but one of the other cars on the sheet.

Oops! 2 Lola T88/50s then
Owner of the Peak Motorsport Group.

Biscione wrote:I mean, Renaldo Jimenez, could you ask for a more world class pay driver? Who even is Alexey Buyvolov, amirite?
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

CaptainGetz12 wrote:Eddie Jordan Racing will buy two Lola T88/50 chassis and two Ford Cosworth DFY engines.

Correction: Can I buy two Lola T89/50 chassis instead if any are still available? If I can only get one or none I will then buy the T88/50 chassis until I have two chassis. Sorry, but I was confused on the number of chassis available from the list :?
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

CaptainGetz12 wrote:
CaptainGetz12 wrote:Eddie Jordan Racing will buy two Lola T88/50 chassis and two Ford Cosworth DFY engines.

Correction: Can I buy two Lola T89/50 chassis instead if any are still available? If I can only get one or none I will then buy the T88/50 chassis until I have two chassis. Sorry, but I was confused on the number of chassis available from the list :?

You can buy a T89 to bring you up to the maximum 3 quota, and use one of the T88s as a spare or lease out to another team.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

DAMS will buy two Lola T88/50's and two Mugen-Honda MF308 engines
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Wizzie wrote:
CaptainGetz12 wrote:

You can buy a T89 to bring you up to the maximum 3 quota, and use one of the T88s as a spare or lease out to another team.

Is it possible to sell one of the T88s and buy a T89 right now? I would go bankrupt if I tried Wizzie's strategy :(
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

CaptainGetz12 wrote:
Wizzie wrote:
CaptainGetz12 wrote:

Is it possible to sell one of the T88s and buy a T89 right now? I would go bankrupt if I tried Wizzie's strategy :(

There's nothing stopping you selling both T88s and buying two T89s if you wanted to, as long as you're willing to run a paydriver in the second car
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

Wizzie wrote:
CaptainGetz12 wrote:Is it possible to sell one of the T88s and buy a T89 right now? I would go bankrupt if I tried Wizzie's strategy :(

There's nothing stopping you selling both T88s and buying two T89s if you wanted to, as long as you're willing to run a paydriver in the second car

What have I done...
#FreeGonzo
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Wizzie wrote:
CaptainGetz12 wrote:
Wizzie wrote:

Why would I need to? If I sold the a T88 I could buy at least one T89. I only bought the T88s because I thought there were no T89s left to buy according to the Google Doc. I feel cheated because of a number error :(
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

CaptainGetz12 wrote:
Wizzie wrote:
CaptainGetz12 wrote:

Why would I need to? If I sold the a T88 I could buy at least one T89. I only bought the T88s because I thought there were no T89s left to buy according to the Google Doc. I feel cheated because of a number error :(

I probably should have clarified you can also do that. I just wanted to point out the option to buy both is still there, but would require supplementary funding as an insurance policy.
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Wizzie wrote:
I probably should have clarified you can also do that. I just wanted to point out the option to buy both is still there, but would require supplementary funding as an insurance policy.

I still feel cheated, since I was going by the logic that all of the T89 chassis were gone. I feel like I should be able to have just bought a T89 and a T88 without going through hoops because you couldn't keep your numbers straight.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

CaptainGetz12 wrote:
Wizzie wrote:

I still feel cheated, since I was going by the logic that all of the T89 chassis were gone. I feel like I should be able to have just bought a T89 and a T88 without going through hoops because you couldn't keep your numbers straight.

All you've done is gripe! You don't go to a shop and ask for a bag of crisps, and when they've run out berate them for not having a bid system. It worked exactly like this last season and I don't recall anyone moaning...
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Ataxia wrote:
CaptainGetz12 wrote:
Wizzie wrote:

All you've done is gripe! You don't go to a shop and ask for a bag of crisps, and when they've run out berate them for not having a bid system. It worked exactly like this last season and I don't recall anyone moaning...

It is unfair if you buy chassis thinking that they were sold out, and then a fresh pair of new chassis right after I make the purchase! You've made a cruel bait-and-switch, accident or not.
Gonzalez

Post by Gonzalez »

CaptainGetz12 wrote:
CaptainGetz12 wrote:
Wizzie wrote:

CaptainGetz12 wrote:

It is unfair if you buy chassis thinking that they were sold out, and then a fresh pair of new chassis right after I make the purchase! You've made a cruel bait-and-switch, accident or not.

If i were you, i would just not carry on with this unnecessary argument unless you have got a very good point. The more it carries on, the more that this will turn into a bad example especially for you. (Not trying to overrule you) I'm just saying.
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

I would have preferred a 'keep previous year's kit' option. Trading the reliable old Reynards for Lolas from the same year? Please :P
#FreeGonzo
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

CaptainGetz12 wrote:
Ataxia wrote:
CaptainGetz12 wrote:

At no point were the T89s ever sold out, and at no point did the spreadsheet state that they were, otherwise I would have had complaints from Miguel, Normal and Fantomette as well. It's not the problem of the vendor if the customer grabs the first thing they see on the shelves without looking properly on the other wares on offer.

As far as these "hoops" go, may I direct you to the rulebook linked here. I was just merely explaining the options you have available based on what's in there. It's up to you as what you want to do.
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Wizzie wrote:
CaptainGetz12 wrote:
CaptainGetz12 wrote:

At no point were the T89s ever sold out, and at no point did the spreadsheet state that they were, otherwise I would have had complaints from Miguel, Normal and Fantomette as well. It's not the problem of the vendor if the customer grabs the first thing they see on the shelves without looking properly on the other wares on offer.

As far as these "hoops" go, may I direct you to the rulebook linked here. I was just merely explaining the options you have available based on what's in there. It's up to you as what you want to do.

It said clearly that the T89s were sold out before the correction was made, and I operated on the fact that the numbers were correct. Nowhere else in the rules does it say how many chassis are for sale.

Obviously without documentation I'll have to concede this, though I warn others that you should document every single time you check these budget docs, for you can't trust those numbers to be correct at all.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Driver signing (May or may not be stolen from 1988)

Requirements:
Drivers must have:
- competed in less than 10 F1 Grands Prix, and have finished no higher than 4th at any point.
- have competed in any official F3000 or F3 championship before.

Signing process:

You may make offers for up to FIVE drivers per seat. There are three types of contract terms you may offer to a driver.

Contract: You may offer a driver a wage to join your team; this must be between £55k-£110k per season (or £5k-£10k per race). You may pay the driver per race, or pay his seasons' fee immediately. If you wish to terminate the agreement with a contracted driver, you must pay the rest of the agreed time off with him. Wages will be counted towards the nearest £500 per race.

For example, Driver A signs with a team for 11 Races at £5k per race. Having been sacked after 6 races, the team must pay off the remaining five. You can offer a driver fewer races per season, but it becomes more difficult to re-sign the driver if you wish for them to complete any more races. If you choose to pay the driver per race, but cannot afford to do so at any point, you must pay double at the next race event. If you still default on payments, the driver may leave the team.

A driver views a contracted drive as first priority.

Pay-driver: You offer the driver a seat, but the driver must bring a budget with them. The less successful a driver in previous formulae, the more likely they are to bring a larger budget with them. The amount of budget a driver brings will be generated through RNG after drivers have been signed by teams. The team can request that the driver pays per race or per season, but if a driver is sacked mid-way through the season then the team must pay back the equivalent sponsorship value per race. Sponsorship RNGs offer values of £55k per season to £275k per season, in £55k increments (the value generated can be divided by 11 for a race-by-race payment value.), with weightings based on driver success.

For example, Driver B signs for a team and pays for the season up-front. Having been sacked after 6 races, the team must pay back the value of (sponsorship value/11)x5.

Due to increased job security, a driver views a pay-driver option as second priority. Drivers will not entertain this option if offered a contracted drive.

Non-contract:A driver may also sign for a team on non-contract terms. You do not have to pay the driver or request that they bring a budget, and you can replace them at any time. However, other teams can make offers to non-contract drivers mid-season should they impress.

Due to low job security, a driver views a non-contract option as a final resort. Drivers will not entertain this option if offered a contracted drive or pay-drive.

Fictional drivers:

Signing a fictional driver helps the canonical storyline but drivers can only join a team on a contracted basis, subject to a fee agreed between team-owner and DEC holder. DEC holders must confirm in-thread that they agree to the terms set out. Contract termination charges still apply.

Please fill out the form below:

Code: Select all

Team:
---First driver---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Option A
Driver Name:
Basis: (contracted, pay-driver or non-contract)
Wage: (if contracted)
Contract length (races):
Payment method: (per race or per season, as discussed with contracted and pay-drivers).

etc.

Final note: you may not be in debt at the end of this signing process. You may change bids, but everything is locked in at 12:00 GMT on the 26th October., or 48 hours after Alt-F1 bids are RNGed, whatever happens first
Last edited by TomWazzleshaw on 11 Oct 2016, 00:07, edited 1 time in total.
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Madgwick International

First Driver

Option A
Driver Name: Johnny Herbert
Basis: Contracted
Wage: 80,000
Contract length (races): All races
Payment method: Per-Season

Option B
Driver Name: Damon Hill
Wage: 55,000

Second Driver

Option A
Driver Name: Dave Coyne
Basis: Pay-Driver
Wage: N/A
Payment method: Per-Race

Option B
Driver Name: Roland Ratzenberger
Basis: Pay-Driver
Wage: 20,000
Payment method: Per-Race
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

My picks are below. Alternatively, if anyone wants to field a fictional pay driver this season, I'll run them in the Spirit-TOMs second car. Let me know and I'll stick them in.

Team: Spirit-TOMs
---First driver---
Option A
Driver Name: Perry McCarthy
Basis: contracted
Wage: £60,000
Contract length (races): 11
Payment method: per race

Option B
Driver Name: Ukyo Katayama
Wage: £55,000

Option C
Driver Name: Julian Bailey
Basis: pay driver

---Second driver---
Option A
Driver Name: Jean-Denis Deletraz

Option B
Driver Name: Enrico Bertaggia

Option C
Driver Name: Massimo Monti
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Peteroli34

Re: Alt-F3000: TMUSB - 1989 Season: Driver Market Open

Post by Peteroli34 »

Bromley Bids

Driver 1
Option A
Driver Name: Mark Blundell
Wage: 60,000

Option B

Option C
Driver Name: Marco Apicella

Driver 2
Option A
Driver Name: Thomas Daniellson
Basis: Pay Driver

Option B
Driver Name: JJ Lehto

Option C
Driver Name: Eddie Irvine
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

20-year-old Geoff Donnelly is looking for a drive in F3000.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Ataxia wrote:20-year-old Geoff Donnelly is looking for a drive in F3000.

If he's a pay driver, Spirit will snap him up.

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

Team: GA Motorsport

---First driver---

Option A
Driver Name: Perry McCarthy
Contract length (races): All
Payment method: Per season

Option B

Option C
Driver Name: Erik Comas

Option D
Driver Name: Bertrand Gachot

Option E
Driver Name: Eddie Irvine

---Second driver---

Option A

Option B
Driver Name: Thomas Danielsson

Option C
Driver Name: Jean-Denis Deletraz

Option D
Driver Name: Michel Ferte

Option E
Driver Name: Gregor Foitek
Last edited by V8fan12 on 26 Oct 2016, 02:32, edited 1 time in total.
Owner of the Peak Motorsport Group.

Biscione wrote:I mean, Renaldo Jimenez, could you ask for a more world class pay driver? Who even is Alexey Buyvolov, amirite?
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

Onyx's Bids

FIrst driver
Option A
Wage: 40,000
Contract length (races): all season
Payment method: per season

Option B
Driver Name: Gianni Morbidelli
Wage: 34,000

Option C
Driver Name: Hiro Matsushita

Option D
Driver Name: Gary Brabham

Second Driver

Option A
Wage: 40,000

Option B
Wage: 35,000

Option C
Driver Name: Eric van de Poele

Option D
Driver Name: Emanuele Naspetti
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

AndreaModa wrote:

Fictional drivers can't be paydrivers, unfortunately.

Speaking of which, I'm fine to let retainers for paydrivers slide for the time being, but if it starts getting too ridiculous, I will put an end to it.
Dexter249

Post by Dexter249 »

Team: Pacific Racing
First driver

Option A
Basis: (contracted, pay-driver or non-contract) : Contract
Wage: (if contracted) 42,000
Contract length (races): all
Payment method: (per race or per season, as discussed with contracted and pay-drivers). per season

Option B
Basis: (contracted, pay-driver or non-contract) Contracted
Wage: (if contracted) 40,000
Payment method: (per race or per season, as discussed with contracted and pay-drivers). per season

Option C
Driver Name: Allan McNish

Second Driver
Option A
Basis: (contracted, pay-driver or non-contract) Contracted
Wage: (if contracted) 35,000

Option B
Wage: 35,000

Option C
Driver Name: Eric van de Poele
FIAT Group, finding loopholes in the FIA rulebook since it's inception.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

As a first and last warning to everyone, I will be ignoring any and all bids that do not follow Image
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Team: DAMS

Car 1
Option A
Driver Name: Jean Alesi
Wage: 90,000
Payment method: per seaon

Option B
Driver Name: Eric van der Poele

Car 2
Option A
Driver Name: Jorg Scrattenheim (fictional, owned by me)
Basis: Contract

Option B
Driver Name: Fabrizio Giovanardi

Hope this is alright, will fix it if not
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Wizzie wrote:
AndreaModa wrote:

Wait, why not? What incentive is there for a cash-strapped team to sign a fictional driver then?

And similarly, if you want to start enforcing wages for pay drivers, then the limit needs to be lower than £55k. Say £5k to cover expenses for example, which I suspect was very common back then (and probably still is now).

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

AndreaModa wrote:
Wizzie wrote:
AndreaModa wrote:If he's a pay driver, Spirit will snap him up.

Wait, why not? What incentive is there for a cash-strapped team to sign a fictional driver then?

It was the same last year, reason being that people could potentially cheat the system by filling it with their own drivers to bypass the reduced odds of a driver accepting a paydriver role.

I love how nobody complained last year about the rules, but there's been loads of issues this time...[/passiveaggressive]
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Il Barone Rampante (ITA)

----------------First driver------------------
Option A
Driver Name: Emanuele Pirro
Wage: 75K

Option B

Option C
Wage: 70K

Option D
Driver Name: Stefano Modena

Option E
Driver Name: Dindo Capello

Option F
Wage: 60K

----------------Second driver------------------
Option A

Option B

Option C
Driver Name: Stefano Modena

Option D
Driver Name: Dindo Capello

Option E
Wage: 60K

Option F
Driver Name: Gabriele Tarquini
Basis: PD
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Gonzalez

Post by Gonzalez »

FORTI CORSE BIDS

---First driver---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Option A
Driver Name: Bernd Schneider
Contract length (races): 11 Races

Option B:
Driver Name: Fabrizio Barbazza

Option C:

--Second Driver--

Option A

Option B
Wage: 65K

Option C:
Driver Name: Paolo Carcasci
Wage: 65K
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Ataxia wrote:It was the same last year, reason being that people could potentially cheat the system by filling it with their own drivers to bypass the reduced odds of a driver accepting a paydriver role.

I love how nobody complained last year about the rules, but there's been loads of issues this time...[/passiveaggressive]

To be fair I had no idea about it last year, and comments that appeared to be encouraging us to hire fictional drivers this time made me want to do so. But with no incentive and a need for cash, it's a no brainer.

Simple way around it is to prevent team owners from signing their own drivers, right?

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Normal32

Post by Normal32 »

First Driver (Lola T89/50)

Driver: Josephine Aarseth (NOR)
Wage: 89K
Contract Length: 11 races
DEC Holder: Normal32

Second Driver (T87/50)

Driver: Gimax Jr. (ITA)
Contract Length: 3 races
Payment method: per-race

Driver: Nino Fama (ITA)

Driver: Severino Nardozzi (ITA)

Driver: Giovanna Amati (ITA)
Contract Length: 2 races
Pasta_maldonado wrote:I think normal32 is an old English farmer re-incarnated
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Alright, time for the defending champions to bid for drivers:

Team: Eddie Jordan Racing
---First driver--
Option A
Driver Name: Johnny Herbert
Wage: 70.000
Contract length: 11 races

Option B
Driver Name: Mark Blundell
Wage: 65.000

Option C
Driver Name: Éric Bernard

Option D
Wage: 60.000

Option E
Driver Name: Jeff Andretti
Wage: 50.000

--Second Driver--
Option A
Driver Name: Éric Bernard

Option B
Wage: 60.000

Option C
Wage: 55.000

Option D
Driver Name: Gary Brabham The less we say about his criminal record, the better...
Wage: 50.000

Option E
Driver Name: Érik Comas
Wage: 45.000
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Team: Oreca

Option A
Driver Name: Jean Alesi
Wage: 110,000

Option B
Wage: 80,000

Option C
Driver Name: Eric Bernard
Wage: 70,000

Option D
Wage: 70,000

---Second driver---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Option A
Driver Name: Allan McNish
Basis: pay-driver
Wage: -
Payment method: Per season; driver must pay at least 165k

Option B
Driver Name: Karl Wendlinger

Option C
Driver Name: Andrea Chiesa

Option D
Driver Name: Alessandro Zanardi

Option E
Driver Name: Gregor Foitek
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

With just over 48 hours to go until the deadline, the following teams still need to place bids for drivers:
CoBRA
Middlebridge

The following teams will also need to modify offers as per the rules. Any illegal bids after the deadline will be ignored:
Onyx
Pacific
EJR

The first round of driver RNGs will not be run until after the Alt-1989 F1 RNGs, as there are several drivers that have offers from both categories. After that, if there are any empty seats, drivers will be RNGed as offers are made to them.
Dexter249

Post by Dexter249 »

Wizzie wrote:With just over 48 hours to go until the deadline, the following teams still need to place bids for drivers:
CoBRA
Middlebridge

The following teams will also need to modify offers as per the rules. Any illegal bids after the deadline will be ignored:
Onyx
Pacific
EJR

The first round of driver RNGs will not be run until after the Alt-1989 F1 RNGs, as there are several drivers that have offers from both categories. After that, if there are any empty seats, drivers will be RNGed as offers are made to them.

I guess we'll have to snatch any Pay-Drivers we can get!, Also what bids?
FIAT Group, finding loopholes in the FIA rulebook since it's inception.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Go to your bids and look at them, then compare them against the rules. See if you can work out what you've done.