2019 AutoReject 2.0 Series - SEASON COMPLETE

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
Ataxia
Not Important

Re: 2019 AutoReject 2.0 Series - Round 6 - Whatdowecallit-ri

Post by Ataxia »

While I still have a shred of motivation to finish this, I thought I'd complete the season. Apologies for rushing it, but I've kinda done my time with the series and wanted to get it over with.

I'll be potentially handing things over to Klon, who will enact a few changes to freshen the series up a bit.

Let's do this:

Round 7 - Lausitzring

Grid
Feature Results
Sprint Results

Round 8 - Spa-Francorchamps

Grid
Feature Results
Sprint Results

Round 9 - Portimao

Grid
Feature Results
Sprint Results

Ladies and gentlemen, your 2019 AutoReject 2.0 champion is...Pierre St. Laurent! Any one of St. Laurent, Pereira, Malsyz, Martin and Caldeiro could have won going into the final round and, after a thrilling scrap between the three front runners, PSL came out on top.

FINAL DRIVER STANDINGS
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
kevinbotz

Re: 2019 AutoReject 2.0 Series - SEASON COMPLETE

Post by kevinbotz »

Autosport wrote:
St. Laurent: Championship win "a vindication"

Pierre St. Laurent expressed relief at finally having won the AutoReject 2.0 Drivers' Championship. The 20-year-old Canadian, having been blighted by major injuries over the two previous years, contested a closely fought championship with Diego Pereira and Vaclav Malsyz before finally emerging victorious in the final feature race of the season at Algarve.

"It feels like a vindication, a real sense of relief," said a visibly emotional St. Laurent. "These past two years have been really rough, with the physical rehabilitation and the constant mental stress. All the pressure from not being able to race, not being able to walk unassisted for awhile; it all starts to really gnaw away at your sense of self-confidence."

"And I was in a pretty dark place for awhile, thinking whether I'd be the same driver I was before all of this, whether or not I'd lost something important. To come back and finally win this thing, just to find myself in the seat of a racing car again, really went a long way in dispelling a lot of that. It's a great feeling."

"Obviously, I'm overjoyed for the team, and kudos to both Diego and Vaclav, for putting up a heck of a fight, but, yeah, just really happy that I managed to prove this thing to myself."
Klon, on Alt-F1 wrote: I like to think it's more poker than gambling, though.
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

Hm an inconsistent and rather dissapointing season.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Pinkd56
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Pinkd56 »

Man, what the hell happened Jo?
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

Great job to Wilmington! And well, let's see if Burakgazi has more to move on
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
aggi

Post by aggi »

Add me to the waiting list, please?