2018 GT Super Series - Finale Report -> RSport

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
Dexter249

Re: 2018 GT Super Series - Car Allotment Step 6: Last Call

Post by Dexter249 »

Send Me Driver offers. Preferably People with previous GT experience
FIAT Group, finding loopholes in the FIA rulebook since it's inception.
RealRacingRoots

Re: 2018 GT Super Series - Driver Ratings Soon

Post by RealRacingRoots »

All of the Full-Time Liveries for the 35 cars have been completed. Check them out via the link on the OP.

Dexter249, I still need a correct tire choice for your Ferrari 575 GTCs.

The Driver Ratings process will be coming up pretty soon here, so start finalizing lineups for the 2018 season sooner than later. BMS Scuderia Italia still need two more drivers to fill their ranks at the least if no one wants to lose out on a drive in a potential championship contender.

Factory Tire applications are closed, and that RNG will be completed at a later date.
The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
GT Super Series
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

I do not have a livery, or is it still in the making?
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

Équipe Fantomette offer its second driver seats for both cars to GT-experienced people
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
RealRacingRoots

This wrote:I do not have a livery, or is it still in the making?

It's done, I must've forgot to post a image of it. It's just the previous Belgio livery with some updated logos and numbers.
GT Super Series
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

RealRacingRoots wrote:
This wrote:I do not have a livery, or is it still in the making?

It's done, I must've forgot to post a image of it. It's just the previous Belgio livery with some updated logos and numbers.

I wasn't expecting it to look much different, of course. Thanks for the clarification :)
RealRacingRoots

Driver Ratings Info Post

It's time for you guys to start sending in Driver Ratings!

Please send them my way either via Private Message or by the forum's E-Mail function. You only need to send in the ratings if it's the drivers first time participating in GTR/GTSS come the Pre-Season Test at the Sakhir Circuit, or the round before their debut if they are doing a partial schedule or are in a part-time ride. Drivers that have already raced in the series and therefore already have Stats to their name can be found at the Driver Classification Master List at the link below. If your driver raced in 2016 or 2017 and the aren't on the list, I forgot something that transpired in Free Agency, or you wish to make a case for a promotion/demotion of a certain driver's ranking, tell me and whatever issues there might be will be looked into.

Link to Classification Master List: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A0E8X4SnCAp1foizgXG0gr3u6whJ8ipl9l7UKrVAl7c/edit?usp=sharing

Moving onto the actual ratings part. These are the drivers' stats that they will have throughout their foray in the GT Super Series. These are locked upon being sent and the only values that can change afterwards will be Cornering Add and Mult, with those changing when a driver gets a Classification Promotion or Demotion. Cornering Add/Mult affect the driver's ultimate pace on track, and were formally a part of the ratings process in 2016 before it changed to this system in 2017 to what it currently is. What you do have control over in this process is their general performance in certain conditions, as well as how aggressive they are on track. Here is what you will send in:

Driver Name (Ranking):
Race Ability (Dry): 1-5
Rain Ability: 1-5
Qualifying Ability: 1-5
Average of three stats above: (Has to be higher than 2.125)
Track Aggression: 0.5-1.25

For the first three stats, the lower the value the better they will be; with a higher value in track aggression making them more aggressive. You can go to the thousandths decimal point on the first three values in case you want to specialize a driver's stats to the extreme. The Minimum Requirement for the first three stats is in place so you can show a drivers strengths and weaknesses: Some could be all-rounders, others could be garbage in Qualifying but really good in the race, or for those who are just terrible all-round you can just give them bad stats across the board. It is entirely your call. Major penalties will be handed down if the Average is below 2.125.

Driver Ranking, however, is less in your control. Driver Ranking affect the driver's Cornering Add/Mult stat when they get promoted or demoted. Cornering Add/Mult are RNGd when the driver's ratings are sent in, with potential for the stat to be rolled in ranges that are for the Rankings beside what they are actively ranked as. The ranking system itself is basically the same system that's used by the ACO in real life and here in the various other endurance series. How your driver performs in series and in what series dictates their Classification. There are some changes for GTSS, the main thing being it is much harder to attain the top two rankings. Those have to be earned over multiple seasons of success unless they activated the auto-Gold clause of racing in the AutoReject World Series or Formula 1. Here's the basic rundown.

Bronze: New drivers to the ASMF with little racing experience, inside a ASMF-run series or otherwise. Gentleman drivers who have this be their hobby also fall into this category if they aren't on the pace of some of their compatriots who do this for a living.

Silver: New drivers to the ASMF with a full CV outside of ASMF-run series will show up here. Most drivers who are rising through the ranks or racing at all in the various ladders will show up here, with drivers showing well above average pace being considered for Gold Ranking. Gentleman drivers who are on the pace will be ranked here, as well as older drivers who are in the twilight of their careers. If you don't know what your driver's ranking is, assume they are Silver Ranked unless they're hot stuff and been so for a while.

Gold: Drivers who have proven over the span of multiple seasons to be quick behind the wheel and are racing in middle to top tiered series. Most of the top ranked drivers racing in the second highest rung of some ladders (AR 3.5, Formula 2, etc) will be classified as Gold. Drivers who have raced in at least one AutoReject World Series or Formula 1 race will be automatically classified as a Gold ranked driver, unless other circumstances say otherwise (age, relative pace, etc). Championship winning drivers who make the jump to GTSS as a part of their progression after winning the championship will be given Gold rank as well. This applies to Formula 3, Aerond's Formula Nippon, Formula 5000, and the International Procar Series (Touring Car World Series in the future). This has to be earned.

Platinum: Be the best in the world at everything you do. Look for these guys in F1, ARWS, GTSS and in factory Prototypes. Others will be elsewhere, dominating the lower ranked series. Once again, this has to be earned.

If you aren't being honest with your driver's ranking or you just don't know, I will rank them for you. If you want me to do their full stats, let me know with a general guideline of how they do on track.

Everyone running full-time has until January 15th at 1200 PST to finalize their driver pairings and get their ratings in. If you need extra time to get stuff finalized because of users being away or because you are busy yourself, please say so and extensions will be granted depending on the time-frame involved. There is no excuse.

If you are running a driver that you do not own, you must contact them to confirm their driver's ratings. It is ultimately their driver and their call how they perform. If they want to send in their driver's rating by themselves, they can as well. If you put in ratings for a driver you do not own without the blessing of the DEC Owner, consequences will be severe. If you are having issues getting drivers from other users, and you do not want have to make fresh drivers just for GTSS, there are a collection of drivers that ran last year in random part-time entries that were made primarily to help people fill out their lineups. As soon as you hire one up, they are yours to keep; you are their new DEC Owner. They will get a small boost permanently to their Cornering Add/Mult to make them a bit more competitive. Take only as you need.

If you got any questions, don't be afraid to ask, got it? Have at it boys!
Last edited by RealRacingRoots on 30 Dec 2016, 07:09, edited 2 times in total.
GT Super Series
RealRacingRoots

Missing Driver Information:
Sorted by Team order on the Wiki

People's Republic Racing: Fill Both Seats in Cars 98 and 99.
Last edited by RealRacingRoots on 15 Jan 2017, 01:25, edited 9 times in total.
GT Super Series
Dexter249

Post by Dexter249 »

RealRacingRoots wrote:All of the Full-Time Liveries for the 35 cars have been completed. Check them out via the link on the OP.

Dexter249, I still need a correct tire choice for your Ferrari 575 GTCs.

The Driver Ratings process will be coming up pretty soon here, so start finalizing lineups for the 2018 season sooner than later. BMS Scuderia Italia still need two more drivers to fill their ranks at the least if no one wants to lose out on a drive in a potential championship contender.

Factory Tire applications are closed, and that RNG will be completed at a later date.

Pirelli It is.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2018 GT Super Series - Driver Ratings due by Jan 15th

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Lister Dealers Winton Racing can announce the final line-up for 2018.

Car 13: Helio Hernandez (MEX) (DEC:me) / Karen Faraday (GBR) (DEC: RRR)
Car 57: Natsuki Yaname (JPN) (DEC:me) / Sam Winton (GBR) (DEC: me)
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Well, first of all i need a defeniteve confirmation that Seron is inelegible for Belgio.
RealRacingRoots

This wrote:Well, first of all i need a defeniteve confirmation that Seron is inelegible for Belgio.

Laurent Seron would have to skip the rounds at Paul Ricard, Monza and Indianapolis due to the fact he's racing for Gauthier in AR 3.5 on those weekends. Otherwise, he's good to go for Belgio as he won't be Platinum ranked.
GT Super Series
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

RealRacingRoots wrote:
This wrote:Well, first of all i need a defeniteve confirmation that Seron is inelegible for Belgio.

Laurent Seron would have to skip the rounds at Paul Ricard, Monza and Indianapolis due to the fact he's racing for Gauthier in AR 3.5 on those weekends. Otherwise, he's good to go for Belgio as he won't be Platinum ranked.

Then i'll have him lined up and let Justin Case race in those rounds, and when he's busy too, Kim Jong Sung will do the trick. Considering this series is still 2018, i think keeping Van Dycke wouldn't be an issue, as his endurance contract only starts in 2019. That'll make my car heavy, but otherwise there would be another too big gap in Van Dyckes career. (now if any other team wants to swap a silver driver with Van Dycke, we can arrange that)
RealRacingRoots

This wrote:
RealRacingRoots wrote:

Then i'll have him lined up and let Justin Case race in those rounds, and when he's busy too, Kim Jong Sung will do the trick. Considering this series is still 2018, i think keeping Van Dycke wouldn't be an issue, as his endurance contract only starts in 2019. That'll make my car heavy, but otherwise there would be another too big gap in Van Dyckes career. (now if any other team wants to swap a silver driver with Van Dycke, we can arrange that)

So I get everything cleared up, It'll be Van Dycke as the Starting Driver, then Seron, Case and Jong Sung sharing Second Driver time?
GT Super Series
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Yup
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

Euromotor will fill its seats with:

#44 - Alexandre Charpantier (FRA)
#45 - Patrick Feldhoffer (GER)
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
RealRacingRoots

Everyone with stuff detailed in the Missing Driver Information post has four more days to get the required stuff in. Once again, if you need more time to get whatever is required, do say that you need more time. Two weeks and change to get this stuff done should be more than enough.
GT Super Series
kevinbotz

Post by kevinbotz »

CWG Data Collection Driver Lineup - 2017:

Car #56: Darren Older Jr. / Valeri Kozar
Car #57: Ito Shidehara / Ronnie Fitzgerald
Klon, on Alt-F1 wrote: I like to think it's more poker than gambling, though.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

19 year old South African rookie Richard de Lange will drive with Whiting in the #08, I own the DECs for both of them. Sent my ratings via PM, hope it's all okay.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
RealRacingRoots

Re: 2018 GT Super Series - Test Upcoming

The Factory Tire team RNGs have been run. The results are as follows

Pirelli

1 - BMS Scuderia Italia
2 - Pagani Automobili S.p.A.

Due to it being a 50/50 shot between BMS's Heritage and Ferrari Factory status and the allure of a major R&D boost with potentially working with Pagani, the RNG was run 5 times so that it would be a conclusive result.

Result: 2 - 1 - 2 - 2 - 2, Pagani are the factory Pirelli Team.

Dunlop

1-60 - Tom Douglas Racing
61-100 - Chris Short Racing

Result: 67, CSR will be the factory Dunlop Team.

BMS Scuderia Italia's lineup will be as follows.

Car 27: Denis van Walwijk - Andrea Constantini
Car 28: Evgeny Restov - James James Davies
GT Super Series
RealRacingRoots

2018 GT Super Series - Test Day 1

A report on the First Day of the Pre-Season Test, including times from Session 3 - Qualifying Trim at Bahrain can be found at RejectSport.

The format of the Test changed to reflect the race weekend format change; with two sessions at 60 minutes each in Race Trim, and then the 20 Minute session in Qualifying Trim to end the day. Starting Drivers partake in Day 1, Second Drivers do Day 2.

Session 1 - Race Trim 1 Results:

Session 2 - Race Trim 2 Results:

Sportscar365.com wrote:
Bahrain Day 1 Notebook

*The To Be Announced race that was set to take place between the rounds at Road Gatineau and the Nurburgring has been removed from the GT Super Series Calendar, leaving the finalized race count at twelve for 2018. If the race was to be confirmed, it would've been announced some time before the Bahrain test but final discussions broke down before then. The reported final issue in negotiations relates to the Logistics package going from Gatineau, Quebec to the location of the next round which was set to take place mid to late July. The Logistics package was set to be the most costly for the series's teams, which ultimately led to the round being cut. GTSS Management confirmed on Saturday that the series plans to go back to a Thirteen round in 2019.

*People's Republic Racing are confirmed to be absent from the Pre-Season Test. While they are on the full-time entry list with a pair of Ferrari 575 GTCs, reports have surfaced that they haven't been able to finalize their plans in terms of Drivers or Budget for the the full season. Little news has surfaced from the Chinese team, but it is expected that they will make the trip to Interlagos for the opening round of the season.

*While Best In The World Motorsports are here with Haílton Fidélis, Marlin Hortin, Simon Mestach and Rêdûr Jaffer in their Murciealago R-GTs, the team has privately booked the Sakhir Circuit the two days after the formal test to conduct further driver evaluations for the upcoming season. Both of the lead drivers for them to start the year, Fidélis and Mestach, have signed to drive full time in Formula 2 and Formula 3 respectively leaving roles to be filled in Kay Lon's operation. The German, who is with the team in Bahrain, already has a group of drivers ready to take their place from within the BITW Driver Program.
Last edited by RealRacingRoots on 07 Jul 2017, 05:02, edited 1 time in total.
GT Super Series
RealRacingRoots

2018 GT Super Series - Test Day 2

A report on the Second Day of the Pre-Season Test, including times from Session 3 - Qualifying Trim at Bahrain can be found at RejectSport.

As is tradition, Day 2 features the second drivers in the cars.

Session 1 - Race Trim 1 Results:

Session 2 - Race Trim 2 Results:

With the test out of the way, next up is the first round of the championship. If you wish to juggle around your driver pairings and not have it count towards your Driver Role Change count for the year, now would be the time to do it. Do this at your own peril, most of the lineups already have their quicker driver in the starting seat. You also need to formally announce if you are going to do driver changes throughout the year to deal with various driver commitments (IPC, Protos, Formula 2 & 3, etc) before Brazil kicks off if you don't want them to count towards the Change count for the year. (Looking at you Klon)

This is also a last call if anyone wants to enter part time cars if they want to try and make the race in Brazil.
Last edited by RealRacingRoots on 07 Jul 2017, 05:04, edited 1 time in total.
GT Super Series
Normal32

Re: 2018 GT Super Series - Test Day 2 P2

Post by Normal32 »

Some changes to Boutsen Ginion's line-up:

Car #2: Kikkawa/Gauthier
Car #3: Bourne/Tucker
Pasta_maldonado wrote:I think normal32 is an old English farmer re-incarnated
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

I am quite surprised, thought the two Ruskies would equally as shite as each other. Is it too late to swap Kabirov and De Lange
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Dexter249

Post by Dexter249 »

Tires: (Please say if you are a Pirelli/Dunlop runner and you want to apply to be their factory team) : We're Running Pirelli's
Car 98 Drivers: Claudio "Il Magnifico" Bandini (ITA)/Peter Harrison (GBR)
Car 99 Drivers (Optional): Daniel Einfeldt (GER)/Daniel Von Schweiger (GER)
The Team announces a near all rookie lineup, However Bandini and Einfeldt are not to be underestimated as they have been driving GT Cars in the VLN at the Nurburgring and have had several wins there, and with PRR's massive amounts of money gained from the Chinese cruise Market, all three drivers we're swooped up with huge contracts to run the GTSS in 2018.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Autosport wrote:Winton: People's Republic Racing is a "scam"

In a very public statement, Lister Dealers Winton Racing owner/driver Sam Winton dismissed People's Republic Racing as a "scam".

Subscribe to Autosport+ for more

Sam Winton wrote:We've heard nothing from these guys up until now, they didn't show up to either pre-season test. All we had was their statement of entry, and now a purportedly all-Chinese team hires four Westerners, with made-up racing experience to boot? I don't buy it, this reeks of freshly-caught cod.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
RealRacingRoots

Dexter249 wrote:Tires: (Please say if you are a Pirelli/Dunlop runner and you want to apply to be their factory team) : We're Running Pirelli's
Car 98 Drivers: Claudio "Il Magnifico" Bandini (ITA)/Peter Harrison (GBR)
Car 99 Drivers (Optional): Daniel Einfeldt (GER)/Daniel Von Schweiger (GER)
The Team announces a near all rookie lineup, However Bandini and Einfeldt are not to be underestimated as they have been driving GT Cars in the VLN at the Nurburgring and have had several wins there, and with PRR's massive amounts of money gained from the Chinese cruise Market, all three drivers we're swooped up with huge contracts to run the GTSS in 2018.

If you want your cars to be on the grid for Brazil, you'll also need to fill out their driver ratings and PM them to me, in accordance to what goes on in this post.
GT Super Series
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Full plans for 2018:

Car #11
Race 1: Simon Mestach / Rêdûr Jaffer
Race 2: Simon Mestach / Rêdûr Jaffer
Race 3: Simon Mestach / Rêdûr Jaffer
Race 4: Simon Mestach / Rêdûr Jaffer
Race 5: Simon Mestach / Rêdûr Jaffer
Race 6: Maven O'Connor / Rêdûr Jaffer
Race 7: Maven O'Connor / Rêdûr Jaffer
Race 8: Koyomi Setou / Rêdûr Jaffer
Race 9: Koyomi Setou / Rêdûr Jaffer
Race 10: Koyomi Setou / Rêdûr Jaffer
Race 11: Koyomi Setou / Rêdûr Jaffer
Race 12: Koyomi Setou / Rêdûr Jaffer
Race 13: Koyomi Setou / Rêdûr Jaffer

Car #96
Race 1: Haílton Fidélis / Marlin Hortin
Race 2: Haílton Fidélis / Marlin Hortin
Race 3: Haílton Fidélis / Marlin Hortin
Race 4: Haílton Fidélis / Marlin Hortin
Race 5: Sandra Yoo / Marlin Hortin
Race 6: Sandra Yoo / Marlin Hortin
Race 7: Sandra Yoo / Marlin Hortin
Race 8: Sandra Yoo / Marlin Hortin
Race 9: Sandra Yoo / Marlin Hortin
Race 10: Sandra Yoo / Marlin Hortin
Race 11: Sandra Yoo / Marlin Hortin
Race 12: Sandra Yoo / Marlin Hortin
Race 13: Sandra Yoo / Marlin Hortin
RealRacingRoots

Re: 2018 GT Super Series - Brazil Weekend P2

Round of Brazil: Pre-Qualifying Results

Weather: Heavy Cloud but Dry

Top 18 partake in the rest of the weekend. In case you weren't keeping track at home, it's just a 30 Minute Timed session instead of the 15 Minute Qualifying Session then a 30 Minute Sprint Race.
Last edited by RealRacingRoots on 07 Jul 2017, 05:05, edited 1 time in total.
GT Super Series
RealRacingRoots

Re: 2018 GT Super Series - Brazil Weekend P2

Round of Brazil: Practice 1 Results

Friday Afternoon Weather: Heavy Cloud and Constant Rain throughout the session

Round of Brazil: Practice 2 Results

Saturday Morning Weather: Light Cloud, no rain.

Results and a Report on the Qualifying Session can be found at RejectSport. The weather for the session was light cound with no rain.
Last edited by RealRacingRoots on 07 Jul 2017, 05:06, edited 1 time in total.
GT Super Series
RealRacingRoots

Re: 2018 GT Super Series - Brazil Race -> RSport

The full race report and results can be found at RejectSport.

Weather: Heavy Cloud and Dry to Start -> Moderate Rain Fall -> Brief Break from the Rain -> Heavy Rain to finish the race

Fastest Lap – Car 6 (Gulf Aston Martin – Rossi/Davidson) – 1:25.277

Car 11 (Best In the World Lamborghini - Mestach/Jaffer) will finish classified as they completed 90% of the Race Winner's Distance.

Car 57 has been Excluded from the race results because of dangerous driving in the pit lane from their starting driver, Ito Shidehara. The driver missed their pit stall during a round of pit stops and instead of doing another lap to try and make the stall, elected to stop the car and go into reverse in the fast lane to enter their pit stall. Shidehara has been given a one-race suspended ban, effective until the Molson GT Gatineau.

Second Driver for Car 57 (Ronnie Fitzgerald) has been given a Formal Warning for not complying with Blue Flags during the Round of Brazil.

Infinite Improbability Drive of the Race – Haílton Fidélis and Marlin Hortin: Getting caught out in the early carnage and then grinding it back deserves some recognition.

Reject of The Race – Ito Shidehara: Missing your pit box and then going into reverse in the fast lane to get back to it is dangerous, and rejectful to say the least.
GT Super Series
RealRacingRoots

Re: 2018 GT Super Series - Brazil Race -> RSport

So um uhhhh, if you want to see the points going forward here ya go. Don't expect there to be wiki tables though unless someone else does them. Least fun thing of everything here.

Link: http://pastebin.com/6yty3UD0
Last edited by RealRacingRoots on 22 Mar 2017, 05:43, edited 1 time in total.
GT Super Series
RealRacingRoots

2018 GT Super Series - Yas Weekend P2

Yas Supercar Festival: Pre-Qualifying

Weather: Clear and Dry (I mean duh)

Top 18 partake in the rest of the weekend.
Last edited by RealRacingRoots on 07 Jul 2017, 05:57, edited 1 time in total.
GT Super Series
RealRacingRoots

2018 GT Super Series - Yas Weekend P2

Yas Supercar Festival: Practice 1 Results

Yas Supercar Festival: Practice 2 Results

Results and the Report on the Qualifying Session can be found at RejectSport.
Last edited by RealRacingRoots on 07 Jul 2017, 06:07, edited 1 time in total.
GT Super Series
RealRacingRoots

2018 GT Super Series - Yas Race -> RSport

The full race report and results for the Yas Supercar Festival can be found at RejectSport.

Weather: Clear and Dry

Fastest Lap – Car 6 (Gulf Aston Martin - Rossi/Davidson) – 2:07.583

Cars 61 (Fulcrum Maserati - Navarro/Simmons) and 77 (Minarae Ferrari - Scott/Massini) will finish classified as they completed 90% of the Race Winner's Distance.

Infinite Improbability Drive of the Race – Paul Jenkins and Luc Pellerin: Earned their fourth place in class after struggling with pace so far this year.

Reject of The Race - Best In The World: A spin from Hortin resulted in two very damaged Lambos as Jaffer ran out of talent in failing to avoid his teammate.

The video of the battle for the win on the final lap can be found here.
GT Super Series
RealRacingRoots

2018 GT Super Series - UK Weekend P2

RAC Tourist Trophy: Pre-Qualifying Results

Weather: Overcast but dry

Last edited by RealRacingRoots on 07 Jul 2017, 06:45, edited 1 time in total.
GT Super Series
RealRacingRoots

Re: 2018 GT Super Series - UK Weekend P2

RAC Tourist Trophy: Practice 1 Results

Weather: Overcast but dry

RAC Tourist Trophy: Practice 2 Results

Weather: Light Rain and Damp Track -> Overcast but dry

Results and the Report on Qualifying can be found at RejectSport. The weather was clear and dry.
Last edited by RealRacingRoots on 07 Jul 2017, 07:15, edited 1 time in total.
GT Super Series
RealRacingRoots

Re: 2018 GT Super Series - UK Weekend P2

Astana - 2019?

The first bidder for the thirteenth race slot on the 2019 GT Super Series calendar has been announced with the bid coming from the Astana Presidential Sports Club.

The Sports Club, represented on the grid by part-time entry Team Astana Motors, announced the bid at a press conference Friday afternoon before the Practice Session. The bid would see the race held at the Astana Motorpark, a new race circuit currently under construction in the outskirts of the Kazakhstani capital. The circuit is the latest to be designed by the Tilke Engineering firm and is set to be a part of the Astana Sports Park, a collection of training facilities for the various teams that are a part of the Astana Presidental Sports Club. The circuit is scheduled to be completed in May 2019 before a proposed race date that would see the race be a double-header with the round in Zhuhai, China.

Club president Bakhtiyar Artayev was in attendance for the Press Conferance and ehcoed the optimism that was shared by Club sponsored driver Nikov Time, "The Sports Park is something that we are very proud of, once it is completed it will be one of the great places to represent ourselves on the world stage. The race will potentially be the feather in its cap."

Lynxe Reveals its Claws

In the second press conference in a matter of hours, high-profile clothing line Lynxe unveiled its part-time program for the Rolex GT Super Series and the beginning of its Driver Program.

Unveiling the team's Chevrolet Corvette C5-R would be company CEO Juliette Lauvais and the first three drivers in the Driver Program: AMR Team Falken Tire driver Olivia Geiszler and newcomers to the program Emma Pescatore and Maria Rodriguez. The purpose of the program being to promote promising Female drivers to allow them to continue rising the Auto Racing ranks through financial support and Lynxe's own team, Lynxe Development International. Pescatore and Rodriguez will drive the Corvette in four rounds of the 2018 Season: the races in France, Italy, the United States and Canada.

Both Pescatore and Rodriguez were visbily delighted to be the first donning the iconic dark blue and orange of the Lyxne brand. "For me, GT Super Series is a championship I've always dreamed of competing in," said Pescatore. Her teammate Rodriguez however, was a little more bombastic with her thoughts on racing for the first time in the series. "Being deemed worthy of a contract for a team in a league as prestigious as GTSS is a great honor... no one in the paddock shall doubt I belong on the grid this year."
GT Super Series
RealRacingRoots

2018 GT Super Series - UK Race Report -> RSport

The full race report and results for the RAC Tourist Trophy can be found at RejectSport.

Weather: Various levels of cloud throughout the race, no rain.

Fastest Lap – Car 6 (Gulf Aston Martin – Rossi/Davidson) – 1:53.612

Car 21 (Belgio Ferrari - Dycke/Seron) will finish classified as they completed 90% of the Race Winner's Distance.

Car 11 (Best In The World Lamborghini - Mestach/Jaffer) has been assessed a 15 Second Penalty for causing an Avoidable Collision with Car 2 (Boutsen Ginion Corvette - Kikkawa/Gauthier).

Infinite Improbability Drive of the Race – John Magnus and Olivia Geiszler: Fought tooth and nail through the mid pack and got rewarded nicely with Falken’s first points of the year.

Reject of The Race – Tom Douglas Racing: A poor race setup meant that the boys were spinning more often than not, and running into each other when they did spin.
GT Super Series
RealRacingRoots

2018 GT Super Series - France Weekend P2

Round of France: Pre-Qualifying Results

Weather: Clear and Dry (will be such all weekend)

Last edited by RealRacingRoots on 07 Jul 2017, 07:58, edited 1 time in total.
GT Super Series