DMoTR - Dick Move of The Race/Year

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
razta

DMoTR - Dick Move of The Race/Year

Post by razta »

Rather self explanatory..
We've got the RoTR/Y DTMoTR/Y (Deadbeat Team Mate of the Race/Year)

Now a new category - Dick Move of the Race/Year to be awarded to the driver/FIA ruling/team Order for something that we see as a proper dick move i.e usually caused by lack of judgement or extreme selfishness or just down right wrong.

Nominations please!
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Re: DMoTR - Dick Move of The Race/Year

Post by WeirdKerr »

razta wrote:Rather self explanatory..

Now a new category - Dick Move of the Race/Year to be awarded to the driver/FIA ruling/team Order for something that we see as a proper dick move i.e usually caused by lack of judgement or extreme selfishness or just down right wrong.

Nominations please!

Hamilton trying to back Rosberg into the pack.....
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Helmut Marko for succeeding in upholding his reputation as 'most unlikeable person in Formula 1' by sacking Daniil Kvyat four races into a season for a single bathplug.
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
Samster

Post by Samster »

Rob Dylan wrote:Helmut Marko for succeeding in upholding his reputation as 'most unlikeable person in Formula 1' by sacking Daniil Kvyat four races into a season for a single bathplug.

Well technically it was two bathplugs. :P
Meatwad

Post by Meatwad »

I nominate Mercedes for their conduct during the last two race weekends. I don't believe in conspiracy theories in general but it really looked like they wanted Rosberg to win. Asking drivers from other teams not to intervene when one of their drivers needed such intervention to have a chance of winning. Telling a driver not to hold up his team mate when that was his only chance to win (and the other driver hadn't even made an attempt to overtake). I would understand these if there was a risk of losing the championship to someone else, but they had already clinched both titles so it shouldn't matter. As ridiculous as it sounds, I think the whole conflict was handled better by Rosberg and Hamilton themselves than the rest of the team!
Izzyeviel

Post by Izzyeviel »

Sauber for scoring those points at Interlagos. Wankers.
razta

Post by razta »

Meatwad wrote:I nominate Mercedes for their conduct during the last two race weekends. I don't believe in conspiracy theories in general but it really looked like they wanted Rosberg to win. Asking drivers from other teams not to intervene when one of their drivers needed such intervention to have a chance of winning. Telling a driver not to hold up his team mate when that was his only chance to win (and the other driver hadn't even made an attempt to overtake). I would understand these if there was a risk of losing the championship to someone else, but they had already clinched both titles so it shouldn't matter. As ridiculous as it sounds, I think the whole conflict was handled better by Rosberg and Hamilton themselves than the rest of the team!

"The very plain objective of an F1 team is to win every race, and ideally get a one-two. And it was clearly expressed to the drivers,"
"We don't mind which order it's in, but we're after a one-two, and we were not going to distort those objectives in favour of the drivers' World Championship."

There it is in black-and-white: Mercedes want to win the WCC and the WDC, they want a 1-2, and they don't want any untoward antics that would jeopardise that. I believe the team's objective is winning everything they can and minimising risk. They do not favour one driver over another. That's left to armchair internet pundits/experts. The team undoubtedly has bonuses and reputations on the line if a situation occurs that is out of their control, but which should not be.

On that note DMOTR = Lewis Hamilton, for not doing what he's paid to do, which is to extract the maximum from the car.
IceG

Post by IceG »

Nominate Horner/Marko/etc. for blocking Sainz leaving Toro Rosso to go to a factory team. He is clearly a top-notch driver who is being held back for if/when Ricciardo/Verstappen leave. Hope next year's TR is as good as/better than Newey's RB and we can see the dick moves of one team's management telling another team to move over.

Yes it does annoy me.
razta

Post by razta »

So for the season:

1. Australia
2. Bahrain
3. China
4. Russia
5. Spain
6. Monaco
7. Canada
8. Europe
9. Austria
10. Great Britain
11. Hungary
12. Germany
13. Belgium
14. Italy
15. Singapore
16. Malaysia
17. Japan
18. USA
19. Mexico
20. Brazil
21. UAE
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Post by ADx_Wales »

8 - Europe

Dick move goes to whoever it was, Possibly Bernie, to go up against the remaining hours of the Le Mans 24 Hour race.

Even if it worked (which it didnt). Even if the #5 Toyota won in France (which it didn't). Even if there was a written in stone rule that the two should never clash (which there isn't...)
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

1. Australia:
- Max Verstappen for demanding that his team move his teammate out of the way, then proceeding to hit said teammate, nearly taking both of them off.
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
sswishbone

Post by sswishbone »

USA - Verstappen for ignoring team guidance on tyres stating he wasn't here to finish fourth, screwed up pit stop, damaged car and ruined team result
"Hispania are a waste of talent and petrol!" Martin Brundle, Australia Qualifying 2011

Live streams and podcasts from yours truly at http://www.youtube.com/user/sswishbone
razta

Post by razta »

WeirdKerr wrote:
razta wrote:Rather self explanatory..

Nominations please!

Hamilton trying to back Rosberg into the pack.....

Hamilton in Spain for going for a gap that doesn't exist.. and for using Senna's quote as a justification for his actions... even though like rest of his fanboys, he probably doesn't know that Senna himself 12 months after that interview actually fessed up it was a lie.
yannicksamlad
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yannicksamlad »

Kevin M for spending the last half of a race deliberately going slowly and holding up his team-mate, braking early and cruising through slow corners instead of racing , and putting the team result at risk by letting a train of cars catch up, despite the team telling him not to mess around , and only being concerned with making himself look good ...............................................................................hang on...that wasn't Kevin.....that was Lewis..

Kevin was FP3 Montreal crashing while warming up the tyres when the team needed a break.
I started supporting Emmo in 1976 (3 points )....missed 75, 74, 73, 72...
Aislabie

Post by Aislabie »

Pierre Gasly for brazenly announcing that he'd be in Kvyat's seat by Singapore.

Maybe also Gutierrez for being Gutierrez.

And can we perhaps call this the Ayrton Senna Memorial Trophy or something, please? I'm sure it's a fitting legacy for him. He is not a Reject in the official sense, but I think the fact that he was literally prepared to risk killing someone in order to win is pretty telling.
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

Kvyat getting fired and demoted to Toro Rosso after his home race for me. Although Marko probably made one of the best drive changes in all F1 history.
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

Dj_bereta wrote:Kvyat getting fired and demoted to Toro Rosso after his home race for me. Although Marko probably made one of the best drive changes in all F1 history.

Apart from Mansell winning his first race for Ferrari I don't think that was bettered before or will be bettered since
DonTirri
Location: Herttoniemi, Helsinki, Finland, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way.

Post by DonTirri »

WeirdKerr wrote:
Dj_bereta wrote:Kvyat getting fired and demoted to Toro Rosso after his home race for me. Although Marko probably made one of the best drive changes in all F1 history.

Apart from Mansell winning his first race for Ferrari I don't think that was bettered before or will be bettered since

Räikkönen actually one-upped Mansell in that regard. He not only won his first race for Ferrari but also won the WDC on his first year for Ferrari.
I got Pointed Opinions and I ain't afraid to use em!
F1rejects no.1Räikkönen and Vettel fan.
BTW, thats Räikkönen with two K's and two N's. Not Raikonnen (Raikkonen is fine if you have no umlauts though)
TheFlyingCaterham

Post by TheFlyingCaterham »

Perhaps whoever decided to keep the knockout qualifying for Bahrain despite the teams voting against it plus it being unpopular with pretty much everyone?
Resident Track Designer Addict

2016 F1Rejects Track Designing Competition Champion
2017 F1Rejects Track Designing Competition Runner-Up

More of a reader than a poster on these forums, so I won't post much compared to others.
andrew

Post by andrew »

The stewards rules in Austria for not allowing Force India to tell Perez his brakes were about to explode.

Max Verstappen In Belgium for trying to send Raikkonen into the trees.

Vettel in China for crashing into his teammate, and then spending the next few laps blaming Kvyat on the radio (the same goes for Vettel in Mexico, namely telling Charlie where to go.)
yannicksamlad
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yannicksamlad »

andrew wrote:The stewards rules in Austria for not allowing Force India to tell Perez his brakes were about to explode.

Yes, this brake thing was just incomprehensible. I still think they should ensure brakes are big, capable , well cooled and thoroughly safe. And stop brake ducts from being aero devices - mandate a minimum ( very adequate) size , and permit blanking if necessary . This year of course as they'll go faster round the corners they won't need to brake so much ( although peak load should increase using bigger tyres?)
I started supporting Emmo in 1976 (3 points )....missed 75, 74, 73, 72...