2019 Anglo-Irish F4 - Finished, you can all go home now

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.

How many rounds do you want on the 2020 calendar?

10's fine
50%
11-15
40%
16-20
10%

Total votes: 10

Bobby Doorknobs

2019 Anglo-Irish F4 - Finished, you can all go home now

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

A good afternoon to you all. With the inaugural 2018 F4 season completed (Grand Finale at the Valley notwithstanding), preparations for the second Anglo-Irish season are now underway. As ever, here are the things that are worth knowing for those of you competing or just generally curious:

The Simulator

Geoff Crammond's Grand Prix 2, a 20-year-old game that remains GP Rejects' favourite management sim. It may have its limitations, but the AI is at least pretty stable most of the time.

The Cars

All one-make. The template will be This Could Be You's (round of applause) Dome F4 chassis, though in-universe it will be the Mygale chassis the real-life series uses, powered by Ford's 1.6-litre EcoBoost engine, (now with less blowups!).

The Drivers

Both real-life and fictional drivers are allowed. The usual system will be in place: RNG for existing, DEC owner permission for make-believe. However, any driver who has raced in more senior categories (pretty much anywhere, in other words) will very likely be rejected, either by the DEC owner (most of them are level-headed enough to reject, I trust) or through Based RNG™. Also, a minimum age restriction will be introduced this year: All drivers must be at least 15 years old before the first race, and that age must be reflected on either the canon drivers list spreadsheet or the driver's wiki page in the case of fictional drivers, or whatever proof of age can be found for real-life ones.

Furthermore, as this is a series set entirely in Britain and Ireland, I expect most of the entries to consist of British and Irish drivers. With the existence of other F4 series in other regions of the world, it wouldn't make a lot of sense for drivers from said regions racing here (unless the grid is full in one of those other series, in which case feel free). I'm not going to outright reject any non-British or Irish entries or enforce a specific quota, I'm just going to ask you to be reasonable.

There will also be a pretty basic driver upgrade system put in place to help alleviate some of the frustrations felt by team owners last year. There will be three tests; the pre-season test will determine the performance of all the rookies and will also represent a chance for 2018 drivers to improve their performance within a certain range. The other two tests will solely be about improvement. Basically, the tests themselves are a glorified RNG.

The Teams

There will be a maximum of 26 cars, with 1-2 cars per entrant. If the 26-car quota is not met before the season start a number of teams will be invited to expand to three or perhaps four cars to fill that quota. As with drivers, British and Irish entrants are heavily encouraged. Remember that this is a national level championship, so entities like Voeckler won't exactly be at home here.

Also, as with the real series, there will be no teams championship, so you don't stand to gain much by entering a second, third or fourth car.

The Race Weekend

The race weekend will follow the standard double-header format used in other FIA formulae: Two races with a separate qualifying session for each. Both races will approximate 40 km in length.

The Points System

As with the race weekend format, points will be awarded in accordance to the system used in other FIA formulae:

1 - 15 pts
2 - 12 pts
3 - 10 pts
4 - 8 pts
5 - 6 pts
6 - 5 pts
7 - 4 pts
8 - 3 pts
9 - 2 pts
10 - 1 pt
Pole Position - 2 pts

The Penalty System

The penalty system the series used last year was not very popular, particularly in races where Emanuele Pirro was our guest steward. For 2019 Anglo-Irish F4 will be adopting the penalty points system introduced by the Italian series last year. Under it, drivers who commit any breach of regulations and/or dangerous on-track behaviour will be given penalty points. Drivers who accumulate 20 penalty points will serve a one weekend ban, which applies across all FIA Formula 4 series worldwide. Drivers who accumulate 40 will serve a one calendar year ban from all F4 series. Penalty points expire 12 months from the date of issue, and roll over into the next season if applicable.

The full list of F4 drivers who currently have penalty points on their licence can be found in the spreadsheet linked below (the credit for which goes to Biscione):

http://formularejects.com/f4penalties

The Rookie Cup

Now that we're into the second season it makes sense to introduce another feature from the real-life series: That thing that's in bold and underlined just above this. Not much to explain really, it's a separate rookie championship that uses the same points system as the regular championship. That's it...

The Race Calendar

A nice and even ten rounds. As previously explained at the end of 2018, there's a little more rigidity to the structure of the calendar: Four British circuits, four Irish circuits, one support round for the British Grand Prix, with the tenth round taking place on the same track that hosts the season opener. This honour is rotated between the two islands. Because Brands Hatch did it last year for Britain, Mondello Park has that distinction for Ireland this year. The full calendar is:

Pembrey pre-season test: 4-6 March
1. Vivion Daly Trophy - Mondello Park National Circuit: 6-7 April
2. Guards Trophy - Brands Hatch Indy Circuit: 20-21 April
3. BRDC International Trophy - Silverstone National Circuit: 11-12 May
Silverstone mid-season test: 13-15 May
4. International Gold Cup - Oulton Park Island Circuit: 1-2 June
5. Martin Donnelly Trophy - Kirkistown: 22-23 June
6. Lincolnshire International Trophy - Cadwell Park: 6-7 July
Snetterton mid-season test: 15-17 July
7. Ulster Trophy - Bishopscourt International Circuit: 20-21 July
8. Dublin Grand Prix - Phoenix Park: 3-4 August
9. British F4 Grand Prix - Donington Park National Circuit: 24-25 August
10. Leinster Trophy - Mondello Park International Circuit: 14-15 September

Now, Bishopscourt currently only exists in the form of an unusable DIY job I did on my laptop, while Phoenix Park doesn't exist at all in GP2. I did intend to recreate barebones versions of these historic Irish circuits and, as I alluded to, a version of Bishopscourt exists, but other things got in the way of dedicating more time to completing these projects. Instead of simply giving up, I will be using other circuits as stand-ins. Seeing as I no longer include lap time data in my results, I don't expect it will cause any massive issues. Please comment below if you wish to prove me wrong. :P

The Entry List

FXS Racing (AdrianBelmonte_)
Räikkönen-Robertson Racing (Normal32)
National Jones F4 (AndreaModa)
Christopherson Racing (DemocalypseNow)
Carlin (Gonzalez)
Falik Arrows (SuperAguri*)
Arden International (Ataxia)
Panthera Britain Young Driver Team (alg2159)
Fortec Motorsport (CaptainGetz12)
Peak Aeroracing Engineering (V8fan12)
BORC Development UK (This Could Be You)
Team Macmillan (kevinbotz)
Calinetic Junior Squad (Miguel98)
MK Scuderia (Pinkd56)
Hunter Autosport (peteroli34)

*DemocalypseNow as acting team manager

Driver lineups.

The Waiting Room

The place where latecomers can sit down and read some of our tacky newspapers and magazines until one of the existing team owners has decided he's had enough. Want to join in? Do let me know and you can have a spot here.

1. Bandon23 (applied 27/02/2017 at 16:51)
2. pasta_maldonado (applied 27/02/2017 at 17:05)
3. Pilot8 (applied 04/03/2017 at 15:38)
4. takagi_for_the_win (applied 22/03/2017 at 23:33)
#FreeGonzo
Miguel98

Re: 2019 Anglo-Irish F4 - Guess Who's Back!

Post by Miguel98 »

Calinetic will continue on into 2019.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
Pinkd56
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Pinkd56 »

MK Scuderia will return in 2019!
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

Hunter Autosport will return fro 2019
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Arden will return for 2019.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

Peak Aeroracing will be back to compete for the championship in 2019
Owner of the Peak Motorsport Group.

Biscione wrote:I mean, Renaldo Jimenez, could you ask for a more world class pay driver? Who even is Alexey Buyvolov, amirite?
Normal32

Post by Normal32 »

RRR confirms their participation in '19.
Pasta_maldonado wrote:I think normal32 is an old English farmer re-incarnated
alg2159

Post by alg2159 »

Panthera Britain Young Driver Team will continue in 2019
kevinbotz

Post by kevinbotz »

Team Macmillan confirms its participation for 2019.
Klon, on Alt-F1 wrote: I like to think it's more poker than gambling, though.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

I'm in for 2019.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
AdrianBelmonte_

Post by AdrianBelmonte_ »

FXS confirms FXS for 2019
#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Fortec Motorsport will return for 2019.
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Enigma Brawn will withdraw. Thank you anyway for your effort with this game. :)
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

As enjoyable as the series is, with Burrell moving up to F3 already, I have no concrete plans for this particular series, so will withdraw and ask to be put on the waiting list, allowing TCBY a slot.

That means it's just me, and so if SuperAguri does not return in time to confirm the continuance of Falik Arrows, I will offer to do the same as I did for his factory Nissan team and keep it ticking over, with the intention of renewing the Morioka/Belcher pairing for another season.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
This Could Be You

Post by This Could Be You »

Thanks, DemocalypseNow; BORC UK Development (BUKD) will announce its plans shortly.
Your Signature Here

Named after HRT, now on HRT
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

DemocalypseNow wrote:As enjoyable as the series is, with Burrell moving up to F3 already, I have no concrete plans for this particular series, so will withdraw and ask to be put on the waiting list, allowing TCBY a slot.

That means it's just me, and so if SuperAguri does not return in time to confirm the continuance of Falik Arrows, I will offer to do the same as I did for his factory Nissan team and keep it ticking over, with the intention of renewing the Morioka/Belcher pairing for another season.

Given that there is no scheduling clash between F4 and F5000 (and that F5000 doesn't run between April and September), Belcher wouldn't mind double-dutying in case.
sw3ishida wrote:Jolyon Palmer brought us closer as a couple, for which I am grateful.

Ataxia wrote:
Londoner wrote:Something I've thought about - what happens to our canon should we have a worldwide recession or some other outside event?

We'll be fine. It's Canon, non Kodak.
Bobby Doorknobs

Re: 2019 Anglo-Irish F4 - Driver signings!

DemocalypseNow wrote:As enjoyable as the series is, with Burrell moving up to F3 already, I have no concrete plans for this particular series, so will withdraw and ask to be put on the waiting list, allowing TCBY a slot.

Well, we're sorry to lose Jack Christopherson's participation and even more sorry that Burrell will leave F4 having somehow not won a single race (I still don't know how this was possible...).

Anyway, in light of the circumstances surrounding Super's absence, I will take that as a confirmation of Falik Arrows' continued participation under his nominal ownership, with Biscione in a caretaker role until further notice.

Now we move on. I did have an "empty waiting list" policy that I was willing to enforce by doing whatever was necessary to get Gonzalez and This Could Be You on the 2019 grid, but with the withdrawals of Enigma Brawn and Christopherson there is luckily no need to carry out the cutback measures, at least not to the extent I had planned. However, there are still fourteen teams expecting to be on the grid in 2019, meaning two will be forced to run single car operations. Is this a bad thing? Not necessarily, there is after all no teams' championship to worry about and last year's champion drove for a one-car team. I do have a couple of ways of determining who will be the ones forced to cut down to a single car. For now, I will go for the fairest way: Asking someone to volunteer. If I get no volunteers (and don't feel bad if you don't, there have been far more nefarious practices in the ASMF ;)), then I will be forced to go for option B or C, which I will not elaborate on now in case it influences people's decisions.

But enough of this, the main priority for now is driver signings! I would like for everyone concerned to fill out the form below by Tuesday, the 3rd January:

Code: Select all

Team Name: 
Nationality:
Car Numbers (2-99, 1 reserved for FXS Racing):

---- First Driver ----
Candidate:
Date of Birth:
Nationality:
Real or Fictional:
DEC User (if fictional):

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

---- Second Driver (optional)----
Candidate:
Date of Birth:
Nationality:
Real or Fictional:
DEC User (if fictional):
#FreeGonzo
Pinkd56
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Pinkd56 »

Team Name: MK Scuderia
Nationality: GBR
Car Numbers (2-99, 1 reserved for FXS Racing): 94/95

---- First Driver ----
Candidate: Ken Wyn Jones
Nationality: Great Britain (Wales)
Real or Fictional: Fictional
DEC User (if fictional): Pinkd56

Candidate: Gabriel Hoffmann
Nationality: Luxembourg
DEC User (if fictional): pasta_maldonado
Last edited by Pinkd56 on 29 Dec 2016, 13:55, edited 1 time in total.
This Could Be You

Team: BORC Development UK (BUKD)
Nationality: JPN/GBR
Numbers: #30, #31

---First Driver---
Name: Toshio Maka
Nationality: JPN
DOB: 03/05/02
Fictional
DEC: me

--Second Driver---
Name: Siobhán de Bhailéara
Nationality: IRL
DOB: 05/01/03
Fictional
DEC: novitopoli

If a livery is needed, we'll do it ourselves.
Last edited by This Could Be You on 27 Dec 2016, 16:55, edited 2 times in total.
Your Signature Here

novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

Irish karting ace Siobhán de Bhailéara (DOB 05/01/2003)'s looking for a seat in this year's AIF4.
sw3ishida wrote:Jolyon Palmer brought us closer as a couple, for which I am grateful.

Ataxia wrote:
Londoner wrote:Something I've thought about - what happens to our canon should we have a worldwide recession or some other outside event?

Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Team Name:
Nationality:

---- First Driver ----
Candidate: Collin Dalley Jr.
Nationality: Jamaican
Real or Fictional: Real
DEC User (if fictional):

Candidate: Magda Szervánszky
Nationality: Hungarian
DEC User (if fictional): Ataxia
Last edited by Miguel98 on 28 Dec 2016, 19:08, edited 3 times in total.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
Bobby Doorknobs

I've added a "Date of Birth" field for people to fill in, just so I can more quickly get an idea of drivers' ages. Anyone caught lying will be punished. :P

This Could Be You wrote:If a livery is needed, we'll do it ourselves.

I was a bit iffy about doing liveries, especially when the measures I would have taken in the event of there being more than 14 teams would have rendered doing them... confusing, to say the least. But if you want to do one, then that's fine. I need to differentiate between the cars somehow anyway!

Miguel98 wrote:Team Name:
Nationality:

I'm guessing those spaces weren't supposed to be blank? ;)

Also, with regards to Brierley, from the evidence I can find the dude was in uni at least five years ago and now has a beard. He's no kid, that's for sure!
#FreeGonzo
Normal32

Post by Normal32 »

Team Name: Raikkonen-Robertson Racing
Nationality: Great Britain
Car Numbers (2-99): 2-7

---- First Driver ----
Candidate: Clara Descoteaux
Nationality: Canada
DEC User (if fictional): Normal32

---- Second Driver ----
Candidate: Shawn DiBenedetto
Nationality: USA
DEC User (if fictional): novitopoli
Last edited by Normal32 on 27 Dec 2016, 18:47, edited 2 times in total.
Pasta_maldonado wrote:I think normal32 is an old English farmer re-incarnated
V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

Team Name: Peak Aeroracing Engineering
Nationality: British
Car Numbers (2-99, 1 reserved for FXS Racing): 26, 27

---- First Driver ----
Candidate: Jemma Triggs
Date of Birth: 03/12/2003
DEC User (if fictional): Me

Candidate: Gerallt Davies
Date of Birth: 27/08/2003
Owner of the Peak Motorsport Group.

Biscione wrote:I mean, Renaldo Jimenez, could you ask for a more world class pay driver? Who even is Alexey Buyvolov, amirite?
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

It would appear Seamus Belcher has moved back to his homeland to participate in Formula 5000, so I will volunteer Falik Arrows to be one of the teams reducing to a single car.

Team Name: Falik Arrows
Nationality: NGR
Car Numbers (2-99, 1 reserved for FXS Racing): 13

---- First Driver ----
Candidate: Nakaguri Morioka
Date of Birth: 13/01/2003
DEC User (if fictional): SuperAguri

Miguel98 wrote:---- Second Driver (optional)----
Candidate: Enaam Ahmed

I don't really think this bid should be valid? Ahmed was British F3 champion in real life only a few months ago...in a car which is composed of a Tatuus F4 chassis mated to a 230hp Cosworth engine. Too much experience for this level, surely.

Image Image
Bobby Doorknobs

DemocalypseNow wrote:
Miguel98 wrote:---- Second Driver (optional)----
Candidate: Enaam Ahmed

I don't really think this bid should be valid? Ahmed was British F3 champion in real life only a few months ago...in a car which is composed of a Tatuus F4 chassis mated to a 230hp Cosworth engine. Too much experience for this level, surely.

He actually bid for Ahmed last year and got turned down. And he's not even the British F3 champion; all he won was the Autumn Trophy!

But yeah, the RNG values for that second Calinetic seat aren't looking good...
#FreeGonzo
This Could Be You

novitopoli wrote:Irish karting ace Siobhán de Bhailéara (DOB 05/01/2003)'s looking for a seat in this year's AIF4.

BORC would be interested in signing her in the second car
Your Signature Here

DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

I had completely forgotten I had offered a drive to Ione Wilkerson for Christopherson Racing in 2019, and I don't like leaving my commitments unfulfilled, so Falik and Christopherson will just have to be two one car teams.

Team Name: Christopherson Racing
Car Numbers (2-99, 1 reserved for FXS Racing): 5

---- First Driver ----
Candidate: Ione Wilkerson
Date of Birth: 15/02/2003

Image Image
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

This Could Be You wrote:
novitopoli wrote:Irish karting ace Siobhán de Bhailéara (DOB 05/01/2003)'s looking for a seat in this year's AIF4.

BORC would be interested in signing her in the second car

She's in!

Ataxia wrote:

Bobby Doorknobs

DemocalypseNow wrote:I had completely forgotten I had offered a drive to Ione Wilkerson for Christopherson Racing in 2019, and I don't like leaving my commitments unfulfilled, so Falik and Christopherson will just have to be two one car teams.

Team Name: Christopherson Racing
Car Numbers (2-99, 1 reserved for FXS Racing): 5

---- First Driver ----
Candidate: Ione Wilkerson
Date of Birth: 15/02/2003

Okay, so there will definitely be no more accepted entries. With Christopherson becoming a one-car team and Falik Arrows also going the same route, I will still need two more volunteers for going the single-car route.
#FreeGonzo
Gonzalez

Post by Gonzalez »

Team Name: Carlin
Car Numbers : 10,16

---- First Driver ----
Candidate: Odhrán Mac Aodha
Date of Birth: 04/12/02
Nationality: Irish

---- Second Driver ----
Candidate: Harry Platten (To be decided by RNG)
Date of Birth: Unknown. Aged15/16? (http://www.hertfordshiremercury.co.uk/great-amwell-kart-kid-harry-hoping-follow-lewis-hamiltons-footsteps/story-22009101-detail/story.html)
DEC User (if fictional):
Last edited by Gonzalez on 27 Dec 2016, 17:50, edited 2 times in total.
Bobby Doorknobs

Gonzalez wrote:Team Name:
Car Numbers : 5

---- First Driver ----

The number 5 is already taken by Christopherson, and you've left the team name field blank (though I know who you're entering, so I guess that's no problem). :P
#FreeGonzo
Gonzalez

Post by Gonzalez »

Simtek wrote:
Gonzalez wrote:Team Name:
Car Numbers : 5

---- First Driver ----

The number 5 is already taken by Christopherson, and you've left the team name field blank (though I know who you're entering, so I guess that's no problem). :P

Error has been Fixed and the Team Number has been changed to 16.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Team Name: National Jones F4
Car Numbers (2-99, 1 reserved for FXS Racing): 3 and 4

---- First Driver ----
Candidate: Joao Almeida
Date of Birth: 21/5/2001
Nationality: Portuguese

Candidate: Ethan Renaud
Date of Birth: ? peteroli34 to confirm
Nationality: FRA
DEC User (if fictional): peteroli34
Last edited by AndreaModa on 28 Dec 2016, 23:02, edited 1 time in total.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Gonzalez

Post by Gonzalez »

AndreaModa wrote:Team Name: National Jones F4
Car Numbers (2-99, 1 reserved for FXS Racing): 3 and 4

---- First Driver ----
Candidate: Joao Almeida
Date of Birth: 21/5/2001
Nationality: Portuguese

Candidate: TBC
Date of Birth: TBC
Nationality: TBC
Real or Fictional: TBC
DEC User (if fictional): TBC

Second seat open to offers!

Samson Enoh born in (27-2-2003) who competed in 2 races of Anglo-Irish F4 last season would be interested in the seat. Also experienced in Karting.

Forgot to mention that Enoh is avaliable to any seats as he hopes to compete this season full-time.
Last edited by Gonzalez on 27 Dec 2016, 21:18, edited 2 times in total.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

AndreaModa wrote:

Gabriel Hoffmann (Luxembourg) (DOB: 1/11/2001) has been competing in British national karting championships, and is now looking to make the step up to car racing.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

AndreaModa wrote:

Ethan Renaud raced for Jones for 2 races in 2018 would be interested in a full time drive this season.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Team Name: Arden International
Car Numbers (2-99, 1 reserved for FXS Racing): 14/15

---- First Driver ----
Candidate: Alfie Lockwood
Date of Birth: December 25th, 2000
DEC User (if fictional): me

---- Second Driver ----
Candidate 1: Will Tregurtha
Date of Birth: April 1, 2000

Candidate 2: Tom Gamble
Date of Birth: November 7, 2001

Candidate 3: Daniel Harper
Date of Birth: December 8, 2000

------------------------------------------

On another note, Magda Szervánszky is looking for a seat in Anglo-Irish F4. She was devillishly quick in Italian F4 last season, has a small bit of money from CIB Lizing and thinks goulash is overrated.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
kevinbotz

Post by kevinbotz »

Team Name: Team Macmillan
Car Numbers: 56/57

---- First Driver ----
Candidate: Guillaume Laurier
Date of Birth: March 3, 2004
Nationality: Canadian
DEC User (if fictional): kevinbotz

Candidate: Harold Campbell-Bannerman
Date of Birth: 16 August, 2003
DEC User (if fictional): kevinbotz
Klon, on Alt-F1 wrote: I like to think it's more poker than gambling, though.
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Team: Fortec Motorsport
Nationality: UK
Team #s: 24,25

--First Driver--
Name: William Bronson
DOB: April 26, 2003
Real or Fictional?: Fictional
DEC: CaptainGetz12

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

--Second Driver--
Name: Harry Thompson
Real or Fictional?: Real
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?