2017 Magyar Nagydij - ROTR Voting

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Aislabie

2017 Magyar Nagydij - ROTR Voting

Post by Aislabie »

10 points - Max Verstappen (For demolishing his team-mate)

6 points - Brazil (For not having a single entry in the race)
rachel1990

Re: 2017 Magyar Nagydij - ROTR Voting

Post by rachel1990 »

1- Max Verstappen- On a day where a win could have been possible for Red Bull Max took out his team-mate and wrecked his own race doing it. Well Done

2- Haas Vs Nico Hulkenberg- It turned into a huge drama involving all 3 cars over the radio that ended up with 0 points all round.
Benetton of 1992. Never a reject
Meatwad

Post by Meatwad »

1. Scuderia Ferrari: It might not make sense to vote for a team that got a 1-2, but bathplug it, I'll do it anyway. They deserve it for completely ruining my enjoyment of the race. It's always the same thing, this happened to Barrichello, then to Massa, now it's happening to Räikkönen. Pitting Kimi when he was setting the fastest times was ridiculous. It was exactly the same situation as in Monaco (the driver ahead was significantly slower), but surprise, surprise! They again chose the option that favored Vettel. Obviously they are going to think about the championship battle, but I'll put it bluntly: this team, as prestigious as it is, is a joke when it comes to intra-team racing. I'm rooting for Mercedes to win both championships now.
2. Max Verstappen: Otherwise a great race but taking out one's team mate is about the dumbest thing one can do.
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

1 - Vandoorne: For making the most rejectful moment of the race in his pitstop and losing a couple of points as result.

2 - Verstappen:
For wrecking his team mate and making the "always happy" Ricciardo losing his cool.
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Enforcer »

1) The Stewards - I'm no massive Verstappen fan, but his penalty was bs, imo. Yeah, he made a mistake, but it was a relatively minor mistake that had disproportionately severe consequences. He didn't lunge at Ricciardo from miles back, he didn't try to squeeze into a gap that wasn't there, he locked a wheel because he'd been out over the gravel. It wasn't dangerous and it wasn't fabulously stupid. If that's a penalty, then basically, the drivers can't race each other. Every driver on the grid has made more marginal moves than Verstappen on Ricciardo today, and if he'd hit a driver from another team instead of his team-mate, I bet it wouldn't have been considered such a big deal. I'd even go as far to say that the stewards would've judged it less severely.

Verstappen also got more severely punished than Magnussen for what looked like a calculated effort to push Hulkenberg off the road. Utter, utter nonsense.

2) Williams - Nowhere.
Last edited by Enforcer on 30 Jul 2017, 18:48, edited 1 time in total.
This Could Be You

Post by This Could Be You »

RoTR:
1. Verstappen: First rule of racing, Max...
2. Magnussen: Again, that was not good racing, and it wasn't like points were likely anyway
DHM:
Palmer: Again he flattered to deceive: 11th place in qualifying wasn't actually all that brilliant when his teammate and both Mclarens did better, and although he started better than Hulkenberg, once the German got through, he dropped like a stone through the field, and didn't really ever look like a points scorer. He was so mediocre he would have got my 6 points, if Magnussen hadn't done anything.
Williams: Way off the pace
Haas Mechanics: It's that kind of mistake which loses you WCC places...
Wehrlein: Slower than Ericsson, and poor when being lapped.
Force India: Anonymous
Your Signature Here

Named after HRT, now on HRT
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

1) The stewards - for the reasons Enforcer gave
2) Max Verstappen - still made a mistake he could've done without
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Verstappen - I think Ricciardo summed things up quite succinctly. And he's a guy who sort-of likes him, too.
di Resta - Because it was a vintage Reject performance. It was great to see him back for a one-off race, I like it when things like that happen, and it was great that he was bloody awful.
Just For One Day...
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

1. Magnussen - What a child. Deliberately resorting to dirty driving and then acting like that to Hulkenberg on camera (hilarious, though). On a day where Hamilton even managed a sporting gesture.
2. Palmer - You can finish 11th as often as you like mate but just speak to Gutierrez about that. Plus you trashed your car twice in practice. When all eyes are on you.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
James1978

Post by James1978 »

1. Verstappen - it might have been a relatively small error, but the consequences were huge.

2. Magnussen - that reaction was pure reject gold.
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

1. Williams - Remember the days when they were contenders for race wins?
2. Heiko Waßer - "Congratulations to Haas for their quick pitstop" - cue to ad break - "Well, Grosjean had to retire..."
sw3ishida wrote:Jolyon Palmer brought us closer as a couple, for which I am grateful.

Ataxia wrote:
Londoner wrote:Something I've thought about - what happens to our canon should we have a worldwide recession or some other outside event?

We'll be fine. It's Canon, non Kodak.
yannicksamlad
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yannicksamlad »

1.Haas - wheelnuts, pitstops, generally dropping the ball
2. Magnussen - for post race live on air insults when he could have actually argued his points
I started supporting Emmo in 1976 (3 points )....missed 75, 74, 73, 72...
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

The New Gucci Warriors - Just give them both 8 points.
#FreeGonzo
IceG

Post by IceG »

(1) The race - boring until the last few laps. Aero-dependent cars and Hungaroring don't mix

(2) The stewards - Verstappen made a small mistake, Hülkenberg kept his foot in for too long
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

1. Antonio Giovinazzi
There were no shockingly bad events in the race itself, so I give the nod for him. When taking the spot of one of the race drivers in FP1, the first thing to do is not to crash. Giovinazzi crashed.

2. Williams
They've gone backwards from Austria onwards - three bad weekends in a row even if they got some points in Austria and UK. But scoreless result from Hungary.
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

1. 2017 aerodynamic regulations
2. Max Verstappen
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

:facepalm: 1: me for even bothering to watch the race....
2: my HDMI lead that seemed to flick the signal on and off during the build up to send me scrambling round the house to find a better 1 :facepalm: :shock:
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

WeirdKerr wrote:2: my HDMI lead that seemed to flick the signal on and off during the build up to send me scrambling round the house to find a better 1 :facepalm: :shock:

Think yourself lucky you even have that option! I have a TV with one HDMI socket that doesn't work, so I'm stuck with sending the Channel 4 HD signal through a SCART input instead, provided the race is being shown live on Channel 4, which this one wasn't, and the SD signal from RTL is noticeably blockier.

Still, could be worse. At least this setup isn't costing me the equivalent of a 15-year-old Vauxhall Astra every year.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

novitopoli wrote:2. Heiko Waßer - "Congratulations to Haas for their quick pitstop" - cue to ad break - "Well, Grosjean had to retire..."

Sounds like Galvão :pantano:
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

And for the ROTR results (drum roll!!!)...

1. Max Verstappen 74
2. Haas/Hulkenberg/Magnussen (all that scrap) 54
3. The stewards 26
4. Williams 22
5. The race 10
- Ferrari 10
- Stoffel Vandoorne 10
- Antonio Giovinazzi 10
- The 2017 Aerodynamic Regulations 10
- Weirdkerr 10
11. Brazil 6
- Paul di Resta 6
- Jolyon Palmer 6
- Heiko Waßer 6
- Weirdkerr's deficient HDMI cable 6

A lot of wildly different nominations for the grand prize in Hungary (two of which involve [i]Weirdkerr[/i]). But the winner, and not with a huge number of votes, is Max Verstappen, for his move which took his teammate out of the race and ruined his own. Though the error itself is up for debate as to its deliberation, the outcome was really awful for Red Bull and was Max's error. I just took all the nominations for the scrappers during and post-race and collected them together. Those nominations launch the participants into runner-up position. Good job?
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!