F1 1986+

Archive for the three above subforums
Collieafc

Re: F1 1986+

Post by Collieafc »

Im also intrigued on how Williams/PMC managed to sign 4 drivers despite only making 3 seats available :pantano: (I am aware mistakes happen - from experience, doing driver bids is probably the most busy point of a fantasy f1 series!)
Collieafc wrote:Williams Bids - in order of preference
Driver 1
Will wait until round 2

Driver 2
Stefan Bellof
Martin Brundle

PMC Motorsport
- in order of preference
Driver 1
Martin Brundle (If not Williams Driver 2)
Bertrand Gacheot

Driver 2
Johnny Herbert

However, as we do not wish to leave one of our upcoming talents without a drive and as interest has been shown by other parties, we are happy to offer Martin Brundle to Arrows on the following conditions:
Williams will pay Brundle's salary for 1986
Arrows will provide Brundle a full race seat for the season
Brundle is available for call up to Williams should Williams require cover for short notice, eg driver injury. This does not include if Williams fail to fill their Driver 1 seat - if Williams fail to fill their first seat during pre-season, it falls to Williams to find a driver for a full season, Arrows retain Brundle
Arrows do not bid for Brundle in 1987 if Williams make an offer to Brundle for a race seat. If Williams do not make an offer, Arrows are free to bid (And bag the existing team bonus I assume)
BioBiro approves of this deal

We do not wish to offer Brundle to Alfa as we feel that being manufacture team based in another country, this may be harmful for his development

We also commiserate the closure of the Lotus F1 team - the loss of such a brilliant Innovative competitor marks the end of an era (Privately, Williams are relieved one of the biggest threats to their 1986 campaign is removed before a wheel is turned...)
DanielPT wrote:Life usually expires after 400 meters and always before reaching 2 laps or so. In essence, Life is short.
This Could Be You

Post by This Could Be You »

Seeing as it costs us nothing and provides us with a very promising driver, Arrows will take up Williams' offer of Martin Brundle for 1986.
Your Signature Here

Named after HRT, now on HRT
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

We got a not-so-impressive driver line up but at least we're sorta financially healthy (yet still poor). We got a car that isn't dramatic (except reliability lel), this season should be slightly better than last year.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Bloody hell Thor, it's like you looked at Portsmouth FC's decline over the last decade and decided to condense it into two years.

Happy enough with our drivers, neither are terrible, Streiff has prior F1 experience, and they both bring moolah. Couldn't have gone much better really.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Aislabie

Post by Aislabie »

Very happy to sign both Fabi brothers to Minardi, and although expanding our team to three drivers might stretch us to breaking point we think the potential benefits are equally lucrative.

Will there be any increase in sponsor revenue, given that we are offering exposure on three cars rather than two?
BioBiro
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BioBiro »

Gertrand Bachot wrote:Can I go on the coveted waiting list?
You sure can!

thor97 wrote:Well :facepalm: waiting list, please
Okey doke :).

Reject_Dom wrote:By the way, will Lotus' assets be split between other teams?
They will not be; their assets will be liquidated to pay-off their debts.

Aislabie wrote:Will there be any increase in sponsor revenue, given that we are offering exposure on three cars rather than two?
There will not be, even though it makes sense, because I have not thought it through.

CarloSpace wrote:@BioBiro
Has Nielsen paid us yet? I see Zakspeed have lost 80,000 from our bank account but haven't received John's money...
Ah~ yes, sorry, there was a slight misunderstanding. Corrected now.

Collieafc wrote:BioBiro approves of this deal
Lol. If all parties concerned are happy, that's fine with me. I completely knackered that up.
BioBiro
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BioBiro »

Important Announcement
Listen, I've got to be honest, I would like to stop running this series. I started a new job on the 2nd of January, and while I felt that I could manage that and the series, I have taken on a directorship at a small business in addition to my daily duties, a couple of weeks ago, and have even less time. In around six months, I would like to leave my current job and work full-time for the company I am involved in, but this is some way-off.

novitopoli's delay in getting back to me was truly a relief, as not having to run the series made life easier for me.

When I was assembling phase one of driver signing, I wrote out a draft of this message, but decided to try and see things through to the end. However, it's clear to me that I cannot run this series properly, anymore, and am not really enjoying it.

For some time I have wondered if it was possible to unload much of the 'daily' work of running the series to someone else, while I take a backseat role performing planning and writing the more complex events, but I'm not sure this would work out. There is a lot of data involved in running this series, and it uses several pieces of custom software written in C#, which a potential manager would need to modify and rebuild on a regular basis with Visual Studio.

I can only offer my sincerest apologies for disappointing so many people - it's obvious that a lot of managers in the thread are excited about their teams, and making plans for the future - not least the Tyrrell team, whose 1987 engine design stage I enthusiastically planned-out, already.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

You ran this series using C#?! Crikey, no wonder you wanted to hang up the keys. I wouldn't be able to stomach that.

Thanks for the fun series; it was more immersive than the average championship here, that's for sure.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Aislabie

Post by Aislabie »

No worries mate, after the amount of work you put into this series we're well aware that you wouldn't let it go without a very good reason. And by very good reason I basically mean anything really.

It must have been tricky enough running this without managers like me always trying to find ways to work around the rules!

Forza Minardi