QuickSim: Alternate F1 - The Manufacturer Era - 2004 Season

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

QuickSim: Alternate F1 - The Manufacturer Era - 2004 Season

Post by Klon »

Thanks to This Could Be You for his great work on this logo.

The Simulator

Simtek wrote:Grand Prix 2, same as what I use for Anglo-Irish F4, same as what Normal uses for F3 Eurasia, what novitopoli and CaptainGetz12 use for their F4 series, what Ataxia uses for IndyCar, what Pasta uses for... look, you get the idea, it's popular, it works, moving on.

The Cars

There will be little deviation from the cars that were run in real F1 in this time period, mostly slight performance adjustments based on the previous performance of a team the season before.

The Drivers

Before the start of each season, you are free to offer contracts for two driver slots.

Your choice will be limited in that you pick from two from five drivers provided by me. Selection will be made in WCC finishing order.

The Teams

10 teams for 2003, 2 cars per team. Those 10 teams have been determined by the needs of the canon and previous developments:

Williams (novitopoli)
Ferrari (biscione)
McLaren (petoli)
Renault (kevinbotz)
Toyota (Pilot)
Jaguar (pinkd56)
BAR (This Could Be You)
Jordan (reject_dom)
Sauber (wizzie)
Minardi (Normal32)

If any team owners fail to report back, their replacements will be decided by me in a hopefully fair selection process.

The Race Weekend

305 km except Monaco, you all still know how a Formula One race works. One-lap qualifying returns for 2004.

The Points System

The point system is 10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1

The Race Calendar

For 2004, the calendar is very unusual. The threatened boycott of races based in the EU because of the introduction of the European Arrest Warrant has become a disheartening reality. Therefore, with the sole exception of the Monaco Grand Prix, all European races ended up being cancele and, with the quick fixes of the Argentinian and Pacific Grands Prix thrown in, we are looking at a thin 12-race calendar (which will turn into an 11-race calendar later in 2004).

See the wiki (soon) for updates

I hereby ask all team owners to report back to the series.[/quote]
Last edited by Klon on 15 Dec 2017, 23:43, edited 1 time in total.
TomWazzleshaw

Re: QuickSim: Alternate F1 - The Manufacturer Era - 2004 Sea

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Sauber will return for another year
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
This Could Be You

Post by This Could Be You »

BAR will try to make 2004 a better year for us than 2003 or 2002, although that isn't hard.
Your Signature Here

Named after HRT, now on HRT
Pinkd56
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Pinkd56 »

Jaguar returns.
Pilot

Post by Pilot »

Toyota returns.
Biscione wrote:Can you stop being such a snowflake for five minutes?
Normal32

Post by Normal32 »

Minardi says yay for another year.
Pasta_maldonado wrote:I think normal32 is an old English farmer re-incarnated
kevinbotz

Post by kevinbotz »

Renault reporting in.
Klon, on Alt-F1 wrote: I like to think it's more poker than gambling, though.
Dom_Wings

Post by Dom_Wings »

Jordan's death spiral will continue in 2004.
Join the GPR Discord server! https://discord.com/invite/6YDQ3aV
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

Mclaren will be on the grid for 2004.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

gib ferrari
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

Williams returns, of course.
sw3ishida wrote:Jolyon Palmer brought us closer as a couple, for which I am grateful.

Ataxia wrote:
Londoner wrote:Something I've thought about - what happens to our canon should we have a worldwide recession or some other outside event?

We'll be fine. It's Canon, non Kodak.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

James James Davies wrote:That's right losers - I'm racing for Ferrari now! None of you rejects are gonna have a chance to beat this team - every single member of this team is a big winner and you just can't hope to reach our level. Especially that cheating loser Rhys Davies! You hear me Rhys? You'll never win again! Never!

This year, you all are gonna be witness to the greatest title fight in history. For so long, everyone has thought that Michael Schumacher is the greatest driver in the world, the greatest in history. Oh, he does sooooo many awesome drives, he destroys every teammate he's come up againnnnnst! But that's a load of crap! He can't be the greatest - 'cause he's not me! I'm the best! And I'm gonna finally prove it this year once and for all!

Michael, hate to say it man, but your time's up. You really screwed up by letting me be your teammate this year - I'm the first real teammate you'll have, and I'll be the last too, 'cause there's no point in you sticking around after I bury you on-track this year. Still, you can at least take solace that it took me - James James Davies - to take you off your throne. So all you journalists out there making season previews? If you don't want to look like an idiot at the end of the year, then tell everyone what's up: this is my title to lose. Got that!?
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

AutoFiction wrote:EXCLUSIVE - Tempers Flare at Ferrari Launch

Ferrari's new signing James James Davies has wagged plenty of tounges and caused much controversy in his career, and the Ferrari launch was no exception. Just hours after announcing himself as the pre-season favourite for the 2004 crown, it's been revealed that he's already ruffled feathers within the team.

It's being reported that Davies and reigning Formula 3000 champion, and Ferrari junior driver, Daniel Melrose got in a war of words at the after-party at the venue. While it's unknown who or what started the argument, it's believed drinks were thrown before one of the individuals was removed from the venue. Ferrari have understandably tried to keep the incident quiet, but repercussions for the incident are expected to be handed out internally.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
aggi

Post by aggi »

I was wondering, for canonical story purposes, can I offer an original driver to be added as a test driver here?
Gertrand Bachot

Post by Gertrand Bachot »

aggi wrote:I was wondering, for canonical story purposes, can I offer an original driver to be added as a test driver here?

You can make one up, but it's better to wait for 2005 if you want to do it, and if then there's the small matter of actually getting them into a team.
aggi

Post by aggi »

Gertrand Bachot wrote:
aggi wrote:I was wondering, for canonical story purposes, can I offer an original driver to be added as a test driver here?

You can make one up, but it's better to wait for 2005 if you want to do it, and if then there's the small matter of actually getting them into a team.

Ah, good to know. Thanks!
Pilot

Post by Pilot »

As Klon has sadly left, can I assume that this series should be put on hold for further notice? :(

(we miss you Klon <3 )
Biscione wrote:Can you stop being such a snowflake for five minutes?
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Pilot wrote:As Klon has sadly left, can I assume that this series should be put on hold for further notice? :(

(we miss you Klon <3 )

Until someone picks up the carsets he left behind in his departing post, that is indeed the case. And given how low we're running on people actually being interested in running series, it may take some time before this resumes.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Gertrand Bachot

Post by Gertrand Bachot »

Nuppiz wrote:
Pilot wrote:As Klon has sadly left, can I assume that this series should be put on hold for further notice? :(

(we miss you Klon <3 )

Until someone picks up the carsets he left behind in his departing post, that is indeed the case. And given how low we're running on people actually being interested in running series, it may take some time before this resumes.

I personally would be interested in continuing this series on, but a number of factors prevent me from doing this.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

I would volunteer to at least finish out 2004, but uh, I have personal biases getting in the way here. :P
Everything's great.
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

I might finish the season (doubtful about 2005 onward though), but it will have to wait until at least the end of May, so if anyone else volunteers to do so in the meantime I won't stop you. Same with 2019.
#FreeGonzo
thor97

Post by thor97 »

I wouldn't mind taking it over for at least this season
Fernando Alonso wrote:The Engine Feels good
Much Slower than Before
Amazing
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

I am taking control back for this: however, I will do away with the illusion of managing and just take care of 2005-2009 myself.

Here is the 2004 Season for your pleasure.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

James James Davies wrote:Of course I'm the World Champion - it was only ever a formality anyway - my skill and talent is undeniable. There is no driver on this planet who could ever hope to stop me, excepting of course if they have a car advantage, or use dirty tricks Rhys Davies.
Everything's great.
Pinkd56
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Pinkd56 »

Ford Press Office wrote:We are sad to announce that the Ford Motor Company will no longer compete in Formula One in any capacity from the end of this season. The future of Jaguar Racing F1 Team and Cosworth will be announced in due course.

Buckinghamshire Post wrote:RED BULL BUYS JAGUAR, 300 JOBS SAVED
Austrian drinks manufacturer Red Bull have purchased Milton Keynes-based Jaguar Racing for a nominal fee, saving over... you all know the story