Roborace series

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
dr-baker

Roborace series

Post by dr-baker »

So this new series is due to launch officially next year and, according to CEO, Lucas do Grassi, this driverless race series will initially... feature drivers to teach the AI!

https://www.autosport.com/fe/news/13854 ... ace-season
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
UncreativeUsername37

Re: Roborace series

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

Yeah, this is pretty disappointing, but not as disappointing as the previous four seasons. At least Roborace will half exist :P And this system might make for more peak entertainment value. Imagine the AI throwing it into the wall three laps after taking over!
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

UgncreativeUsergname wrote:Yeah, this is pretty disappointing, but not as disappointing as the previous four seasons. At least Roborace will half exist :P And this system might make for more peak entertainment value. Imagine the AI throwing it into the wall three laps after taking over!

Father Fintan Stack wrote:By the way, I got the keys to your Roborace car, and I taught it to drive itself into a big wall. If you don't like it, tough. I had my fun, and that's all that matters.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

dinizintheoven wrote:
UgncreativeUsergname wrote:Yeah, this is pretty disappointing, but not as disappointing as the previous four seasons. At least Roborace will half exist :P And this system might make for more peak entertainment value. Imagine the AI throwing it into the wall three laps after taking over!

Father Fintan Stack wrote:By the way, I got the keys to your Roborace car, and I taught it to drive itself into a big wall. If you don't like it, tough. I had my fun, and that's all that matters.

Although, Asimov's three laws of robotics?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Well, it has been 4 1/2 years since this thread was created, and I must say that thus series has bèn a roaring success, with massive crowds and highly entertaining races. I didn't think it would work without drivers to support, but that was clearly an error on my part.

Back to reality, seriously, what the heckhole happened?
MCard LOLA
Conventi

Post by Conventi »

The programme was stopped one year ago. More to find on Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roborace
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

I’ve only just realised that Roborace has/had their own You Tube channel, with their races on there! Will have to check out their race footage at some point. https://youtube.com/@Roborace?si=KISbk18EMMYrIZqx

What prompted me to look for this now? Because Abu Dhabi is launching their own Autonomous Racing Series! https://www.autosport.com/general/news/ ... /10587158/
MCard LOLA