Formula Draft 91 - A new Era of F1 | R&D Phase 1

The place for non-canon series, including all series that contain minimal or no references at all to the RWRS universe
Hermann95
Site Donor
Site Donor

Formula Draft 91 - A new Era of F1 | R&D Phase 1

Post by Hermann95 »

Welcome to Formula Draft, a series which focuses on the idea of a draft system in Formula One.

After years of dominance by a few selected Teams and a takeover by American company Freedom Media, Formula One is heading into a new Era. Will the established top-teams be able to hold on to their dominant performances, or can former back markers and new teams take over? We will find out soon.

To take part, you just have to select a team and confirm if the current owner(if applicable) will stay on as team principal, or bid for an alternative team principal. Further information will come in the following days.

The main spreadsheet with all relevant information can be found here:
Spreadsheet

Link in case table does not work properly for you.

And here are the rules listed in detail

The Wiki

Please don’t be discouraged by the rule set, it’s easier than it looks and especially at the very beginning you don’t have to worry about it.
If you find any errors, or if you have any suggestions regarding drivers, sponsors and staff, please contact me either here in the thread or via Discord.
Last edited by Hermann95 on 26 Nov 2021, 21:38, edited 9 times in total.
Hermann95
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Formula Draft 1991 - A new Era of Formula One

Post by Hermann95 »

Schedule

Pre-Season
Sign-up and team principal signing
sponsor bidding
engine works contract
draft round 1
draft round 2
draft round 3
draft round 4
designer bidding
car design and R&D

Races
Image United States GP - Phoenix street Circuit
Image Brazilian GP - Autódromo José Carlos Pace
Image San Marino GP - Autodromo Internazionale Enzo e Dino Ferrari
Image Monaco GP - Circuit de Monaco
R&D Phase 1
Image Canadian GP - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve
Image Mexican GP - Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez
Image French GP - Circuit de Nevers Magny-Cours
Image British GP - Silverstone Circuit
R&D Phase 2
Image German GP - Hockenheimring
Image Hungarian GP - Hungaroring
Image Belgian GP - Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Image Italian GP - Autodromo Nazionale di Monza
R&D Phase 3
Image Portuguese GP - Circuito do Estoril
Image Spanish GP - Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya
Image Japanese GP - Suzuka International Racing Course
Image Australian GP - Adelaide Street Circuit

Post-season
end of season ceremony
prize money distribution
debt check
Last edited by Hermann95 on 27 Nov 2021, 14:32, edited 10 times in total.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

I will stop the downfall of Brabham and turn them to title contenders under the great...

Option 1: Jean Todt
Option 2: Niki Lauda
Option 3: TBA depending on other team's moves
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

I will run Ligier as realisticaly as possible, because i'm an equally terrible manager as Guy Ligier, who is the obvious first choice for team boss.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Shawn040217

Post by Shawn040217 »

I shall hop in as Jordan, with good ol' Eddie as TP.
Last edited by Shawn040217 on 03 Aug 2021, 00:27, edited 1 time in total.
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

I would love to take over Benetton please.

My number one pick for team principal would absolutely be Flavio Briatore. If I can't have him, I will bid for others.
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
Frogfoot9013

Post by Frogfoot9013 »

I shall take Scuderia Italia.
James Hunt, commentating on the 1991 German Grand Prix wrote:The Benettons looking very smart together on the track, mostly because they're both going so slowly.
Collieafc

Post by Collieafc »

As I have surprisingly never been them before in any game, I will pick Minardi and attempt to haul the team to the top of the midfield.

If possible, keeping Giancarlo Minardi as team principle
DanielPT wrote:Life usually expires after 400 meters and always before reaching 2 laps or so. In essence, Life is short.
Aislabie

Post by Aislabie »

Let chaos rule supreme with Larrousse please.

I trust that customer chassis will be draftable
Hermann95
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hermann95 »

Let's have some Team Principal RNG

Larrousse, Minardi, Jordan and Ligier will keep their current owners as Team Principals, no RNG needed there.
Scuderia Italia will keep Guiseppe Lucchini on for the time being as well, Frogfoot9013 you can still bid for someone else if you want to.

Benneton want's to keep Flavio Briatore as TP, for a cost of 2m$.
Flavio is very likely to stay with the team, as no other team has offered him a similar position at the moment.
1-90...Flavio signs a new Contract
91-100...He thinks that his F1 experiment is over for now and he want's to concentrate on other Businesses again
21...Flavio doesn't have to think long about it and stays with the Team

Next up, and final player controlled Team: Brabham
They have to turn around their fortune and are willing to make changes starting at the very top of the team. Jean Todt is on the top of their list
1-40...Jean Todt has enough of Peugeot and isn't interested in leading them to success in Le Mans. Brabham is the perfect opportunity for him to enter F1.
41-100...the new challenge of Le Mans is enough to keep him at the Peugeot group for the time being.
63...he thinks some time about the Brabham offer but staying at the company he knows so well and finding success at Le Mans is his next goal.

The Brabham recruitment team flicks through their books to see who's next on the list. It's the 3 time world Champion and airline owner Niki Lauda
1-50...Lauda looks at the 4m$ offer from his old Team Brabham and can't say no to those sums, it can be invested into his Airline after all.
51-70...Niki is a business man and owning an F1 team is quite intriguing to him, maybe no is the right opportunity to try and make a move?
71-100..."I'm an airline owner and don't have the time to fool around in F1 again." he says.
68...he rejects the offer right away, but an intriguing idea comes to his mind and he calls the Brabham factory a few minutes later..."I want to buy the team"

Niki Lauda is offering to take over 51% of the team, and therefore becoming the owner, in exchange for a 2 year guaranteed sponsoring deal with Lauda Air. This sponsoring deal would net 5m$ per season and Niki would work for free, as it is his team now.

Brabham accepts.

so this is the RNG's done for now, ending with a major bang.

Moving on to Sponsors:

Every team can sign one sponsor before the season starts. The money offered from the sponsors is only paid once the associated goal is reached.
Please keep in mind that "Race x races with driver from Nation y" means that a driver from nation y has to actually start a race x times for your team, so he has to qualify. A Team Principal bonus is added on to the sum stated in the spreadsheet.

Please use the following form for your bids:

Code: Select all

Sponsor bid:

Team Name:
Sponsor 1:
Sponsor 2:
Sponsor 3:

Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Team name: Benetton

Sponsor bid 1: Camel
Sponsor bid 2: Marlboro 2
Sponsor bid 3: Shell
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

Sponsor bid:

Team Name: Ligier
Sponsor 1: Elf
Sponsor 2: Gitanes
Sponsor 3: Marlboro3
DigitDan7

Post by DigitDan7 »

Hello, I've been lurking over here for a long time, but only now have I created an account. Is it too late for me to join this series?
Shawn040217

Post by Shawn040217 »

Sponsor Bid :

Team: Jordan GP
Sponsor 1 : 7up
Sponsor 2 : BP
Sponsor 3 : Camel 2
Hermann95
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hermann95 »

DigitDan7 wrote:Hello, I've been lurking over here for a long time, but only now have I created an account. Is it too late for me to join this series?

It's absolutely not too late. Just read the rules, pick a team and confirm if the owner(only applicable if the team has an owner) stays on as Team Principal, or bid for one of the other available options.

Once your TP is confirmed, you can start to bid on sponsors, and you are up to speed with everyone else.

If you want, you can also join the gprejects Discord server, which is a nice place to hang out, and a quick way to communicate about this and many other series and real life motorsports. But it's not a requirement.

If you have any other question, just let me know.
DigitDan7

Post by DigitDan7 »

Okay then. I shall be representing Leyton House and my first choice for team principal is Tom Walkinshaw. If that fails, my second choice would be Ove Andersson.

Edit: Actually, I'm changing my second choice to Herbie Blash. Ove's not that good, IMO.
Last edited by DigitDan7 on 10 Aug 2021, 20:28, edited 1 time in total.
Pilot

Post by Pilot »

I'll take McLaren. Ron Dennis will stay on.

Team Name: McLaren
Sponsor 1: Marlboro
Sponsor 2: Camel
Sponsor 3: Canon
Biscione wrote:Can you stop being such a snowflake for five minutes?
Gertrand Bachot

Post by Gertrand Bachot »

I'll take Ferrari. We'll throw Mr Walkinshaw an offer to become our new team boss.

Team Name: Ferrari
Sponsor 1: Marlboro
Sponsor 2: Marlboro 2
Sponsor 3: Marlboro 3
Hermann95
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hermann95 »

Let's have some more Formula Draft Team Principal RNG'S.

First up Tom Walkinshaw, who has an offer from Leyton House and a surprising offer from Ferrari on the table.
1-80...Ferrari? i think they dialled the wrong number. I have to accept quickly before the notice.
81-90...Leyton House looks like an ok-ish team, a move to F1 might be a good call after i had so much success at Le Mans.
91-100...My focus is on Le Mans with Jaguar and will stay this way for the time being.
10...In what is probably the quickest decision of his life, Tom Walkinshaw signs with Ferrari for 2m$.

Leyton House didn't really have a chance in this one, so they are calling the next option in their books: Herbie Blash.
1-75...After Brabham sold out to Niki Lauda, i think it's time to move on. It's good money after all.
76-100...Yamaha is calling and they are offering a way better deal than Leyton House. I'm going to be big in Japan.
45...After some time thinking about it, Herbie decides that it's not the time yet to move to Japan. Leyton House it is.
DigitDan7

Post by DigitDan7 »

Several things to cover on my front, so this post will have 3 parts:

Part 1: Leyton House welcomes its new team principal, Herbie Blash. We may not be much right now, but I have hope we can build a potent team.

Part 2: Here are my sponsor bids:
Team Name: Leyton House
Sponsor 1: Gitanes
Sponsor 2: Agip
Sponsor 3: Toshiba

Part 3: After reading the rules several times, I think I've figured out how customer chassis contracts work (March, Lola, Fomet, Dallara, Simtek):
-Step 1: Hire the design company during the designer bid phase.
-Step 2: If you successfully hired them, you (& only you) can draft the chassis contract in the draft phase.
There's every chance I'm completely wrong, so feel free to correct me.
Hermann95
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hermann95 »

DigitDan7 wrote:Several things to cover on my front, so this post will have 3 parts:

Part 1: Leyton House welcomes its new team principal, Herbie Blash. We may not be much right now, but I have hope we can build a potent team.

Part 2: Here are my sponsor bids:
Team Name: Leyton House
Sponsor 1: Gitanes
Sponsor 2: Agip
Sponsor 3: Toshiba

Part 3: After reading the rules several times, I think I've figured out how customer chassis contracts work (March, Lola, Fomet, Dallara, Simtek):
-Step 1: Hire the design company during the designer bid phase.
-Step 2: If you successfully hired them, you (& only you) can draft the chassis contract in the draft phase.
There's every chance I'm completely wrong, so feel free to correct me.

Regarding Part 3: The way the rules are written right now are indeed as you say. But I was thinking about this part a lot in the last few days, and I think I'll change this a bit. I was thinking about moving the Designer signing after the draft, which opens up the Customer Chassis Draft to any team, except works teams, and makes it easier to choose the appropriate designer. I will think about it a little more and announce any potential changes before we move into the next phase.
Collieafc

Post by Collieafc »

Sponsor bid:

Team Name: Minardi
Sponsor 1: 7 Up
Sponsor 2: BP
Sponsor 3: Marlboro 3
DanielPT wrote:Life usually expires after 400 meters and always before reaching 2 laps or so. In essence, Life is short.
Hermann95
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hermann95 »

Autosport wrote:First ever Formula One mock draft

With the limited knowledge we have at the current moment, we tried to predict how the first ever Formula One draft might pan out. We only predicted the first round, as everything further down the line is too much dependent on the choices made in the first round. We also had to throw a coin, just like it will happen on draft day, to decide who is getting the first overall pick between the new teams of Modena and Jordan.

1. Modena: Mika Häkkinen
Drafting a rookie with high potential is possibly the best bet for a team like Modena, which might be found at the back of the field throughout the year. This opens the door for some trades in the future, if Häkkinen proves to be the real deal.

2. Jordan: Dallara chassis
A team which comes from F3000 without any kind of manufacturer support might need the help of a customer chassis in the first year.

3. Coloni: Simtek chassis
The struggling Italian outfit needs desperate help to get a car to the grid if they want to have any kind of chance to survive in Formula One.

4. Fondmetal: Fomet chassis
A similar situation to the Coloni outfit.

5. Scuderia Italia: Lola chassis
With a limited budget it's hard to get up the grid, but a Lola chassis might be exactly what the team needs in order to make a jump up the table.

6. AGS: Ford HBA 91
We believe that a risky move for the current generation Ford engine might be just the right call for the French outfit.

7. Minardi: Michele Alboreto
A save pair of hands can work wonders for a midfield team like Minardi, the fact that Alboreto is Italian can only help.

8. Ligier: Renault engine
A French team if a French engine, it's hard to find a better fit.

9. Arrows: Karl Wendlinger
Getting a potential future star contracted early can be key to a teams' success under the new regulations. Mercedes junior Karl Wendlinger might prove to be exactly the driver Arrows is looking for.

10. Brabham: Gerhard Berger
The first big move in terms of drivers. The new team owner Niki Lauda knows how important the right driver is for a team and might even be able to get the fellow Austrian at a discount.

11. Lotus: Judd engines
Having a known and reliable engine in the back of the car might just be what the former Championship winning team might need on their way back to the front of the grid.

12. Leyton House: Yamaha engines
The relationship between the new Team Principal Herbie Blash and Yamaha might lead to a deal that is too good to pass it on.

13. Larrousse: March chassis
A good car is the basis for any success, therefore we believe that the opportunity to get a March designed chassis is really tempting for Larrousse.

14. Tyrell: Jean Alesi
Probably not everyone thinks that a young driver like Alesi will be still up for grabs so late into the first round, but if it is the case it's an absolute must sign for Tyrell.

15. Williams: Ayrton Senna
As the first big team to make their move, we believe that there is just no way around the reigning World Champion Ayrton Senna.

16. Benneton: Michael Schumacher
Flavio Briatore has a keen eye for young talent and the second drafter Mercedes junior Schumacher might prove to be just that.

17. Ferrari: Alain Prost
After just falling short of the title at the end of 1990, we have no doubt that Ferrari and Prost will try it again this year.

18. McLaren: Nigel Mansell
With Senna and Prost already signed we think that Nigel Mansell will be the best available option for the reigning Constructor Champion.

This wraps up our mock draft. There will undoubtedly be some curveballs thrown by the teams, but time will tell how many of the first round picks we predicted correctly.
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

Time to bring in some ideas, we are going with Arrows.
Officially Retired
Hermann95
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hermann95 »

HawkAussie wrote:Time to bring in some ideas, we are going with Arrows.

The team is yours. You can bid for another Team Principal if you want, but Jackie Oliver doesn't cost any money at the moment, and please submit your sponsor bids.

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.
Frogfoot9013

Post by Frogfoot9013 »

Team: Scuderia Italia
Sponsors:
Agip
Agip 2
Sanyo
James Hunt, commentating on the 1991 German Grand Prix wrote:The Benettons looking very smart together on the track, mostly because they're both going so slowly.
Aislabie

Post by Aislabie »

Larrousse Sponsor Bids
1. 7-up
2. BP
3. Marlboro 3
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

Arrows

1. Gitanes
2. Camel 2
3. Toshiba
Officially Retired
DigitDan7

Post by DigitDan7 »

After all 3 of our sponsor bids were rejected, Leyton House will contact Footwork to see if they are interested in being our sponsor.
Hermann95
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hermann95 »

Welcome to the Formula Draft 1991 sponsor RNG

We'll start with the big Marlboro 20m$ contract. It's McLaren vs Ferrari.
1-60...McLaren
61-100...Ferrari
2...It wasn't a hard decision at all, to go with the Champions from the last 3 years.

Next up, Camel. They offer 15m$ and it's another hard battle between Benetton and Williams.
1-40...Benetton
41-60...Williams
99...a quick decision for the Grove based team

Now the battle of second bids, between Benetton and Ferrari for the Marlboro 2 contract, which is worth 15m$.
1-75...Ferrari
76-100...Benetton
84...Marlboro is showing Ferrari the cold shoulder again and agrees a deal with Benetton.

Next up FIAT, who where really surprised to only get one bid by the new Modena team.
1-80...getting a potential customer for Ferrari engines on board is very welcomed
81-100...a new team might not be the best fit for this deal.
91...Modena has to find their luck elsewhere.

Now we move on to Braun, who have received one bid by Tyrell.
1-75...we think that Tyrell is the right fit for us.
76-100...We don't believe that this team is strong enough to meet our expectations in the long run.
53...after some long winded meetings, a deal between Tyrell and Braun is agreed. This could bring Tyrell 11m$.

7Up is very sought after, not only in supermarkets but also by F1 teams. Three bids came in from Jordan, Minardi and Larrousse.
1-25...Jordan
26-55...Minardi
56-100...Larrousse
43...it's the Italian team who is able to strike a deal, potentially worth 10m$.

speaking of BP, it's Jordan vs Larrousse again for this one.
1-60...Larrousse
61-100...Jordan
56...a very hard decision to make, but Larrousse takes the cake.

Elf is up next. It's Ligier vs Modena for that one.
1-95...We are french, Ligier is french. We have a deal.
96-100-A new team, maybe they don't get their act together and we don't have to pay them.
76...vive la france Image

now to the big midfield battle for Gitanes. 8m$ and the hopes of all french drivers are on the line here. It's between Leyton House, Lotus, AGS and Arrows.
1-25...Leyton House
26-45...Lotus
46-75...AGS
76-100...Arrows
39...this might be a lifeline for the struggling team Lotus.

now Agip. Leyton House vs Scuderia Italia.
1-45...Leyton House
46-100...Scuderia Italia
61...the Italian team get's a deal which rewards them for running Italian drivers, how nice.

Now to Modena, who are on their third attempt to get a Sponsor today. Mobile 1 is the target this time.
1-80...why not give a new team a chance
81-100...we fear that Mobile 1's good name might get damaged
82...this leaves Modena without a sponsor for now. Not a good start for a new team

now Camel 2, who have offers from Jordan and Arrows.
1-50...Jordan
50-100...Arrows
18...Eddie Jordan was able to convince them to help fund their start in F1.

Now Toshiba, which has offers from Leyton House, Arrows and AGS.
1-50...Leyton House
51-80...Arrows
81-100...AGS
66...it's Arrows who can get a deal on their last attempt. This leaves Leyton House out of options for now.

Fondmetal have an offer from, well Fondmetal, and accept.

Fujifilm have an offer from Coloni.
1-60...we want into F1, no matter what
61-100...Coloni? never seen them in a race
64...They are trying to find evidence of Coloni taking part in a GP in 1990, but they did only watch tape from Sundays.

Sanyo are desperate enough to sponsor Coloni though.

Last one is Agip 2 who have an offer from AGS.
1-90...deal
91-100...no deal
9...easy decision.

This leaves Modena and Leyton House without a sponsor. Time for another round of bids.

@DigitDan7 thanks for submitting so quickly. Footwork is the target.
1-80...we believe Leyton House is the right team for us.
81-100...we are still mad that nobody wanted a deal with us in the first round.
31...Footwork Leyton House becomes reality.

Modena are calling Fujifilm to get a deal.
1-90...Modena looks more professional than Coloni.
91-100...We don't think an Italian is the right call for us.
86...Italy might not be the favourite country in the Fujifilm HQ, but they have a deal.
Last edited by Hermann95 on 25 Aug 2021, 17:03, edited 1 time in total.
Hermann95
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hermann95 »

Works Engine Bids

Teams are now able to bid for one of the available works' engine contracts.

These are (with expected sums in brackets):
Honda (15m$)
Renault (12m$)
Ford HBA91 (10m$)
Porsche (8m$)

Ferrari already have their contract secured, however how much they'll pay for it is still open. They will have to pay the average of the top-3 signed works contracts.
Teams are allowed to bid a different amount of money than the expected sum, which will influence the RNG accordingly.

All works teams have to give up a second round pick(or 1st round if the 2nd round pick is already traded away) in order to sign a works contract. This way, works teams can't draft in round 2 in order to keep the balance between works and customer teams.
A works contract(except for Ferrari's of course) is always two years long, which grants stability for both parties involved. The only way to get rid of the contract is by trading it away.

Work contracts also include free performance upgrades, with one per season guaranteed to happen and multiple updates possible.
Customer contracts don't include free upgrades and no updates are guaranteed, but might still be available for separate purchase. Customer engines are only available through the draft.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask either here or in the Discord.

Please use the provided form for your bid.

Code: Select all

Engine Bid:
Interested in a works contract [Y/N]:
If Yes:
Bid 1:
Bid 2:
Bid 3:
Last edited by Hermann95 on 20 Aug 2021, 19:07, edited 5 times in total.
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

Engine Bid: Ligier
Interested in a works contract [Y/N]: Y
Bid 1: Renault Works
Pilot

Post by Pilot »

Engine Bid: McLaren
If Yes:
Bid 1: Honda
Bid 2: Renault
Biscione wrote:Can you stop being such a snowflake for five minutes?
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

Engine Bid: Arrows
Interested in a works contract [Y/N]: N
Officially Retired
DigitDan7

Post by DigitDan7 »

Engine Bid: Leyton House
Interested in a works contract [Y/N]: N
Shawn040217

Post by Shawn040217 »

Team Name : Jordan GP
Interested in a works contract (Y/N) : N
Aislabie

Post by Aislabie »

Are Larrousse interested in a works contract?
Yes

1. Renault
  2. Honda
  3. Porsche

Is this a good idea for Larrousse? Almost certainly not, but we're all about chaos
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Engine Bid: Benetton
If Yes:
Bid 1: Honda ($17m)
Bid 2: Renault ($14m)
Bid 3: Ford ($12m)
Collieafc

Post by Collieafc »

Engine Bid: Minardi
If Yes:
Bid 1: Ford ($7m)
Hermann95
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hermann95 »

Works Engine RNG

and away we go
first of Honda. They received first choice picks from Benetton (17m$) and Mclaren as well as second choice picks from Larrousse and Williams.
1-40...McLaren-Honda will stay together for further two years
41-75...Benetton's money is too good to pass on
76-95...although we didn't end our last partnership in the best possible way, we will try it again
96-100...we choose Larrousse
33...despite some consideration of the other offers, there is no reason to break up this successful partnership

Next up, Renault. They received first choice offers from Williams, Ligier, Larrousse and a second choice(turned first choice) from Benetton (14m$).
1-40...our partnership with Williams worked out well in the last couple of year
41-80...getting more money from Benetton to fund the development will be helpful
81-92...we are a french manufacturer and Ligier is a french team
93-100...we choose Larrousse
86... Image

Ford with bids from Benetton (12m$), Williams, Tyrell and a very low offer from Minardi (7m$)
1-50...in Benetton we trust
51-85...we think Williams is the future
86-99...Tyrell sounds like the right team for us
100...we have enough money, let's help someone who needs it
19...we don't see a reason to not work with Benetton anymore

this leaves us with Porsche: the famous German manufacturer is entering F1, but some doubters don't believe that it is a serious works effort from them. They received bids from Larrousse and Modena anyway.
1-65...we are ready for the midfield battle from day one.
66-90...we think a couple of years with a new team, learning together, will help us in the long run.
91-100...we want into F1, but not at all cost
83...after long meetings and analysing their test bench data, Porsche nearly pulled the plug on their project. In the end they decided to go with the new Modena team

this leaves us with Porsche: the famous German manufacturer is entering F1, but some doubters don't believe that it is a serious works effort from them. They received bids from Larrousse and Modena anyway.
66-90...we think a couple of years with a new team, learning together, will help us in the long run.
83...after long meetings and analysing their test bench data, Porsche nearly pulled the plug on their project. In the end they decided to go with the new Modena team

this also means that Ferrari is paying 12.1m $ for their engines this season.