GPRejects on Bring Back V10s!

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

GPRejects on Bring Back V10s!

Post by Wallio »

While getting ready for work, imagine my surprise when during the newest episode of Bring Back V10s Glenn Freeman cites the GPRejects.com forum as one of his primary sources! The episode is on Andrea Moda of course.
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
dr-baker

Re: GPRejects on Bring Back V10s!

Post by dr-baker »

Oh great. I'm going to go and download that podcast for my weekly commute soon.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
rachel1990

Post by rachel1990 »

Listening to the podcast now- good on them for crediting the site!
Benetton of 1992. Never a reject
mario

Post by mario »

Wallio wrote:While getting ready for work, imagine my surprise when during the newest episode of Bring Back V10s Glenn Freeman cites the GPRejects.com forum as one of his primary sources! The episode is on Andrea Moda of course.

Forgive me for asking this, but who are they?
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
noiceinmydrink

Post by noiceinmydrink »

mario wrote:
Wallio wrote:While getting ready for work, imagine my surprise when during the newest episode of Bring Back V10s Glenn Freeman cites the GPRejects.com forum as one of his primary sources! The episode is on Andrea Moda of course.

Folks from The-Race.com I believe. I'm not a huge fan personally.
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

mario wrote:

Bring Back V10s is IMO the best podcast on The-Race.com. It is an F1 history podcast focusing mainly on 1987-2005. Glenn Freeman is the host, and they usually have F1 journos on such as Ed Straw or Mark Hughes, but they often pull some serious guests, like Mika, Johnny Herbert, Tiago Monterio, or Frank Williams' son. This episode naturally featured Perry McCarthy, and had snipits of an interview with Roberto Moreno too.

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

One of their previous podcasts covered the MasterCard Lola team, which I of course found absolutely fascinating.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Row Man Gross-Gene

Post by Row Man Gross-Gene »

dr-baker wrote:One of their previous podcasts covered the MasterCard Lola team, which I of course found absolutely fascinating.

Did you find out anything you didn’t already know, or was it just nice to hear about it again?
It's just unbelievable...that Formula 1 could be such a ridiculous melange of idiots.

-Jamie McGregor

Check out my colo(u)ring pages website: http://sites.google.com/site/carcoloringpages/
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Row Man Gross-Gene wrote:
dr-baker wrote:One of their previous podcasts covered the MasterCard Lola team, which I of course found absolutely fascinating.

Did you find out anything you didn’t already know, or was it just nice to hear about it again?

It was nice to hear it again, but there were some new details, like what I posted in that MasterCard Lola thread on 25th March this year:

Actually, MasterCard continued on in F1 for a few years afterwards. According to the podcast I linked to above by The Race, at the 1997 Brazilian GP, the folk from MasterCard were already at the race when Lola went under, so Jordan invited them to their hospitality for the weekend and ended up with a more traditional sponsorship deal. The MasterCard logos can be seen thereafter on either the top of the rollhoop or between the front suspension and the side pods.
MCard LOLA
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

At this stage, I'm hoping they have an episode about AGS...

I was a bit concerned whether or not Corona-Chan's evil wrath would finish them off 30 years after the F1 team shut its doors, but they're still going strong with plenty of customers flashing their cash for a drive in an old JH24, and they even fielded an old Tyrrell at the Monaco Historic Grand Prix earlier this year.

Henri Julien is sitting on a cloud with some celestial red wine and Camembert on a chunk of baguette, thinking "fantastique!"
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Worth checking out
Just For One Day...
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

CoopsII wrote:Worth checking out

It was. I have just listened to it while driving round the M25, and I am getting the impression that there is usually some interesting anecdotes and stories that are teased out of their guests in each podcast. Whether it is through good research or interview technique, I don't know, but I have several other podcasts from the series to listen to on future car journeys.
MCard LOLA
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

They only have had one real stinker of an episode so far IMO, and that was the one on Austria 2002, which was back in Season 2 IIRC. It was just so out of character for the show, as they simply could not contain their bias at all. It was something like 48 minutes in before they even mentioned that team orders were 100% legal. It was all very odd, especially seeing how fairly well they handled "Multi-21" this past season. Maybe they're all Rubens fans?

Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Forgive the thread resurrection, but it was nice to hear mention of our own Rob Lomas this week's episode, keeping the spirit of the site alive and giving Moreno the love he deserves. Also, the fact that Tarquinni in a Fondmetal had the 3rd fastest lap at Brasil '92 is.........unfathomable.