1925 AIACR World Championship

The place for non-canon series, including all series that contain minimal or no references at all to the RWRS universe
girry

Re: 1925 AIACR World Championship

Post by girry »

Sure thing! I'll send you a PM outlining your driver plan etc, if you send me your race entries by tomorrow we'll be good to go
when you're dead people start listening
Kinnikuniverse

Post by Kinnikuniverse »

I, Nicola Romeo, on behalf of Alfa Romeo Automobili S.P.A, send our congratulations to signore Pete DePaolo on his victory at the Indianapolis 500 onboard our finest racing machine. Signore DePaolo and his uncle, signore DePalma, represent our motherland with the highest dignity and grace on the new continent's motor racing circuits. May you go on and succeed in taking the AAA Championship this year! If possible, we might send some Alfa Romeo cars for sale on the american market and, who knows, maybe even grant you honorary Italian citizenship!

Yours truly.

Nicola Romeo.

PS: Come visit Alfa Romeo's factory in Milan during the off-season!
Aislabie

Post by Aislabie »

Sports and Leisure in Weimar Germany, page 214 wrote:
*snip*

In the days following the controversial race, little information emerged from the Daimler Benz organisation. After around a week of protests by a small minority of disgruntled spectators outside the team's Stuttgart factory, the team released a small statement.
  • "The Daimler Benz AG apologises to fans at the AVUS circuit who had expected to see a victory for Mercedes-Benz and for Germany. Due to the importance of our World Championship campaign, we had committed out drivers and cars to this event. Had the person responsible for scheduling the company's racing program noticed the clash, he would have made sure that the team sent at least one of its newest cars to the event. The person responsible has been removed from the role with immediate effect."
In the short term this did little to placate the angry spectators, but eventually other issues captured their attention. When the Mercedes-Benz team ultimately claimed a dominant victory in the Automobilclub von Deutschland Manufacturers Championship, the fiasco in Berlin was consigned to the footnotes of history. Elsewhere in Germany, the people were distracted by larger changes afoot in...

*snip*
Kinnikuniverse

Post by Kinnikuniverse »

Alfa Romeo sends our condoleances to the family of Signore Pietro Bordino, and will pay for the funeral organisation.

We also would like to offer 1920 Targa Florio winner Guido Meregalli a $100 contract to drive for all the races that Signore Bordino was supposed to drive.
Kinnikuniverse

Post by Kinnikuniverse »

Alfa Romeo would like to hire experienced Giulio Foresti to sub in for the injured Nando Minoia at the Italian Grand Prix
CarloSpace
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CarloSpace »

Peugeot would like to congratulate Dribus for winning the Coppa Montenero and award him another outing in the season ending race at Circuito del Garda alongside Wagner.
Frentzen127

Post by Frentzen127 »

Buenos Aires, 7th September, 1925

Monsieurs,
Girry-Pierre GIRAUD
Committee for Manufacturers, Commission Sportive Internationale
Association Internationale des Automobile Clubs Reconnus
Paris, France

It is with a heavy heart that I address you gentlemen, no sooner I had been made aware of the troubling news coming from Italy this morning.
The results from the Italian Grand Prix, taken place the day before, are irrefutable evidence of the sorry situation we find ourselves in, for we have allowed ourselves to be made subjects to the whim of a band of chancers; deceitful in their ways, and unrepentant throughout.

Indeed, not only unrepentant, but revelling in their behaviour, for they have trampled all over the sanctity of our sport and all we have held dear to us, and profited greatly in so doing.

I can count on everybody on the committee understanding well whom I speak of, but it is always best to remain honest and plain, and they may very well be blissfully unaware it is them I address: It is thou, sons of Rome, of whom I speak. For such behaviour has been nothing short of disgraceful, and if you had been of a mind to not expect consequences for it, we intend to dispel such illusion. One need only look at the competition this year, how it has developed and what results it has engendered, that truly only the most foolish of men would fail to act at this junction.

The Italians have acted in ways which now plainly reveal their purpose; to consistently stifle competition from within and from without their country; a misguided attempt to guide their country to glory at the expense of all others. Consider their arrogance in addressing other competitors: particularly when they have come against them and are found wanting, the evidently transparent relationship and funding between this new Industrialist and its benefactor in the new fascist regime, taking its country by storm as quickly and suspiciously -nay, blatantly- as it has taken over the spoils in our championship and despite the best efforts of elder, more experienced manufacturers, the clearly protectionist policies of its championships, forcing other manufacturers to field a machinery different from the one used in the championship, ensuring a competitive advantage, or even more blatantly, preventing drivers from other countries from accessing their machinery, factories, and mechanics. This conduct is vile, and unworthy of honest, honorable men.

The fact that this continues to be rewarded by events such as those taken place just yesterday, proves that dishonor is profitable, and fills my -and ought to fill the hearts of everyone in the committee- with sadness. But we shall not stand idly by, while we must endure such mockery and deceit, and I urge all members to have this same determination.

I therefore humbly propose a pair of measures which would take away their unfair and blatant advantages in the short term, and restore decency and competitiveness to this entity.

Firstly, the championship must be run as Formula Libre, for to continue on the current course is a mockery to all competitors, and would likewise allow fair competition for those entering the Italian championship, should they wish to take part in it.

Secondly, this behaviour must be denounced as is proper, for which Italy must be expelled from the AIACR, as a suitable act of punishment. They shall be allowed to rejoin, in time, having proven their repentance and penitence is genuine.

I trust the committee will put both issues to the vote, and act accordingly for the benefit and sanctity of our great and glorious sport.

Yours truly, faithfully

IGNACIO IBARGUENGOITIA
DEPORTIVO CA... pfft hahaha can't say that with a straight face!
Misses Minardi dearly. :(
kevinbotz

Post by kevinbotz »

Frentzen127 wrote:
Buenos Aires, 7th September, 1925

Monsieurs,
Girry-Pierre GIRAUD
Committee for Manufacturers, Commission Sportive Internationale
Association Internationale des Automobile Clubs Reconnus
Paris, France

It is with a heavy heart that I address you gentlemen, no sooner I had been made aware of the troubling news coming from Italy this morning.
The results from the Italian Grand Prix, taken place the day before, are irrefutable evidence of the sorry situation we find ourselves in, for we have allowed ourselves to be made subjects to the whim of a band of chancers; deceitful in their ways, and unrepentant throughout.

Indeed, not only unrepentant, but revelling in their behaviour, for they have trampled all over the sanctity of our sport and all we have held dear to us, and profited greatly in so doing.

I can count on everybody on the committee understanding well whom I speak of, but it is always best to remain honest and plain, and they may very well be blissfully unaware it is them I address: It is thou, sons of Rome, of whom I speak. For such behaviour has been nothing short of disgraceful, and if you had been of a mind to not expect consequences for it, we intend to dispel such illusion. One need only look at the competition this year, how it has developed and what results it has engendered, that truly only the most foolish of men would fail to act at this junction.

The Italians have acted in ways which now plainly reveal their purpose; to consistently stifle competition from within and from without their country; a misguided attempt to guide their country to glory at the expense of all others. Consider their arrogance in addressing other competitors: particularly when they have come against them and are found wanting, the evidently transparent relationship and funding between this new Industrialist and its benefactor in the new fascist regime, taking its country by storm as quickly and suspiciously -nay, blatantly- as it has taken over the spoils in our championship and despite the best efforts of elder, more experienced manufacturers, the clearly protectionist policies of its championships, forcing other manufacturers to field a machinery different from the one used in the championship, ensuring a competitive advantage, or even more blatantly, preventing drivers from other countries from accessing their machinery, factories, and mechanics. This conduct is vile, and unworthy of honest, honorable men.

The fact that this continues to be rewarded by events such as those taken place just yesterday, proves that dishonor is profitable, and fills my -and ought to fill the hearts of everyone in the committee- with sadness. But we shall not stand idly by, while we must endure such mockery and deceit, and I urge all members to have this same determination.

I therefore humbly propose a pair of measures which would take away their unfair and blatant advantages in the short term, and restore decency and competitiveness to this entity.

Firstly, the championship must be run as Formula Libre, for to continue on the current course is a mockery to all competitors, and would likewise allow fair competition for those entering the Italian championship, should they wish to take part in it.

Secondly, this behaviour must be denounced as is proper, for which Italy must be expelled from the AIACR, as a suitable act of punishment. They shall be allowed to rejoin, in time, having proven their repentance and penitence is genuine.

I trust the committee will put both issues to the vote, and act accordingly for the benefit and sanctity of our great and glorious sport.

Yours truly, faithfully

IGNACIO IBARGUENGOITIA
To Mister Ibarguengoitia and the whole of the AIACR,

We of Sunbeam Talbot are compelled, by the sacred responsibilities of sportsmanship and gentlemanliness, to salute the upstanding, righteous indignation of M. Ibarguengoitia's gaucho spirit. We sympathise with his grievance, for we have witnessed the same, progressive degradation of our sport by the churlish Italian; the deleterious poison of his vicious, prejudiced protectionism, the discreditable glee with which he celebrates his victories, and the incestuous perversion of his patronage by the grotesque Fasces.

We cannot yet, however, recommend the expulsion of Italy from the AIACR, despite the myriad injuries inflicted upon us, and upon our beautiful pursuit. We of Sunbeam have delivered overture upon overture; we have pleaded, offered generous monetary incentives, debased ourselves most unbecomingly in the desperate hope that the Italian would see reason, would perhaps feel a stirring in his unfeeling heart for the fraternal flame that ought to bind all we racing men together. And we have failed, time and time again, our pride trampled into the dust by the Italian jackboot, our outstretched hand spat upon. Yet we must endeavour to try at this final precipice, once more, for a gentlemanly compromise to be reached - Englishness demands it.

Sunbeam thus proposes the following as a remedy, in lieu of an outright expulsion.

1. For the Automobile Club d'Italia to fully subsidise foreign entries for the Italian Championship, and the Gran Premio d'Italia, for five years.

2. For all Italian cars participating in AIACR associated events to carry a ballast weight of a to-be-determined specification amounting to the equivalent of a 30 hp penalty for five years.

We strongly feel that this is the fairest compromise possible at this late juncture, and, once more, strongly urge the Italian representatives to accept this as a judicious and appropriate sanction for their breaches of international racing norms.
Klon, on Alt-F1 wrote: I like to think it's more poker than gambling, though.
girry

Post by girry »

Driver deaths:
Margot von Einsiedel: 2.5.1925, Madonie Circuit Medio (crashed in practice for Targa Florio)
Earl Cooper: 30.5.1925, Indianapolis Motor Speedway (crashed during the Indy 500)
Pietro Bordino: 9.8.1925, Mainz (died from the injuries he got at the German GP on the day prior)
Glen Kidston: 4.10.1925, Sitges-Terramar (crashed during the Spanish GP)

Retirements due to crashes/injuries:
Renato Balestrero (Premio Reale di Roma), Caberto Conelli (Circuito di Alessandria)

Injuries extending the start of 1926:
Filippo Tassara: injured until 18.4.1926
Ralph DePalma: injured until 11.7.1926

Retired (famous drivers):
Ralph DePalma
Christian Lautenschlager
Felice Nazzaro

1926 will begin in a few days.
when you're dead people start listening