Lewis Hamilton’s whining
17%
Red Bull’s unreliability
4%

Total votes: 23

TomPryce

Reject of the Race: Australia

Post by TomPryce »

1) Aston Martin. Garbage tier display, especially from Stroll throwing away points and Vettel crashing again.

2) Lewis Hamilton. I'm sorry, I have been super forgiving of him for years but Jesus he was whiny today. Obnoxiously so.
Remembering a Welsh sporting hero. Pleidiol wyf i'm gwlad.
dr-baker

Re: Reject of the Race: Australia

Post by dr-baker »

Aston Martin remains the last team yet to trouble the scoreboard, while Verstappen's reliability leaves a lot to be desired.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
IceG

Post by IceG »

(1) Aston Martin - just disasterous all the way through the weekend*

(2) Stroll - you want to be get points on your licence? 'Cos that's how you get points on your licence

*except Seb's helmet which was great to see
Batty

Post by Batty »

1. Carlos Sainz - Decides to go the old F1 video game shortcut at Albert Park by getting on the grass, cutting the corner and getting himself beached. Threw away points especially with Max out. Also his teammate kind of dominated too.

2. Aston Martin - Seb car ded in FP1, Both drivers crashed in FP3, Stroll got a penalty for his incident with Latifi in Q1, Stroll gets a penalty for weaving, and before that Seb lost it in Turn 4 and crashed out.

Stroll wasn't going to finish in the points even without a penalty. Quicker cars behind him were catching him. So, he had no chance.
Last edited by Batty on 10 Apr 2022, 09:36, edited 1 time in total.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Red Bull unreliability: 6 starts between the 2 drivers and 3 DNF’s already. Max must feel like he’s in 2017 again.

Lewis Hamilton: Please just zip it

Haas: After 2 really competitive outings they were invisible here

Reject of the weekend (ROTW) Aston Martin: The only Aston Martin’s that had a clean weekend were the safety cars. The F1 team had an utter car crash, here’s a quick summary:

Vettel breaks down in FP1
Vettel misses FP2 because of it
Vettel and Stroll both crash in FP3
Stroll gets into a brainless crash with Latifi in Q1
They qualify 17th and 19th
Vettel crashes out
Stroll gets a penalty for weaving
Their now the only team who haven’t scored

It feels like the 2 drivers have spent more time on the paddock scooters than in their cars this weekend, to be honest they’d have probably been more competitive that way. Maybe if they’d spent more time on actually making a good car and less on charitable activities last year they wouldn’t be in this mess.
Vassago

Post by Vassago »

1. Aston Martin - it's not even close here. This was a totally rejectful weekend overall. From mechanical failures and crashes on Friday & Saturday to another crash on Sunday (like who actually crashed in Turn 4 on this track last time?) and two penalties for Stroll who was weaving like he saw the ghosts of J.D. Deletraz :facepalm: The fact they are the only team yet to score a point is actually extremely fitting. At this rate Vettel might retire mid-season and I can only wonder what the atmosphere inside that team is given who runs it and who drives in the #18.

HM: Carlos Sainz - this old school DNF probably means Ferrari can put all their eggs in the Leclerc basket going forward. He couldn't have chosen a worse moment and fashion to snap his longest active finishing streak in the series.
95 GP / 63 DNF / 5 pts
RAK

Post by RAK »

1) Carlos Sainz: While the poor qualifying was not entirely his fault, he made a high-speed unforced error in which he was lucky that he didn't collect anybody else in it. An opportunity for decent points gone.

2) Aston Martin: Woeful performance, terrible reliability and Vettel turfing off his car in the race.
Predicament Predictions Champion, 2011, 2018, 2019

They weren't the world's most competent team,
In fact, to be believed, their results must be seen,
Lola,
M-Mastercard Lola,
L, O, L, A, Lola!
rachel1990

Post by rachel1990 »

1. Aston Martin. Jaguar is back folks. Terrible weekend for the third weekend in a row. Poor driver errors from both drivers and a rubbish car. Will Vettel retire at the end of the season? He might to be honest because he certainly won't get anywhere with Aston Martin.

2 Red Bull reliability. To finish first, first you might finish. Ferrari and LeClerc might win the title with a much easier run than they thought. No wonder Max is angry.

Hm Carlos Sainz. Not a good look when your teammate thrashes the whole field and you beach the car within 5 Laps.

Hm Lewis Hamilton. Nothing is ever his fault and I reckon he wanted the team to tell Russell to move over for him. Oh please.
Benetton of 1992. Never a reject
James1978

Post by James1978 »

Aston Martin probably get this hands down.
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
Meatwad

Post by Meatwad »

Aston Martin and its drivers: Four crashes, mechanical problems and now last place in the WCC with no points (I wouldn't have expected them to be last after three races). Maybe Vettel had an excuse (having missed the last two races with COVID, then the car breaking down), but a shocking performance anyway.
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

Yeah Aston Martin, no escaping it, this time. Dishonourable mentions to Carlos Sainz and Latifi's knack for crashing at least once every weekend.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Spectoremg

Post by Spectoremg »

1. Hamilton's whining. What exactly was the 'difficult position' Mercedes were putting him in?
2. Stroll. He's gone from deadbeat on daddy's money to decent driver and back to deadbeat.
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

1. Carlos Sainz
2. Sebastian Vettel & Lance Stroll
dj_vicious

Post by dj_vicious »

It's an easy one and a tough one this time around!

The Easy: Aston Martin Do I need to go into detail with all you lovely people? Probably not. This weekend was ROTY-caliber.

The tough: So many candidates for 2nd place here, from the disappointment of Haas to the excessive whining of Hamilton. My vote is going to go to Carlos Sainz Jr. This weekend he really needed to beat Leclerc to show he could make a bid for the title, and he blew it. He didn't put a good lap together in Q3 (the 2nd attempt) while Leclerc snagged pole. Then in the race he made an awful start and binned it in the chicane.
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

1. Carlos Sainz - It's easy: while his qualifying performance wasn't 100% his fault (even if he ruined his second lap), his race was a disaster. I'm sorry, but anyone who spins on his own into the gravel on the second lap while trying to overtake a Haas... yeah. Easy ROTR for me.

2. Aston Martin - Worst team out there?
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

1) Aston Martin - Jaguar 2002 levels of incompetence

2) Sainz - Oh yeah

HM) Latifi - His accident in Quali was stupid and miles off Albon.
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

The nominations are in and you have 48 hours to vote for your reject of the race at Albert Park :dance: Vote at the top of this thread.
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l