Ferrari
85%
Yuki Tsunoda
5%

Total votes: 20

Londoner

Reject of the Race - Hungary 2022

Post by Londoner »

1. Everyone who switched to hard tyres. Utterly imbecilic call time and time again. All teams had to do was watch Magnussen making absolutely no impression on the field in the first stint to know it wasn't the way to go.

2. Everyone at Ferrari AND Mercedes. You've just let a bloke who started 10th and spun off midway through the race canter to an easy victory. Fire everyone immediately and close your factories down.

Honourable mention to Crofty, just bore off already.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Reject of the Race - Hungary 2022

Post by Enforcer »

Can we just auto-award ROTR to Ferrari from now on?
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Ferrari strategerists - OMFG what the hell was that

Tsunoda
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Post by ADx_Wales »

Everyone on social media who were pretty much praying for a wet race. Which didnt happen. Way to go.
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
rachel1990

Post by rachel1990 »

1- Everybody at Ferrari. Again. Words Fail me. Verstappen started 10th and you still let him win the sodding race. HOW???? Stuffed both cars up especially Charles by even touching those hard tires??? Surely they saw what happened to Alpine and Haas and even Pirelli themselves said that the hard tire was not the way to go. Even the sky team were calling them out!!

I can't even go for another nomination because its so much of a slam dunk and I am just so angry with them
Benetton of 1992. Never a reject
Fetzie

Post by Fetzie »

Ferrari.

Just a complete absence of common sense and desire to win races
Vassago

Post by Vassago »

1. Ferrari - Anyone fired yet? I suspect there will be some heads rolling during the summer break. A clown show on wheels... literally.

2. Alpha Tauri - Bruh, they are just bad this season. Another completely anonymous race, Gasly was nowhere after starting from pitlane and Tsunoda possesed a Mazespin magic for a while.
95 GP / 63 DNF / 5 pts
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Ferrari: Of all the capitulations and missed opportunities this year, that has to go down as the biggest. What were they thinking even touching those hard tires? They don’t deserve either of those two drivers who must be sick to the back teeth of Ferrari’s incompetence.

Alpine: Yes they scored double points but I wasn’t impressed by the unnecessary hard squabbling between the drivers or the decision to switch to hard tires. They’ve got away with one today.

The hard tire compound: when was the last time one particular set of tires was genuinely useless for race day?
RAK

Post by RAK »

1) Ferrari: Finding new and more elaborate ways to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

2) Yuki Tsunoda: Very poor performance and showed no sign of anything special this weekend.
Predicament Predictions Champion, 2011, 2018, 2019

They weren't the world's most competent team,
In fact, to be believed, their results must be seen,
Lola,
M-Mastercard Lola,
L, O, L, A, Lola!
mario

Post by mario »

When I joked in the Predicament Predictions thread about this race being "The "how will Ferrari contrive to cock this one up?" GP", I wasn't expecting Ferrari to go "challenge accepted".

The strategy with Leclerc was just baffling - they'd seen how badly both Alpine's and Magnussen had done on the hard tyre, and yet they stuck him on that tyre and then wondered why Verstappen could breeze past him. The way it played out with Sainz was also pretty poor - Hamilton showed that a medium-medium-soft strategy would work, but then proceeded to leave Sainz out for a very long stint on the softs at a track where abrasion was noticeably higher and then wondered why Sainz's times were dropping off so far near the end.

They've managed to create a situation where Russell is now ahead of Sainz in the WDC, with Hamilton only 10 points behind Sainz, and Mercedes are only 30 points behind Ferrari in the WCC. Ferrari have a car and a driver pairing that should be fighting for both championships, but operationally they are so far behind that they're throwing it all away in spectacular fashion - Binotto walking off the pit wall just sums up how lost they seem to be right now on that side.

I know that Binotto has tried to institute a similar culture to that which Mercedes has, which is not to simply look for somebody to blame, but instead see what they can learn from their mistakes. Unfortunately, whilst he seems to have succeeded with the first part, the second part seems to be rather lacking...

Tsunoda had a shocker too - clumsy spin during the race, and dreadful pace which meant Gasly, who started from the pit lane, finished a full 7 places ahead of Tsunoda at the end.

I'm also wondering whether to nominate Ricciardo, or to nominate McLaren's strategists for making the same mistake and putting him on hards - the strategy was poor, but the collision with Stroll was also rather clumsy by him. Either way, Ricciardo also sunk without trace from a top 10 slot to 15th and Alpine have now pulled ever so slightly ahead of McLaren in the WCC fight now.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
Har1MAS1415

Post by Har1MAS1415 »

If Ferrari wish to be ROTY, they're going the right way about it, they're my ROTR for Hungary.
IceG

Post by IceG »

Ferrari - everything that needs to be said has been said above

Crofty - has finally reached peak numpty. He actually spoils the event for me now. If only we could just switch off the commentary track.
mario

Post by mario »

IceG wrote: 31 Jul 2022, 15:18 Ferrari - everything that needs to be said has been said above

Crofty - has finally reached peak numpty. He actually spoils the event for me now. If only we could just switch off the commentary track.
Have you considered muting Sky's coverage and synchronising the feed with the BBC's Radio 5 Live commentary instead? It seems that's a fairly popular choice for a number of people.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
Meatwad

Post by Meatwad »

Enforcer wrote: 31 Jul 2022, 14:44 Can we just auto-award ROTR to Ferrari from now on?
If someone created a bot to post Ferrari in each week's ROTR thread, it would probably be a good nomination for 75% of races this year. And they're by far the best pick this week, too.

Dishonorable mention to Bottas' car for the only DNF.
Spectoremg

Post by Spectoremg »

It's all been said.
1. Martin Brundle for being the voice of reason in an otherwise dismal Sky coverage. He must be embarrassed at times.
2. Mario, for another unnecessarily long post. If you want I'll give you some advice in how to get girls - it'll get you out of your bedroom.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Spectoremg wrote: 31 Jul 2022, 16:24 2. Mario, for another unnecessarily long post. If you want I'll give you some advice in how to get girls - it'll get you out of your bedroom.
Let mario have his long posts on here. We have a few ladies here, but this isn't exactly a dating website, he's unlikely to lose any dating opportunities by posting long comments. It's easy to scroll past if you're not interested.

Although, having said that, if you do have any advice in how to get ladies, I'll take it...

Back on topic, ROTR has to go to Ferrari or to the only DNF of the race.

Although the Jacks Jones performance and pre-race stuff on the grid in London for the Formula E race has to be distracting for the professional race drivers. And I'm hoping none of the spectators or mechanics/engineers inside the Excel Centre have photosensitive epilepsy.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

Love sensible strategy.
Hate Ferrari.
Simple as.

Daniel Ricciardo gets my second vote for yet another pathetic showing. I was honestly going to give him my first preference as Ferrari's feck-up was just so on-brand. :badoer:
Manager of Calsonic Team Impul in Formula E, K-Apex in PES & Eurasian F3 and Mitsuoka in Alt-F1 '76.
My career mode thread - 1988: AGS (19pts, 9th) // 1989: Arrows (25pts, 8th, 1 win!)
You'll never DNF if you always DNPQ. #RollSafe
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Ferrari - Full stop. I've said it a few times this season already, but they have already locked up ROTY. However, more importantly they are only 30 points ahead of Mercedes in the WCC and will probably lose 2nd place by Zandvoort. Lewis now has more podiums than Charles. Just like......how?
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
James1978

Post by James1978 »

Ferrari's strategy with Leclerc. Here you go Max, here you go Christian, there's your championships on a platter. 80 points, no coming back from there.

Otherwise probably Ricciardo again - 2014 feels like centuries ago.
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
dj_vicious

Post by dj_vicious »

1. Ferrari. It's beyond a meme at this point. When us armchair idiots are screaming 'what the hell are you doing' at the TV, and we're correct, there's a problem. They are comfortably on course for ROTY for accidentally throwing a winning lottery ticket out with the trash.

2. Alpha Tauri. Were they even in the race? Tsunoda was quietly two laps down after his lazy spin.
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Spectoremg wrote: 31 Jul 2022, 16:24 It's all been said.
1. Martin Brundle for being the voice of reason in an otherwise dismal Sky coverage. He must be embarrassed at times.
2. Mario, for another unnecessarily long post. If you want I'll give you some advice in how to get girls - it'll get you out of your bedroom.
As a mod, considering this a warning for belittling other members! Don't get what's so wrong with lengthy posts, specially mario's, which are usually informative and very well put together - something which your post clearly isn't. So, please, have some consideration from now for others members :)

Ferrari is the easy pick for ROTR, but everyone who put the hard tyres should be ashamed of themselves. What are the teams doing?! Yuki Tsunoda is also a candidate, that was pretty poor.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
Ducktanian

Post by Ducktanian »

I raise a nomination not just for Ferrari, but for specifically Mattia Binotto's statement on Lap 26 thst they are not concerned about Verstappen's pace

It's just too perfect. :pantano:
Murray Walker: "A lot of people here are really debating whether Ricardo Rosset is Formula 1 material"
Martin Brundle: "Well, it's a fairly short debate, Murray".
Row Man Gross-Gene

Post by Row Man Gross-Gene »

It feels pretty clear that it's Ferrari, but I have a nagging feeling. Essentially, Sainz did the strategy that we thought Leclerc should have done (I know Sainz's final stint on the softs was longer than ideal, slightly extending one or both of the medium stints would have been better). Even though Sainz's strategy was better, he was still only able to get 4th. Perhaps Ferrari were only the third fastest car today? Granted, I think if Leclerc had been on Sainz's strategy, he'd have probably beaten Sainz, but that still only puts Ferrari 4th and 5th. The Ferrari may have only been quick on the medium tire and terrible on both the hard and the soft. They definitely dropped Leclerc from 4th to 6th, but it didn't really feel like they threw away a podium or two, at least not because of strategy. Still rejectful though.
It's just unbelievable...that Formula 1 could be such a ridiculous melange of idiots.

-Jamie McGregor

Check out my colo(u)ring pages website: http://sites.google.com/site/carcoloringpages/
Pacific Edge

Post by Pacific Edge »

Time for the regular Ferrari F1 award (That is how it is starting to feel)

Ferrari: Blew ANOTHER one, this is fast becoming a manual on how NOT to run a title challenge season. They seem to have a never ending list of ideas on how to do this.

Haas: A relatively anonymous race, failed to capitalize on their good qualifying.

Alpha Tauri: Also anonymous. Quite frankly, if it weren't for others mentioning them, I would have forgotten they were there at all.

Pit stop mishaps: Looked pretty infectious.
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Spectoremg wrote: 31 Jul 2022, 16:24 2. Mario, for another unnecessarily long post. If you want I'll give you some advice in how to get girls - it'll get you out of your bedroom.
Highly uncalled for.

Ferrari are my only nomination. Bizarre strategy choices saw them slip from 2nd and 3rd to 4th and 6th, despite having possibly the fastest car.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Spectoremg wrote: 31 Jul 2022, 16:24 It's all been said.
Do us all a favour and leave
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Three main candidates stood out in this thread's nominations. You have 48 hours to get your vote in for your Reject of the Race candidate at the Hungaroring! :dance: Poll is at the top of this thread.
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l