Driver Profile - Jolyon Palmer

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Evening everyone.

It's time to kick off 2023 with a fresh Driver Profile, and what better way than to profile one of the most recent GP Rejects. Jolyon Palmer could not achieve unrejectification like his father did, but 37 often tumultuous races with two lucky points finishes for Renault obscured a much stronger junior career. You can read his story right here tonight!

Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
CoopsII

Re: Driver Profile - Jolyon Palmer

Post by CoopsII »

My son has played football for a local team for years and, as a result, I've come across many, many parents convinced their child is destined for great things, World Cup success, Galacticos, etc. I'd never realised that Jonathon Palmer was, essentially, one of those parents, only on a bigger budget and different platform. Jolyon is a nice guy, it seems, and I'm sure he enjoyed driving the cars as fast as he could but so was Giovanni Lavaggi.

Anyway, that was a great read, so thanks.
Just For One Day...