43%
Ted Kravitz
13%

Total votes: 23

Londoner

Reject of the Race - Canada 2023

Post by Londoner »

Post your choices for ROTR!
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
TomPryce

Re: Reject of the Race - Canada 2023

Post by TomPryce »

1) Haas. Typical slide back
2) De Vries. Typical crappy drive
Remembering a Welsh sporting hero. Pleidiol wyf i'm gwlad.
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Enforcer »

Honourable mentions:

Russell: Poor error.

Stroll: Slow all weekend.

But it's between Ted "Stop being mean to Lando" Kravitz and Nyck de Vries for his incredibly amateur attempt on Magnussen. Talk about demonstrating why you don't sign a driver off the back of beating Latifi.
RAK

Post by RAK »

Got to be George Russell for me. At least Hamilton scored a podium.
Predicament Predictions Champion, 2011, 2018, 2019

They weren't the world's most competent team,
In fact, to be believed, their results must be seen,
Lola,
M-Mastercard Lola,
L, O, L, A, Lola!
Psyclepath

Post by Psyclepath »

Haas - absolutely aimless. Why? Hulk qualified P2, started P5, faded to P16 after leading an 11-car DRS train early on. Would've given it to him, but K-Mag was equally woeful.

George Russell - major error, made it impossible for Merc to work a strategy to outfox Aston.

HM - Perez and Stroll - nowhere compared to their teammates once again.
Frogfoot9013

Post by Frogfoot9013 »

Easy nomination: Ted Kravitz
James Hunt, commentating on the 1991 German Grand Prix wrote:The Benettons looking very smart together on the track, mostly because they're both going so slowly.
tBone

Post by tBone »

Enforcer wrote: 18 Jun 2023, 19:41 Honourable mentions:

Russell: Poor error.

Stroll: Slow all weekend.

But it's between Ted "Stop being mean to Lando" Kravitz and Nyck de Vries for his incredibly amateur attempt on Magnussen. Talk about demonstrating why you don't sign a driver off the back of beating Latifi.
Nothing to add to this.
YOUR
LOGO

Here
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

1) Nyck de Gone.

Poor yet again when he really needed a great result.

2) Lance Stroll

Still wasting the 2nd best car on the grid.
Message me on Discord.
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

George Russell for his "brake issue", in the words of David Croft, which caused him to retire when the wall made direct contact with his car very early into the race.

Ted Kravitz for complaining that Lando Norris got an "unsportsmanlike behaviour" penalty. To paraphrase him, but barely: "Don't they know he's Lando Norris?"

Haas, goes without saying.

Nyck de Vries, goes without saying.

DHM for Lance Stroll who did bugger-all for the entire race, took Norris on penalties and Bottas on the line. He did however spend the entire rest of the race behind just about everyone who hadn't crashed.
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
rachel1990

Post by rachel1990 »

1- George Russell- He binned it- I love George But he binned it into the wall and retired in the end. Simple

2. Nyck de Vries- Not exactly making a case why FE drivers should be in f1. Unless something Change Quickly he might be out midseason- It's difficult to argue against tbh.

HM- Ted Kravtiz- On another Planet at times in this race
HM- Haas. Sliding down the grid faster than Link does climbing a wall in tears of the kingdom when it's raining
Hm Sergio Perez. At least Bottas would come 2nd. Not Sergio.
Benetton of 1992. Never a reject
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

1. Russell
2. De Vries

Hülkenberg was very unlucky with the timing of the safety car so he and the team can be left off hook.
Ducktanian

Post by Ducktanian »

George Russell - Should've been in the fight for a podium, but made that mistake which basically ruined his race. When Sir Lewis is your teammate, you cant really afford to make mistakes like this.

Lance Stroll - I honestly forgot he was even in this race until like Lap 50.

de Vries - I mean come on, that's just clumsy.

Ted Kravitz - :facepalm:
Murray Walker: "A lot of people here are really debating whether Ricardo Rosset is Formula 1 material"
Martin Brundle: "Well, it's a fairly short debate, Murray".
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Haas, and George Russell for me. I can also understand Kravitz getting nominated.

And the M25 for me, causing me to miss the start of the race on Sky and having to resort to Radio 5 for the early stages, including Russell's incident. Thank goodness for YouTube for replays...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
IceG

Post by IceG »

Team - Haas for being, well, useless.

Driver - is it Russell for the unforced error, De Vries for THAT overtake, or Stroll for sitting in daddy's car and going "vroom"? I'll go with Russell because the other two were not unusual.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Haas: Melted from a strong grid slot in Canada for the 2nd year running. 7 years they’ve been in the sport and I still don’t think they know what race pace is

Russell: A silly unenforced mistake that ruined any strategy tricks Mercedes may have had to pull off an impossible win

De Vries: With each passing race it looks more and more like Italy last year was just a freak one off where he benefited from a car that was really good in low downforce trim. He’s come nowhere close to that since.

Won’t say anything about a certain Mr Kravitz as I used other ways to watch but I ain’t surprised whenever he gets pelted in these threads, he’s gone way down since his BBC days with his levels of cringe, more so since that night in Abu Dhabi
Meatwad

Post by Meatwad »

The incident between De Vries and Magnussen was good old-fashioned rejectfulness. :D
James1978

Post by James1978 »

Meatwad wrote: 18 Jun 2023, 22:23 The incident between De Vries and Magnussen was good old-fashioned rejectfulness. :D
I thought exactly the same, I was laughing at them both trying to rejoin :-)

Otherwise DHMs to Russell, Perez and Stroll though they are up against the top 3 drivers in the same cars so always facing a hard task.
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
Vassago

Post by Vassago »

1. Haas - They are going backwards fast. Hulk top 5 grid to lapped 15th place and Magnussen somehow picked a fight with Nyck de Vries who might be on his last F1 rites anyway. C'mon!
95 GP / 63 DNF / 5 pts
Batty

Post by Batty »

Nyck De Vries - Crashes into K-Mag twice. Not a great way to show you belong in F1. Plus it was hilarious him just stuck on the escape road

To be fair on Hulk and Stroll and Zhou, they pitted a lap before the SC came into play, so they were going to be placed down the order while others got the easier stop.
Spectoremg

Post by Spectoremg »

Palmer and Jacques* on C4. Partisan and over-excited.
* Also the patronising of easyJet safety briefs.
noiceinmydrink

Post by noiceinmydrink »

Meatwad wrote: 18 Jun 2023, 22:23 The incident between De Vries and Magnussen was good old-fashioned rejectfulness. :D
I think it has to be this one. Truly amateurish stuff from a world champion racing driver. Laughed my ass off when I watched this.

I don't think he should be ROTR but Ted was truly embarrasing. The Lando stuff during the race was pretty bad, but he doubled down on it in the Notebook by spending a few minutes getting worked up about semantics. What took the crapcake was his interaction with GP - he made a poor attempt at humour by calling him Mr Empathy (referring to his supposed indifference to Verstappen's grip issues), GP happened to be walking past when he was doing the bit so Ted saw fit to accost him with this - GP had no idea what he was talking about so he did that "haha yeah" thing you do when someone says something to you but you don't catch them and don't care enough to request clarity, and continued about his day. Ted took this thick by assuming GP took it thick and did a "it's just a joke ok" to the camera.

Accidental Partridge in the worst possible way. Utterly appalling television.
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

1)Lance - While Alonso added another podium on the season, Lance was nowhere near, which is worst when you think Russell plonked the wall and finished ahead of him.
2)Russell - Wasted a podium possibility by smashing the wall
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Dishonorable mentions to:

Haas - SELL. THE. TEAM.

George Russell - He literally is a meme at this point. Claims he has the best spacial awareness on the grid on Thursday and is the only driver to have an accident on Sunday.

My Chromecast - Would not allow me to watch F1TV on my 70in flat-screen so I had to hold my laptop for two hours. Because (as others have noted) Sky is THAT bad and this is a reasonable alternative.

But ROTR goes to.....

Nyck De Vries - Just what was that man? His internet nickname of "Nyck Debris" is pretty on the nose im afraid. Will he even make the summer break at this point?
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
dj_vicious

Post by dj_vicious »

1. The CCTV kerfuffle. FP1 cancelled because the camera infrastructure went down a few minutes into FP1. Game, set, and match for ROTR (even if it wasn't the race itself).

2. McLaren. A good qualifying position for Norris in changing conditions results in an out of points finish for Mclaren.

HM: Pirelli tires. Usually the Canadian GP gives us some excitement. A cancelled Fp1, an FP2 in changing conditions, wet FP3 and qualifying should have given us a strategy mix up for the race, which was the only dry session (that actually ran) for the race). Instead we get a M-->H strategy ONCE AGAIN.
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Poll is up! You have 48 hours to get voting and choose your ROTR candidate for Canada. :dance:
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
FalconCapelli

Post by FalconCapelli »

Nick Debries and Ted "Biased to Bri'ish race droivers" Kravitz are the definite ROTR
World's biggest Alpine and Chip Ganassi Racing Fan :dance:

Alt Mario Kart: Chunky Kong + Koopra Kids Kongsortium
Alt Crash Team Racing: Koala Kong + Pentacific
Copa Marlboro: Juan Carlos Elano + Elano Motorsport
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l