Live Podcast Race Commentary?

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
Stuart

Live Podcast Race Commentary?

Post by Stuart »

Ladies and Gentlemen,

After the New Years podcast and the amusing discussion regarding a Japanese drivers DVD boxset and having an easter egg etc. I thought how about Enoch and Jamie do a DVD style commentrary of a Grand Prix? Often me and my friends watch a GP together and chat and joke about what's going on. How brilliant would it be to have a live stream of the F1 Rejects guys discussing whats going on as well? Like a live Podcast race commentray? What about being able to email the guys live or Twitter them live? I think it could be pretty funny and insightful... Just like the podcasts are!

I think you should try this Enoch and Jamie, even if only for a couple of races?

What do the people of the forums think?

- Stuart

http://www.stewzer.com
http://twitter.com/stewzer
http://www.facebook.com/stewzer
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Live Podcast Race Commentary?

Post by shinji »

I feel like you're talking down to me. That saddens me.

That'd probably be a bit overcomplicated for the amount of listnership it'd get, I'm very happy with the amount of coverage that the podcasts and race reviews give, and I'm not even sure that Jenoch even watch the races live, aren't they on at like 2 in the morning in Australia?
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

I didn't bother entering the links.
I think podcasts are good enough, and J&E perhaps don't want to bother making DVDs and having to send them to everyone of us.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Much as I would enjoy such a feature, I would likely as not keep forgetting about it and tune into Martin Brundle instead. On top of that, Jamie and Enoch have their own lives to be getting on with, and to give us a regualr podcast, a website and a forum for free, who am I to demand more from our Overlords???????? :o :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock:
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

shinji wrote:I feel like you're talking down to me. That saddens me.

Apologies if it sounds like that. It wasn't my intent. The whole thing was just a thought. I appreciate how much everyone at F1 Rejects does. I just listen. Needless to say you always want more of a good thing :D

Stuart.
Kuwashima
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by Kuwashima »

Hmmm.... nice idea! This is certainly something we might consider doing as a one-off.
For the Australian GP perhaps? But there would need to be some demand....

[Aside: We did actually "live record" our thoughts in bursts through the German GP for later use on the podcast (ie with the aim of replacing our usual analysis with our live thoughts as things happened) but at the end of the race our recordings were accidentally deleted. Very disappointing.]
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

Kuwashima wrote:Hmmm.... nice idea! This is certainly something we might consider doing as a one-off.
For the Australian GP perhaps? But there would need to be some demand....

[Aside: We did actually "live record" our thoughts in bursts through the German GP for later use on the podcast (ie with the aim of replacing our usual analysis with our live thoughts as things happened) but at the end of the race our recordings were accidentally deleted. Very disappointing.]

I DEMAND IT.

There's your demand.
P_Friesacher

Post by P_Friesacher »

I like the idea, too. However I have to admit I probably wouldn't listen to it live, I'm just too much of a traditionalist. But a "Live Highlights Show" as part of the regular podcast - that sounds great!
TimmyB

Post by TimmyB »

I demand it too!

I'd listen for sure.
Especially as the Aus GP is going to be the second race in a momentous season of the return of mediocrity to Formula 1.
RejectSteve

Post by RejectSteve »

Great ideas all.
TimmyB wrote:I demand it too!

I'd listen for sure.
Especially as the Aus GP is going to be the second race in a momentous season of the return of mediocrity to Formula 1.

Is qualifying televised live in Australia? No mediocrity incapsulation could be complete without "live highlights" of Q1 in Bahrain?
Nissanymania! Friday has never been the same since.

The car in front is a Stefan.
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

I demand it too, although I think the Japanese GP would be more apt for a number of Kobayashi reasons...
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
captainhappy

Post by captainhappy »

Stuart wrote:Ladies and Gentlemen,

I thought how about Enoch and Jamie do a DVD style commentrary of a Grand Prix? Often me and my friends watch a GP together and chat and joke about what's going on. How brilliant would it be to have a live stream of the F1 Rejects guys discussing whats going on as well? Like a live Podcast race commentray? What about being able to email the guys live or Twitter them live?

.... are you staking out a tree fort near the Brangelina complex in france right now????

Stuey it's a good idea, but you know what they say about too much of a good thing. . . . . Oh, alright I confess! I googled the hell out of EYTL with intent of finding the address to send his family a Christmas present of Roary the racing car. Your stalker heart would be impressed by his photo publishing career!

Disclaimer: (this post heavily influenced by appletons jamaican rum)
I wake up in the morning and piss excellence
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

P_Friesacher wrote:I like the idea, too. However I have to admit I probably wouldn't listen to it live, I'm just too much of a traditionalist. But a "Live Highlights Show" as part of the regular podcast - that sounds great!

As I posted earlier, I would probably not remember to tune in live so this would be a brilliant compromise. If the guys are keen and willing to do it, I would love to listen the the edited (or even non-edited - the more the merrier!) highlights as a podcast, while watching again on the BBC iPlayer...!!!! :D
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Could work, so I agree too.
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

thehemogoblin wrote:I DEMAND IT.

There's your demand.

In economics, a "demand function" is a measure of "willingness to pay", which makes the whole deal extremely complex. :roll:
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Collieafc

Post by Collieafc »

I think it could work as a one off. However, knowing Sods law, the race Enoch and Jamie choose will unfortunately somehow turn out to be a procession (although if its being done after the race, that wouldnt be an issue)

I can hear it now... "Thats Piquet Jr a little in the way here, a little in the way there, hes in it due to his family, not his skills..."
DanielPT wrote:Life usually expires after 400 meters and always before reaching 2 laps or so. In essence, Life is short.
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

CarlosFerreira wrote:

There's your demand.

In economics, a "demand function" is a measure of "willingness to pay", which makes the whole deal extremely complex. :roll:

Ewwconomics.
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

thehemogoblin wrote:
CarlosFerreira wrote:

There's your demand.

Ewwconomics.

No. E-cow-nomics
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

AUSTRALIAN ECOWNOMICS
You have two cows
You promise to pay the Germans money to genetically modify your cows for you
Your cows start producing beer
You pay the Germans with cans of Fosters from the inferior cow
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by eytl »

captainhappy wrote:Oh, alright I confess! I googled the hell out of EYTL with intent of finding the address to send his family a Christmas present of Roary the racing car. Your stalker heart would be impressed by his photo publishing career!

:lol: Yes, I make a number of appearances on this internetty-thing in various contexts ...

And yes, I do have a burgeoning second hobby in photography, see the link below in my signature. There are some F1 and A1GP shots which some of you may like.

Plus I can exclusively reveal that, due to timezones, clashing commitments etc., we're looking at maybe doing Malaysia to record a live race coverage.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

eytl wrote:
captainhappy wrote:Oh, alright I confess! I googled the hell out of EYTL with intent of finding the address to send his family a Christmas present of Roary the racing car. Your stalker heart would be impressed by his photo publishing career!

:lol: Yes, I make a number of appearances on this internetty-thing in various contexts ...

And yes, I do have a burgeoning second hobby in photography, see the link below in my signature. There are some F1 and A1GP shots which some of you may like.

Plus I can exclusively reveal that, due to timezones, clashing commitments etc., we're looking at maybe doing Malaysia to record a live race coverage.

Typical...the only Grand Prix I won't be watching live :lol:

Image Image
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

eytl wrote:

Love the photos. And now I know who it is that features in your avatar photo. Hurrah!
MCard LOLA
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

dr-baker wrote:
eytl wrote:

Love the photos. And now I know who it is that features in your avatar photo. Hurrah!

I watched some months ago a video of a V8 Utes race at Surfers Paradise. It was the last laps, and everyone was bashing frantically one against the other, but it was a more hairy situation considering the lenght of the cars.
Bort

Post by Bort »

A youtube video after every four or so races with clips of rejectory with commentary would be pretty awesome.
Or just an end of season youtube video wrap-up with all the best bits in it.
TimmyB

Post by TimmyB »

Bort wrote:A youtube video after every four or so races with clips of rejectory with commentary would be pretty awesome.
Or just an end of season youtube video wrap-up with all the best bits in it.

Well it wouldn't be able to be actual F1 footage because FOM is extra diligent in getting rid of clips of recent F1 races.
Alianora La Canta

Post by Alianora La Canta »

This is true, but the F1 Rejects team could always re-create the incidents they're talking about after the fact using assorted objects in their houses (possibly even old F1 scale models) after they've decided which commentary items are the gems.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Alianora La Canta wrote:This is true, but the F1 Rejects team could always re-create the incidents they're talking about after the fact using assorted objects in their houses (possibly even old F1 scale models) after they've decided which commentary items are the gems.

Now THAT would be reject-worthy... is anybody keen to try it?
MCard LOLA
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

dr-baker wrote:
Alianora La Canta wrote:This is true, but the F1 Rejects team could always re-create the incidents they're talking about after the fact using assorted objects in their houses (possibly even old F1 scale models) after they've decided which commentary items are the gems.

Me..but I don't know where to send the resulting clips :lol:
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Phoenix wrote:
dr-baker wrote:

Me..but I don't know where to send the resulting clips :lol:

I would if I could... but I just wouldn't know where to start. Never posted a youtube clip or anything like that before in my life...
MCard LOLA
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

dr-baker wrote:I would if I could... but I just wouldn't know where to start. Never posted a youtube clip or anything like that before in my life...

Question is, do you have Hot Wheels cars you could use? :lol:
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Phoenix wrote:
dr-baker wrote:I would if I could... but I just wouldn't know where to start. Never posted a youtube clip or anything like that before in my life...

I have actual Hot Wheels™ F1 models, of the Ferrari F2001 and McLaren MP4-16 I once got with a McDonalds Happy Meal :lol:

Image Image
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

kostas22 wrote:
Phoenix wrote:

I have actual Hot Wheels™ F1 models, of the Ferrari F2001 and McLaren MP4-16 I once got with a McDonalds Happy Meal :lol:

Why did they never do this in America?? :(
Alianora La Canta

Now THAT would be reject-worthy... is anybody keen to try it? {dr-baker - 4 posts from bottom of page 1}

I have some very basic recording equipment and two 1:43 scale cars that I know aren't stuck to the display boxes they came in... ...the trouble is that both of them are Saubers (Frentzen 1995 and Fisichella 2004). Also, one of them is a Minichamps model and I have no idea what brand the other one is (I got it because it was the only model I could get with my spare change from lunch, not because of its quality). So unless the Saubers manage to crash into each other in a race, the results would be less than plausible. And even then it would probably be a stop-motion film rather than a true video (unless you don't mind very obvious video director's hands being visible)

But who cares? ;)

I'm not sure if last.fm would allow clips of liveried model cars on its site, otherwise I'd be happy to submit videos there (I have already started doing that with my very infrequently-produced podcasts). YouTube's contributer function is inaccessible to me because I can't even get a Google account due to its stupid set-up. My blog provider only allows 100MB of content (videos eat up space pretty quickly). So posting the results could be a problem... ...but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

How can you not get a Google account? It's not like you need a driver's license number or anything...
Waris

Post by Waris »

thehemogoblin wrote:How can you not get a Google account? It's not like you need a driver's license number or anything...

I wondered this too.
Also, on topic, I think GP reviews might be a bit too much for our good F1 Rejects creators to do, but a season review on DVD (like a bootleg of an actual season review DVD but with the commentary cut out and replaced by Enoch and Jamie's own) would be pretty epic to watch, I think.
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
Alianora La Canta

How can you not get a Google account? It's not like you need a driver's license number or anything... {thehemogoblin - 2 comments ago}

Because you need to be able to read a particularly difficult-to-read CAPTCHA and due to my disability I find it is impossible to read. No CAPTCHA, no account. Basically, Google thinks I'm a machine.

I can manage the simpler CAPTCHAs but not the more complicated ones - Yahoo! is an example of the former, Wordpress is an example of the latter and Blogger is borderline.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Alianora La Canta wrote:How can you not get a Google account? It's not like you need a driver's license number or anything... {thehemogoblin - 2 comments ago}

Because you need to be able to read a particularly difficult-to-read CAPTCHA and due to my disability I find it is impossible to read. No CAPTCHA, no account. Basically, Google thinks I'm a machine.

I can manage the simpler CAPTCHAs but not the more complicated ones - Yahoo! is an example of the former, Wordpress is an example of the latter and Blogger is borderline.

How the hell did you manage to sign up to F1 Rejects then?!
I had the same problem - couldn't read the CAPTCHA codes AT ALL and needed Jamie to sort it out for me...which I think has caused the increased levels of spamming over the past few months :oops:

Image Image
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Alianora La Canta wrote:How can you not get a Google account? It's not like you need a driver's license number or anything... {thehemogoblin - 2 comments ago}

And still you're a training library and a keen reader and blogger. Thumbs up.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
P_Friesacher

Post by P_Friesacher »

When did you last try to create a Google Account? Because Google now seems to have a sound CAPTCHA, which you can unse instead of the text version. I just tried it, and find it rather hard to understand, but perhaps this helps you?
Alianora La Canta

How the hell did you manage to sign up to F1 Rejects then?! {kostas22 - 3 posts ago}

It took three attempts, but F1 Rejects has an easier CAPTCHA for me to read than quite a few other places (there are quite a few that are easier, though).