Andrea Moda Documentary

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Andrea Moda Documentary

Post by Wallio »

Forgive me if this has been mentioned on here (but I didn't see a post so I doubt it) but lost in the Disnification of the Brawn GP story is the fact that there is an independent Italian Andra Moda documentary!

https://vimeo.com/ondemand/andreamoda

The-Race did a review of it, and after listening, I'm hyped, and after watching the trailer, doubly so. Sassetti himself is the main interview, at long last! I know paying for videos is a dicey subject online, but I encourage you to view it at that link (if you can afford to) as the creators are attempting to recoup the costs of licensing they paid to FOM.
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Andrea Moda Documentary

Post by Wallio »

I watched part 1 last night. Gives great backstory to the Sasetti and the shoe company, and talks about Andrea buying Coloni through to Spain. Ends with the intros of McCarthy and Moreno.

A few takeaways: (Minor spoilers)

Nigel Mansell can't pronounce Andrea Moda
I forgot they ran (as Andra Moda) in 1991 at the Bologna Motor Show match races and won! (A round)
Sassetti bought a running Coloni car years before buying the team.
He still has all the Simtek drawings, and a bunch of parts in a storage unit.
The mechanics were local guys and volunteers, although they did get free admission to Sasetti's strip club.
Alex Cffi is hilarious.
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

I've been waiting to catch this one since it got announced! The price of it means I'm waiting to make it a Christmas treat, but all I've heard tells me it's a fantastic watch. Can't wait.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Jarvis

Post by Jarvis »

A beautiful documentary made from the heart where we discover an incredible period of F1, and Sassetti was truly a great character!
My F1 Favorites: Fav Track | Fav Driver | Fav App
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA