2023 IIDOTY

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
dr-baker

2023 IIDOTY

Post by dr-baker »

Driver: Fernando Alonso for finishing 4th in WDC

Team: Williams for their 7th in the WCC
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
rachel1990

Re: 2023 IIDOTY

Post by rachel1990 »

I would go for Williams as a whole- James Vowles has done wonders at that team and Barring Logan they have been pretty amazing tbh- Albon is another who escaped the Red Bull clutches and is now thought of as a top driver.

Bet Nyck wished he stayed at Williams instead.
Benetton of 1992. Never a reject
IceG

Post by IceG »

Really pleased to see Williams emerge from the mess of the past few years.

A proper focussed F1 only team with a long and distinguished heritage adds class to the sport. They are not there to sell fizzy drinks or cars or whatever, they are there to compete and achieve the best they can. The patience shown to Sargeant (who is clearly underperforming and making more rookie mistakes in a session than Red Bull would tolerate in a season) is remarkable. And the team environment has allowed Albon to demonstrate why Red Bull need to discover some tolerance and patience.

But, for me, the best aspect is James Vowles. His insightful, calm and balanced answers to the good and bad questions with which he is presented during the pitwall interviews show him to be a consumate professional with a great future. Just a shame that it might be replacing Toto rather than leading Williams back to the front of the grid.

I do not have favourite teams or drivers but, for me, Williams this year rejoined Mclaren as the kind of teams we want in F1 - independent and engineering led with distinct non-corporate identities.
RAK

Post by RAK »

Liam Lawson would have to be my driver pick. He didn't get much time in the car, but he came in and impressed quickly while balancing things with a decent Super Formula season.
Predicament Predictions Champion, 2011, 2018, 2019

They weren't the world's most competent team,
In fact, to be believed, their results must be seen,
Lola,
M-Mastercard Lola,
L, O, L, A, Lola!
Batty

Post by Batty »

My Top 3:

3. Williams - A great step forwards. Their best result in a long time. Vowles has done a great job and Albon has been amazing. Logan has been good in flashes but I think he will be given a chance and then I back him to do better next season

2. Piastri - There was a lot of hype about him going into the season with him winning everything and the situation between him and Alpine but he delivered. There were times that he just wasn't as good as others around him but that was probably due to being a rookie. Plus sprint race or not, he was the last rookie to win an F1 race since Lewis Hamilton. That's no mean feat.

1. McLaren - Here me out. At pre-season McLaren looked really bad despite how good Norris and Piastri are. However, they did an amazing job to end up being competition to Red Bull in some races. They finished P4 in the WCC despite them being pure shite at the start of the season. Shows great leadership, great work, and how good the drivers are especially Lando Norris.