Your Reject of the Race - India!

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
fjackdaw

Re: Your Reject of the Race - India!

Post by fjackdaw »

Captain Hammer wrote:What did Petrov do that was Rejectful? He out-qualified Senna (before his penalty was applied - and if he had made it into Q3, he could have started ahead of Senna even after the penalty was applied), and he finished in front of Senna.

Nothing at all, I wasn't suggesting Petrov should have been reject of the race - just that your love of Petrov is as obvious as Saward's love of Liuzzi, and you seem to have had it in for his team mate all weekend. It just seems weird... Senna wasn't *that* bad, and he certainly wasn't the worst in Q1, but you've spent a lot of energy trumpeting how much worse than the driver in your avatar he was. It reads like a common or garden bias vendetta.

You nominated Senna at least once during the weekend in both of the previous two RotR threads too.
mario

Post by mario »

fjackdaw wrote:
Captain Hammer wrote:What did Petrov do that was Rejectful? He out-qualified Senna (before his penalty was applied - and if he had made it into Q3, he could have started ahead of Senna even after the penalty was applied), and he finished in front of Senna.

Nothing at all, I wasn't suggesting Petrov should have been reject of the race - just that your love of Petrov is as obvious as Saward's love of Liuzzi, and you seem to have had it in for his team mate all weekend. It just seems weird... Senna wasn't *that* bad, and he certainly wasn't the worst in Q1, but you've spent a lot of energy trumpeting how much worse than the driver in your avatar he was. It reads like a common or garden bias vendetta.

You nominated Senna at least once during the weekend in both of the previous two RotR threads too.

Especially given that he was nominating Bruno Senna before the first practise session had even finished, making it hard to escape the conclusion that he was looking to nominate him and then find an reason afterwards.

After all, the first practise sessions at newer tracks are often misleading, given that Alguersuari had a pretty rough time in the practise sessions only to perform very strongly in the race itself, such that most voted him the IIDOTR (and Buemi was also performing fairly well too before he had to retire).
As for the race itself, Bruno's problem was that Renault put him on the strategy that most teams were planning to use before the race began - to pit within a couple of laps from the end of the race to put the hard tyres on - but it became clear after Massa, Webber and Alonso put their hard tyres on that the hard tyres were actually performing better than expected, yet Renault stuck to their original plans.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
F1000X

Post by F1000X »

I would like to nominate the surprise blizzard that left me without electricity, heat, and most importantly F1 coverage from Saturday afternoon until Tuesday evening.

I finally saw the race last night, and I've got to hand it to disappointing teammates: Massa for having the worst weekend he could manage to have, Hamilton (sorry buddy) for the grid spot penalty, the lack of performance compared to Button, and managing to yet again give his favorite driver another love tap, Trulli for being Trulli.
"Sebastian Bourdais- he once was a champ, but now he's a chump." -Will Power
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

fjackdaw wrote:

I agree with this 100%. True, Senna hasn't done any wonders since joining Renault, but the cars been an absolute dog since midway point.

Continually voting against Senna whilst trying desperatly to say Petrov deserves everything isnothing short of embarassing. I'm a massive Sutil fan, but still admit when he's been poor/out performed/ generally crap, whilst you clearly think Petrov lives on the highest cloud in the sky.

And let's be honest, Petrov really isn't all that...
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

AdrianSutil wrote:And let's be honest, Petrov really isn't all that...

Meh, he's decent enough on his day.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

redbulljack14 wrote:

He's this generation's Pedro Diniz.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:
redbulljack14 wrote:

This.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

tommykl wrote:

This.

Thirded (that kinda makes him awesome)
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

redbulljack14 wrote:

I'd take him over Sutil or Hulkenberg because I think he's a better racer than both of them.
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Cynon wrote:
redbulljack14 wrote:

I'd take him over Sutil or Hulkenberg because I think he's a better racer than both of them.

Hulkenberg yes, Sutil no. Sutil gets the job done.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Peter

Post by Peter »

AdrianSutil wrote:
Cynon wrote:
redbulljack14 wrote:

Hulkenberg yes, Sutil no. Sutil gets the job done.

This.

If it weren't for his nightclub antics, he'd be first in line for a Renault seat. Then again, considering how poorly Renault are doing now, he obviously wouldn't take it.

As for Nico, he made his rookie mistakes in the first half of the season, but in the second half was matching Rubens, and even a bit faster. Not being biased, but his pace seems to be a step ahead of Vitaly.
"The FIA's implementation of penalties is about as effective as that of the English football team."
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Peter wrote:
AdrianSutil wrote:Hulkenberg yes, Sutil no. Sutil gets the job done.

This.

If it weren't for his nightclub antics, he'd be first in line for a Renault seat. Then again, considering how poorly Renault are doing now, he obviously wouldn't take it.

I don't think so, given that Renault already has Petrov under contract for next year, with Kubica in line to return, and Senna and Grosjean there if (God forbid) he can't come back. Sutil's alright, he's a solid driver, and he's gotten that Force India into places it shouldn't, but it really comes down to who you want in a driver. If you want a young charger, Petrov's a no-brainer, but if you want a Nick Heidfeld who can actually pull something out of the bag, then Sutil's your man. Actually, now that I think about it, Petrov-Sutil would not be that bad of a lineup...

Peter wrote:As for Nico, he made his rookie mistakes in the first half of the season, but in the second half was matching Rubens, and even a bit faster. Not being biased, but his pace seems to be a step ahead of Vitaly.

Wow, Hulkenberg matched Barrichello. The guy Maldonado is beating this year. Pastor bathplugging Maldonado. Plus, Petrov managed to match the driver of the year a couple of times last year, and he has become less crash-prone since he started as well. Personally, given Hulkenberg's time out, even though he has practiced for Force India, I'd say Petrov would beat him in equal cars.
Everything's great.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Peter wrote:As for Nico, he made his rookie mistakes in the first half of the season, but in the second half was matching Rubens, and even a bit faster. Not being biased, but his pace seems to be a step ahead of Vitaly.

Wow, Hulkenberg matched Barrichello. The guy Maldonado is beating this year. Pastor bathplugging Maldonado. Plus, Petrov managed to match the driver of the year a couple of times last year, and he has become less crash-prone since he started as well. Personally, given Hulkenberg's time out, even though he has practiced for Force India, I'd say Petrov would beat him in equal cars.

The problem with Nico is that his current career situation is entirely self-induced. He failed to impress 75% of the time at Williams and he didn't want to go out and look for sponsors.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Peter

Post by Peter »

Well, Rubens was a lot more competitive last year. He's a whole different person now. Factor in 1 more year and the massive demotivation he must have now because of how bad the car is, with little to no hope of improving for them for now, and you get a Rubens whose just cruising along. On the other hand, Pastor is young (relatively), and so has a lot of fire within him,so will feel more obligated to find that little extra, hang it out and take risks, and in the end, if things do come together, be faster than poor old Rubens.
"The FIA's implementation of penalties is about as effective as that of the English football team."
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Precisely, it's a different Rubens.

He was fighting for regular points last year, so he would race a lot harder.

This year, he's thinking, what's the point? And who can blame him?
I like the way Snrub thinks!
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Peter wrote:Well, Rubens was a lot more competitive last year. He's a whole different person now. Factor in 1 more year and the massive demotivation he must have now because of how bad the car is, with little to no hope of improving for them for now, and you get a Rubens whose just cruising along. On the other hand, Pastor is young (relatively), and so has a lot of fire within him,so will feel more obligated to find that little extra, hang it out and take risks, and in the end, if things do come together, be faster than poor old Rubens.

Regardless, Barrichello even in his prime was not on the same level as Kubica was last year. He was quite good, but it was the same guy who could barely do anything in the Brawn when it was at its most dominant.
Everything's great.
fjackdaw

Post by fjackdaw »

Peter wrote:Well, Rubens was a lot more competitive last year. He's a whole different person now. Factor in 1 more year and the massive demotivation he must have now because of how bad the car is, with little to no hope of improving for them for now, and you get a Rubens whose just cruising along. On the other hand, Pastor is young (relatively), and so has a lot of fire within him,so will feel more obligated to find that little extra, hang it out and take risks, and in the end, if things do come together, be faster than poor old Rubens.

Regardless, Barrichello even in his prime was not on the same level as Kubica was last year. He was quite good, but it was the same guy who could barely do anything in the Brawn when it was at its most dominant.

He won races, which is more than Mark has managed this year!
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

fjackdaw wrote:

He won races, which is more than Mark has managed this year!

Pretty sure that Rubens at least had a chance to be Button's equal on more than one occasion. Don't think Webber's had that opportunity since last year.
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

I do feel sorry for Rubens. No top-class driver deserves the season he's having. And my opinion on Maldonado is slowly, very slowly, changing. Since his first point in Belgium, he's looked a lot better. If he does get his Williams seat for next year, dare I say it? His sponsorship wouldn't be the only reason for him staying, there's a little bit of skill and determination too.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

AdrianSutil wrote:I do feel sorry for Rubens. No top-class driver deserves the season he's having. And my opinion on Maldonado is slowly, very slowly, changing. Since his first point in Belgium, he's looked a lot better. If he does get his Williams seat for next year, dare I say it? His sponsorship wouldn't be the only reason for him staying, there's a little bit of skill and determination too.

I agree, the Reverend has improved greatly over throughout the season and if Lewis hadn't punted him off the road at Monaco, he would be beating Barry on points. (If I remember correctly, Maldonado was running seventh.)
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

tristan1117 wrote:
AdrianSutil wrote:I do feel sorry for Rubens. No top-class driver deserves the season he's having. And my opinion on Maldonado is slowly, very slowly, changing. Since his first point in Belgium, he's looked a lot better. If he does get his Williams seat for next year, dare I say it? His sponsorship wouldn't be the only reason for him staying, there's a little bit of skill and determination too.

I agree, the Reverend has improved greatly over throughout the season and if Lewis hadn't punted him off the road at Monaco, he would be beating Barry on points. (If I remember correctly, Maldonado was running seventh.)

Sixth. Yes, the Reverend was about to take one step towards unrejectification before everyone's favourite driver punted him off the road. :roll:
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.