Ron Tauranac Interview

The place for respectful and reverent discussion of Reject drivers and teams, whether profiled or not as yet
minrdi

Ron Tauranac Interview

Post by minrdi »

Hi F1 Rejects readers!

The RichardsF1.com team has successfully secured an interview with Ron Tauranac, esteemed designer for the likes of Brabham (which he briefly owned), Trojan, Theodore etc, as well as founder of the famous Ralt chassis-building group.

I'd like to ask for your suggestions as to some of the questions to ask him in the interview, so if you could include these in your replies I would be very grateful!

We also have interviews with Caterham F1 protege Alexander Rossi due to be published, and there is also an upcoming one with F1 Reject Raul Boesel! Both will be published in the next month or so.

To check out our full library of motorsport interviews, click here: http://bit.ly/gM7Ma0
"The advantage of jumping the start is that you can get away a lot quicker." - Murray Walker

Editor, Richard's F1
Visit my F1 website at http://richardsf1.com
Exclusive news, reviews and interviews for F1, IndyCar, V8 Supercars and the WTCC
dinizintheoven

Re: Ron Tauranac Interview

Post by dinizintheoven »

Ye gods. I thought Ron Tauranac was dead. This should make interesting reading...

On reflection, I was probably thinking of someone else associated with Brabham, but Sir Jack and the money-grabbing scarecrow are both definitely still with us.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
eagleash

Post by eagleash »

dinizintheoven wrote:
On reflection, I was probably thinking of someone else associated with Brabham, but Sir Jack and the money-grabbing scarecrow are both definitely still with us.

Well it's not Charlie Whiting, Ron Dennis, John Judd, "Herbie" Blash or Gordon Murray. :)

Denny Hulme?
DemocalypseNow wrote: when eagleash of all people says you've gone too far about something you just know that's when to apply the brakes and do a U-turn.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

dinizintheoven wrote:Ye gods. I thought Ron Tauranac was dead. This should make interesting reading...

Bernie?
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
eagleash

Post by eagleash »

eurobrun wrote:
dinizintheoven wrote:Ye gods. I thought Ron Tauranac was dead. This should make interesting reading...

Bernie?

Well done :!: :o :roll:
DemocalypseNow wrote: when eagleash of all people says you've gone too far about something you just know that's when to apply the brakes and do a U-turn.