The Ali Dia Football/Soccer Thread

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: The Ian Holloway Football Thread

Post by FullMetalJack »

kostas22 wrote:Caldwell is average, but at least he isn't ridiculously error prone like his brother Gary. Murphy is a decent player but not EPL class. Burke plays big in a small league and fails at the top level, because he's not got class, only form. Darren Ambrose had one good season at Crystal Palace and then faded into obscurity again as usual. Zigic and Lovenkrands is an absolutely terrible front duo, they're no good with their feet. Davies and Elliott I won't comment on because I don't know them. Carr is the only rock solid player in that lineup, and Butland and Redmond are the only ones with serious potential. Also, Jonathan Spector is woefully under-utilised at the club because he always plays in bad positions. Playing him at CM was a joke, he should play DM to properly utilise his skills. But, of course, no formation the team plays has such a role for him.

In the Championship that lineup may do fine, but if you get to the EPL and expect that to be good enough, the results won't be pretty...

If that team played any EPL side it would get torn to shreds. Also, it's a slight double standard you criticise Alex McLeish so often, yet Zigic, Burke, Caldwell and Murphy were all brought in under him. I think the Villa/City rivalry is clouding your judgement somewhat...

To be fair to McLeish, he does sign good players, Ben Foster for example, plus loan signings such as Alexander Hleb, Obafemi Martins and of course Joe Hart. But with the exception of goalkeepers he can't utilise players properly to save his life thanks to his horrendous tactics.

However, the Villa/City rivalry is not clouding my judgement. He relegated us in 2007/08, when he took over earlier in that season, we really shouldn't have gone down. And he relegated us in 2010/11 despite winning the cup. McLeish used to play for draws every game, and it cost us as we didn't win enough games, especially in 2007/08. Also, a lot of the time, he insisted on playing Cameron Jerome on his own upfront, despite him being useless virtually all the time, other than one amazing goal against Liverpool. Fair enough, in the 2009/10 season, we had the longest unbeaten run, but that was basically thanks to Joe Hart.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

kostas22 wrote:The reason I don't like the EPL is their traditional approach to football. It's why England never win anything at the world stage, their tactical approach is out of date and lacks fluidity. Why won't anyone play a 4-2-3-1? I love this formation, if were a football manager I'd stick to it religiously. A DM paired with a deep lying playmaker, an offensive and defensive full back, a free roaming attacking trio, a trequartista flanked by two players who can switch sides and still play just as well as their normal side, and a devastating finisher up front. Not some boring as shite 4-4-2 nonsense.

Despite not particularly liking Liverpool, I want them to do rather well under Brendan Rodgers because he's able to change the way English football works. If Liverpool get into the Champions' League, other clubs might take a leaf out of their book because Rodgers always plays fluid football. If Laudrup keeps Swansea playing the same, they could do a job too.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

BaconLettuceNinja wrote:
kostas22 wrote:The reason I don't like the EPL is their traditional approach to football. It's why England never win anything at the world stage, their tactical approach is out of date and lacks fluidity. Why won't anyone play a 4-2-3-1? I love this formation, if were a football manager I'd stick to it religiously. A DM paired with a deep lying playmaker, an offensive and defensive full back, a free roaming attacking trio, a trequartista flanked by two players who can switch sides and still play just as well as their normal side, and a devastating finisher up front. Not some boring as shite 4-4-2 nonsense.

Despite not particularly liking Liverpool, I want them to do rather well under Brendan Rodgers because he's able to change the way English football works. If Liverpool get into the Champions' League, other clubs might take a leaf out of their book because Rodgers always plays fluid football. If Laudrup keeps Swansea playing the same, they could do a job too.

The stupidity of it is, one season earlier, Liverpool blew a nine figure sum on crap players who don't fit the kind of system Rodgers wants to play. Downing, Carroll, they're all complete trash. They need better wingers than people running hopelessly down the line like headless chickens.

If they can bring in someone like Jakub Blaszczykowski, they'll have a great attacking trio. Something like Suarez-Borini-Blaszczykowski. With Lucas Leiva back to full fitness in midfield that will also help revitalise the team.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Ataxia
Not Important

Re: The Ali Dia Football/Soccer Thread

Post by Ataxia »

Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

BaconLettuceNinja wrote:In other (bad) news: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18958234

I blame 'arry for spending all their money.

Image Image
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

I blame Gaydamak as he stripped Pompey of their assets and still claims around £30M as a creditor.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

BaconLettuceNinja wrote:I blame Gaydamak as he stripped Pompey of their assets and still claims around £30M as a creditor.

Auw. I can't blame wheeler dealer 'arry for nuffink :(

Image Image
Whis

Post by Whis »

kostas22 wrote:But those are PSG prices. PSG prices are not market prices. Paris buys players for stupidly inflated values. By PSG prices, Milos Krasic is worth 30M, Eljero Elia is worth 15M, Andrea Caracciolo is worth 5M and Amauri would be paid the 100K a week wage he got at Juve. No Italian team has any money, apart from Juve, who must have robbed a bank to purchase all the players they did so far. Wouldn't surprise me if Moggi was giving Marotta some guidance as to how to defraud some people out of money so he can spend it in the mercato.

And the fact Gargano is backup to Perez at NT level doesn't prove anything. I think Maradona leaving Zanetti at home for the 2010 World Cup is proof of that. What a freaking idiot Maradona is Image

As for Zeman, he's a hero at Inter for his anti-Juve stance. “How many titles do Juve have? I count 22 or 23…Everyone can put whatever they want, even I could deserve a couple of stars. Juventus fans feel this way, I would say of their Scudetti I would count 22, maybe 23.”

It would be great to have him coach Inter and kick gobbi arse in the Derby d'Italia on the way to the Scudetto Image

maybe Juventus it's relying on loans made mortgaging the stadium :lol:

anyway, we don't agree again. Diego Perez it's better than Gargano IMHO :mrgreen:

imagine if Zeman wins the title with Roma... :lol: lots of juventus cry-babies will be moaning for years to come :lol:

EDIT: i just read an interview of our chairman, that says that Gaston Ramirez will be sold just for a foreign offer... i think it's desperately trying to lure someone :roll:
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Whis wrote:imagine if Zeman wins the title with Roma... :lol: lots of juventus cry-babies will be moaning for years to come :lol:

If Inter can't win the Scudetto next year, this is what I will hope for. Totti scoring a hattrick against gobbi. Also, Ogbonna in defense for Roma would be nice because he also hates Juventus :P

Although obviously I'd prefer Ogbonna to stay put and lead Il Toro's defensive line :D

Image Image
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

kostas22 wrote:Auw. I can't blame wheeler dealer 'arry for nuffink :(

I think you still can, to be quite honest. Did he sign Ben Haim? 36k a week for that idiot is a joke. I hope we didn't pay him anywhere near that when he stank up our pitch for a bit on loan.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Inter just finished another pre-season friendly. 3-2 win to Como.

We won? Don't care. We conceded two goals to FREAKING COMO. THEY'RE THREE DIVISIONS BELOW US!!!

Whis, you will be happy, because, Mudingayi was the best player on the field. He was subbed after 60 minutes for Cambiasso...and then we fell apart completely. Image

Image Image
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

kostas22 wrote:Inter just finished another pre-season friendly. 3-2 win to Como.

We won? Don't care. We conceded two goals to FREAKING COMO. THEY'RE THREE DIVISIONS BELOW US!!!

Whis, you will be happy, because, Mudingayi was the best player on the field. He was subbed after 60 minutes for Cambiasso...and then we fell apart completely. Image

Weren't Como in Serie A a few years back.

Also, Birmingham only beat Shrewsbury 2-1, although they're only one division below us, and we're playing a substantially less than full strength squad.
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

Red Bull Salzburg were knocked out by a Luxembourgish team F91 Dudelange in UEFA Champions League qualification. F91 Dudelange won first match at home 1-0 and then scored three away goals in the second while losing 3-4. Therefore, a real surprise had happened.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

redbulljack14 wrote:
kostas22 wrote:Inter just finished another pre-season friendly. 3-2 win to Como.

About a decade ago. God knows how they even reached Serie A, back then they will still total garbage. A few years after they had no money and went into liquidation. How Enrico Preziosi is allowed to be chairman of Genoa I have no idea, he basically screwed Como out of all their assests by stealing them and transferring them to Genoa. But CONI kept saving his ass every time he screwed up, whether with the Como-Genoa debacle, the Genoa-Venezia match fixing, Bilanciopoli, and a bunch of other random fines. The last one was May this year, for suspicious transfers AGAIN. I bet we find out in a few months that he also did something illegal in the Destro transfer and he gets yet another fine Image

Bleu wrote:Red Bull Salzburg were knocked out by a Luxembourgish team F91 Dudelange in UEFA Champions League qualification. F91 Dudelange won first match at home 1-0 and then scored three away goals in the second while losing 3-4. Therefore, a real surprise had happened.

Speaking of European upsets, FC Inter Turku of the aforementioned Finnish city take on Dutch giants (well, giants compare to Inter Turku) FC Twente, who won the Eredivise three seasons ago under Steve McLaren, and then runner up again two seasons ago. Inter drew 1-1 in Twente, so head home with away goals advantage. A 0-0 draw would see them eliminate a much bigger team.

I guess Inter Turku will become my team in Finland, because the Inter in Turku is named as such because the chairman is a fan of the Italian club, and named the club after Inter Milan. Their home strip is blue and black too! Their Argentine forward Maxi Asis even had spells playing for FC Porto and Boca Juniors, and his French strike partner was formerly at Olympique Marseille :D

Image Image
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Bleu wrote:Red Bull Salzburg were knocked out by a Luxembourgish team F91 Dudelange in UEFA Champions League qualification. F91 Dudelange won first match at home 1-0 and then scored three away goals in the second while losing 3-4. Therefore, a real surprise had happened.

Ah Luxemburg, the country that shouldn't be independent but a part of Belgium, which it actually was for 9 years :x
But that was a nice surprise indeed, i also noticed Dudelange isn't even in the top 10 of biggest stadiums in Luxemburg, shows you how rich that club must be...
Would be great if they'd actually manage to reach the group stage and see some top teams get embarrassed.

Now actually, i think that team would be top 10 in belgian second division, the Luxemburgish league isn't as hopeless as their national team make them look. The main problem is that none of these teams has a decent fanbase, because they're all from pretty small towns, which means a lack of top teams who can grow bigger than the competition. It's just commercially worthless. However, making a team from Luxembourg city and get them in the Belgian league (like Monaco does in the French league) would work just fine. They could get the whole country + the whole province of Belgian Luxemburg, which is a potential fanbase of around a million people...
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

This wrote:

Ah Luxemburg, the country that shouldn't be independent but a part of Belgium, which it actually was for 9 years :x
But that was a nice surprise indeed, i also noticed Dudelange isn't even in the top 10 of biggest stadiums in Luxemburg, shows you how rich that club must be...
Would be great if they'd actually manage to reach the group stage and see some top teams get embarrassed.

Now actually, i think that team would be top 10 in belgian second division, the Luxemburgish league isn't as hopeless as their national team make them look. The main problem is that none of these teams has a decent fanbase, because they're all from pretty small towns, which means a lack of top teams who can grow bigger than the competition. It's just commercially worthless. However, making a team from Luxembourg city and get them in the Belgian league (like Monaco does in the French league) would work just fine. They could get the whole country + the whole province of Belgian Luxemburg, which is a potential fanbase of around a million people...

All they need now is eleven Louis Pilot's... :roll:

Image Image
Whis

Post by Whis »

hehe 8-)

don't be too much worried though... the Italian national team that arrived second at USA 1994 lost in the last friendly before the world cup lost 2-1 to a semi-professional team here in italy (Pontedera) :D
Whis

Post by Whis »

kostas22 wrote:
redbulljack14 wrote:

About a decade ago. God knows how they even reached Serie A, back then they will still total garbage. A few years after they had no money and went into liquidation. How Enrico Preziosi is allowed to be chairman of Genoa I have no idea, he basically screwed Como out of all their assests by stealing them and transferring them to Genoa. But CONI kept saving his ass every time he screwed up, whether with the Como-Genoa debacle, the Genoa-Venezia match fixing, Bilanciopoli, and a bunch of other random fines. The last one was May this year, for suspicious transfers AGAIN. I bet we find out in a few months that he also did something illegal in the Destro transfer and he gets yet another fine Image

He was officialy banned from doing the chairman for 5 years, but in fact is just a formal ban, because it's still the boss.

Speaking of European upsets, FC Inter Turku of the aforementioned Finnish city take on Dutch giants (well, giants compare to Inter Turku) FC Twente, who won the Eredivise three seasons ago under Steve McLaren, and then runner up again two seasons ago. Inter drew 1-1 in Twente, so head home with away goals advantage. A 0-0 draw would see them eliminate a much bigger team.

I guess Inter Turku will become my team in Finland, because the Inter in Turku is named as such because the chairman is a fan of the Italian club, and named the club after Inter Milan. Their home strip is blue and black too! Their Argentine forward Maxi Asis even had spells playing for FC Porto and Boca Juniors, and his French strike partner was formerly at Olympique Marseille :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Chn6Hk75HFc

'nuff said. it's like you have Deletraz that beats a Ferrari... (maybe one of the early '90s... :lol: )
Whis

Post by Whis »

This wrote:

just like the Swiss league that incorporates team from Lichtenstein?
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

This wrote:

Ah Luxemburg, the country that shouldn't be independent but a part of Belgium.

Questionable independence never stopped England/Scotland/Wales/NIreland taking part as separate nations. Same too for Faero Islands/Norway. Israel/Palestine is a whole different can of worms to boot!
Message me on Discord.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Shadaza wrote:
This wrote:

Ah Luxemburg, the country that shouldn't be independent but a part of Belgium.

Questionable independence never stopped England/Scotland/Wales/NIreland taking part as separate nations. Same too for Faero Islands/Norway. Israel/Palestine is a whole different can of worms to boot!

It's just that Luxemburg never really wanted to be independent, but the big european countries needed something neutral between france and germany. I even think Luxemburgians wouldn't mind being part of Belgium. They even used the Belgian Franc before the euro existed, so that tells you how independent Luxemburg really was. Their only current reason of existence is the low taxes, similar to the other dwarf states, in fact, the main reason it exists is because Belgians actually benefits from Luxemburgs independence.
Luxemburg is cool, but überbelgian.

just like the Swiss league that incorporates team from Lichtenstein?

Not really, as Liechtenstein doesn't have their own competition (only a cup), and their teams have no choice but competing in either Switzerland or Austria.
More like San Marino Calcio in the italian league system, who actually could compete in the San Marinese league, but don't.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Whis wrote:
kostas22 wrote:Speaking of European upsets, FC Inter Turku of the aforementioned Finnish city take on Dutch giants (well, giants compare to Inter Turku) FC Twente, who won the Eredivise three seasons ago under Steve McLaren, and then runner up again two seasons ago. Inter drew 1-1 in Twente, so head home with away goals advantage. A 0-0 draw would see them eliminate a much bigger team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Chn6Hk75HFc

'nuff said. it's like you have Deletraz that beats a Ferrari... (maybe one of the early '90s... :lol: )

Please never post this here again...I already know, don't need reminded of it... :|

Image Image
David AGS

Post by David AGS »

Arsenal's second pre season game, won 2-1 over a Malaysian 11!

Man City next!

Hope we sell RVP ASAP! I hate writing this part.
Miserable Thierry (Boutsen) staggers round mostly on ten cylinders (out of 12) with no clutch, low oil pressure, bad brakes and no grip to finish tenth, 3 laps down...

(Murray Walkers review of Boutsen's Brazil 1991 race).

Thats a point these days!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

David AGS wrote:Hope we sell RVP ASAP! I hate writing this part.

If Arsenal sell him to Gobbi I will despise your club forever :x

Image Image
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

I really hope that Wenger sells him to anyone BUT Man City and scumbag united. Maybe PSG will put in a bid....
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

pasta_maldonado wrote:

I really hope that Wenger sells him to anyone BUT Man City and scumbag united. Maybe PSG will put in a bid....

They're completely stacked in that department...Ibra as CF, Gameiro his backup, Horaru third choice. Or, if he was to play a second striker/AM role like for the Dutch team, they already have Pastore and Nene. If they are going to spend big yet again it will be for a right back as Jallet is a tad mediocre. So, Leonardo, seeing as you're hellbent on raiding Serie A this year, mind doing Inter a favour and buying Maicon for 20M? ;)

Speaking of EPL, apparently Newcastle are starting negotiations with Marseille for Loic Remy. This may mean they've given up hope of retaining Demba Ba. But still, Cisse-Remy up front would be the most formidable front pairing in the whole league. They're both good enough to rack up 50+ goals between them in all competitions. If they can bring in Afellay as another winger to compliment Ben Arfa plus a starting CB (Yanga-Mbiwa comes to mind), they will have one hell of a team for next season.

Image Image
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

pasta_maldonado wrote:

I'd rather see Man City give this guy a go...he looks pretty good.
David AGS

Post by David AGS »

I probably wrote this wrong. I dont want RVP to leave, but if he dont want to stay and he has made it clear he doesnt, well, its not worth him hanging around.

IMO, Wenger knew, hence the signings of Giroud and Podolski.

I hope RVP does a 180 U Turn and signs at the dotted line, but loyalty is over. Its peed me off, started as a raw kid, transfer listed from Feyenoord(?), then had alleged rape charges, got sent off frequently, injured for many many games and still on big wages. He then plays one binder of the season and wants out.

I have more respect for those battlers now, in lower divisions who stay, or those slightly bigger teams always fighting in relegation.

Fair to say from an Arsenal point of view, the days of 'Pringles' Seaman, Adams, Keown, Winterburn, Bergkamp and others spending 10+ years or so playing well week in and out are over. Yes, we enjoyed it, and yes we had success, but the drought must be broken soon!
Miserable Thierry (Boutsen) staggers round mostly on ten cylinders (out of 12) with no clutch, low oil pressure, bad brakes and no grip to finish tenth, 3 laps down...

(Murray Walkers review of Boutsen's Brazil 1991 race).

Thats a point these days!
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

David AGS wrote:I probably wrote this wrong. I dont want RVP to leave, but if he dont want to stay and he has made it clear he doesnt, well, its not worth him hanging around.

I hope RVP does a 180 U Turn and signs at the dotted line, but loyalty is over. Its peed me off, started as a raw kid, transfer listed from Feyenoord(?), then had alleged rape charges, got sent off frequently, injured for many many games and still on big wages. He then plays one binder of the season and wants out.

I have more respect for those battlers now, in lower divisions who stay, or those slightly bigger teams always fighting in relegation.

Fair to say from an Arsenal point of view, the days of 'Pringles' Seaman, Adams, Keown, Winterburn, Bergkamp and others spending 10+ years or so playing well week in and out are over. Yes, we enjoyed it, and yes we had success, but the drought must be broken soon!

Sun Sport claims Wenger is going after Malaga winger Santi Cazorla and Rennes midfielder M'Villa
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
David AGS wrote:I probably wrote this wrong. I dont want RVP to leave, but if he dont want to stay and he has made it clear he doesnt, well, its not worth him hanging around.

Sun Sport claims Wenger is going after Malaga winger Santi Cazorla and Rennes midfielder M'Villa

Yeah, cause The Sun is so very reliable as a news source :roll:

M'Vila is priced too highly by Rennes. If they don't lower his price the only place he can end up is PSG or Anzhi.

Image Image
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Rumours about M'Villa are nothing new. I've been hearing about it since March.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

kostas22 wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:

Yeah, cause The Sun is so very reliable as a news source :roll:

M'Vila is priced too highly by Rennes. If they don't lower his price the only place he can end up is PSG or Anzhi.

SunSport's authenticity is miles better than the rest of the paper :) Still, I'm not trusting it, hence the use of the word 'claims' :P
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

AdrianSutil wrote:Rumours about M'Villa are nothing new. I've been hearing about it since March.

Ditto for Inter. But he costs money we don't really have. Plus, there are better buys for less money out there. Such as Nuri Sahin. Rumour is Maicon will go to Real Madrid for 7M + season loan of Sahin with 13M buyout clause for the end of the season. PLEASE LET THIS BE TRUE!!!

Image Image
eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by eytl »

DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Surprise surprise, Juventus are implicated in match fixing AGAIN. The fixing didn't take place at Juve I must admit, but, once again, they're just making their reputation worse for hiring cheaters.

The best news is the prime candidate for suspension by the FIGC is the manager Antonio Conte! He will likely be banned from football for six months. Ditto one of their players Simone Pepe.

Suck on that gobbi Image

Image Image
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

I love stories like that, I remember there was a TV show on this guy called Alessandro Zarelli who duped clubs into signing him and paying for his food and accommodation before scarpering. You can read about similar stories here, if you're interested...
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

kostas22 wrote:Surprise surprise, Juventus are implicated in match fixing AGAIN. The fixing didn't take place at Juve I must admit, but, once again, they're just making their reputation worse for hiring cheaters.

The best news is the prime candidate for suspension by the FIGC is the manager Antonio Conte! He will likely be banned from football for six months. Ditto one of their players Simone Pepe.

Suck on that gobbi Image

I'm honestly not surprised one bit. This is becoming a regular occurrence now.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Portsmouth have (finally) got rid of Kanu, and are reaching deals to offload Ben Haim and Liam Lawrence. Which just leaves Dave Kitson.

The deal is, they need to get rid of all their senior players currently employed (as they're on horrendously high wages) before August 10th, or go out of business. It's looking better than it did, and if they manage to get through it they've got deals in place to sign players like Simon Eastwood, Izale McLeod and Brian Howard.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

BaconLettuceNinja wrote:Portsmouth have (finally) got rid of Kanu, and are reaching deals to offload Ben Haim and Liam Lawrence. Which just leaves Dave Kitson.

The deal is, they need to get rid of all their senior players currently employed (as they're on horrendously high wages) before August 10th, or go out of business. It's looking better than it did, and if they manage to get through it they've got deals in place to sign players like Simon Eastwood, Izale McLeod and Brian Howard.

Isn't Ben Haim the highest paid of the lot? He'd surely be the highest priority to get rid of...

Image Image
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

kostas22 wrote:
BaconLettuceNinja wrote:Portsmouth have (finally) got rid of Kanu, and are reaching deals to offload Ben Haim and Liam Lawrence. Which just leaves Dave Kitson.

Isn't Ben Haim the highest paid of the lot? He'd surely be the highest priority to get rid of...

I'm not sure, but as he was signed under Redknapp and Gaydamak, it's a given he was on quite a big wage. Ben Haim probably is as well, but I think he and his agent have finally seen sense and are negotiating a deal to leave on a free. I'd assume Liam Lawrence would have sides like Cardiff after him too.