F1 Dreams

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Sunshine_Baby_[IT]

Re: F1 Dreams

Post by Sunshine_Baby_[IT] »

kostas22 wrote:
David AGS wrote:Its no surprise that you didnt see Giovinco, he is only about 160cm tall!

164, actually. And, to tell the truth, I am the same height as him :oops:

Heidfeld is 164 tall, too. So probably this is the reason why when he raced in F1 he was often not seen! ;)
I'm Perry McCarthy and Taki Inoue's fan number 1 and I always will be.

My twitter: @Miluuu_Sunshine
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Sunshine_Baby_[IT] wrote:
kostas22 wrote:
David AGS wrote:Its no surprise that you didnt see Giovinco, he is only about 160cm tall!

164, actually. And, to tell the truth, I am the same height as him :oops:

Heidfeld is 164 tall, too. So probably this is the reason why when he raced in F1 he was often not seen! ;)

Ah, but wasn't Takuma Sato about 160cm tall?
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

I have no idea how tall 160 cm is. What's that in English/British/American/Imperial (feet/inches)?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

dr-baker wrote:I have no idea how tall 160 cm is. What's that in English/British/American/Imperial (feet/inches)?

5' 3".
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

dr-baker wrote:I have no idea how tall 160 cm is. What's that in English/British/American/Imperial (feet/inches)?

About 5'3''

Which is quite short even compared to my standards (5'7''!)
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
Sunshine_Baby_[IT]

Right: Sato is 160.

14 Hundred Hours

Post by 14 Hundred Hours »

Back to dreams... I recently dreamt that Nico Hulkenberg won Eurovision, cos Vijay Mallya had told him he needed to do more publicity for the team. He was a surprisingly good singer!
Timo Glock für Bürgermeister.
Also I'm a girl. Maybe I shoulda made this clear waaay back to avoid confusion!
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

kostas22 wrote:I had a dream about the upcoming 2012 Belgian GP. The trend of a different winner every race had continued all the way there, but now with all the quality drivers in the field having taken a race win, it looked like someone would have to finally double their victory tally for the season. In the previous race at Hungaroring, both Pedro De La Rosa and Narain Karthikeyan had picked up injuries in accidents that would rule them out for the upcoming race. I replaced De La Rosa in the #22, and Sebastian Giovinco (?!?!?!?!) took the #23.

I didn't see Giovinco in the actual race at any point apart from the start. It was a chatoic never ending cycle of wet-dry-wet-dry-wet-dry, it would pour of rain then dry up, then pour of rain again and dry up again, people were changing tyres constantly. Except me, somehow despite the heavy rain showers every 5-10 minutes, I was able to stay out on track with the option tyres I started the race on. I just ignored all the chaos going on around me, settled into a rhythm and before I knew it, 33 laps were up, and time to pit for fresh rubber.

Most people were still gambling on the rain becoming permanent rather than fading away again but I gambled on another set of option slicks. With 10 laps to go, I had made 1 stop, to everyone else's 6 or 7. I was somehow only 3 seconds a lap off the pace of the quickest cars, and because I'd been able to avoid making so many stops or throwing it off the road, I had inherited the lead :shock:

Hamilton and Raikkonen were closing in very fast towards the end, and caught me on the last lap of the race. They had a run on me through Blanchimont and were about to make a dive down the inside of the bus-stop for the glory. Except, Hamilton sideswiped Raikkonen on the approach to the final corner and wiped them both out, so I just waited for their ongoing accident to fly past, switch back to the track and take HRT's first ever points...by winning a race, on my F1 debut :shock:

EPIC!!! your so money supermarket you just don't know it.....
Sunshine_Baby_[IT]

14 Hundred Hours wrote:Back to dreams... I recently dreamt that Nico Hulkenberg won Eurovision, cos Vijay Mallya had told him he needed to do more publicity for the team. He was a surprisingly good singer!

Better than Jacques Villeneuve? :lol:

FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

tommykl wrote:
Sunshine_Baby_[IT] wrote:
kostas22 wrote:164, actually. And, to tell the truth, I am the same height as him :oops:

I didn't realise how short these drivers really are. I'm about 183cm, probably average height, maybe slightly above average.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

redbulljack14 wrote:
tommykl wrote:
Sunshine_Baby_[IT] wrote:Heidfeld is 164 tall, too. So probably this is the reason why when he raced in F1 he was often not seen! ;)

I didn't realise how short these drivers really are. I'm about 183cm, probably average height, maybe slightly above average.

I remember there being some wild rumors when Justin Wilson (193 cm) got in to F1. One of them even went as far as claiming that he had been asked to go to a surgery to make him shorter.

In hindsight, I'm about 191 cm, or a bit over 6' 3" in Americana measurements.
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

I just had one last night:

My house magically turned into a Bed & Breakfast, and the guest we had was none other than J.J. Lehto. I was just about to ask him for his autograph when I woke up :evil:
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

How's this.....

I was a performer during Drew Carey's Improv-A-Ganza when after the show,we all went to the local luge track.After one rider crashed into a snow bank, a steamroller came to clear the mess(no,don't ask me why) with none other than Kazuki Nakajima at the wheel.I then suddenly remembered that he won the British GP that same year with the steamroller on a last lap pass in the wet.

The dream then moved into a mucky river with a bridge with a massive set of watches on it,but that's a tale for another day...
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

tommykl wrote:I just had one last night:

My house magically turned into a Bed & Breakfast, and the guest we had was none other than J.J. Lehto. I was just about to ask him for his autograph when I woke up :evil:

I guess you've seen too much of my avatar, then! :lol:
WeirdKerr

Post by WeirdKerr »

Nuppiz wrote:

Isn't JJ in jail?
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

WeirdKerr wrote:
Nuppiz wrote:

Isn't JJ in jail?

He appealed to the higher court, so he's not in jail. Yet.
Sunshine_Baby_[IT]

Two nights ago I dreamt of Petrov driving Minardi in 2000 as Marc Gené's team mate.

WeirdKerr

Post by WeirdKerr »

Last night i dreamt that i was watching an F1 race round some slushy, snow covered street track and had to be stopped when some of the crowd at turn 4 started throwing snowballs at the cars, which included Piercarlo Ghinzani in a 1987ish Osella, Damon Hill driving the '97 arrows, Heinz Harald Frentzen in a DTM car and Sebastian Vettel driving an early Ligier and someother random drivers in number of other random race cars
14 Hundred Hours

Post by 14 Hundred Hours »

WeirdKerr wrote:Last night i dreamt that i was watching an F1 race round some slushy, snow covered street track and had to be stopped when some of the crowd at turn 4 started throwing snowballs at the cars, which included Piercarlo Ghinzani in a 1987ish Osella, Damon Hill driving the '97 arrows, Heinz Harald Frentzen in a DTM car and Sebastian Vettel driving an early Ligier and someother random drivers in number of other random race cars

Funnily enough, that's Bernie's latest plan to make F1 races more exciting and unpredictable!
Timo Glock für Bürgermeister.
Also I'm a girl. Maybe I shoulda made this clear waaay back to avoid confusion!
Sunshine_Baby_[IT]

14 Hundred Hours wrote:
WeirdKerr wrote:Last night i dreamt that i was watching an F1 race round some slushy, snow covered street track and had to be stopped when some of the crowd at turn 4 started throwing snowballs at the cars, which included Piercarlo Ghinzani in a 1987ish Osella, Damon Hill driving the '97 arrows, Heinz Harald Frentzen in a DTM car and Sebastian Vettel driving an early Ligier and someother random drivers in number of other random race cars

Funnily enough, that's Bernie's latest plan to make F1 races more exciting and unpredictable!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Great dream! ;)

WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

Little bump,but how's this for size...

I was attending the European Grand Prix in Valencia,where Lewis Hamilton was having a public autograph session on Thrusday,the day before practice.I attended the session,being a massive Hamilton fan.Turns out it is just my luck that his driver back to the hotel is delayed and decides to head back to his hotel,which is where I'm staying at as well,with me in a regular cab.We split the fare as Hamilton brought very little pocket money to the session.Afterwards,he invites me for dinner,and had a small chat.After that,though,he had PR stuff to attend,so I went for a walk outside where I meet this crazy Indian person with a rocket launcher on top of a building speaking in an Upper Class Twit accent,but thankfully,I woke up,and that was the end of my dream.

OR WAS IT?

Eventually,I dozed off back to sleep,where it is now Friday in the same European Grand Prix,and the commentators note that the layout has changed,most notably a section with a split path around a roundabout.At that roundabout during practice,a BMW 5 series and Kamui Kobayashi's 2011 Sauber take different routes around the roundabout and collide when the tracks join.In the background,just barely avoiding the aforementioned collision was Deletraz in the '94 Pacific.Eventually,after trying to keep the car steady,the 5 series knocks the Medical Car,driven by Chris Goodwin,into a sheet metal wall,flipping the car over.Goodwin is okay,however,and places a football(the British kind,not the American one) under the floor of the car as a superstition for something.And then that's where my dream ended.
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Consult medical help immediately please...
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

I did have an F1 related dream lately where I was logging onto Autosport and saw that Bernie Ecclestone had arranged for a grand prix on Arrakis as a street race in Arrakeen starting next year...

...have I been reading those books too much? >_>
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
Meatwad

Post by Meatwad »

I often have F1 dreams. Usually, they are about chaotic races with weird results.

Last year I dreamed of a wet race where drivers kept crashing out, one of the cars (a Force India) flying over a tire barrier! With a few laps to go, there were only six cars left in the race with Kovalainen in fourth and Trulli in fifth. I woke up before the race ended.

A few days ago, it was again a race with heavy rain. Maldonado hit Pérez again, causing Pérez to crash into a wall. Vettel spun from the lead with Webber and a few others right behind him, however, he not only managed to avoid getting hit but somehow also stayed in the lead. As it kept raining, the race was red-flagged after just seven minutes. The chaos didn't end there as race leader Vettel had an engine failure after the red flag. Soon after this, an unknown man was interviewed on TV and he announced that he had alone made the decision not to restart the race, making it the shortest F1 race ever. Even though I was glad that Vettel had won (he is one of my favorite drivers), I was worried that there would be a lot of conspiracy theories.

In my weirdest F1 dream, I met Massa. He was behind the primary school that I went to years ago, singing and playing an acoustic guitar. He was performing a classic Finnish rock song, "Moottoritie on kuuma" by Pelle Miljoona. Not only did he sing very well but also pronounced the Finnish lyrics perfectly! :lol:
Sunshine_Baby_[IT]

Meatwad wrote:I often have F1 dreams. Usually, they are about chaotic races with weird results.

Last year I dreamed of a wet race where drivers kept crashing out, one of the cars (a Force India) flying over a tire barrier! With a few laps to go, there were only six cars left in the race with Kovalainen in fourth and Trulli in fifth. I woke up before the race ended.

A few days ago, it was again a race with heavy rain. Maldonado hit Pérez again, causing Pérez to crash into a wall. Vettel spun from the lead with Webber and a few others right behind him, however, he not only managed to avoid getting hit but somehow also stayed in the lead. As it kept raining, the race was red-flagged after just seven minutes. The chaos didn't end there as race leader Vettel had an engine failure after the red flag. Soon after this, an unknown man was interviewed on TV and he announced that he had alone made the decision not to restart the race, making it the shortest F1 race ever. Even though I was glad that Vettel had won (he is one of my favorite drivers), I was worried that there would be a lot of conspiracy theories.

In my weirdest F1 dream, I met Massa. He was behind the primary school that I went to years ago, singing and playing an acoustic guitar. He was performing a classic Finnish rock song, "Moottoritie on kuuma" by Pelle Miljoona. Not only did he sing very well but also pronounced the Finnish lyrics perfectly! :lol:

I don't think that Massa is actually a good singer! :lol:

Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Last night I dreamt Massa was replaced by Nick Heidfeld.

Discuss.
Last edited by Aerospeed on 27 Jul 2012, 14:55, edited 1 time in total.
Trulli bad puns...
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

JeremyMcClean wrote:Last night Massa was replaced by Nick Heidfeld.

Discuss.

He still doesn't win a race, but is actually competitive.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

redbulljack14 wrote:

Discuss.

He wins a race, but is disqualified. Doesn't finish on the podium again.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Sunshine_Baby_[IT]

redbulljack14 wrote:

Discuss.

Who? Massa or Heidfeld?

FMecha

Post by FMecha »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
redbulljack14 wrote:

Discuss.

He wins a race, but is disqualified. Doesn't finish on the podium again.

But he and his team appealed to FIA and... :lol:
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

I had a weird F1 dream last night, which actually was a dream within a dream. After the F1-related part had ended I dreamt that I posted it on the F1 Rejects forums, but not in this topic and wondered why I hadn't done so. :shock: Soon after I woke up.

Well, turns out that's all I remember now, so don't ask what weirdness was in the F1 part of it...
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Nuppiz wrote:I had a weird F1 dream last night, which actually was a dream within a dream. After the F1-related part had ended I dreamt that I posted it on the F1 Rejects forums, but not in this topic and wondered why I hadn't done so. :shock: Soon after I woke up.

Well, turns out that's all I remember now, so don't ask what weirdness was in the F1 part of it...

Bruno Senna not being crap? Grosjean winning a race and turning into a pain au chocolat? Bertrand Gachot escaping from prison to win the Belgian Grand Prix for Sauber? Sebastian Vettel admitting he is a huge fan of Miley Cyrus? Jenson Button admits that he actually did write the Best of British responses on the F1 Slate? Deletraz declaring to the world what he was doing?
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
Nuppiz wrote:I had a weird F1 dream last night, which actually was a dream within a dream. After the F1-related part had ended I dreamt that I posted it on the F1 Rejects forums, but not in this topic and wondered why I hadn't done so. :shock: Soon after I woke up.

Bruno Senna not being crap? Grosjean winning a race and turning into a pain au chocolat? Bertrand Gachot escaping from prison to win the Belgian Grand Prix for Sauber? Sebastian Vettel admitting he is a huge fan of Miley Cyrus? Jenson Button admits that he actually did write the Best of British responses on the F1 Slate? Deletraz declaring to the world what he was doing?

Sebastian Vettel in a threesome with Miley Cyrus and Jenson Button's F1 Slate alter ego? Deletraz admitting he was weaving so everyone would look the other way while Gachot escape prison in an extremely complex prison break via a time wormhole that allowed him to assist his escape several years after it had happened? Bruno Senna crapping a pain au chocolat when seeing Grosjean winning and peeling his face off on the podium?

Your idea of weird is rather tame my friend...
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

pasta_maldonado wrote:

None of those, I'm afraid. It could be that there actually was no weird F1 dream, but instead I dreamt that I had one and posted it here.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

I had a dream that rear wings were banned because of a safety issue and as a result Toro Rosso instantly became the fastest team in F1.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

eurobrun wrote:I had a dream that rear wings were banned because of a safety issue and as a result Toro Rosso instantly became the fastest team in F1.

Yes, they would be faster with no rear wings...
Trulli bad puns...
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

JeremyMcClean wrote:
eurobrun wrote:I had a dream that rear wings were banned because of a safety issue and as a result Toro Rosso instantly became the fastest team in F1.

Or Alguersuari...
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
Fred Mayo

Post by Fred Mayo »

A few nights ago I dreamt that McLaren announced that Lewis Hamilton would be replaced by none other than David Coulthard for 2013... Wouldn't that be something? Something strange, at least.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Fred Mayo wrote:A few nights ago I dreamt that McLaren announced that Lewis Hamilton would be replaced by none other than David Coulthard for 2013... Wouldn't that be something? Something strange, at least.

Seems legit.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Sunshine_Baby_[IT]

AdrianSutil wrote:
JeremyMcClean wrote:

Or Alguersuari...

Or Buemi.