2013 Season Car Launch Dates

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
mario

Re: 2013 Season Car Launch Dates

Post by mario »

As an aside, it looks like Williams made a somewhat overlooked announcement yesterday - they have announced that Susie Wolff will be given the chance to carry out the shakedown test for the FW35, plus she will also be responsible for carrying out most of in season aero tests that the team are considering carrying out and carry out additional work in their simulator. http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2013/01/28/s ... iams-fw35/
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

mario wrote:As an aside, it looks like Williams made a somewhat overlooked announcement yesterday - they have announced that Susie Wolff will be given the chance to carry out the shakedown test for the FW35, plus she will also be responsible for carrying out most of in season aero tests that the team are considering carrying out and carry out additional work in their simulator. http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2013/01/28/s ... iams-fw35/

I am hoping that this is just one more step on the way towards a race seat... Or does this belong in the Unpopular Opinions thread? ;)
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

dr-baker wrote:
mario wrote:As an aside, it looks like Williams made a somewhat overlooked announcement yesterday - they have announced that Susie Wolff will be given the chance to carry out the shakedown test for the FW35, plus she will also be responsible for carrying out most of in season aero tests that the team are considering carrying out and carry out additional work in their simulator. http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2013/01/28/s ... iams-fw35/

I am hoping that this is just one more step on the way towards a race seat... Or does this belong in the Unpopular Opinions thread? ;)

I, for one, would like to see Susie turn up at Monaco and race for my team, just after they unceremoniously dump Maldonado.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
andrew2209

Post by andrew2209 »

About the "Kimi" on the E21 sidepod. I was reading somewhere that for 2013, the teams want to make it easier for casual fans to identify drivers, so that could be one way they are trying to do it. (Until Mercedes decide that Nico Hulkenberg would be a good driver :) )
IdeFan

Post by IdeFan »

dr-baker wrote:

While I would love to see a female driver make it in F1, I think that when you look at Susie Wolff's record - just four points in six seasons of DTM - she isn't F1 material and is therefore preventing a more deserving young driver from getting their chance.
"Well we've got this ridiculous situation where we're all sitting by the start-finish line waiting for a winner to come past and we don't seem to be getting one!" - James Hunt, Monaco 1982
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

andrew2209 wrote:About the "Kimi" on the E21 sidepod. I was reading somewhere that for 2013, the teams want to make it easier for casual fans to identify drivers, so that could be one way they are trying to do it. (Until Mercedes decide that Nico Hulkenberg would be a good driver :) )

In which case the only options would be "Britney" and "Hulk". :lol:
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Nuppiz wrote:
andrew2209 wrote:About the "Kimi" on the E21 sidepod. I was reading somewhere that for 2013, the teams want to make it easier for casual fans to identify drivers, so that could be one way they are trying to do it. (Until Mercedes decide that Nico Hulkenberg would be a good driver :) )

"Britney" is already taken - by the other Nico on the grid, no less.

IdeFan wrote:
dr-baker wrote:

While I would love to see a female driver make it in F1, I think that when you look at Susie Wolff's record - just four points in six seasons of DTM - she isn't F1 material and is therefore preventing a more deserving young driver from getting their chance.

Oy, when did we start letting facts get in the way of a good theory?
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

CarlosFerreira wrote:
Nuppiz wrote:

"Britney" is already taken - by the other Nico on the grid, no less.

That's what I meant - if both Nicos were in the same team, then Rosberg would have to use Britney and Hulk would be, well, Hulk.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Nuppiz wrote:
CarlosFerreira wrote:"Britney" is already taken - by the other Nico on the grid, no less.

That's what I meant - if both Nicos were in the same team, then Rosberg would have to use Britney and Hulk would be, well, Hulk.

Brain freeze. :oops: Sorry, doing too many things at the same time.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Benetton

Post by Benetton »

IMHO that red on the Lotus looks horrible. I thought the Burn sponsorship was more prominent than just the front wing, oh well.. :roll: '

I'm I also the only one who has nothing against the platypus noses as long as they aren't too extreme?

Let's see what that McLaren outfit can come up with. They should really switch back to Orange now, what is holding them back, certainly not sponsorship. Pay tribute to the teams heritage! We don't need two teams with two silver arrows each!
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Benetton wrote:Let's see what that McLaren outfit can come up with. They should really switch back to Orange now, what is holding them back, certainly not sponsorship. Pay tribute to the teams heritage! We don't need two teams with two silver arrows each!

I read a while back that McLaren werent keen on an orange based design as it was hard to make out the other sponsors on TV screens. I do recall them using orange in certain pre-testing photos of the chassis in the 90s.

Or perhaps Ron Dennis is still fuming at Enrique Bernoldi and his TWR Arrows at Monaco in 2001 and has banned the colour orange.
Just For One Day...
Benetton

Post by Benetton »

CoopsII wrote:
Benetton wrote:Let's see what that McLaren outfit can come up with. They should really switch back to Orange now, what is holding them back, certainly not sponsorship. Pay tribute to the teams heritage! We don't need two teams with two silver arrows each!

I read a while back that McLaren werent keen on an orange based design as it was hard to make out the other sponsors on TV screens. I do recall them using orange in certain pre-testing photos of the chassis in the 90s.

Or perhaps Ron Dennis is still fuming at Enrique Bernoldi and his TWR Arrows at Monaco in 2001 and has banned the colour orange.

Well I disagree. You don't have to have the whole car orange but mostly orange and then black background for the sponsorship. Plus, it doesn't have to be a very bright orange either, slap those bright red Santander and Vodafone logos there and it will be okay. Orange would be a good color because all the cars on the grid these days are black, dark or white.

RBR (Dark blue)
McLaren (Silver)
Lotus (Black)
Mercedes (Silver)
Williams (Dark blue)
Sauber (White/Black)
Force India (White with green orange)
STR (Dark blue)
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

CoopsII wrote:Or perhaps Ron Dennis is still fuming at Enrique Bernoldi and his TWR Arrows at Monaco in 2001 and has banned the colour orange.

Before the incident:

...and after:

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Speaking of McLaren, tomorrow is the day we get to see the MP-4-28, which the team hopes will help deliver victory in the hands of its drivers, Jenson Button and Lewis Ham... sorry, Sergio Perez.

The team is confident that the new raised-nose-and-silk-sheet aero treatment of early prototypes has now evolved to the point where the car will be competitive vis-a-vis rivals, especially Red Bull and Ferrari. Team principle Ron Dennis has asked that another of the Whitmarsh clones is put on thaw last Tuesday, time enough for it be ready to recite management-speak to blissfully asleep journos. Mr. Dennis is so confident that he has also asked that the cherished F1 LM is given a polish, in time to be given to Hamilton for his second WDC. This order was cancelled two hours later, once Mr. Dennis remembered that the team's new driver is Sergio Perez.

Following this embarassing episode, McLaren's staff have since been assigned with crib sheets, in order to remind them of the driver line-up. Sadly it was 3 days before Technical Director Sam Michael dropped by the office and noticed that whoever distributed the crib sheets had made a mistake. The corrected version now reads:

The team's 2013 drivers are Jenson Button and Lewis Ham... I MEAN SERGIO PEREZ, GODDAMIT!

Meanwhile, Mr Perez himself remains calmly confident about his chances next season, and has said publicly that he expects to receive "the same treatment as Lewis Hamilton". Ms. Nicole Scherzinger could not be reached for comment at the time of writing.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:To me (the new Lotus) it looks like a black F111.

Seconded, I agree on that :lol:
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

I bet Coke are pissed. They commit to a megabucks deal, and what do they get? Two tiny places on the end plates and front wing! Whats the point.....
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

CarlosFerreira wrote:
dr-baker wrote:

I, for one, would like to see Susie turn up at Monaco and race for my team, just after they unceremoniously dump Maldonado.

Why dump Maldonado when he's starting to get better at not crashing?
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
razta

Post by razta »

tommykl

Post by tommykl »

So they make a teaser for their car, and the best idea they could find was to make it plainly obvious that a) they still have the stepped nose and b) they've got the same colours as the past three years? :lol:
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:
CarlosFerreira wrote:
dr-baker wrote:I am hoping that this is just one more step on the way towards a race seat... Or does this belong in the Unpopular Opinions thread? ;)

I remain unconvinced. I still think there's a 50% chance Maldonado is a dud.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
mario

Post by mario »

tommykl wrote:

So they make a teaser for their car, and the best idea they could find was to make it plainly obvious that a) they still have the stepped nose and b) they've got the same colours as the past three years? :lol:

In other words, they've shown off the few parts that are almost certainly going to give their rivals little to no information about their car (since most teams are expected to retain the stepped nose). At least, though, given that they intend to launch it at the track, what should be shown should be much closer to the final specification than what Lotus has shown so far (which some suspect to be a showcar hybrid between the E20 and E21).

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:
CarlosFerreira wrote:
dr-baker wrote:I am hoping that this is just one more step on the way towards a race seat... Or does this belong in the Unpopular Opinions thread? ;)

CarlosFerreira wrote:I remain unconvinced. I still think there's a 50% chance Maldonado is a dud.

We will see - he may well be a dud, but perhaps he can turn things around too in the way that De Cesaris managed to in the latter part of his career.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

mario wrote:
CarlosFerreira wrote:I remain unconvinced. I still think there's a 50% chance Maldonado is a dud.

We will see - he may well be a dud, but perhaps he can turn things around too in the way that De Cesaris managed to in the latter part of his career.

Absolutely. I'm trying to be fair here; if you had asked me the same question last July or August I'd have put the odd's he's a fluke at 80%, perhaps. Let's see what he can do this year.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

New Ferrari to be called F138

As to why though is beyond me :lol:
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Wizzie wrote:New Ferrari to be called F138

Year 2013, 8 cylinders
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

pi314159 wrote:

Year 2013, 8 cylinders

I know how they got them name, but I don't really understand what exactly they're trying to achieve with it. Although, at least this has some logic behind it, unlike the F248 from 2006 as far as I can recall.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Svenko Wankerov

Post by Svenko Wankerov »

Wizzie wrote:
pi314159 wrote:

Year 2013, 8 cylinders

I know how they got them name, but I don't really understand what exactly they're trying to achieve with it. Although, at least this has some logic behind it, unlike the F248 from 2006 as far as I can recall.

2006 was the 1st year of the 2.4 litre V8s.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Svenko Wankerov wrote:
Wizzie wrote:
pi314159 wrote:Year 2013, 8 cylinders

2006 was the 1st year of the 2.4 litre V8s.

In that case I stand corrected. I'll withdraw to me cave now. :|
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

How pointless. Pictures that show bog all. Not moody, not teasing, just dull.
Just For One Day...
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

CoopsII wrote:

Accurate reflection of the team and its performance then! :lol:
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Svenko Wankerov

AndreaModa wrote:
CoopsII wrote:

Accurate reflection of the team and its performance then! :lol:

That's not gonna be true at all, Lewis and his team of producers will come out with a mega deep album about growing up in West Staines.

Supposed to be some sort of "surprise" at the McLaren launch in 30 min.
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Svenko Wankerov wrote:

Everyone in the team will be surprised when Sergio Perez is announced as the second driver.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Svenko Wankerov

CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Svenko Wankerov wrote:Supposed to be some sort of "surprise" at the McLaren launch in 30 min.

They're going to race with that sheet on the car throughout the season?
Just For One Day...
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

CoopsII wrote:
Svenko Wankerov wrote:Supposed to be some sort of "surprise" at the McLaren launch in 30 min.

Nah, the sheet IS the car for this season.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Wizzie wrote:
CoopsII wrote:

Nah, the sheet IS the car for this season.

Cool. Perhaps the engine makes an eerie "wooooh" sound as it goes by. Casper The Friendly F1 Car could replace that stoopid cartoon thing they did last year.
Just For One Day...
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Svenko Wankerov wrote:

They will have Telmex sponsorship! :D
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Am I the only one watching the McLaren livestream
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

eurobrun wrote:Am I the only one watching the McLaren livestream

I am at work, sorry.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

eurobrun wrote:Am I the only one watching the McLaren livestream

No, Im watching it too (no sound though - bloody office). I think Ron may have forgiven the colour and this years car may be ORANGE!
Just For One Day...
Svenko Wankerov

Forget the car, they should remove the "sheet" Natalie Pinkham is wearing.