The reject youtube thread

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
Salamander

Re: The reject youtube thread

Post by Salamander »

WaffleCat wrote:

Erm....what the hell happened there? If it was an unscheduled stop,I might understand the antics,but if scheduled....that is the worst pitstop I have ever seen.

Irvine's stop at the Nurburgring was worse IMO. Especially considering it was Ferrari and it probably cost him the title.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
JJMonty
Location: Jersey! (The old one, not that American mk2 version!)

Post by JJMonty »

Not sure if this should be put in the reject, or non-reject. But I'll let the admins decide :)

Onboard footage of the Minardi in 1996 with Pedro Lamy! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWNetjuAef8
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WA3rtbgJ5c

In defense of Nige, that crap-box was a total fluke...
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMf5zqX7iP0

Fast forward to 9:10 for the career-ending crash of F1 Reject Fabrizio Barbazza.
Other than that, a plethora of shunts
midgrid

Post by midgrid »

Yannick Dalmas. AGS JH22. Jerez. What more could you possibly want?
"One day Bruno told me that he had heard the engine momentarily making a strange sound; his suspicion was that all the cylinders had been operating."
--Nigel Roebuck
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

SeedStriker wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMf5zqX7iP0

Fast forward to 9:10 for the career-ending crash of F1 Reject Fabrizio Barbazza...

Thanks!
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

midgrid wrote:Yannick Dalmas. AGS JH22. Jerez. What more could you possibly want?

Only one... minor point: it's a JH25. Can't pull the wool over my eyes.

If there's any footage anywhere of the JH24 (either in 1989 or 1990 spec), that'd be worth even more reject gold - it only ever made it to the race once...
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
midgrid

Post by midgrid »

dinizintheoven wrote:
midgrid wrote:Yannick Dalmas. AGS JH22. Jerez. What more could you possibly want?

Only one... minor point: it's a JH25. Can't pull the wool over my eyes.

If there's any footage anywhere of the JH24 (either in 1989 or 1990 spec), that'd be worth even more reject gold - it only ever made it to the race once...

I managed to get that wrong despite looking at the entry list as I was typing... :oops:
"One day Bruno told me that he had heard the engine momentarily making a strange sound; his suspicion was that all the cylinders had been operating."
--Nigel Roebuck
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Crompo absolutely laying it into the top teams for their epic mismanagement of the situation is simply priceless. And then you had the HRT and Bundy cars mindlessly hitting each other for the umpteenth time that weekend while all the chaos was happening around them :lol:
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
JJMonty

Post by JJMonty »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSiST8Sx ... orCm3S5eHM

Since Pizzonia is now up on the front page, maybe now is a good time to remind ourselves how bad his debut really was!

Quali lap with Brundle being as blunt as ever towards him! :D
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Jason Richards is a boss, the memories of him winning that Fujitsu race at the Clipsal 500 is something I will never forget.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

eurobrun wrote:Jason Richards is a boss, the memories of him winning that Fujitsu race at the Clipsal 500 is something I will never forget.

Indeed. I still remember the 05 Bathurst 1000 where he spent the entire final hour ducking and weaving to find a way past Mark Skaife for the win while everyone else was losing their heads behind them.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Ladies and gentlemen, I bring you the single funniest pitstop in motorsport history :lol:
JJMonty

Post by JJMonty »

Wizzie wrote:Ladies and gentlemen, I bring you the single funniest pitstop in motorsport history :lol:

Exactly what this thread is for! I've seen people being given bottles of water, but never something like this before! :D Commentators comment's were the icing on the cake :)
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

JJMonty wrote:
Wizzie wrote:Ladies and gentlemen, I bring you the single funniest pitstop in motorsport history :lol:

Exactly what this thread is for! I've seen people being given bottles of water, but never something like this before! :D Commentators comment's were the icing on the cake :)

I remember this and loved it. This is why the V8 Supercar commentators are awesome! :lol:
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

Can you imagine that with Vettel, Horner and Marko? Webber would fit Luffy's role perfectly, of course :lol:
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:

Can you imagine that with Vettel, Horner and Marko? Webber would fit Luffy's role perfectly, of course :lol:

Although we finally get to see JDub actually display any sort of personality. And yes, I'd pay a crapload of money to see Triple 8 show up like this to the first race. I might actually forgive them for being so much better than everyone else as a result.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Now, how many times do these muppets say "mate" in the space of a few seconds? :lol:
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

I think it's safe to say that Tander really hates doors.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

mediocre

Post by mediocre »

TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Have you ever wondered what happens when you stick 8 V8 Supercar drivers inside a studio with a live audience? Well, this. Obviously. :lol:
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Also found this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsAp7t-L6Qw don't know if that has been posted either. Now when seeing that car actually moving, i have to say it's not bad looking at all :)
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

Barbazza wrote:
SeedStriker wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMf5zqX7iP0

Fast forward to 9:10 for the career-ending crash of F1 Reject Fabrizio Barbazza...

Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tcDPNN3bCE

Forward to 5:48 for an onboard view of the hit. The sheer force of the impact is way brutal!
And yeah, more hard knocks...
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

Is there any more of this? I hope not, because if there is I will start crying...
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5znemr1hdlg

Narain Karthikeyan and Marco Andretti being failures in A1GP. :D
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/fe ... standstill

This is neither F1-related nor on YouTube (and I would not usually read the Grauniad, either) but is incredibly rejectful driving, and carries a taste of what Signor Stramala can expect should his obsession with Italy take him there.

For the record, if this had been an original 500, three or four of the bikers could have picked it up and turned it round manually.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Oh good god... :lol:

NO LIKEY, NO LIGHTY.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

I think he actually was, given his comments on Autosport Live. :lol:
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Did he even get a date at the end of it? :lol:
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Chives5150

Post by Chives5150 »

Wizzie wrote:Welcome to Bathurst :lol:
Mom, Australia's derping again! :lol:
Murray Walker wrote:I don't make mistakes. I make prophecies which immediately turn out to be wrong.
James Whistler wrote:Had silicon been a gas, I would have been a major general.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Probably the single worst strategy call in recent Bathurst 100 history

Also features Paul Morris getting into a barging match with a concrete wall, with predictable results. :lol:
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA_Q8uz16-k

Look at Horace Gould after his spin around 3:25.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »