What happened to Andrea Sassetti?

The place for respectful and reverent discussion of Reject drivers and teams, whether profiled or not as yet
mediocre

What happened to Andrea Sassetti?

Post by mediocre »

Hi guys,

I've just finished reading Perry McCarthy's biography "Flat Out, Flat Broke" and wondered what happened to Andrea Sassetti after his F1 team went bollocks and he got out of jail. He can't just have disappeared, can he?

Cheers
dinizintheoven

Re: What happened to Andrea Sassetti?

Post by dinizintheoven »

I went on the internet (put "andrea moda shoes" into Google) and I found this:
http://www.yelp.com.sg/biz/andrea-moda-singapore

And then, sifting through all the links about the F1 team, this:
http://toapayohshoppingmall.com/shoe-stores-singapore/
(the reference is at the bottom of the page)

And third, after more F1 links:
http://www.tuugo.sg/Companies/andrea-moda/025000550362

The first link shows an actual shoe shop with the logo we're all familiar with, and the photo was taken in August 2012. andreamoda.com is down, although I have seen the site while it was active. So it may be that Signor Sassetti is not designing shoes any more, but he's certainly still selling them - in Singapore.

A tip for Enoch: if you ever find yourself at the Singapore Grand Prix again, you know where to go to bring Mrs Law back a present.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

He also gave an interview to Autosprint last year.
http://www.f1rejects.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4918
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

I had forgotten about this!

Think about it, he did almost an entire season of F1 for 6 Billion Lire. That's...impossible. That's not even enough to run a one car team properly, never mind a two car team. No wonder they were nowhere. The fact they even managed to qualify once was a miracle on that kind of budget. Maybe they could have done okay in F3000, provided an Italian showdown for the title against Il Barone Rampante, but no way F1...
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

Hang on a mo...I live in Singapore! first,why of all places should he sell shoes here. Second,I am definitely going to check this shop out.
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Stramala [kostas22] wrote:I had forgotten about this!

Think about it, he did almost an entire season of F1 for 6 Billion Lire. That's...impossible. That's not even enough to run a one car team properly, never mind a two car team. No wonder they were nowhere. The fact they even managed to qualify once was a miracle on that kind of budget. Maybe they could have done okay in F3000, provided an Italian showdown for the title against Il Barone Rampante, but no way F1...

6 billion lire I think works out at about 3 million euros in modern parlance. So yeah, nigh on impossible... No wonder he wanted a pay driver who could bring along a million pounds in sponsorship...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
tobey_maguire

Post by tobey_maguire »

dr-baker wrote:
Stramala [kostas22] wrote:I had forgotten about this!

6 billion lire I think works out at about 3 million euros in modern parlance. So yeah, nigh on impossible... No wonder he wanted a pay driver who could bring along a million pounds in sponsorship...

3 million euros ..! :shock:
too much expensive...! :(