The Alessandro Zanardi IndyCar Thread

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Re: The Alessandro Zanardi IndyCar Thread

Post by go_Rubens »

andrew2209 wrote:ROTR:Dario Franchitti-ruined another exciting finish by bringing out the yellow flag.

Man, the past five 500s have ended with a yellow (counting Hildebrand's fail). That seems excessive.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

go_Rubens wrote:
andrew2209 wrote:ROTR:Dario Franchitti-ruined another exciting finish by bringing out the yellow flag.

Man, the past five 500s have ended with a yellow (counting Hildebrand's fail). That seems excessive.

Hilebrand didn't bring out the yellow as he was trying to limp home and Barnhart waited to throw the flag to let him try. The yellow didn't come out until Wheldon had crossed the stripe. It amazes me how when so many people bitched about this when it happened saying it SHOULD HAVE ended under yellow (which really was TGBB's only smart move ever IMO) that now that this year's race is over, people are all like "oh five yellows in a row, blah blah blah". And besides, really do we want to change last year's race? If it didn't end under yellow, that means Taku never made his move. I'd take the yellow myself.

This is what happens because the race is the Indy 500, not the 502, or 504. And no matter how many people call for it, they will NEVER be a GWC at Indy. And I thank God for that.
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

there's some kind of curse with 2nd place rookie in the Indy 500, especially in the following seasons. Marco Andretti and Hildebrand are examples of this. This is the most sucessfull season for Marco since your rookie season, after years being completely thrashed by your team-mates (except for Danica Patrick and Hideki Mutoh)! And Hildebrand still rubbish.

So...Carlos Munoz...
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

Dj_bereta wrote:there's some kind of curse with 2nd place rookie in the Indy 500, especially in the following seasons. Marco Andretti and Hildebrand are examples of this. This is the most sucessfull season for Marco since your rookie season, after years being completely thrashed by your team-mates (except for Danica Patrick and Hideki Mutoh)! And Hildebrand still rubbish.

So...Carlos Munoz...

I also would go as far as to saying A.J. Allmendinger might be able to produce a more fruitful IndyCar career than Carlos given that curse.
More Moneytron, more problems for Onyx!
A flock of Kroghs appear on the NASCAR Track and cause caw-tions!
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Onxy Wrecked wrote:
Dj_bereta wrote:there's some kind of curse with 2nd place rookie in the Indy 500, especially in the following seasons. Marco Andretti and Hildebrand are examples of this. This is the most sucessfull season for Marco since your rookie season, after years being completely thrashed by your team-mates (except for Danica Patrick and Hideki Mutoh)! And Hildebrand still rubbish.

So...Carlos Munoz...

I also would go as far as to saying A.J. Allmendinger might be able to produce a more fruitful IndyCar career than Carlos given that curse.

Considering that I'm convinced Allmendinger would've won Indy had his belts not come undone, I think you may be right...
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:
Onxy Wrecked wrote:

So...Carlos Munoz...

Considering that I'm convinced Allmendinger would've won Indy had his belts not come undone, I think you may be right...

I'm kinda convinced by this...
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:
Onxy Wrecked wrote:

So...Carlos Munoz...

Just what on earth happened to his belts anyway? Shouldn't it be one of the last things to fail on a car?? :?
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

nome66

Post by nome66 »

what in the jesus!?
why would they just shear him off the team like that?
where will he go now?
i know his season got off to a rocky start but letting him go this early? jeez.
I believe in German BARawnda-Tyrrell-Simca(and it's working)

the only difference between the roman gladiators and racing drivers is that racing drivers sit inside the lion that is trying to kill them.
Hound55

Post by Hound55 »

Well, I never have been impressed by Hildebrand, so I'm not surprised. At least Ryan Briscoe gets to come back.
LONG LIVE MARUSSIA

Things I was wrong about:
Kimi to Ferrari, Perez out of McLaren, Maldonado to Lotus, Kobash comes back, Gutierrez stays, Chilton stays, Boullier leaves Lotus.

I stream Ustream, we all scream for PRC.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Hound55 wrote:

Well, I never have been impressed by Hildebrand, so I'm not surprised. At least Ryan Briscoe gets to come back.

I agree Hildebrand's been rubbish since the 2011 Indy 500
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

Hound55 wrote:

Unfortunately for Briscoe, this might be another one-off ride.
deCrasheris

Post by deCrasheris »

Onxy Wrecked wrote:
Hound55 wrote:

Unfortunately for Briscoe, this might be another one-off ride.

Agreed. More than likely this will be Oriol Servia's ride after Detroit.
RIP Dan Wheldon 1978-2011
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

WTF? That was premature, if anything.

Hildebrand is gone? I'd never have imagined. I thought he was a good driver, but yeah, he's been rubbish lately.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Sponsors probably didn't pay up. That's probably the only fair reason why he's been sacked.
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

JeremyMcClean wrote:Sponsors probably didn't pay up. That's probably the only fair reason why he's been sacked.

If his personal sponsors didn't pay up and the driver writes off the car early in the race finishing last that is the perfect storm for losing the ride.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Session red flagged because...wait for it...DUCKS on the track. I'll repeat that, DUCKS on the track. :lol:

And apparently, EJ Viso is on pole. This race could be one for the reject archives...
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

East Londoner wrote:Session red flagged because...wait for it...DUCKS on the track. I'll repeat that, DUCKS on the track. :lol:

And apparently, EJ Viso is on pole. This race could be one for the reject archives...

Yes! :D

And for the video, the commentary job in my opinion sucked. Wow...

Ducks? I'll be damned!
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

Was one of the ducklings ugly?
-*:-
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Jocke1 wrote:Was one of the ducklings ugly?

Why? Were they swanning around?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
The Dutch Bear

Post by The Dutch Bear »

Mike Conway wins the first race for Detroit! With Justin Wilson in third a 1-3 for Dale Coyne Racing :shock:
Amazing result, when especially in the CART era Dale Coyne Racing were the laughing stock of the field.
Conway just getting the ride last week and winning now + being on pole tomorrow. :shock:
Honourable mention to Scott Dixon, who was in last after the first lap and drove the wheels of his car to finish in fourth.
RealRacingRoots

Post by RealRacingRoots »

But the big news coming out of the first race was this image.

It speaks for itself.
The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
GT Super Series
nome66

Post by nome66 »

STRIKES AGAIN

the only difference between the roman gladiators and racing drivers is that racing drivers sit inside the lion that is trying to kill them.
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

RealRacingRoots wrote:But the big news coming out of the first race was this image.

It speaks for itself.

And Saavedra continues to be a rejectful driver. Maybe J.R. Hildebrand has found his ride now given how incompetent Saavedra is.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

nome66 wrote:Image
STRIKES AGAIN

Can somebody please resize this image so it can be my new avatar
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

Congrats to the former Honda/Brawn GP test driver Mike Conway for winning the Saturday Detroit race in Dale Coyne's 2nd car.

I just saw the highlights video and I never would have thought it would feel so good to see the 2nd Coyne car win. Good luck to the team for the 2nd race today when they will start from the pole.
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
nome66

Post by nome66 »

eurobrun wrote:
nome66 wrote:Image
STRIKES AGAIN

Can somebody please resize this image so it can be my new avatar

it was my avatar at one point so i saved it

Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

Impressive victory by Conway and great result for Dale Coyne. Also, this isn't good news for Bia, because she was always in the shadows of Wilson and the driver who replaced her won the race.

Also, I give my ROTR to A.J. Indy almost hero to Detroit almost zero.
nome66

Post by nome66 »

Taku was completely anonymous yesterday. exactly medium. not relevant.

sad, really.
Last edited by nome66 on 04 Jun 2013, 00:45, edited 1 time in total.

Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

four yellow flags in 20 laps. This is going to be like Toronto 2011.

Edit: 7 YELLOWS FLAGS WITH 30 LAPS! :? I think someone will steal A.J second ROTR in-a-row.
Last edited by Dj_bereta on 02 Jun 2013, 20:47, edited 1 time in total.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Seven-car crash at the restart. This is turning into a demolition derby.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Looked to me like Will Power tried to be like Schumacher on the restart, caused a huge stackup and Bourdais took the turn just a little too hard, expecting that Power wouldn't be going so slow.

But yup, we got Toronto 2001 all over again.
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Did Will Power survive that carnage because autosport are reporting that he got turned around
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

Kimi-ICE wrote:Did Will Power survive that carnage because autosport are reporting that he got turned around

He's out!
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

Onxy Wrecked wrote:
Kimi-ICE wrote:Did Will Power survive that carnage because autosport are reporting that he got turned around

He's out!

And he threw his gloves in Bourdais' car.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Bourdais for ROTR: To quote Will Power "But Bourdais once was a champ and now he's a chump" says a lot really
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

Kimi-ICE wrote:Bourdais for ROTR: To quote Will Power "But Bourdais once was a champ and now he's a chump" says a lot really

Bourdais isn't in a top quality car like Mr. Power as the Frenchman went to Toro Rosso.
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Kimi-ICE wrote:Bourdais for ROTR: To quote Will Power "But Bourdais once was a champ and now he's a chump" says a lot really

Bourdais is in 4th, so if he wins the race, Will Power might have to eat those words... :P
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

Cynon wrote:

Bourdais is in 4th, so if he wins the race, Will Power might have to eat those words... :P

Indeed, but there is a Dario in Bourdais's way!