[W.I.P] Nissan Deltawing

Archive for the three above subforums
IdeFan

[W.I.P] Nissan Deltawing

Post by IdeFan »

Hi guys, thought I'd share something I'm working on in 3ds max, hoping to release for rFactor 2 sometime, the Nissan Deltawing!:

This is my first major project in 3ds max and it has been an adventure, I noticed last year that the official DeltaWing website has blueprints as a background image and after comparing them with reference images and the dimensions listed on the official site they seemed to be pretty accurate. I started working in Blender but never really got anywhere, but I've had a bit more free time lately so I decided to start over and throw myself at max, since its a much more versatile program and the industry standard.

I ended up rebuilding several parts of the car more than once trying to get things to look right, but it is starting to come together now.

Edit: It seems this forum doesn't like nested HTML tags, so here's some links to hi-res pictures:

http://i.imgur.com/J7jahoZ.png
http://i.imgur.com/BoilEMc.png
http://i.imgur.com/hDxcOs5.png
http://i.imgur.com/js9LJEY.png
"Well we've got this ridiculous situation where we're all sitting by the start-finish line waiting for a winner to come past and we don't seem to be getting one!" - James Hunt, Monaco 1982
RealRacingRoots

Re: [W.I.P] Nissan Deltawing

Post by RealRacingRoots »

IdeFan you've done it again! After the custom LMP (which we may have a use for with the SARS series) you now got this great looking DeltaWing model in the works. Just steer clear of the Coupe Model okay? ;)

Now to find out how to convert cars from rFactor to GTR2....
The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
GT Super Series
IdeFan

Post by IdeFan »

I have done some updates to the LMP, mostly tidying things up. If GTR2 goes cheap in the Steam sale I might try converting it, but really I look at that car compared to what I can do now and I'm slightly ashamed of it, I want to do another one but I'm going to finish the DeltaWing first.

As for the Coupe, if it stays pretty much the same as the mock up (which is basically the open top car with a roof) then I might do it, but if they change too much of the other bodywork then probably not.
"Well we've got this ridiculous situation where we're all sitting by the start-finish line waiting for a winner to come past and we don't seem to be getting one!" - James Hunt, Monaco 1982
RealRacingRoots

Post by RealRacingRoots »

IdeFan wrote:I have done some updates to the LMP, mostly tidying things up. If GTR2 goes cheap in the Steam sale I might try converting it, but really I look at that car compared to what I can do now and I'm slightly ashamed of it, I want to do another one but I'm going to finish the DeltaWing first.

GTR2 is like 12 dollars on Steam, I would imagine it may be cheaper when the Summer Sale comes around but it's a good deal none the less. I wouldn't run it through Steam though, it's a tad buggy. For a first go at a car, I'd still be happy with it.
The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
GT Super Series
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

At Le Mans a year ago, we saw the DeltaWing run in a race and didn't understeer into a gravel trap the first time it tried to turn a corner. But there was, and presumably still is, only one.

I wonder what would happen if more DeltaWings could be built, and there was an official DeltaWing Championship Series?

Something tells me there's an answer coming up in the future.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"