The _TCC Series Thread

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
mediocre

Re: The _TCC Series Thread

Post by mediocre »

And Franz Engstler is running into a recovery vehicle yet again. He's not having any luck with the authorities, is he?
http://www.fiawtcc.com/videogallery/det ... y--vehicle
Samster

Post by Samster »

mediocre wrote:And Franz Engstler is running into a recovery vehicle yet again. He's not having any luck with the authorities, is he?

:lol: The irony. At least that time it was his own fault.
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

The STCC (Swedish) is a joke of a series.
-*:-
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Samster wrote:
mediocre wrote:And Franz Engstler is running into a recovery vehicle yet again. He's not having any luck with the authorities, is he?

Not 100% though, was it? He was closely following someone, who suddenly pulled out and around the recovery vehicle who should not have been there, and Engstler didn't have anywhere to go at such short notice...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
mediocre

Post by mediocre »

dr-baker wrote:
Samster wrote:

Not 100% though, was it? He was closely following someone, who suddenly pulled out and around the recovery vehicle who should not have been there, and Engstler didn't have anywhere to go at such short notice...

Engstler claims he was hit by the car behind. Replay doesn't reveal it.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Jocke1 wrote:The STCC (Swedish) is a joke of a series.

Is it because of the solution f cars?
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

Trump 2016
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

darkapprentice77 wrote:Tough break.

Sounds like this guy is the Paul Di Resta of the BTCC.
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

Kimi-ICE wrote:

Yup. I will agree to that.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Kimi-ICE wrote:

Why? He's perfectly justified in being dissatisfied with the team given that he's clearly well down the pecking order there - though it begs the question on what exactly he expected given that he was a complete unknown next to the very well-establish Tom Onslow-Cole and reigning Clio Cup champ Jack Goff.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Salamander wrote:
Kimi-ICE wrote:

Why? He's perfectly justified in being dissatisfied with the team given that he's clearly well down the pecking order there - though it begs the question on what exactly he expected given that he was a complete unknown next to the very well-establish Tom Onslow-Cole and reigning Clio Cup champ Jack Goff.

And that mirrors what Di Resta wants. He feels that he's entitled to a top drive and while he's a good driver I don't mark him out as a great one. This is mostly what Cole feels. He feels as if he deserves a better car but what's he actually done to get noticed?
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

Kimi, have you seen the F1 Slate? http://www.thef1slate.com

di Resta keeps rambling on in his posts about how he'll smash all of the F1 records and how F1 will enter the di Resta era :lol:

And he doesn't bother to pay attention to the topic half the time :lol:

And Button's posts are funny as hell!
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Kimi-ICE wrote:
Salamander wrote:Why? He's perfectly justified in being dissatisfied with the team given that he's clearly well down the pecking order there - though it begs the question on what exactly he expected given that he was a complete unknown next to the very well-establish Tom Onslow-Cole and reigning Clio Cup champ Jack Goff.

And that mirrors what Di Resta wants. He feels that he's entitled to a top drive and while he's a good driver I don't mark him out as a great one. This is mostly what Cole feels. He feels as if he deserves a better car but what's he actually done to get noticed?

What the hell. Where the hell are you getting that from!? He never said he deserves to be at the top! All he said is that he needs better equipment and more experience to progress in the BTCC, which is exactly right! Running around in 20th in third-rate Team HARD equipment isn't getting him anywhere, and nor would it anyone else. Why do you feel the need to attribute words and qualities to him that he hasn't expressed?
Everything's great.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Salamander wrote:
Kimi-ICE wrote:
Salamander wrote:Why? He's perfectly justified in being dissatisfied with the team given that he's clearly well down the pecking order there - though it begs the question on what exactly he expected given that he was a complete unknown next to the very well-establish Tom Onslow-Cole and reigning Clio Cup champ Jack Goff.

What the hell. Where the hell are you getting that from!? He never said he deserves to be at the top! All he said is that he needs better equipment and more experience to progress in the BTCC, which is exactly right! Running around in 20th in third-rate Team HARD equipment isn't getting him anywhere, and nor would it anyone else. Why do you feel the need to attribute words and qualities to him that he hasn't expressed?

That's just what it felt that personally. :? Then again i only came here mainly with F1 and Motogp experience and only 3 years of BTCC experience so that was a bit inevitable
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Kimi-ICE wrote:That's just what it felt that personally. :? Then again i only came here mainly with F1 and Motogp experience and only 3 years of BTCC experience so that was a bit inevitable

I only started watching BTCC properly midway through 2011. Experience has nothing to do with it. You were just blindly attributing qualities to James Cole. That's a jackass thing to do, don't do it.
Everything's great.
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

Salamander wrote:
Kimi-ICE wrote:That's just what it felt that personally. :? Then again i only came here mainly with F1 and Motogp experience and only 3 years of BTCC experience so that was a bit inevitable

I only started watching BTCC properly midway through 2011. Experience has nothing to do with it. You were just blindly attributing qualities to James Cole. That's a jackass thing to do, don't do it.

I only get to see BTCC stuff once every 3 months :lol:

Goes to show that Motorsport in America is so centered on NASCAR of all things! ARGH!
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

RealRacingRoots

Post by RealRacingRoots »

So the main changes for next year in the WTCC are slowly leaking out. Something like 50 more horsepower (to about 380), 50 kilos lighter, 100mm wider cars, 100mm front splitters, taller rear wing (to be parallel to the roof line, like GTE), a Top 5 Q3 showdown, and all standing starts. But the big change is no BOP, but compensation weight remains.

Too bad BMW is leaving, otherwise they may have had a shot at winning races consistently for once. I cannot imagine the torque-steer and understeer the FWD contenders will have to deal with.
The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
GT Super Series
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

Trump 2016
Samster

Post by Samster »

darkapprentice77 wrote:Holy shite...

Just when I thought Wrathall's season couldn't get any worse. What an idiot!
johnnyCarwash

Post by johnnyCarwash »

on a lighter note, I was amused to find this at my local tesco the other day :lol:

The ChiltonCraze at the British Grand Prix
FIA driver press conference announcer wrote:On pole position for his home grand prix for the first time, Max Chilton
nome66

Post by nome66 »

where, oh where could i find one of those?
i'd like the URL because i assume no convenience store here in the states knows who that is or what drink that is.

EDIT: oh this is just gold. i'm buying those online.
I believe in German BARawnda-Tyrrell-Simca(and it's working)

the only difference between the roman gladiators and racing drivers is that racing drivers sit inside the lion that is trying to kill them.
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

I've only just caught up with this thread.

BTCC is as good as ever (especially the last meeting with 0 MG wins) but WTCC is really starting to annoy me. BMW about to disappear - bad. Citroen arriving - hmmm, another dull manufacturer of extremely crap cars. Why? We already have Chevy.

Plus Martin Haven's extremely biased commentaries are getting on my tits. The guy clearly hates Tarquini (which is wrong on so many levels) and laughably tried to blame him for a first corner collision in the first race last weekend despite the fact that it was clearly Michelisz's Honda that was to blame. It's bright orange, which was a bit of a clue.

He also shouts down anything Harry Vaulkhard says, especially if it's about anything specifically related to how the cars / tyres / engines etc might be doing, despite the fact that he..um..drives racing cars for a living. He's a little bit more respectful when Matt Neal's the co-commentator, but only just. He used to be good but he needs to be retired.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Barbazza wrote:I've only just caught up with this thread.

BTCC is as good as ever (especially the last meeting with 0 MG wins) but WTCC is really starting to annoy me. BMW about to disappear - bad. Citroen arriving - hmmm, another dull manufacturer of extremely crap cars. Why? We already have Chevy.

Plus Martin Haven's extremely biased commentaries are getting on my tits. The guy clearly hates Tarquini (which is wrong on so many levels) and laughably tried to blame him for a first corner collision in the first race last weekend despite the fact that it was clearly Michelisz's Honda that was to blame. It's bright orange, which was a bit of a clue.

He also shouts down anything Harry Vaulkhard says, especially if it's about anything specifically related to how the cars / tyres / engines etc might be doing, despite the fact that he..um..drives racing cars for a living. He's a little bit more respectful when Matt Neal's the co-commentator, but only just. He used to be good but he needs to be retired.

By the sounds of it the WTCC commentary is a bit like Legard/Brundle to some extent.
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

Barbazza wrote:BTCC is as good as ever (especially the last meeting with 0 MG wins)
Hmm, I can understand why you would be happy with 0 Plato wins, but does that mean you would be unhappy with Tordoff winning? He seems like a nice bloke...
Trump 2016
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

darkapprentice77 wrote:
Barbazza wrote:BTCC is as good as ever (especially the last meeting with 0 MG wins)
Hmm, I can understand why you would be happy with 0 Plato wins, but does that mean you would be unhappy with Tordoff winning? He seems like a nice bloke...

Yes, fair enough - he's done nothing to annoy me. Yet!
mediocre

Post by mediocre »

Last week, I had the chance to interview WTCC driver Fredy Barth. He claimed that the new regulations from 2014 onwards are a complete disaster. While 2014 is some sort of year of transition, there will barely be any cars on the grid in 2015 (only Citroen, Honda and Lada and they whill bring no more than four cars each).
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Is it possible to make a 600hp dtm style touring car for less than £150,000?
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Well it had to happen. Who knows maybe he'll make us look like fools if he does well before he puts a better driver in the car
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:Yep it's official: Neate is back

http://www.thecheckeredflag.co.uk/2013/ ... -44-debut/

I just... I don't even...
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
RealRacingRoots

AdrianSutil wrote:

The BTCC is heading to a disaster of biblical proportions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3ZOKDmorj0
GT Super Series
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

RealRacingRoots wrote:
AdrianSutil wrote:

The BTCC is heading to a disaster of biblical proportions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3ZOKDmorj0

I come armed with papayas
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Holy... It does look like a bite to be honest, even though the guys in the interview are saying it might not have been. I love the image of him just strolling back to his hotel room, blood pissing out his leg and he's like "yeah, whiskey and a DIY stitching kit will be enough" :lol:

Proper geezer though...

Edit: looks like he smokes too, judging by his left hand. Don't know many racers that do nowadays.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

Yeah, Rob seems like one of the good guys. He's going to be in Rush as well isn't he, as 'Brett Lunger'?
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

And in typical Neate fashion, he's the only driver to start behind a S2000 car.
Trump 2016
Samster

Post by Samster »

Dark77 wrote:And in typical Neate fashion, he's the only driver to start behind a S2000 car.

Well him and Warren Scott who is yet to set a representative time all weekend. :(
RealRacingRoots

Dark77 wrote:And in typical Neate fashion, he's the only driver to start behind a S2000 car.

Neate starts at the back? Oh god. Oh man oh god. No one's safe.

Place yet bets, how many people will Neate run into over the 3 races?
GT Super Series
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

RealRacingRoots wrote:

Neate starts at the back? Oh god. Oh man oh god. No one's safe.

Place yet bets, how many people will Neate run into over the 3 races?

8.4, no more, no less.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.