2013 HWNSNBM'S Hungarian Grand Prix Thread

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Alextrax52

Re: 2013 HWNSNBM'S Hungarian Grand Prix Thread

Post by Alextrax52 »

SgtPepper wrote:
AdrianSutil wrote:As a true F1 fan, I couldn't care less if Vettel romps away and wins by a country mile. I'll still enjoy the race as long as there's a few midfield battles, different tyre strategies, maybe a Sauber or a Williams nicking a couple of points and a few retirements. It's not all about P1.

A true F1 fan? Teach us your ways, oh great padawan master!

I also loathe the culture of only caring about P1, and when I was at Silverstone it it really angered me that there was some great wheel to wheel racing between the backmarkers that I knew would never get shown, or yesterday's focussing on random celebrities while the mid-field teams were out in Q1 had me spitting feathers.

However, I don't see what is wrong with registering distaste with the current state of affairs of VETTELWINSLOL.

See it doesn't matter if Vettel wins all the time. I just wish people wouldn't wish their bad luck on him.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

SgtPepper wrote:However, I don't see what is wrong with registering distaste with the current state of affairs of VETTELWINSLOL.

It's annoying. Vettel is a very good driver, he's going to win a lot more races before his career is over. Seeing people continually complain every single time he wins or gets pole, or even looks like winning, is getting very old.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Salamander wrote:
SgtPepper wrote:However, I don't see what is wrong with registering distaste with the current state of affairs of VETTELWINSLOL.

It's annoying. Vettel is a very good driver, he's going to win a lot more races before his career is over. Seeing people continually complain every single time he wins or gets pole, or even looks like winning, is getting very old.

At last Salamander agrees with me. As i said some people are complaining when Vettel sets the pace in FP1 which is just downright ludicrous

Anyway is everybody ready
Minardi Man

Post by Minardi Man »

Rosberg's had a very overly eventful opening lap :shock:
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Minardi Man wrote:Rosberg's had a very overly eventful opening lap :shock:

His race is done while Webber made an awesome start

And what is this? Vettel struggling? See why i never lost hope?
S951

Post by S951 »

RoGro going very well

Vettel grip issues earlier than Ham?
Luca Badoer we miss you appreciation group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/187177268036270/
PT8475

Post by PT8475 »

Thanks, 5Live, lets just skip the pitstops so we can hear Tom Daley jumping off a platform.
S951

Post by S951 »

Button going pretty well

Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

S951 wrote:Button going pretty well

I owe Bunsen a beer for making this interesting

And Vettel has a damaged front wing. What magic chant did Rachel1990 put on him today? :mrgreen:
S951

Post by S951 »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:
S951 wrote:Button going pretty well

I owe Bunsen a beer for making this interesting

And Vettel has a damaged front wing. What magic chant did Rachel1990 put on him today? :mrgreen:

100% also RoGro properly going for it

PT8475

Post by PT8475 »

Oh come on, drive through? Really?
Minardi Man

Post by Minardi Man »

Bathplug off stewarts :evil:

....apparently it was his pass on Massa that caused him to get the penalty, if that is true then this really is farcical.
Last edited by Minardi Man on 28 Jul 2013, 13:00, edited 1 time in total.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

PT8475 wrote:Oh come on, drive through? Really?

I think we all look very silly now. We all thought Grosjean could win and we've been proved Wrong
PT8475

Post by PT8475 »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:

I think we all look very silly now. We all thought Grosjean could win and we've been proved Wrong

Stewards are completely wrong there - unless its for the Button incident, in which case... A bit harsh, as Button pitted.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

PT8475 wrote:
Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:

Stewards are completely wrong there - unless its for the Button incident, in which case... A bit harsh, as Button pitted.

Yes Steward's have been useless this season. In Brighter News Pastor Maldonado is in 10th place :mrgreen:

Crofty no one cares about Chilton who's been woeful Again
PT8475

Post by PT8475 »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:
PT8475 wrote:
Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:I think we all look very silly now. We all thought Grosjean could win and we've been proved Wrong

Yes Steward's have been useless this season. In Brighter News Pastor Maldonado is in 10th place :mrgreen:

Crofty no one cares about Chilton who's been woeful Again

Perhaps Grosjean's penalty has saved Lotus, at least, from having to call him out of Raikkonen's way again, at least.

And I shouldn't judge the stewards yet, actually, as I've not got the money for SKY I'm not allowed to see the race :?
S951

Post by S951 »

JEV ahead of RIC at this stage

PT8475

Post by PT8475 »

S951 wrote:JEV ahead of RIC at this stage

But I thought JEV wasn't ready for Red Bull? :o
S951

Post by S951 »

PT8475 wrote:
S951 wrote:JEV ahead of RIC at this stage

But I thought JEV wasn't ready for Red Bull? :o

good whilst it lasted but JEV now behind

pablo_h

Post by pablo_h »

PT8475 wrote:But I thought JEV wasn't ready for Red Bull? :o

He's not, and never will be.
First rule of finishing first in a Red bull, is that you have to first finish first on a Saturday.
Fast one lap pace drivers only need apply.
Webber has proven time again through his career he can put a car high up on the starting grid.
And Vettel is in a class of his own in that regard, better than Webber and that says a hell of a lot. Some of Vettels qual laps have been very special.
Not a fan of Vettel, but I have been blown away sometimes from watching his qual laps over Webber and the rest of the field.
Vergne just does not have that, not at all.
Kind of like Button, good racer, but never qualified well against Hamilton, or even sometimes Perez. Vergne has a career ahead like Button, but neither suit Red Bull's philosophy.
Don't forget red bull often have some of the lowest trap speeds, overtaking is not much of an option while driving a red bull, they are expected to qualify up front.

edit: bad luck Rosberg, but great driving to get it off the track.
Last edited by pablo_h on 28 Jul 2013, 13:40, edited 1 time in total.
Minardi Man

Post by Minardi Man »

Wow, another engine blow out, hopefully these engines are getting ready for next year.
S951

Post by S951 »

big blow up for rosberg engine?? hope ham last ok

jev is ahead of ric atm

pastor to get his and williams first point

pablo_h

Post by pablo_h »

Congrats to Hamilton.
Interestingly when asked this weekend he said he never expected to leave a winning team on their way down, and get a seat into a team on the way up capable of winning. He was looking for the long pay off and didn't expect to be that competitive this year.
But in the end, but seems like he got lucky, notwithstanding his imput and good drives off course. No disrepect to him but even he didn;t expect to have the equipment for front row lock outs and wins this year.
Last edited by pablo_h on 28 Jul 2013, 13:52, edited 1 time in total.
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

The Reverend scores!
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
SgtPepper

Post by SgtPepper »

My laptop overheated and I missed roughly laps 5-20. What happened to Vettel's front wing?
F1 claim to fame - Offending Karun Chandhok 38 minutes into the Korean Grand Prix's FP1.

PSN: SgtPepperThe1st
mediocre

Post by mediocre »

SgtPepper wrote:My laptop overheated and I missed roughly laps 5-20. What happened to Vettel's front wing?

He had a very minor collision with Button (if at all), but the whining was unproportionally big.
pablo_h

Post by pablo_h »

SgtPepper wrote:My laptop overheated and I missed roughly laps 5-20. What happened to Vettel's front wing?

Contact trying to pass the Button-train
mario

Post by mario »

S951 wrote:big blow up for rosberg engine?? hope ham last ok

jev is ahead of ric atm

pastor to get his and williams first point

Sounds like Rosberg might have overheated whilst trying to push Massa into a mistake (he'd been catching Massa and running quite close behind him on track on the lap before his engine blew). Several drivers were struggling with engine temperatures today given the very hot conditions (Vettel, for example, was having to back away from Button earlier in the race because his engine temperatures were getting uncomfortably high), so he might have accidentally cooked his engine in the process.

As for Maldonado, well, it was a hard race by the sounds of things but, scruitineering pending, it sounds as if Williams will finally be off the mark with a point for 10th - and it has been a very painful wait for the team to get that point.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Lewis Hamilton wins his first Grand Prix for Mercedes!!!

HAMILTONWINSLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
TheBigJ

Post by TheBigJ »

The grosjean penalty was daylight robbery. Spa 2009. Kimi Raikkonen overtaking half the grid when he was completely over the white line. Grosjean still had some of his wheels on the white line. Either Grosjean should be given an apology from the increasingly inconsistent race stewards, or Raikkonnen should hand over another trophy to Giancarlo Fisichella.

The incident with Button was not his fault either. He was behind Grosjean who had no choice but to turn into the racing line to make the chicane. Both should of backed off. They didn't. Racing incident.
DonTirri
Location: Herttoniemi, Helsinki, Finland, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way.

Post by DonTirri »

Screw Hamiltons win. Did you see how Kimi managed to keep Vettel behind him? That once again shows that Kimi still has it.
Also, a damn shame for Romain, I genuinely wished him to win or atleast be on the podium. What intrigues me is what the "Fail 22, 22 Fail" call that both Seb and Mark got with about 10 laps to go. Some sorta code for Mark that "you're behind Seb. Don't race" and for Seb "Webber behind you, no stress"
Or that is what I thought until Mark was told to keep pushing a few laps later... Odd.

A good race regardless. Shame Gro didn't manage to overtake Alonso in the end. The penalty was bullcrap. Still, Kimi p2 on the championship.
I got Pointed Opinions and I ain't afraid to use em!
F1rejects no.1Räikkönen and Vettel fan.
BTW, thats Räikkönen with two K's and two N's. Not Raikonnen (Raikkonen is fine if you have no umlauts though)
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Good to see Williams finally make it into the points.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

Great to see Hamilton winning :D . While Button and Raikkonen did a great job to keep VETTELWINSLOL unheard. Shame for Grosjean making few mistakes.
Great to see Webber finished 4th. Alonso keep 5th place ahead from Grosjean. And......... Maldonado finally give Williams their first point of the season ;)
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
johnnyCarwash

Post by johnnyCarwash »

This was one of the better Hunagrian GPs, very watchable indeed and Williams get a point :D !
Shame about RoGro's penalty, thought it was a ballsy move at the time...

Hamilton is now the third Brit to win a GP for Mercedes:

Richard Seaman 1938 German GP
Stirling Moss 1955 British GP
Lewis Hamilton 2013 Hungarian GP
The ChiltonCraze at the British Grand Prix
FIA driver press conference announcer wrote:On pole position for his home grand prix for the first time, Max Chilton
mario

Post by mario »

DonTirri wrote:Screw Hamiltons win. Did you see how Kimi managed to keep Vettel behind him? That once again shows that Kimi still has it.
Also, a damn shame for Romain, I genuinely wished him to win or atleast be on the podium. What intrigues me is what the "Fail 22, 22 Fail" call that both Seb and Mark got with about 10 laps to go. Some sorta code for Mark that "you're behind Seb. Don't race" and for Seb "Webber behind you, no stress"
Or that is what I thought until Mark was told to keep pushing a few laps later... Odd.

A good race regardless. Shame Gro didn't manage to overtake Alonso in the end. The penalty was bullcrap. Still, Kimi p2 on the championship.

I imagine that we will get an explanation later, but it does sound more like an instruction to change an engine or electronics map rather than anything to do with Webber.

My best guess is that the message could be related to Vettel's KERS unit - he did have problems with his KERS beginning to overheat earlier in the race (whilst behind Button, he was instructed that he could not use full power mode for his KERS, usually a sign of overheating). Given that he was running behind Kimi for quite a few laps, it might be that his KERS overheated again, and in this instance it might have been permanently damaged - "Fail 22" might therefore be a setting for the KERS that puts it in a fail-safe mode.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
Ferrim

Post by Ferrim »

Alonso, Räikkönen and Hamilton should reach an agreement and stop taking points out of each other. As it is, Vettel is just cruising to the title without showing a huge superiority, a bit like Alonso was doing last year at this point, although the German has a bit better car (and yes, I mean a bit: during July last year the Ferrari didn't look too far from the best car). If one of them manages to win a couple of races in a row we could start to have a championship in our hands; as it is, they are close (less than two races, and we have seen that kind of gap disappear quickly in recent years, like 2012, 2010, 2007 and 2006) but no cigar.

BTW, was I the only who noticed that Webber didn't seem to be pushing Alonso at all? It looked like he didn't want to do anything that could help Vettel, even if marginally.
Go home, Bernie Ecclestone!

"There will be no other victory this year, I can tell you, more welcomed than this one" Bob Varsha, 1995 Canadian GP

F1 Rejects Forums – going off-topic since 2009!
S951

Post by S951 »

looks like vdg had an ok race to 14th

mediocre

Post by mediocre »

Grosjean gets another 20 second penalty for the incident with Button. Also, Alonso is under investigation for using DRS three times when he was more than one second behind the man in front.
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
DonTirri
Location: Herttoniemi, Helsinki, Finland, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way.

Post by DonTirri »

Stick a 10 or 20 second penalty on him and call it good. RoGro gets up one position and everyóne is happy. Except for Alonso and Ferrari, but nobody cares what they think anyway.
I got Pointed Opinions and I ain't afraid to use em!
F1rejects no.1Räikkönen and Vettel fan.
BTW, thats Räikkönen with two K's and two N's. Not Raikonnen (Raikkonen is fine if you have no umlauts though)