PMMF Planning Thread

The place for spinning interesting fictitious tales, including your virtual racing exploits
DemocalypseNow

Re: PMMF Planning Thread

Post by DemocalypseNow »

With a whole bunch of junior prospects on the brink of breaking through to F1RWRS, Alitalia sure would like to enter...
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
RealRacingRoots

Post by RealRacingRoots »

roblomas52 wrote:Could Michelin do the tyres or is there a supplier in place?

Worry about adding Reliability to the F1R tires before you do anything else with Michelin.
The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
GT Super Series
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

Simpson Motorsports would like to register their interest in entering the Pacific Rim cup.
This is a cool spot.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Equipe Gauthier have expressed interest in participating the Pacific Rim cup.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

As an IFRC team, The Crusaders are interested in entering :D
Trump 2016
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Gillet is definitely interested.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
RealRacingRoots

I was hoping I would enter a yet unamed team, that is entering the GT-R WC, into the All-Asia Leg. But I guess not.

But in regards to GTR, if there's one thing that I wish to be maintained here in the PMMF long after I leave is there being a concrete Tin-Tops ladder alongside the well-established open wheel ladder to the F1RWRS. There is already a groundwork laid out with the series that are in place and new ones potentially down the line:

Lupo
RTCC / STC / RTSS
Street Racing League?
New series to début in upcoming years - GT-R European Championship (will use GT2 class cars)
GT-R WC

Now the intention to prevent users pooping out new drivers for the top series. (looking at you Klon) One of the ideas I had was a License system similar in nature to the one the ACO uses in classifying drivers for the FIA WEC and other series, with all new drivers being the equivalent of the lower stages of the license until they prove themselves in the lower tiers, and drivers who raced in the vintage PMMF series have other classifications since they are past their presumed prime, but still can hack it. Now of course this needs a lot of work and thought put into it, but I hope by the time this gets all thought out thoroughly that we got us a proper ladder on both major spectrums of motorsport.
GT Super Series
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

RealRacingRoots wrote:I was hoping I would enter a yet unamed team, that is entering the GT-R WC, into the All-Asia Leg. But I guess not.

But in regards to GTR, if there's one thing that I wish to be maintained here in the PMMF long after I leave is there being a concrete Tin-Tops ladder alongside the well-established open wheel ladder to the F1RWRS. There is already a groundwork laid out with the series that are in place and new ones potentially down the line:

Lupo
RTCC / STC / RTSS
Street Racing League?
New series to début in upcoming years - GT-R European Championship (will use GT2 class cars)
GT-R WC

Now the intention to prevent users pooping out new drivers for the top series. (looking at you Klon) One of the ideas I had was a License system similar in nature to the one the ACO uses in classifying drivers for the FIA WEC and other series, with all new drivers being the equivalent of the lower stages of the license until they prove themselves in the lower tiers, and drivers who raced in the vintage PMMF series have other classifications since they are past their presumed prime, but still can hack it. Now of course this needs a lot of work and thought put into it, but I hope by the time this gets all thought out thoroughly that we got us a proper ladder on both major spectrums of motorsport.

I wouldn't mind that
Officially Retired
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

If there are any slots left for the Pacific Rim Cup, Restov Racing would certainly be interested in entering :)
TORA! TORA! TORA!
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Jones Racing will throw their hat into the Pacific Rim series too if you need another team for it. They still have the old Jones Italia cars kicking about in a dark corner of the factory somewhere! :lol:
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Hound55

Post by Hound55 »

RealRacingRoots wrote:I was hoping I would enter a yet unamed team, that is entering the GT-R WC, into the All-Asia Leg. But I guess not.

Lupo
RTCC / STC / RTSS
Street Racing League?
GT-R WC

I might have the time available to run a Street Racing League, as that sounds like a pretty cool twist on most of the other series here. Problem is right now I need to find a decent mod for rFactor that I could do it with. I have a Porsche Super Cup one which would be great, problem is I can't find the livery template anywhere. I think it was released in 2008, so all links I run across are dead. I thought about using a BMW E90 touring car, and having it a one make series, but that doesn't make any sense. Plus, I'd need to futz with the car files. The BMW lacks damage modelling to add insult to injury. The game comes with a number of Panozs that I am sure still have templates lingering around, but I don't know how crazy anyone would be about that.

If you have any ideas for me, shoot. Now that finals are coming to a close and I have to waste time patiently waiting for Christmas, I think I'll actually be able to do it. Plus I've been thinking about starting something up for a while, but all of my ideas would be in direct conflict with FR1WRS and the likes.
LONG LIVE MARUSSIA

Things I was wrong about:
Kimi to Ferrari, Perez out of McLaren, Maldonado to Lotus, Kobash comes back, Gutierrez stays, Chilton stays, Boullier leaves Lotus.

I stream Ustream, we all scream for PRC.
RealRacingRoots

Hound55 wrote:I might have the time available to run a Street Racing League, as that sounds like a pretty cool twist on most of the other series here. Problem is right now I need to find a decent mod for rFactor that I could do it with. I have a Porsche Super Cup one which would be great, problem is I can't find the livery template anywhere. I think it was released in 2008, so all links I run across are dead. I thought about using a BMW E90 touring car, and having it a one make series, but that doesn't make any sense. Plus, I'd need to futz with the car files. The BMW lacks damage modelling to add insult to injury. The game comes with a number of Panozs that I am sure still have templates lingering around, but I don't know how crazy anyone would be about that.

If you have any ideas for me, shoot. Now that finals are coming to a close and I have to waste time patiently waiting for Christmas, I think I'll actually be able to do it. Plus I've been thinking about starting something up for a while, but all of my ideas would be in direct conflict with FR1WRS and the likes.

Ferrarist ran the SRL using xkoranate if I remember correctly. So there wasn't actually any properties to it; just input data relating to the drivers, cars and tracks and you get results. However, there are FIA GT3 mods that are out and about now adays to easily recreate the SRL grid, whether in rfactor or GTR2 or another sim. Just need to find enough appropriate street tracks to run the series, fictional or not. But of course it doesn't have to be the SRL you go and start.

esport-racing.de has a great database of mods for GTR2, which is where I'm getting most of my stuff for GT-R, WC and EC (for whoever wants to run it). rFactorCentral is always a good start for rFactor mods, drivingitalia.net is also a good place to check out for mods for a variety of sims.
GT Super Series
Hound55

Post by Hound55 »

I found one for Porsche Supercup in 2005, so I think I might just use that and create a Porsche Supercup series. Canonically, I'd say it'd be what IFRC is to FWRS, or something like that.
LONG LIVE MARUSSIA

Things I was wrong about:
Kimi to Ferrari, Perez out of McLaren, Maldonado to Lotus, Kobash comes back, Gutierrez stays, Chilton stays, Boullier leaves Lotus.

I stream Ustream, we all scream for PRC.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

In the new year, I was hoping to do a tournament using Gran Turismo 5 or 6. I am only doing this to see who would be interested as this could get quite big, quite quickly. For more info, just ask!
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
RealRacingRoots

roblomas52 wrote:In the new year, I was hoping to do a tournament using Gran Turismo 5 or 6. I am only doing this to see who would be interested as this could get quite big, quite quickly. For more info, just ask!

Me in the Online Games Thread about a week ago wrote:Odds are I will be hosting race in GT6, as I already have done so in the past with a buncha users in GT5. I will keep you lot posted on when races will be happening and on other details.

There's your answer.
GT Super Series
Rasmus

Post by Rasmus »

Would anyone be interested in a Single-seater, touringcar, GT or sportscar series run using GP2? What would be best welcomed?
Blog about all things motorsport - http://motorsportist.wordpress.com/
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Rasmus wrote:Would anyone be interested in a Single-seater, touringcar, GT or sportscar series run using GP2? What would be best welcomed?

I would really like a sportscar series, it is something we don't have yet.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

pi314159 wrote:
Rasmus wrote:Would anyone be interested in a Single-seater, touringcar, GT or sportscar series run using GP2? What would be best welcomed?

As in prototypes and GT mixed class racing, there isn't one, I don't think. It's a great idea though, one of the greatest racing series, if not the greatest outside F1 and IndyCar, and it's a puzzle piece yet to be put in place. Drivers would hopefully then be able to complete the Triple Crown of Motorsport then, if Le Mans is included.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Well, if I would have to pick I'd go gimmicky single seater series (Superleauge Formula etc.) or a sportscar series.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Truck racing (not pickups, real trucks), bus racing, backwards racing, dutch caravan racing and a superleague format (but that's only for the football fans). And actually, we don't have motorbikes either!
But other than that, a combination of GT and Touring or GT and Sportscars could be nice, in both cases it should be endurance-themed, i think.

Or a chess tournament :P
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

I'd definitely like to see a prototype sportscar series that incorporated Le Mans. Sammy Jones has a Monaco GP win from 2014 and fancies ticking off the 24 hours next! :lol:

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

go_Rubens wrote:
pi314159 wrote:

As in prototypes and GT mixed class racing, there isn't one, I don't think. It's a great idea though, one of the greatest racing series, if not the greatest outside F1 and IndyCar, and it's a puzzle piece yet to be put in place. Drivers would hopefully then be able to complete the Triple Crown of Motorsport then, if Le Mans is included.

The Siemens Ausdauer series is basically this isn't it? Although Le Mans isn't scheduled this year...
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

I always knew Marko read this forum.
Rasmus

Post by Rasmus »

Well. Unless anyone can make liveries for the different carshape of a GT or Sportscar in GP2, then it will be based on one of the following carsets on grandprix2.de

Le Mans 1999
Le Mans 2008
Le Mans 2009
Sportscar WC 1985
Sportscar WC 1991
Sportscar WC 1992
Sportscar WC 1997
IMSA GT 1990
FIA GT 1998

EDIT: I might be able to insert other single cars into the carsets as well...
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

I have a question. I'm not familiar with Grand Prix 2, but in Grand Prix 4, the maximum amount of laps is 127, I think. Which doesn't even allow 1000km races. Is that different on GP2?
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
Rasmus

Post by Rasmus »

pi314159 wrote:I have a question. I'm not familiar with Grand Prix 2, but in Grand Prix 4, the maximum amount of laps is 127, I think. Which doesn't even allow 1000km races. Is that different on GP2?

I have actually no idea about that...
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

The Sportscar WC 1992 would be awesome IMO :D
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

pi314159 wrote:I have a question. I'm not familiar with Grand Prix 2, but in Grand Prix 4, the maximum amount of laps is 127, I think. Which doesn't even allow 1000km races. Is that different on GP2?

Aerond once said 99 laps, IIRC, see F1RWRS rulebook. :)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

FMecha wrote:

Aerond once said 99 laps, IIRC, see F1RWRS rulebook. :)

Technically it is 124, so yeah, really long races require the old "multiple-races-stuffed-together" method or lots of pretending.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

So yeah, after two days bringing the idea over the IRC, here's the World All-Stars Trophy of Endurance, a one-off, non-canon endurance race to replace the F1RMGP Bathurst Enduro. This race will feature mixed cars (Le Mans racers, Grand Tourers, and touring cars, plus one make classes for Subaru BRZs and Trabants, plus 4 experimental slots, where fictional cars are also allowed as long it is realistic). Real and fictional (canon and non-canon) drivers allowed (for canon ones, this won't count obviously :P). I will run it on xkoranate, and here's the provisional car list:

LMP
Lola B06/10 (Judd engine)
Porsche 962C

GTA
Nissan GT-R GT3
BMW Z4 GT3
Chevrolet Corvette C7-R
Mercedes SLS GT3
Honda NSX GT500

GTB
Lister Storm
Vemac 350R
Ferrari 458 Italia
Mooncraft Shiden
Assoluto Fatalita (yes, you read that correctly)

TC1
Holden Commodore V8S
Ford Falcon V8S
Opel Calibra DTM
Mercedes CLK DTM (current)
Nissan Skyline GT-R R32

TC2
SEAT Leon
Ford Focus ST
Chevrolet Cruze S2000
Honda Civic NGTC
BMW 125i NGTC

TC3
Peugeot 406
Renault Laguna
Honda Accord (JTCC)
Alfa Romeo 156
Nissan Primera

plus seperate, one-make classes for Subaru BRZ (BRZ class) and Trabant 601 (TLT - Top Lel Trabants class).

Thoughts? I have not decided what track where this would be run, although I want it to be In somewhere in Asia or Australia. :)
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

FMecha, could I re-enter the DeLorean that I have previously entered into the F1RMGP Bahurst endurance?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

dr-baker wrote:FMecha, could I re-enter the DeLorean that I have previously entered into the F1RMGP Bahurst endurance?

;)
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Since you're running this on xkoronate, may I suggest the Hong Kong International Circuit, aka Special Stage Route 11? :)
Everything's great.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

My plans are that the race be held either in...

OR...

;)
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

SSR11 is better than either of those though. Just saying. ;)
Everything's great.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Or rejectful tracks such as this:
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Any opportunity for me to run Trabants is welcomed by GLB!
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

I'm going to run an endurace series, basically canon WEC, starting in 2017. The calendar will consist of 9-10 races, including the 24 Hours of Le Mans.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

pi314159 wrote:I'm going to run an endurace series, basically canon WEC, starting in 2017. The calendar will consist of 9-10 races, including the 24 Hours of Le Mans.

Definitely interested in that. What would it be run on? And secondly would there be a list of chassis/engines to choose from or would we have the option of building our own chassis?

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

AndreaModa wrote:
pi314159 wrote:I'm going to run an endurace series, basically canon WEC, starting in 2017. The calendar will consist of 9-10 races, including the 24 Hours of Le Mans.

Definitely interested in that. What would it be run on? And secondly would there be a list of chassis/engines to choose from or would we have the option of building our own chassis?

Both will be possible.
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

I may try a short series that uses Xkoranate so I can try to my own series.

My idea: Racing cargo vans! My plan was for a series that uses those panel vans like the Ford E-series and Mercedes Sprinter, and maybe a couple from Europe like the Transit and whatever Renault makes.

I may need some help with comparing the stats for the vehicles though, since panel vans dont exactly have easy-to-find performance specs and reviews :?

Is there any interest in this series? And is using Xkoranate a good idea or should I try another generator for it?
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?