Pointless

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
fjackdaw

Pointless

Post by fjackdaw »

An F1 Rejects round in the final of Pointless yesterday. The category was Red Bull drivers. The contestants could only think of Coulthard, Vettel and Webber (in fact, they were convinced there had only ever been three). I said Doornbos, Klein and Speed. The three pointless answers were Doornbos, Klein and Liuzzi.
BigG80

Re: Pointless

Post by BigG80 »

I said Liuzzi and Klein. Didn't remember Doornbos.

Did you hear Richard describing Doornbos as being hugely popular with F1 fans? Is he?
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Didn't catch that one. I always found my form to be pretty hit-and-miss at that game :P

Anyway, I think Doornbos being hugely popular is more of a joke than anything else.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

As for rallying I was shocked to see that Solberg and Gronholm were both pointless answers. I guess that kind of sums up current rallying because it's a pretty bad sign when the 3rd and 4th most recent rally champions won their titles 11 and 12 years ago respectively
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

I tend to watch Pointless every day, as it comes on when we're eating our dinner. For the last few weeks, the Motorsport/Formula One category came up in the final, and the muppets chose another category...

I know next to nothing about Motorbikes or rallying, so had to rely on Red Bull drivers. I went for Liuzzi and Klien, was convinced there was a third obscure driver I'd forgotten, and was gutted when they revealed Doornbos as the third pointless Red Bull driver answer. Richard said "F1 fans love these questions, and would have named Klien and Liuzzi".. I think that's been evidenced here :P
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

pasta_maldonado wrote:I tend to watch Pointless every day, as it comes on when we're eating our dinner. For the last few weeks, the Motorsport/Formula One category came up in the final, and the muppets chose another category...

I know next to nothing about Motorbikes or rallying, so had to rely on Red Bull drivers. I went for Liuzzi and Klien, was convinced there was a third obscure driver I'd forgotten, and was gutted when they revealed Doornbos as the third pointless Red Bull driver answer. Richard said "F1 fans love these questions, and would have named Klien and Liuzzi".. I think that's been evidenced here :P

Not just the last few weeks pasta it happens for a lot longer than that. When they used to have just 3 choices for the final round Motor Sport would be one of them and they never chose it. I would always be left gutted.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

What's this show anyways?
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

I don't watch the gameshow a lot but a few months ago user vettelfan102 (my friend at Sixth Form College) said there was a question about German F1 drivers and that Timo Glock (who was in F1 as recently as 2012) was a pointless answer...
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:I tend to watch Pointless every day, as it comes on when we're eating our dinner. For the last few weeks, the Motorsport/Formula One category came up in the final, and the muppets chose another category...

Not just the last few weeks pasta it happens for a lot longer than that. When they used to have just 3 choices for the final round Motor Sport would be one of them and they never chose it. I would always be left gutted.

It's even more gutting when the category they've chosen is something like French Literature or something like that.

Aerospeed wrote:What's this show anyways?

Just like most game shows, you get points for answering questions based on what people said in an off-screen survey. However, in Pointless, the aim of the game is to name the most obscure answers that no one in the survey could name, and score the least amount of points. :)
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

good_Ralf wrote:I don't watch the gameshow a lot but a few months ago user vettelfan102 (my friend at Sixth Form College) said there was a question about German F1 drivers and that Timo Glock (who was in F1 as recently as 2012) was a pointless answer...

Yeah I watched that one. It was 2010 German Drivers but just to show the lack of F1 knowledge from the pairs one said Michael Schumacher the most obvious answer and the other said Ralf Schumacher which was totally and utterly wrong.

Other questions from memory include drivers with 2 or more titles and naming all the drivers from 2010 where one woman gave the name "reyser" Ouch
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

I totally forgot Doornbos drove for Red Bull, had to go to Wikipedia to check that. He must not have done much of note.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:
good_Ralf wrote:I don't watch the gameshow a lot but a few months ago user vettelfan102 (my friend at Sixth Form College) said there was a question about German F1 drivers and that Timo Glock (who was in F1 as recently as 2012) was a pointless answer...

Yeah I watched that one. It was 2010 German Drivers but just to show the lack of F1 knowledge from the pairs one said Michael Schumacher the most obvious answer and the other said Ralf Schumacher which was totally and utterly wrong.

Other questions from memory include drivers with 2 or more titles and naming all the drivers from 2010 where one woman gave the name "reyser" Ouch

Once, they asked for any British Grand Prix winner, as in, comes from Britain and has won a Grand Prix.
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

RonDenisDeletraz wrote:I totally forgot Doornbos drove for Red Bull, had to go to Wikipedia to check that. He must not have done much of note.

Well, I remember him for not doing anything of note! :mrgreen:

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:

Ralf Schumacher? I'll watch for laughs!

It's too bad I can't see this gameshow, unless there is some magic channel in the US that I can actually use to watch it. I'd like to see some of these questions and see if I get them all right. I knew all the answers here before they were posted here.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
fjackdaw

Post by fjackdaw »

My ex-wife once shared an eye-roll with Doornbos in a hotel queue when a woman was taking far too long to check in.
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

fjackdaw wrote:My ex-wife once shared an eye-roll with Doornbos in a hotel queue when a woman was taking far too long to check in.

Now there's a brush with F1 celebrity if ever I saw one.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
andrew2209

Post by andrew2209 »

Ferrari drivers (from a certain year, possibly 1980 or 1990) was once a final round question:
Suffice to say, I got quite a few pointless answers with Luca Badoer, Mika Salo, Nicola Larini, Ivan Capelli and Gianni Morbidelli.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

I also remember a question concerning Countries to have hosted a F1 Race. I managed to get Morocco but Turkey was a pointless answer
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:I also remember a question concerning Countries to have hosted a F1 Race. I managed to get Morocco but Turkey was a pointless answer

Turkey being a pointless answer is a surprise.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
fjackdaw

Post by fjackdaw »

watka wrote:
fjackdaw wrote:My ex-wife once shared an eye-roll with Doornbos in a hotel queue when a woman was taking far too long to check in.

She would also occasionally spot Sebastian Vettel from the bus window on his way to work with wet hair, stopped at traffic lights. And Daniel Riccardo left our local Las Iguanas just as I was on my way in a few years ago. The joys of living in Milton Keynes.
fjackdaw

Post by fjackdaw »

watka wrote:

And when I worked at HMV in 1997, I sold Paul Stewart a travel wallet for his CDs.