Rantbox

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Gerudo Dragon

Re: Rantbox

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

Am I the only one who doesn't give a **** about the new noses?
Trump 2016
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Dark77 wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't give a **** about the new noses?

Apart from the Ferrari one I'm not too fussed either
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:

But won't somebody please think of the children! :cry:

And yes, that includes you two. You shouldn't be watching filth like the Toro Rosso front wing on your TV before the watershed. :P
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:

Personally, I think the Ferrari is by far the best looking out of the new cars. At least it doesn't have a penis on the front.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

FullMetalJack wrote:
Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:

Personally, I think the Ferrari is by far the best looking out of the new cars. At least it doesn't have a penis on the front.

If that wasn't there then I'd say the Toro Rosso would be the best looking car. I thought Ferrari's were meant to symbolize beauty though? The 2012 and 2014 machines obviously say not
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

East Londoner wrote: But won't somebody please think of the children! :cry:

There there, Helen.
-*:-
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

congratulations to torro rosso for coming up with what appears to be a dildo.... a 200mph dildo!!!! :shock:
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

WeirdKerr wrote:congratulations to torro rosso for coming up with what appears to be a dildo.... a 200mph dildo!!!! :shock:

Just imagine the penetration.

I'll get my coat.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Toro Rosso's nosecone is... the most ridiculous I've ever seen. It just looks like a 2013 nose with the proboscis bit added to it. That's how badly some teams want to stick with the high nose effect.
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

Taki better be at it more with the Toro Rosso and the Lotus instead. The McLaren just isn't fit for the job.

Seriously, that Toro Rosso put images in my head I didn't want to see. I mean, the FIA should have tighter restrictions on the shape of the nose so they actually got the results they wanted. Well, Force India and Ferrari kinda got the memo...

I wonder that since Red Bull are Toro Rosso's owner, that the Toro Rosso design was inspired of the new Red Bull? If that's the case, I think Ferrari's excuse of the F2012 being beautiful of it wins won't work on the Red Bull.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

go_Rubens wrote:Taki better be at it more with the Toro Rosso and the Lotus instead. The McLaren just isn't fit for the job.

go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

Jocke1 wrote:
go_Rubens wrote:Taki better be at it more with the Toro Rosso and the Lotus instead. The McLaren just isn't fit for the job.

Well, there is one thing I do appreciate about that there, that being the boat reference! :lol:

As in ocean kayaking or canoeing? ;)
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

No. Im finding it increasingly tiresome.
Just For One Day...
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

CoopsII wrote:

Be patient. There is nothing else to talk about up until now.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

DanielPT wrote:
CoopsII wrote:

Be patient. There is nothing else to talk about up until now.

Oh yeah? What about Hamiltons stupid haircut?
Just For One Day...
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

CoopsII wrote:Oh yeah? What about Hamiltons stupid haircut?
/image

From his photos this morning I fail to spot any difference. But then, I am your average man... :P
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

DanielPT wrote:
CoopsII wrote:Oh yeah? What about Hamiltons stupid haircut?

From his photos this morning I fail to spot any difference. But then, I am your average man... :P

OK, I admit I may have exaggerated but surely you can see the difference...

Egg Head
Will Smith Wannabe
Just For One Day...
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

CoopsII wrote:OK, I admit I may have exaggerated but surely you can see the difference...

Egg Head
Will Smith Wannabe

Ah yes, I see the difference (another typical man reaction when the obvious is pointed out by someone else).
You see, hair tends to grow as times goes by. He decided that a change was needed and as such went back to a 90s classic. Is it stupid? I don't think so as it could have been worse. He could have changed it to a 80s one.
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

It's WAY too early for people to be nominating Post of the Year.
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

I always knew Marko read this forum.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

AustralianStig wrote:It's WAY too early for people to be nominating Post of the Year.

They're not serious nominations, just users that are fond of a bit of kiss-assery. Yes, Jocke1 and dinizintheoven can make the occasional funny post, but can everyone stop sucking up to them with pages of "Post of the year! *smilyface*", "Jocke1 you're my favourite user", "Jocke1 you're so hilarious marry me" attention seeking arse licking rubbish?

Not everyone does it, but it doesn't reflect well on those that do. Sincere appreciation of humour is one thing, this another.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
AustralianStig wrote:It's WAY too early for people to be nominating Post of the Year.

They're not serious nominations, just users that are fond of a bit of kiss-assery. Yes, Jocke1 and dinizintheoven can make the occasional funny post, but can everyone stop sucking up to them with pages of "Post of the year! *smilyface*", "Jocke1 you're my favourite user", "Jocke1 you're so hilarious marry me" attention seeking arse licking rubbish?

Not everyone does it, but it doesn't reflect well on those that do. Sincere appreciation of humour is one thing, this another.

It never struck me as that, I don't think people are looking for their love by saying it. It's just a grammatically correct version of "lol".
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

UgncreativeUsergname wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:

It never struck me as that, I don't think people are looking for their love by saying it. It's just a grammatically correct version of "lol".
I only ever post to humor myself first, though. To me it's a fun bonus if anyone 'gets it' and shares the laughter.
Too many sad things have happened lately, so I need the humor.
SgtPepper

Post by SgtPepper »

Jocke1 wrote:It never struck me as that, I don't think people are looking for their love by saying it. It's just a grammatically correct version of "lol". I only ever post to humor myself first, though. To me it's a fun bonus if anyone 'gets it' and shares the laughter.

Jocke1 you're so hilarious, marry me.

*smiley face*
F1 claim to fame - Offending Karun Chandhok 38 minutes into the Korean Grand Prix's FP1.

PSN: SgtPepperThe1st
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

Can the established members please stop nitpicking every little thing wrong with certain members' posts and just relax?
Trump 2016
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Dark77 wrote:Can the established members please stop nitpicking every little thing wrong with certain members' posts and just relax?

We're not nitpicking; we're trying to keep a good quality of posts here. I can't help but feel there's been a lot of crap posted of late (the pre-season testing thread is a mess, full of baseless speculation and rubbish, for-the-sake-of-it posts).

I'm loathe to suggest the ignore function, but if things carry on the way they are then there's going to be a few names on my hitlist, because they've been posting utter garbage for the last couple of weeks.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

Ataxia wrote:
Dark77 wrote:Can the established members please stop nitpicking every little thing wrong with certain members' posts and just relax?

We're not nitpicking; we're trying to keep a good quality of posts here. I can't help but feel there's been a lot of crap posted of late (the pre-season testing thread is a mess, full of baseless speculation and rubbish, for-the-sake-of-it posts).

I'm loathe to suggest the ignore function, but if things carry on the way they are then there's going to be a few names on my hitlist, because they've been posting utter garbage for the last couple of weeks.

I only have one person on my ignore list. I'll never see those 9 or so posts ever again. People have been posting some garbage, I agree with you. I think people can do a few things to help.

I suppose as one of the new generation F1 Rejects members, being here for almost a year now, I will admit that post quality is a little low, and I especially discovered this after reading back through some threads deep in the tomb of the 2009-2010 period. I remember someone saying that back in the early days of the forum's existence, people had followed the site for a while and understood the humor that was generated based on "The Heroic Failures of F1," whereas now, the newer posters like me discovered the site somewhat recently, who may not understand the humor as well. I suppose this could have a great effect on what's been posted here lately, and some of the older members needing to regulate the activity. The Unusual F1 Stats thread went down under thanks to crappy posting quality plus stupidity (which I will admit I'm in that mess). The Preseason Testing Thread is starting to get a little out of hand, especially today.

A good idea for people to take up would be to preview your post before you hit submit, and ask yourself, "Is this really adding on to a meaningful conversation?" "Is this okay to post, or will others not take light to it?" "Am I being inflammatory in my post?" in the case of especially the Vettel debate. This I feel would help people raise their posting quality so they can edit their post before they submit it if one of these questions asked does not come out with a positive outcome. This is why many threads - especially in the Stoddart forum - are starting to turn into dust bins, because people don't think about what they're posting before they post it, nor read over it. I feel this would make people reconsider what they're posting in the first place, as if people don't think about nor reread what they write, that tends to lead to trouble. I learned this lesson a while back, and it's very useful if you don't want to post rubbish and gain a bad reputation.

I feel the above would be a great thing to do. It would especially help with grammar, as some people have dodgy grammar here. Some posters have a tendency to misspell words and incorrectly phrase sentences to the point where I can't understand them as a grammar freak. Now, yes, English is not everyone's first language here, we can forgive people for that. But if people can't understand what you're saying clearly, I feel that's just as bad as posting garbage that brings down post quality.

As for older members nitpicking - they're not. We here at F1 Rejects like to give people second chances to redeem themselves. If this means bad posting quality, or something else, then so be it. It's as if the older members are trying to help you, so you can join in on the original purpose of this forum, with respectful and reverent discussion in mind. It was the goings-on in F1 and F1 Rejects, now the PMMF is prominent for our own fun, and now worldwide motoring/random sports. I feel that with some posts here, this "original purpose," is not entirely being fulfilled by its members. This is why I'd like to see people shut up about the Vettel debate - the Vettel debate is fine, as long as it is kept respectful, reverent, and non-inflammatory based on someone else's opinion. This has not been happening.

In conclusion, the posting quality is entirely up to the members making the posts themselves, and there has been a changing tide. As a result, posters should do more to help with the idea of a respectful and reverent discussion, while still enjoying being here on the forums. People have started to leave the Stoddart forum more than any other forum because its posters have not been doing a good job managing their posts. If people would take that extra step to ensure the main goal in mind of respectful and reverent discussion, I feel F1 Rejects would be a greater place to be, and closer to being what the forum once was. Besides, this place is better than most forums, but our quality of posts are taking us down a bit. Let's restore our lead in the race, just like Seb or Fernando or Lewis would do when battling for the lead. Or anyone else in that first or second, or even further down position, for that matter. Let's see a better year at F1 Rejects than last. Let's have a good time here. Let's restore what made this forum what made it one of the best!
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

I kinda felt bad about this post, so declare it deleted.
Last edited by Ataxia on 22 Feb 2014, 19:24, edited 1 time in total.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

I can stand behind this. It's just one mans opinion here, and I don't have a beef with anyone (hopefully vice-versa) but I feel the issue that some people are wanting only 'quality posts' is a bit elitist. What is considered a quality post in ones mind, is not a quality post in the other ones mind. When people write 'His or Her posts are unnecessary', 'His or Her posts are not funny', 'His or Her posts are always off-topic', it causes confusion as to what you are allowed to talk about and can also be hurtful. Someone once cleverly said you do need to have a thick skin if you are doing something that can be reviewed or judged by others. Everyone thinks and feels different. How can you please everyone? It's impossible. I personally feel it shouldn't be so strict and serious all the time. As long as you don't pull a Zyla and destroy the forum for everyone by creating a hundred threads in fifteen minutes, what does the rest matter. Scroll or ignore. I haven't seen anything I have gotten aggravated about to be honest, I don't quite 'get' the anger that is present. But then I am mostly mellow and care-free. I noticed, for example, the Stats thread got locked because some posted made-up stats. Why not put up a warning instead?
Real-life stats was posted for 8½ pages, after all, why not go back to that? It's a bit killjoy.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

This isn't any old forum post, this is a Marks & Spencer forum post.

...do I look like effin' Shakespeare to you pal?
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Biscione wrote:This isn't any old forum post, this is a Marks & Spencer forum post.

Thank you for my new signature. I needed a new one.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
DonTirri
Location: Herttoniemi, Helsinki, Finland, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way.

Post by DonTirri »

Eh. We've had "crappy posting" since day 1. Back then people just had a thicker skin so we didn't have incessant moaning about them. Nor did we have stupid 'injokes" stemming from other subforums in such a huge quantity.

I mean, I was considered one of the more obnoxious guys around, and I'm decidedly tame when it comes to some of the "shite"posters nowadays. I still lurk almost daily, but I barely post because let's face it, the new breed can't take my kind of humor. Still the best F1-related forum in the interwebz
I got Pointed Opinions and I ain't afraid to use em!
F1rejects no.1Räikkönen and Vettel fan.
BTW, thats Räikkönen with two K's and two N's. Not Raikonnen (Raikkonen is fine if you have no umlauts though)
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

I still think all of you people are searching for problems where there aren't any.
Which sounds like all of your lives have become terribly boring, so you have nothing better to do with your time.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

This wrote:I still think all of you people are searching for problems where there aren't any.
Which sounds like all of your lives have become terribly boring, so you have nothing better to do with your time.

On reflection to this, my life has been very boring indeed being snowed in for most of my time the past week and a half. Although school is becoming more boring than ever. So, I'm bored, to say the least. Canoeing season is starting up in March, so I'll divert more attention there 8-)
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

go_Rubens wrote:
This wrote:I still think all of you people are searching for problems where there aren't any.

On reflection to this, my life has been very boring indeed being snowed in for most of my time the past week and a half. Although school is becoming more boring than ever. So, I'm bored, to say the least. Canoeing season is starting up in March, so I'll divert more attention there 8-)

Wait it's been snowing in America? All we've had is about 10 minutes of sleet. Obviously because of the OWG I haven't been as bored but can't wait for F1 to start again
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:
go_Rubens wrote:

Wait it's been snowing in America? All we've had is about 10 minutes of sleet. Obviously because of the OWG I haven't been as bored but can't wait for F1 to start again

Originally, I was supposed to have the school year end on June 8th or so. It's more like the 18th now, and many, many delays have occurred this winter, We've had snow covering the ground smoothly for a month or so and only yesterday did we in Centre County actually start to see 6 degrees Celsius for the first time since at least December. It's the most miserable winter I remember in the past 5 years.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

go_Rubens wrote:
Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:
go_Rubens wrote:On reflection to this, my life has been very boring indeed being snowed in for most of my time the past week and a half. Although school is becoming more boring than ever. So, I'm bored, to say the least. Canoeing season is starting up in March, so I'll divert more attention there 8-)

Originally, I was supposed to have the school year end on June 8th or so. It's more like the 18th now, and many, many delays have occurred this winter, We've had snow covering the ground smoothly for a month or so and only yesterday did we in Centre County actually start to see 6 degrees Celsius for the first time since at least December. It's the most miserable winter I remember in the past 5 years.

It has been really bloody miserable in southern England as it has been battered by heavy winds and rainstorms. I remember one day was so bad, I went to CEX to buy a game and dry off. Then, I missed my bus at the bus station so I ran nearly 1KM uphill in a downpour with a head wind to get to another stop to get the bus to my house. That and most of southern England being flooded means winter has sucked for me.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Sorry to dredge up the "quality of posts" thing, but my 2 cents is that just because someone's post isn't at least 3 paragraphs it doesn't mean it's not worthy of the forum. Some people like to chip in with an opinion but there is not always a need to right reams and reams of justification behind it. True, sometimes the comments or opinions can be inflammatory, in which case its fair enough to correct them (although my personal approach is to just ignore them). Most of the time its just a post from someone who wants to be involved in or appreciate a conversation but has already had their points taken by someone else who has already written a decent post. I myself will often have something to say on a matter but find that someone else has written it in a way that is better than what I can express but I may still feel inclined to leave a little post saying that I agree with someone else's statement because of such and such.

We should also remember that we have people on this forum between 10 - 16 years old. We can't expect masterpieces in the forums from them every time they post. As a 16 year old, I still had a lot to learn about how to conduct myself socially (heck, I still do now!). We (the older guys) should set a good example but don't be surprised to see the odd "pointless" post slip through the net. What happens when we criticise every post that's slightly off line is that people like RonDenisDeletraz (not picking on you man!) go into hiding and feel unwelcome. I agree with the thick skin thing about needing to take on board other people's opinions but targeted criticism is unnecessary.

As for the Unusual F1 Stats thread, I feel partly responsible for this! I do find that it was a bit abrupt for it to be closed especially as there was some good stuff in there amongst the odd @BadF1Stats imitations. If the thread was exclusively nonsense for about a page then I would understand a bit better.

Anyway, I should probably keep my beak out of this as I don't know the full picture (not on the PMMF or Mibbit). Peace out.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

So I come from my hollibobs to find the Word Association thread closed, talk about dissappointed!

Not really.
Just For One Day...
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

watka wrote:As for the Unusual F1 Stats thread, I feel partly responsible for this! I do find that it was a bit abrupt for it to be closed especially as there was some good stuff in there amongst the odd @BadF1Stats imitations. If the thread was exclusively nonsense for about a page then I would understand a bit better.

I agree with this. There was both good and groan-worthy stuff on there. What I would appreciate is, if a thread is to be locked, that the locker-of-the-thread places a post at the end of the thread to explain his reasoning for doing so, not just because somebody requested that it happens automatically.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Why people is so skeptical with RBR's chance this year? I don't get it. :|
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport