The Ali Dia Football/Soccer Thread

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: The Ali Dia Football/Soccer Thread - HYDEWINSLOL

Post by FullMetalJack »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:Who added the HYDEWINSLOL phrase?

Me, obviously not in a serious manner. Check the Conference table if you want to know why.

They did take the lead against Wrexham earlier today though after going a goal down, to make it 2-1. They lost 5-2 in the end though.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

FullMetalJack wrote:

Me, obviously not in a serious manner. Check the Conference table if you want to know why.

They did take the lead against Wrexham earlier today though after going a goal down, to make it 2-1. They lost 5-2 in the end though.

Their twitter account is starting to get a pretty serious following now, especially as the guy who runs it is hilarious:

"@hydefclive: GOAL: Hyde 2-1 Wrexham. Spencer. I've just wet myself."

"@hydefclive: GOAL: Hyde 2-5 Wrexham. We are really not very good."
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

AdrianSutil wrote:
FullMetalJack wrote:

Their twitter account is starting to get a pretty serious following now, especially as the guy who runs it is hilarious:

"@hydefclive: GOAL: Hyde 2-1 Wrexham. Spencer. I've just wet myself."

"@hydefclive: GOAL: Hyde 2-5 Wrexham. We are really not very good."

Yeah, apparently not only most followed in the Conference, but more than most Division 3/League 2 (It's still Division 3 to me dammit) sides too.

To put it in perspective, Hyde have 18k followers, we're in the Championship and we have 54k.
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

Ah, time for me to bore everyone again with the fact that I was there!
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Barbazza wrote:

Ah, time for me to bore everyone again with the fact that I was there!

I don't know what's better about that bit of history - the fact that the goalkeeper pulled off a miracle or that the announcer went completly ballistic when he scored. :P
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

Aerospeed wrote:I don't know what's better about that bit of history - the fact that the goalkeeper pulled off a miracle or that the announcer went completly ballistic when he scored. :P

Ah yes - I can't recall his name now but he was what is often referred to as 'a character'. I remember him going ballistic with the rest of us in the journo seats and then suddenly remembering that he'd better get back on the loudspeaker and tell everyone to get off the pitch!
Alextrax52

Re: The Ali Dia Football/Soccer Thread

Post by Alextrax52 »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:Meanwhile, Stoke drew in an enthralling 0-0 draw with Hull, in what has been christened The Greatest Football Match of All Time, Ever. Tactical genii were aplenty in the dugouts, with managerial legends Mark Hughes and Steve Bruce locking horns. The match was an instant classic, with at least two efforts on target in a scintillating match. The quality of the passing was top-notch as well, both keepers finding the opposition centre halves almost every time with accuracy that simply had to be seen to be believed. Elsewhere, some team beat another team 6-3 in a fairly drab encounter, Spurs lost a boring match against Liverpool 5-0 and Manchester United played out a 3-0 snoozefest against Villa.

God, I love supporting Stoke.

Best sarcastic writing ever
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Oh, Italian press, how funny you can be.

MONDAY: Antonio Di Natale announces his retirement
TUESDAY: Antonio Di Natale transferring to Fiorentina!

Nah, there's not a shred of truth to the latter. It's that thing papers do, when they notice a vacant spot in a team, they'll link any old player they can think of off the top of their heads as the transfer target to fill that void. I imagine next they'll be suggesting Falcao is going to Fiorentina, right? :roll:
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Biscione wrote:Oh, Italian press, how funny you can be.

Nah, there's not a shred of truth to the latter. It's that thing papers do, when they notice a vacant spot in a team, they'll link any old player they can think of off the top of their heads as the transfer target to fill that void. I imagine next they'll be suggesting Falcao is going to Fiorentina, right? :roll:

Is Gomez not doing the job at Fiorentina then?
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

I, as a Manchester United fan, was willing to write off two seasons to give Moyes time to rebuild the squad. Unfortunately, not invoking the time to rebuild, plus the lame refereeing excuses to explain some abject displays, plus the fact that Everton are doing better without him and finally adding the absolute failure that are his transfer negotiations, it makes good enough reasons to sack David Moyes if the board is willing.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

watka wrote:

Both Gomez and Rossi are out injured in the long-term. Or at least Gomez was, but is finally returning to fitness. Regardless, Giuseppe Rossi has been the best striker in Serie A this season, and just picked up a long-term injury. Their other forward options are far less impressive - Ryder Matos and Ante Rebic are very young players, and while he's had good form in the Europa League, Matos hasn't scored in Serie A yet. They need someone proven to lead the line while their two best players are out.

They should try to get someone who is out of favour elsewhere on loan. And actually, they were linked to Inter's Ishak Belfodil today. Vucinic and Quagliarella are both available, but I think Juventus wants to sell them rather than loan them.

Image Image
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Biscione wrote:
watka wrote:

Both Gomez and Rossi are out injured in the long-term. Or at least Gomez was, but is finally returning to fitness. Regardless, Giuseppe Rossi has been the best striker in Serie A this season, and just picked up a long-term injury. Their other forward options are far less impressive - Ryder Matos and Ante Rebic are very young players, and while he's had good form in the Europa League, Matos hasn't scored in Serie A yet. They need someone proven to lead the line while their two best players are out.

They should try to get someone who is out of favour elsewhere on loan. And actually, they were linked to Inter's Ishak Belfodil today. Vucinic and Quagliarella are both available, but I think Juventus wants to sell them rather than loan them.

Didn't realise Fiorentina were after Belfodil too, only heard about West Ham's interest in him.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Steve Clarke appears to have got hold of a Spanish passport under the name of "Pepe Mel", and rejoined West Brom as manager.

But seriously, they look pretty alike, wouldn't you say?

Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

And... Duchatelet bought another football club :roll: This time he bought Alcorcon. After Charlton and Carl Zeiss Jena, this is the third club the guy bought in a month's time, someone should really stop this guy, before he becomes addicted to buying and selling teams :?

And for some other meanwhile in Belgium, it's mostly the two Brussels clubs, RWDM and White Star doing the usual rejectful stuff. At RWDM players are on a strike more often than not, and at WS , one of the owners sort of became the trainer himself (which is never a good idea). But for clubs like these two, this is hardly spectacular. It's kind of sad all clubs from Brussels (except from Anderlecht) have a tendancy to self-destruct.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

I will be going to Charlton is Tuesday with a mate to watch Oxford play them. I quite like The Valley, good place to go to as a neutral.
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

watka wrote:I will be going to Charlton is Tuesday with a mate to watch Oxford play them. I quite like The Valley, good place to go to as a neutral.

Indeed. Went years ago to watch them against Fulham. Back in the days when Paolo Di Canio was still a beast. Very close to the pitch I seem to remember and where I was sat, I had a white hoodie on and on MOTD that evening I kept seeing myself in the crowd :)
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Hyde scored a point :shock: :shock: . It's the end of the world
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:Hyde scored a point :shock: :shock: . It's the end of the world

Them not losing cost me my accumulator, all other results came in too.

I suppose it was only 45 quid I missed out on, so it's not like it cost me hundreds.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Seeing as our esteemed friend Biscione is gallivanting around a certain boot-shaped country, I'll do his job and break the news on Italian goings-on.

After being beaten 4-3 by Sassuolo, AC Milan have decided to sack Massimiliano Allegri as the team sit a whopping 30 points behind current leaders Juv...sorry, Rubentus. The four goals by Sassuolo were scored by Domenico Berardi, who's on loan from the "Old Lady", a nickname that makes Juventus seem like the footballing version of Margaret Thatcher (and in Biscione's Nerazzurri eyes, they probably are). Cazzi, or something like that.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
apple2009

Post by apple2009 »

C'MON SUNDERLAND! LET'S GET TWO IN A ROW!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

I have been waiting literally years for this...

http://www.football-italia.net/44962/of ... aves-inter

Image Image
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Not a good afternoon for Arsenal, all things considered. They may as well drive up to the Etihad after the game and tell Man City they can have the title. :x
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Biscione wrote:I have been waiting literally years for this...

http://www.football-italia.net/44962/of ... aves-inter

Out of interest, have you ever been to Italy?
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

watka wrote:Out of interest, have you ever been to Italy?

Yup. I even witnessed the utter disaster that was our draw at home to Chievo a few weeks ago.

Why Mazzarri, why did you start with Rolando in central defence Image

Image Image
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Fair dos! I have a friend whose a Bayern Munich season ticket holder so I guess this is a growing trend!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

watka wrote:Fair dos! I have a friend whose a Bayern Munich season ticket holder so I guess this is a growing trend!

Ha, maybe when I'm insanely rich, I'll buy an Inter season ticket and fly to every home game at the weekend! :P

Image Image
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

I once had a season ticket for Geylang United in the S.League here in Singapore, where you'd be lucky to see 900 people turn up for one of their games...

...They didn't do well,even though they had a 38 year-old Croatian/Singaporean who was first selected for the Singapore national team at 40.
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

FullMetalJack wrote:Well, this is depressing.

Inter signed him, but Woy Hodgson was an idiot and caused him to leave after one year. Imagine if we'd had him during the years he'd spent at Real! Would have been immense.

It also reminds me of the age old tale of a Seleção superstar moving to St Mirren....

Image Image
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Biscione wrote:It also reminds me of the age old tale of a Seleção superstar moving to St Mirren....

And that leads me nicely onto a debate I found on youtube, with people arguing as to who was better out of Ronaldinho and Messi. The general consensus of quite a few commenters was that Ronaldinho was in fact better; I'm intrigued as to what those of you here that follow football think.

Incidentally, I happen to think that Ronaldinho is/was more skillful and magical, but Messi is by far the more complete footballer.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Strange rumour for the day: Vince McMahon/Mr McMahon/Vinnie Mac/The Higher Power, the crazed madman who runs the WWF/WWE, apparently is linked with a takeover of Newcastle F.C.

Well, I expect Newcastle to win all their games with their new signings, centre back John Cena and attacking midfield Roman Reigns. :P
Last edited by Londoner on 18 Feb 2014, 00:14, edited 1 time in total.
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

East Londoner wrote:Strange rumour for the day: Vince McMahon/Mr McMahon/Vinnie Mac/The Higher Power, the crazed madman who runs the WWF/WWE, apparently is linked with a takeover of Newcastle F.C.

Well, I expect Newcastle to win all their games with their new signing, defensive midfielder John Cena. :P

Nah, they should just sign Lorik Cana instead (even if he did play for Sunderland): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL_bZAdOKhk
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Top lel from Vincent Tan

Tan also said:

He has the backing of 90% of Cardiff fans

Even claiming that Dave Jones was a much better manager than Malky Mackay, which I completely disagree on.

It's amazing that he actually believes the 90% bit, surely he's one of the only owners in football who can match Carson Yeung in terms of being unpopular with his club's fans.
Ferrarist

Post by Ferrarist »

It's funny how, in my opinion, the good counterpart to Vincent Tan sits in Swansea. A guy, who's been supporting his club for his whole life and seems to do some good work with the club. As for Cardiff...
MIA SAN MIA!
Minardi Man

Post by Minardi Man »

Oh hai there, that's my home town club there, always a bipolar side that was either on the way up or down (although sadly not so much these last few years)!

Also can't believe I never realised there was a footie thread here :oops: Ah well, Liverpool ftw, Rodgers is Jesus.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

We should never have wanted Sullivan and Gold to go, it seemed like a good idea at the time
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

It seems that both Nemanja Vidic, Lukas Podolski and Bacary Sagna are moving to Inter Milan next season. Finally, some players that aren't provincial rejects :o

Image Image
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

And yes, RD (i don't need to spell his full name, i've mentioned it enough) wants to buy another club, this time he sets his eyes on Bari. (yeah you know, that team that has the same logo as Kellogs cornflakes)
I don't know what i want and i want it now!