The Ali Dia Football/Soccer Thread

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
Barbazza

Re: The Ali Dia Football/Soccer Thread

Post by Barbazza »

We will not be winning against Man City on the last day of the season - that I can confidently predict.

In other news, the fat oaf in charge of our 'football' team now decides he wants to play exciting, attacking football. This despite slagging it off earlier in the season as us fans apparently didn't understand that we would get relegated doing that.

Isn't it strange that he's changed his mind now that a) he needs some money to spend (on no doubt terrible and / or overpriced players) and b) the club needs all the season ticket holders to renew!
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

So, Liverpool just blew a 3-0 lead over Palace in the last 10 minutes of the game.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH. :P
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Your mission on Wednesday Aston Villa

KICK 7 SHADES OF S**T OUT OF MANCHESTER CITY
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:Your mission on Wednesday Aston Villa

It's Aston Villa, they struggle with one shade.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Ataxia wrote:
Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:Your mission on Wednesday Aston Villa

It's Aston Villa, they struggle with one shade.

So. I've learnt how a football fan feels to go through a low tonight. This is the premier league so don't take ANYTHING for granted
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:
So. I've learnt how a football fan feels to go through a low tonight. This is the premier league so don't take ANYTHING for granted

So 8th in 2012 was less of a low? 2nd is still pretty good for a side that's worse on paper than Man City and Chelsea...and possibly Arsenal, the jury's still out on that one.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Ataxia wrote:
Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:

So 8th in 2012 was less of a low?

Our cup run made that season worth watching. And we had the cat on the pitch which created a rejectul moment
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:

You haven't been following Liverpool properly if this is your first low in fairness.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Liverpool fans should be thankful they don't support Fulham who not only just got relegated but their youth side lost the FA Youth Cup final...after being 6-4 up on aggregate...against Chelsea.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:So. I've learnt how a football fan feels to go through a low tonight.

Yeah, because Liverpool have it SO bad at the moment don't they? :roll:
I like the way Snrub thinks!
eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by eytl »

watka wrote:Liverpool fans should be thankful they don't support Fulham who not only just got relegated but their youth side lost the FA Youth Cup final...after being 6-4 up on aggregate...against Chelsea.

Or, alternatively, since this is F1 Rejects, and I keep one-sixteenth of an eye on the other end of the Football League ... perhaps one can take solace from the plight of Bristol Rovers fans who watched their team get dumped down into Conference along with Torquay on goal difference.

(The irony of Torquay dropping out of the Football League is that a few months ago, in my own rejectful way, out of sheer randomness I decided to play a full League 2 season for Torquay on FIFA 14 on my Wii - the only game console I have, which confirms my reject credentials - and proceeded not only to win the league by a mile, but I also won the FA Cup with Torquay beating Man City on penalties and then Chelsea in the final. And in case you're wondering, FIFA 14 on Wii ain't the same as the real FIFA 14. It's just FIFA 11 with updated players and teams. So it's a reject game as well.)
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

eytl wrote:
watka wrote:Liverpool fans should be thankful they don't support Fulham who not only just got relegated but their youth side lost the FA Youth Cup final...after being 6-4 up on aggregate...against Chelsea.

Or, alternatively, since this is F1 Rejects, and I keep one-sixteenth of an eye on the other end of the Football League ... perhaps one can take solace from the flight of Bristol Rovers fans who watched their team get dumped down into Conference along with Torquay on goal difference.

(The irony of Torquay dropping out of the Football League is that a few months ago, in my own rejectful way, out of sheer randomness I decided to play a full League 2 season for Torquay on FIFA 14 on my Wii - the only game console I have, which confirms my reject credentials - and proceeded not only to win the league by a mile, but I also won the FA Cup with Torquay beating Man City on penalties and then Chelsea in the final. And in case you're wondering, FIFA 14 on Wii ain't the same as the real FIFA 14. It's just FIFA 11 with updated players and teams. So it's a reject game as well.)

The Bristol rovers boss was born and played for Mansfield. Guess who dumped him out the league? Mansfield
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

eytl wrote:

Or, alternatively, since this is F1 Rejects, and I keep one-sixteenth of an eye on the other end of the Football League ... perhaps one can take solace from the plight of Bristol Rovers fans who watched their team get dumped down into Conference along with Torquay on goal difference.

It's been a pretty crap year for the West Country sides; Yeovil couldn't extend their stay in the Championship (although Gary Johnson put together a plucky side, the defense was just too weak and Paddy Madden was disappointing before being shuffled off to Scunthorpe), Bristol City nearly went down before Steve Cotterill turned it around, and Rovers dropped out too (although I might have been a touch guilty of celebrating that fact, since I've never particularly liked Rovers). And going south, as you say Torquay joined Rovers in next year's Conference.

In addition, Exeter started brightly but just went into free-fall; the team lost the old warhorse Jamie Cureton, who still gets the goals at the ripe old age of 38. The only teams who kinda did okay was Plymouth who finished mid-table in League Two, and Bath City managed a decent 7th in the Conference South.

Why can't the West Country just be good at football for a change? Sigh...
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

FullMetalJack wrote:
Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:So. I've learnt how a football fan feels to go through a low tonight.

Yeah, because Liverpool have it SO bad at the moment don't they? :roll:

Well, the only way Liverpool can win now is if Man City lose one of their last games. I think with who Man City are up against, that's not likely.

I still feel happy for Liverpool and their high finish this year compared to years past, but the way they have killed their lead leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

So, its official, Man City are 1 point away from their second title.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

roblomas52 wrote:So, its official, Man City are 1 point away from their second title.

Crazy how football didn't exist before Sky invented in it 1992.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

shinji wrote:
roblomas52 wrote:So, its official, Man City are 1 point away from their second title.

With that being said, has Liverpool thrown away a chance to win their first title?? :P
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

shinji wrote:

Klon looks up "Manchester City" on Wikipedia -> Honours / Domestic -> 1936–37, 1967–68
Look, shinji, when even a German thinks you're being pedantic, you know you've don goofed. :P
David AGS

Post by David AGS »

'Im back!'

Bit off left field, Im seeing a lot of Man City and Chelsea clothing a lot more. I just sometimes wonder if they are really fans or they sort of just jumped on the bandwagon of the rich billionaires club, and enjoy immediate success.

I really do wonder of some chaps have ever heard of Danny Tiatto, Sun Jihi, Darren Huckerby, Jody Morris, Dennis Wise etc etc. These names of just 10+ years ago, im sure some can name many more names!

On the Liverpool situation, Im sort of seeing them as Arsenal in 2007-08. Sort of in control of the lead (albeit way later in the season) only to loose a comfortable lead at a side they should have beaten and then seeing their leader and others sitting on the pitch being emotional. Yes, im comparing Palace and Liverpool v the Birmingham and Arsenal game (Eduardo's injury game). Have to remember Gunners were 2-0 up late in the game.

Other observation. I sort of had a soft spot for Fulham expecially a few years ago, mainly through the 'aussie' connection. Socceroos have played 'home' games there, support staff, Adrian Leijer, Ahmed Elrich, lately Schwarzer etc. I hope they do bounce back straight up, but the championship is a very competitive league and it wont be easy. A lot of players on big wages too, so they have to rebuild in a big way. Saying that, when you concede 83 goals you probably deserve to go down!

Maybe they can do a Newcastle, rebuild their squad and bounce back.

Finally, the Aussie A-League has been run and won and Brisbane were deserved winners. League a bit different here. Top 2 on end of season table get a week off and home semi final, while 3rd v 5th, 4th v 6th. Brisbane topped the league and won the grand final overall. Definetly best side all year, worth noting that Tomas Broich, the former German youth player won best player of the year, but have lost their best striker in Besart Berisha (yes the Albanian international!) who has joined my side Melbourne Victory.
Miserable Thierry (Boutsen) staggers round mostly on ten cylinders (out of 12) with no clutch, low oil pressure, bad brakes and no grip to finish tenth, 3 laps down...

(Murray Walkers review of Boutsen's Brazil 1991 race).

Thats a point these days!
eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by eytl »

David AGS wrote:I really do wonder of some chaps have ever heard of Danny Tiatto

If ever there was a walking red card, he was it. Then again, since you're a Victory fan, the walking two-week suspension was Kevin Muscat ...

David AGS wrote:Finally, the Aussie A-League has been run and won and Brisbane were deserved winners. League a bit different here. Top 2 on end of season table get a week off and home semi final, while 3rd v 5th, 4th v 6th. Brisbane topped the league and won the grand final overall. Definetly best side all year, worth noting that Tomas Broich, the former German youth player won best player of the year, but have lost their best striker in Besart Berisha (yes the Albanian international!) who has joined my side Melbourne Victory.

I think the Roar definitely had an advantage in the last few weeks and in the finals without having to play ACL. Not at all surprised that the Wanderers lost to Sanfrecce Hiroshima earlier in the week. I just can't see how they could have got themselves up for that game after running the Roar so close in the final.

I must though, that whilst the Roar have become the first three-time A-League champions, geez they've cut it fine in all three finals they've won. The A-League honour board would have a very different look to it if 2010-11 was won by the the almighty Central Coast Mariners (my team!), 2011-12 was won by Perth Glory, and 2013-14 by the Wanderers.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

David AGS wrote:'Im back!'

Bit off left field, Im seeing a lot of Man City and Chelsea clothing a lot more. I just sometimes wonder if they are really fans or they sort of just jumped on the bandwagon of the rich billionaires club, and enjoy immediate success.

I really do wonder of some chaps have ever heard of Danny Tiatto, Sun Jihi, Darren Huckerby, Jody Morris, Dennis Wise etc etc. These names of just 10+ years ago, im sure some can name many more names!

Ah yes, I remember many of these. Back when I was in primary school, I used to like Man City's kit and so I kinda followed them for a bit. I also remember the likes of Shaun Goater, who top-scored for City when they got promoted from Division One in 2002. There was also a time in 2004 where the only summer transfers were on Bosman/free agent deals (a far cry from now!), where Kevin Keegan brought in the chrome-domed Danny Mills and renowned leg-breaker Ben Thatcher, as well as a few goalkeepers to cover for the oft-injured Nicky Weaver.

Man City never seem to rely on the youth team either. Back in the day they had tons of youthies in the first team, like Joey "The Scouse Nietzsche" Barton, Stephen Jordan, Stephen Ireland, and some other players that kinda fell off the face of the planet (Karl Bermingham, anyone?). Nowadays, why bring talent through when you can just buy it in?

I stopped following Man City shortly after Thaksin Shinawatra bought the club and Sven-Goran Eriksson started bringing players in after watching a few videotapes of them and nothing more. I guess I'd kinda grown up a bit anyway and started paying attention to my local teams, and after a successful campaign for Yeovil under Russell Slade (narrowly missing out on the Championship after losing to Blackpool), I guess I sort of switched my attentions. That said, I recall Elano being a criminally underrated signing, but £5m for Felipe Caicedo was stupid, Rolando Bianchi was just rubbish, Bulgarians Valeri Bojinov and Martin Petrov spent more time in the injury room than on the pitch, Geovanni ended up at Hull, Corluka and Garrido were okay, and Gelson Fernandes was just filler.
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

FA propose 'B' teams to play in the English League

An extra division between League 2 and the Conference, known as 'League 3', is set to be introduced for 'B' teams of the Premier League and Championship clubs. These clubs can't go higher than League 1. The intent is to help young English talent and give them more playing opportunities.

Quite honestly, this idea is a load of bollocks to me.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

FullMetalJack wrote:FA propose 'B' teams to play in the English League

An extra division between League 2 and the Conference, known as 'League 3', is set to be introduced for 'B' teams of the Premier League and Championship clubs. These clubs can't go higher than League 1. The intent is to help young English talent and give them more playing opportunities.

It seems to work for Spain and Germany, though...I'd quite like to see it in action first to see if it's a good idea. I think it has some potential.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

David AGS wrote:Bit off left field, Im seeing a lot of Man City and Chelsea clothing a lot more. I just sometimes wonder if they are really fans or they sort of just jumped on the bandwagon of the rich billionaires club, and enjoy immediate success.

I once asked a Chelsea "fan" who they thought was their best player of all time. My immediate reaction to whichever current squad player he named (don't remember) was, "Why not Gianfranco Zola?". To which he responded..."who?".

He should be taken outside and shot. I'm not a Chelsea fan whatsoever, but even I know it's crazy to be a Blues 'fan' and not have heard of Zola. He was absolutely mega. It's like being a Juventus fan without having heard of Nedved, a Sampdoria fan not knowing Roberto Mancini, etc etc.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Biscione wrote:
David AGS wrote:Bit off left field, Im seeing a lot of Man City and Chelsea clothing a lot more. I just sometimes wonder if they are really fans or they sort of just jumped on the bandwagon of the rich billionaires club, and enjoy immediate success.

I once asked a Chelsea "fan" who they thought was their best player of all time. My immediate reaction to whichever current squad player he named (don't remember) was, "Why not Gianfranco Zola?". To which he responded..."who?".

He should be taken outside and shot. I'm not a Chelsea fan whatsoever, but even I know it's crazy to be a Blues 'fan' and not have heard of Zola. He was absolutely mega. It's like being a Juventus fan without having heard of Nedved, a Sampdoria fan not knowing Roberto Mancini, etc etc.

It'd be like a Birmingham fan not knowing Trevor Francis.
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

What amused me was football 'legend' Danny Mills (lucky to even get one England cap, let alone nearly 20) claiming via one of his employers, the BBC, that this wouldn't happen. Him being an authority because he was on the committee making up these new ideas.

And then it was announced that it was on the list. Strangely Mr.Mills's proclamation is now nowhere to be seen on the BBC website.

Yet another indication of how low BBC Sport has fallen - he's by no means the worst pundit either while the likes of Robbie Savage are around.
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

If it's something like what clubs in Portugal do what their "B" teams, it's going to serve more to rotate 1st Team players than with youth players. Unless someones puts some very strict rules regarding B teams.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
David AGS

Post by David AGS »

eytl wrote:I really do wonder of some chaps have ever heard of Danny Tiatto

I think the Roar definitely had an advantage in the last few weeks and in the finals without having to play ACL. Not at all surprised that the Wanderers lost to Sanfrecce Hiroshima earlier in the week. I just can't see how they could have got themselves up for that game after running the Roar so close in the final.

I must though, that whilst the Roar have become the first three-time A-League champions, geez they've cut it fine in all three finals they've won. The A-League honour board would have a very different look to it if 2010-11 was won by the the almighty Central Coast Mariners (my team!), 2011-12 was won by Perth Glory, and 2013-14 by the Wanderers.[/quote]

Yes agree. The final sort or reminded me of when Victory played Sydney in 2009-10 (on memory!). Archie did his knee early and we scored very late to draw level. They sort of smashed us in ET but Behich missed a tap in and they won on penalties. Combine that with Asian CL and it was too many games at a time.

Also agree with Brisbane, however game goes for 90+ min, as you know not over till whistle goes! Bit of credit to you lot. Had the same scenario happen to another club, they would slip out of the finals, such as the close knit group they still are. Interestingly Arnold has signed with Bling Bling FC, so well see how he goes!
Miserable Thierry (Boutsen) staggers round mostly on ten cylinders (out of 12) with no clutch, low oil pressure, bad brakes and no grip to finish tenth, 3 laps down...

David AGS

Post by David AGS »

Ataxia wrote:
Ah yes, I remember many of these. Back when I was in primary school, I used to like Man City's kit and so I kinda followed them for a bit. I also remember the likes of Shaun Goater, who top-scored for City when they got promoted from Division One in 2002. There was also a time in 2004 where the only summer transfers were on Bosman/free agent deals (a far cry from now!), where Kevin Keegan brought in the chrome-domed Danny Mills and renowned leg-breaker Ben Thatcher, as well as a few goalkeepers to cover for the oft-injured Nicky Weaver.

Man City never seem to rely on the youth team either. Back in the day they had tons of youthies in the first team, like Joey "The Scouse Nietzsche" Barton, Stephen Jordan, Stephen Ireland, and some other players that kinda fell off the face of the planet (Karl Bermingham, anyone?). Nowadays, why bring talent through when you can just buy it in?

I stopped following Man City shortly after Thaksin Shinawatra bought the club and Sven-Goran Eriksson started bringing players in after watching a few videotapes of them and nothing more. I guess I'd kinda grown up a bit anyway and started paying attention to my local teams, and after a successful campaign for Yeovil under Russell Slade (narrowly missing out on the Championship after losing to Blackpool), I guess I sort of switched my attentions. That said, I recall Elano being a criminally underrated signing, but £5m for Felipe Caicedo was stupid, Rolando Bianchi was just rubbish, Bulgarians Valeri Bojinov and Martin Petrov spent more time in the injury room than on the pitch, Geovanni ended up at Hull, Corluka and Garrido were okay, and Gelson Fernandes was just filler.

I do recall they started the season very strong though, I think they were on top for a while or well up there.

watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

David AGS wrote:'Im back!'

5-0, even Morris scored!

Ataxia wrote:

It seems to work for Spain and Germany, though...I'd quite like to see it in action first to see if it's a good idea. I think it has some potential.

It wouldn't work here as teams in League 1 and League 2 are well supported and they'd be uproar if they had to compete against these "B" teams (anyway, isn't that what the League Cup is for?). On the continent, tier 3 and tier 4 leagues tend to be filled with amateur clubs with attendances of around 2,000, being generous.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Well kostramalone Hibernian were consigned to the play off place at the wrong end of the SPL. What do you think?
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

:D :D :D :D :D :D MCity does it again!!!!!
Poor Liverpool :cry: :cry: :cry:
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

AxelP800 wrote::D :D :D :D :D :D MCity does it again!!!!!
Poor Liverpool :cry: :cry: :cry:

Ah it was a long shot anyway and that first half was our worst show of footie in an age.

Still a great season looks on next season as Liverpool will want to build on this season, Man City will be good again, If Chelsea get some more firepower they will be stronger and I still think Manchester United will bounce back.

But Congrats to City and we look forward to next year
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:Well kostramalone Hibernian were consigned to the play off place at the wrong end of the SPL. What do you think?

Hearts are in administration, no money, no senior players, nothing, guaranteed relegation. And they still had a better season than us.

Hibernian deserve to get relegated after performances like this. It's been a complete disgrace, one of the worst Hibs seasons I've seen for a while. We lack quality players. The youth team has stopped pumping out quality players like they used to a decade ago. We won't spend to bring in quality players because balancing the books is more important. The financial model would work if our home-grown players weren't total shite.

It's flat out depressing watching this club sometimes. It got so bad I left Leith and moved to Tynecastle (ok, that was coincidental, but it feels symbolic almost).

Image Image
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

MEanwhile in Belgium.
-Wwith one game to play, it seems like Anderlecht is taking a title they didn't deserve. Of course it's not their fault that Cl. Brugge and Standard keep throwing the title away. Still i'm hoping Enoch will write an article about how they are going to win, just to curse them :lol: Mathematically, only Standard can take the title away from them, but they don't have it in their own hands. As Anderlecht has to play against Lokeren, it is unlikely that they'll lose. And with Standard playing against their arch-rival Genk, anything can happen. Brugge can still take away second place, and Z.Waregem is secured of 4th place, so they'll have to play against the winner of play-off 2. Or are they?
-The play-off2 final is played between Oostende and Kortrijk, but as Oostende doesnt have a European license (as they just got promoted, they didn't have to, unlike all other teams). But that means, if they win, the game against the 4th place play-off team that will decide the last european spot will not be played. If Kortrijk wins, there is no problem. Yes, thats Belgium again, with their weird systems.
-in the promotion play-offs from div2 to div1, everything is still possible, with 2 games to play, with Eupen, Mouscron, STVV and OH Leuven all still in contention.
-Of all the professional licenses trouble, only RWDM failed their second attempt to get their license, so they will get automatically relegated to third division.
-Only 5 teams now play for the third promotion spot from div3 to div2, instead of 7, as from div 3A only one team wanted to play these play-offs. (the others are 3 teams from 3B and the second-to-last from div2)
-I also found out why 4th division team FC Charleroi performed so horrible (they only got 5 points all season). Apperently they were merged with 3rd division team Charleroi Fleurus, but the merger didn't happen on time, so they were forced to both start the season. So they played with a B-squad from the other team, as they had no players of their own. It looks like in the province of Hainait, strange things are happening all the time. FC Charleroi is of course one of the teams carrying the legacy of the legendary La Louviere, the other one is a merger between all kinds of small local teams.
-My local team Hades was playing for promotion to third division, but got beaten in the play-offs. Still, well done to do so well on their debut in the national leagues!
-The selection for the national team has only one surprise: no-one expected Origi to be in it. On the other hand, it doesn't look like a bad choice.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

So...

I looked up Ali Dia just to refresh my memory on who he was. And in doing so I found his entry on a Wordpress blog called the Journal of Failure. You know what else has been given a bit of extra publicity there? The Centrale article on the Footwork Porsche disaster. I tried to search the forum to see if it'd been posted before, and apparently it hasn't. Just thought you all might want to know...

Now carry on talking about football. What will become of Woodford United next season?

Hasty edit: it seems the blog likes us. Just a bit further down on the "car flops" section there's a bit about Andrea Moda, that mentions F1 Rejects by name. Håpla!
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Quick question - is anyone in the UK collecting the Panini World Cup stickers by any chance? If so, I will likely be needing some legitimate, trustworthy people to do some trades further down the line as my doubles pile gets ever bigger! Anyone interested shoot me a PM or use this thread - I guess it's as good a place as any to chat about good old football stickers!

dinizintheoven wrote:Now carry on talking about football. What will become of Woodford United next season?

Oh dear oh dear. I went to a training day there once in the school holidays when I was younger. The bloke who used to tour the local primary schools teaching us football (Phil Lines) managed them for a while about 10 years ago. I think he also had a spell at Brackley Town who's meteoric rise over the past few years has almost got them to the Conference Premier!

Anyway, sad to see Woodford in such a sorry state, a few of the guys I knew at school have played for them, it would be good to see them get back to where they were a few years ago.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

AndreaModa wrote:Quick question - is anyone in the UK collecting the Panini World Cup stickers by any chance? If so, I will likely be needing some legitimate, trustworthy people to do some trades further down the line as my doubles pile gets ever bigger! Anyone interested shoot me a PM or use this thread - I guess it's as good a place as any to chat about good old football stickers!

My girlfriend is collecting them too. She buys them in from Brazil because they cost a fraction of the price over there, and no doubles so far...

Image Image
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

The ultimate case of financial strife affecting a team's performance happened this year. Take a look at all the penalties Cypriot side Alki Larnaca had this season

1 On 17 May 2013, Alki Larnaca were deducted three points by CFA because they failed to meet the financial criteria of UEFA.[38] On 6 August 2013, Alki Larnaca were deducted another three points by CFA because they failed again to meet the financial criteria of UEFA.[39] On 8 November 2013, Alki Larnaca were deducted six points by CFA because they failed for the third time to meet the financial criteria of UEFA.[40] On 2 December 2013, Alki Larnaca were deducted two points by CFA because they failed to meet CFA's monthly financial criteria.[41] On 8 January 2014, Alki Larnaca were deducted nine points by CFA because they failed to pay the referees' salaries in three of their home matches (deducted three points for each match).[42] On 15 January 2014, Alki Larnaca were deducted three points by CFA because they failed again to pay the referees' salaries in two of their home matches.[43] On 31 January 2014, Alki Larnaca were deducted two points by CFA because they failed for the fourth time to meet the financial criteria of UEFA.[44] On 5 February 2014, Alki Larnaca were deducted nine points by CFA because they failed again to pay the referees' salaries in three of their home matches (deducted three points for each match).[45] On 6 March 2014, Alki Larnaca were deducted two points by CFA because they failed for the fifth time to meet the financial criteria of UEFA.[46] On 9 April 2014, Alki Larnaca were deducted two points by CFA because they failed for the sixth time to meet the financial criteria of UEFA.[47]

they also won 0 matches and got just 2 draws on the field too
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:The ultimate case of financial strife affecting a team's performance happened this year. Take a look at all the penalties Cypriot side Alki Larnaca had this season

1 On 17 May 2013, Alki Larnaca were deducted three points by CFA because they failed to meet the financial criteria of UEFA.[38] On 6 August 2013, Alki Larnaca were deducted another three points by CFA because they failed again to meet the financial criteria of UEFA.[39] On 8 November 2013, Alki Larnaca were deducted six points by CFA because they failed for the third time to meet the financial criteria of UEFA.[40] On 2 December 2013, Alki Larnaca were deducted two points by CFA because they failed to meet CFA's monthly financial criteria.[41] On 8 January 2014, Alki Larnaca were deducted nine points by CFA because they failed to pay the referees' salaries in three of their home matches (deducted three points for each match).[42] On 15 January 2014, Alki Larnaca were deducted three points by CFA because they failed again to pay the referees' salaries in two of their home matches.[43] On 31 January 2014, Alki Larnaca were deducted two points by CFA because they failed for the fourth time to meet the financial criteria of UEFA.[44] On 5 February 2014, Alki Larnaca were deducted nine points by CFA because they failed again to pay the referees' salaries in three of their home matches (deducted three points for each match).[45] On 6 March 2014, Alki Larnaca were deducted two points by CFA because they failed for the fifth time to meet the financial criteria of UEFA.[46] On 9 April 2014, Alki Larnaca were deducted two points by CFA because they failed for the sixth time to meet the financial criteria of UEFA.[47]

they also won 0 matches and got just 2 draws on the field too

Try as I might, I'm simply unable to tell what website, if any, you ripped that text from. If you would be so kind as to tell me, that would be good, as I am very curious.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in